Rest days

what do you guys do on rest days? any particular massages that you do to sore areas? apply cream? epsom salt bath? let me know what you guys do to recover faster and feel better for the day after.

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/blog/more-than-a-stretch-yogas-benefits-may-extend-to-the-heart-201504157868
health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/core-conditioning-its-not-just-about-abs
running.competitor.com/2013/11/recovery/using-yoga-for-injury-prevention-and-recovery_47712
humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/using-yoga-to-prevent-injury
active.com/fitness/articles/yoga-poses-to-prevent-the-top-sports-injuries
docdro.id/HQPqPtj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

eat, sleep, have sex, that's all.

Sleep, fap, play dnd, fap more, drink soy sauce, eat dorritos, fap, cry myself to sleep

I swim and sometimes rock climb on my rest days, if I don't do something I feel guilty

Foam roll
Static stretch (splits etc)
Ab wheel
Mma/striking
And if I have time
Skateboarding
Snowboarding
Rockclimbing
Footbag

At least 10 kilometers running for me

On rest days I do Hatha Yoga and a short session of Pilates.

>Inb4 fag

Because of these practices (also do them daily) I am NEVER injured training, have great flexibility, an aligned back and core strength.

masterbait and play league all day

Extra mobility work and abs

>Because of these practices (also do them daily) I am NEVER injured training, have great flexibility, an aligned back and core strength.
None of those benefits – except flexibility – came from Yoga or Pilates.

If you think that, you never practiced neither and don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Specially when it comes to pilates. Core strength and back alignement are literally KEYS of the practice o

Fucking idiot.

Imagine being this retarded

>None of those benefits – except flexibility – came from Yoga or Pilates.

FUCKING KEK

>I'm a big manly man who don't need no nothing but my weights

Imagine being this butthurt.

Imagine talking about shit you don't know about as if you knew about it. A quick google search can disprove this imbecility

Core strengths and back alignment come from compounds and core exercises.

>A quick google search
A quick google search will tell you have to get toned for summer and rock a six pack with a 7 minute workout. Hit the gym sometimes.

Jack off and watch moontoons.

I don't think you get Yoga and Pilates are complementary to lifting, high intensity interval training, functional training, crossfit training, lifting, etc. You are such a fucking idiot I'm baffled. Most great gyms offer pilates, yoga and all of those btw. All of which I practice.

wew, pilates.com. You totally blasted him

>I enjoy wasting my time
Good for you.
>I need validation
Sorry, I won't give you any. Hopefully you'll survive regardless of that. Godspeed

>Pilates
>Him
ERROR

If this doesn't work your core, I don't know what the fuck does.
Or even throwing ball weights at you while you are sitting on a ball, having to fucking twist your body and throw it back to the trainer while maintaining your balance.

Xd

Holy shit what an idiot

>None of those benefits
tfw user who knows shit about physical education thinks he does

if i'm overweight (6-4, 250 lbs), should i bother with yoga and shit or wait til i've dropped a couple pounds

videogames
a few static holds and stretches
there's no harm in starting just stick to positions you can hold comfortably. Your joints are probably already taxed from being tall best to get ahead of this as soon as possible.

Yoga as a lot to do with balance and flexibility, so no matter your weight, you can practice it. As for Pilates, it's good if you have back and joint pain, as it ameliorates it and also burns calories, depending on how heavy the session is. It's up to you when to start. If you don't have any problems with mobility, your weight is fine.

If I feel motivated I might run a quick mile and do some stretching. But normally I just do nothing. You know, rest. Maybe foam roll if I'm really sore.

>Doing fitness stuff on off days
Off days are all about doing shit with your friends.

>friends
nice bait user

Imagine being this butthurt – again.
I forgot to add: there's zero (0) evidence that _any_ stretching and the like give any benefit as far as injuries are concerned. Read the NSCA manual and the academic papers therein referenced. Proper form prevents injuries, not a stretching routine dubbed as "Yoga" to better appeal Stacy and friends. You probably don't even know what Yoga actually is or means.

That's a nice callisthenic exercise. It's not necessarily yoga or pilates or [insert fancy name here]. Hanging leg raises, dragon flags, abs roll, planks (isometric or not) accomplish the same isolation goal, and they're nicely incorporated in any no-name no-branded weightlifting routine.

