What's Veeky Forumss thoughts on tattoos?

What's Veeky Forumss thoughts on tattoos?

Unironically, one of the reasons I'm losing weight and working out now is because I got one on my shoulder, and it's so awesome that I don't want the canvas to be a fat lump.

prepare to be shat on by everyone. Who gives a fuck its your body

I think they generally look bad. Sometimes passable, but particularly rarely on guys. I've accepted they're just something women have and don't bother to ask about them unless I have no other reason to talk to them.

I'm hoping to get ripped as fuck and get one on my calf
I am blessed with large calves, since I walk wrong and used to be 300 pounds
I can calf raise more than I can squat

Can you provide an example of what constitutes as a passable tattoo to you?

why do you care what he thinks

Gee wiz user, why do we have discussions about anything on here?

I've never seen anything I would want on my body permanently.

they can look good on turbochads. on bikies and violent criminals they don't necessarily look good, but still serve a purpose. On everyone else, it looks like you're trying too hard to be a turbochad.
There's also neckbeard nerds who get ricknmorty tattoos, and SJW types who get all sorts of shit tattoos, but if you're either of those i doubt you'd change your mind based on Veeky Forums's opinions

OP here. This is mine. Could be worse, right?

I want a picture of an ass, on my ass, with a tattoo of a smaller ass on it

Everyone calf raises more than they squat you dingus

Only acceptable tattoo is on a current or former member of the marines (debatable), green berets, seals etc. Otherwise is dumb and looks dumb

>tattoos
self assigned jew star for the lower class

Or other elite international fighting force like SAS or some shit, slipped my mind

That's a real fine opinion, crayon eater. Did you pass up alot of steers getting to your home in queer central?

I'm not a fan of tats myself I think 90% of the time they just look shite. If you wanna get some though more power to you.

Waiting for this tattoo fad to die. Like the beard fad, and the IPA fad, and the social media fad.

>rarely on guys
Pease explain

*Please

I said they were debatable on marines jackass learn to read

not near double

Hooah.

Everything in this picture screams "I was an 11b that had no rockers on my arm"

Most tats have little meaning and are fucking stupid. I can understand religious tattoos for specific religions, I can understand putting the name of a friend who died saving your life on you, I can understand getting a tattoo of something huge and meaningful like a quote your father said on his death bed that changed your life, or your platoon name over a scar you got in a war, or even something that deeply motivates you to keep going through rough times.

Most modern tattoos are garbage though. Tribal tattoos, chains, tramp stamps, or anything for the sake of "looking cool" generally doesn't resonate well with me. It just looks like you're trying too hard or calling attention to yourself.

I bet all the faggots in the 90s thought their tribal tats were the shit and now they're the laughing stock of every gym locker room

why do people post their tattoos when they are still red instead of waiting until they actually look normal?

do tattoofucsk really have this little self control and patience ?

Because people who get tattoos are attention seeking cunts in the first place so are you really surprised?

spose not

I got mine for two reasons. One, I went through so much crazy shit in Japan that I felt I deserved it. Two, it's the perfect permanent souvenir.

Tattoos are for BP beta males

I understand you Logan
Seeing a dead body for the first time isn't easy on most people
I suppose this is you? Is that a tat of the tree the nip virgin hung himself?

>implying Logan would ever fucking lift

Soon to be joined by tats of inane meme quotes written in cursive on people's flanks.

>copyright 1985

the tattooer takes the picture, not the guy who got the tattoo

>b-but it's an important quote to me that my dad shared on kikebook before he had a stroke!!!
I seek motivation and memories from looking at ink on my body!!!
Don't blame him
He's just a typical welfare queen brainlet

Pretty sure the skin would be way more red freshly inked and would be wrapped up right after inking

nothing wrong with tattoos. Everything wrong with ugly tattoos. It's art what you are putting on your skin. There are bad and good pieces of art. Problem is that it's permanent / expensive to remove so if you don't know what you are doing you shouldn't do it.