>not being able to socialize with friends because you want to go on a 30 minute jog

Just SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP HAHAHAHAH

Also, medfag here. It is scientifically proven that Yoga helps with mental health, as it releases about as much neurochemicals as acupuncture. Also helps with coronary illness and workout in general health.harvard.edu/blog/more-than-a-stretch-yogas-benefits-may-extend-to-the-heart-201504157868

>Paying attention to your breathing is important during the strength-training part of rehab. And the mindfulness and greater awareness from the meditation can help you cope with the stress of your illness, eat more healthfully, and sleep more soundly, all of which help your recovery

I said it is complimentary to training because IT IS. Also I suggested reading a study (if you are capable of understanding it) called Malaise, Melancholia and Madness, which virtually explains how inflamatory response is related to systemic illnesses and if you interpret the study correctly given the information, you can understand how these practices can help with those, which are AGAIN C O M P L I M E N T A R Y to training and do decrease the risk of injury.

Another:

health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/core-conditioning-its-not-just-about-abs

>The role of the core is also central to the Pilates method, a series of exercises developed during World War I to help rehabilitate soldiers returning from the war. Its founder, Joseph Pilates, referred to the core as the "powerhouse."

These days, patients who are receiving physical therapy for chronic low back pain or injury are told to contract their core muscles before performing prescribed exercises.

So PLEAAAAAAAAASE stop talking about shit YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT.

Using Yoga to prevent injury:

running.competitor.com/2013/11/recovery/using-yoga-for-injury-prevention-and-recovery_47712

humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/using-yoga-to-prevent-injury

active.com/fitness/articles/yoga-poses-to-prevent-the-top-sports-injuries

PS: Shut the fuck up.

>Read the NSCA manual and the academic papers therein
link to a source that not behind a $50 paywall?

>I forgot to add: there's zero (0) evidence

Just use google scholar and you'll find the evidence.

eat, lie on the couch, go to sauna, fap, sleep

>zero (0) evidence
LITERALLY ON THE HARVARD MED WEBSITE (PIC RELATED) TALKING ABOUT FUCKING PILATES HAHAHAAH

i'm bored as fuck, I am doing homeowkr all day and they gym wasn't open today at 6:00 AM like usual.
guilty tbqh

Go fuck yourself, seriously.

>all these faggots posting
>almost none of them say "work"

Fucking NEETs

I'll take Harvard, over your opinion anytime.

>appeal to authority is so an argument

do i have to eat as much on rest days? my appetite is always far lower on rest days and that's the hardest part about bulking.

Harvard > your opinion

Sucks, but that's the way it is, layman.

My campus's fitness center has multiple massage chairs in the lobby area. On my rest days, (and even days I'm lifting, sometimes), I'll go sit in one of them for 30 minutes while i do some reading. really takes a lot of tension of the lower back and just gets the blood flowing well.

Well, if I had a show about fitness would I call a Harvard professor to talk about it or an idiot on Veeky Forums for an interview? kek

>having a job that makes you work on the weekends
jesus it's like admitting you work fast food

If you work 7 days a week you're either dedicated to a career you love
>or you're fucking retarded

30 minutes of yoga and stretching, go on a walk, take a scalding hot bath to boil the Jew chemicals out of my body

Jesus. Imagine being this butt-flustered . Pathetic.
>Developing core muscle strength can boost the effectiveness of workouts and reduce the risk of injuries.
No shit. This is completely unrelated to what you call "Yoga" (that is, a fancy stretching bastardized stretching routine) and "pilates". In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.
Pilates for rehab. No shit. A brisk walking is fine too for your average middle-aged unfit buddy.
Wow. And smith machines can be complimentary too in rehab. Fucking. Wow.
That's wasn't me. Yours ain't even an academic paper or a scientific manual. On top of it, your reading comprehension is below zero.
docdro.id/HQPqPtj and scihub will give you any paper behind paywall, if you're actually not enrolled in a university.
Feel free to link such evidence.
>medfag
Sure, and you link me a press articles and blogposts. Pathetic.

>Jesus. Imagine being this butt-flustered . Pathetic.
how is asking for a source being butt-flustered?