Leviticus 19:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

tough stamps are shitty. period.

tattoos from cultural backgrounds (maori, indonesian, Japanese etc) are traditional and carry significant value and respect.

if you are honouring your heritage i have no problem with this - if you are a white middle class fuckwit thay thinks maoris are sick khunts and you want some maori ink - kys.

the problem is 3/4 of thw population now have some shitty butterfly/hope/name/band/tribal design tattoo and this is the norm now, and i am glad i wasnt stupid enough to get a little heart on my ring finger because 'its the only finger that has a vein running to the heart' - people are narcissists and fucking stupid when all is said and done. this was to be expected and iant going anywhere anytime soon.

get whatever you want... tell everyone how it didnt hurt, how it means something deep and resonates with you on so many levels. its a fukken joke.

You are getting a tattoo that had sentimental value to you and that is something I will always get behind.

My brothers and I got the family crest on our chest when we turned 25. The tattoo itself will fade and just worsen over the years but it is worth getting. Just don't be an absolute fuckboy and try to show everybody that you got a tattoo.

yeah they also said no gays but look at fit

The Leviticus is a book written for levites and has no meaning to Christians
The old testament is not Christianity

Looks bad in almost all cases.
Guess it's even worse if you are a lifter because if your body looks like shit you're not spoiling much by getting tatts.
I saw a few genuinely nice tatts on lifters, usually minimally invasive and highlighting already nice proportions or muscle insertions.
However you have to consider the aging of your body and your tatt, it'll probably look bad years from now.

Considered getting several for years but I never could decide myself and I eventually stop to think about it, I'm glad nothing happened.

pic not related

i see no connection between getting a tattoo and expressing some kind of meaning in your life. i do not draw a picture of a bird when i fly on an airplane

>falling for the Maori tattoo meme
if you're not Maori or if you don't have the roided "The Rock" physique, it's straight down pathetic

I have my daughters name on my shoulder and it looks awesome, everyone tells me so, even my dad and he hates tattoos

I think tattoos are fine. Some are admittedly dumb, and I have to question why someone would get x/y/z dumb thing on (inappropriate body part). A lot of them are crappy art from Joe Blow's Best Effort Tattoos, Inc. But I dont respect anyone less because of that. I just think how lucky I am that I dont carry the blunders I made when I was younger around permanently on my skin -- I was more into drugs and women than tats.

Some tats are done right and look amazing with great color and artistry. Thats all that really matters I think: at the end of the day, tats are just art. Its pretty disingenuous to call someone a degenerate over that or judge their entire life. Some have genuine meaning, some admit their tattoos are just art, and other people draw out these contrived, bullshit meanings for their tats, but why does Veeky Forums give so many ducks? Youre all gay anyway, body art on dudes should make you happy.

Do you really think your dad is going to come out and tell you you look like a degenerate

People will rarely tell you to your face they dont like your tattoo, even though a lot of people dont like tattoos. I wouldn't let the lack of people telling me I look like a retard lull me into a false sense of "this looks fine "

>body art on dudes should make you happy
Not really, certainly not lazy drawings on a nice body.

How are tatt removal techniques now? Does it actually work?

You don't tune a Ferrari.

You think the plastic wrap magically appears as soon as the tattoo is finished?

Is it that inconceivable that they take a photo before wrapping it up?

Fucking hell you need to get out more.

For me tattoos look better with tanned skin
Zyzz's back tattoo is aesthetic as fuck

His back tattoo looks dumb as fuck.

Everything about him is pure cringe.
I never got this fascination about him.

what do yall think of tattoos like this ?

Are you pacific islander? If not, no.

I think some look alright. I have my upper arm done and I regret it, if that theoretical tattoo cream every actually becomes a thing I'll get rid of it, but I can't be bothered getting lasered.

i'd like to be ;__;

>implying he doesn't

I'm gonna have Full set of John Wick's tattoos + Jerusalem Cross.
When my mom allows me.

>Looks bad in almost all cases.
>Pic not related

Pic very related.

>tattoos

Meant that this kind of tatt was bad, I should have re-read my post.

ITT betas trying to feel good about not having tattoos

Can someone post the whole series of these?

they make you look dirty

that means you suck at squatting.