STRETCHING

Help me Veeky Forums. I need a legit tried and true daily stretching routine to maximize flexibility. Especially if you're on the complete end of the inflexible spectrum. The SS of stretching.

I'm stiff as all hell. In all my years of playing sports and working out, getting fat and losing the weight, I have never added stretching to my routines. To any of them.

Not before a work out, not after, not on rest days. Not even "just because".

I'm not a fat slob, I wouldn't call myself fit yet but Id say I'm healthier than many others this country (America, which isn't saying much i guess). I'm active because my job forces me to be doing intense cardio all day (delivery boy for a busy restaurant in a city, in an area with many steep fucking hills). But for goodness sake I can't even touch my goddamn toes. Not because I'm anywhere near too fat to do so, but because my hamstrings are so unbelievably inflexible!
That is madness. I've been like this all my life. I have more will power to put over a hundred pounds on my body and lift it, than I have to just hold a stretch and do it routinely.

I now realized, this is mostly because I don't know anything about it. I'm not sure what I should be feeling, or aiming for. I don't have any idea of a routine, especially not one that would compliment weight training. I don't know when would be the best time to stretch or in what environment. And stretching is still dangerous if done improperly. I already have had injuries that's been preventing me from working out for a good 8 months so far (Got hit by a car and got a grade 3 concussion, months later then fell off bike and fractured my radius bone, haven't lifted in forever, depression coming back.)

tl;dr Give me a stretching regime that will maximize the flexibility of someone who NEVER STRETCHED despite having been active in his life and is recovering from injuries that are preventing me from lifting. And overall general discussion about stretching and flexibility.

Other urls found in this thread:

3dlabz.com/medical/stretching-anatomy.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lkzWF1UE1CI
phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html
phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html
youtube.com/watch?v=eCLpeN_EDFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel your pain user. I have knocked knees and I too am looking to be more flexible.. I. Can’t sit cross legged.

exactly what kind of flexibility do you want, user

what the fuck is with these stretching pictures

H-Heh whoa, pretty crazy pictures man lol

MADE FOR BBC

yeah.. "stretching thread"

pffftpftfptptf

this will escalate very quickly

>STRETCHIN THREAD!
>post gayest pictures on the internet

what is going on?

source if you dare: 3dlabz.com/medical/stretching-anatomy.html

Posting in le ebin thread

Put me in da screngapt

okay now THAT is a SNACK
i'm not even going to edit it, simply looking at it is inspiring me to become more Veeky Forums and make more gainz
>it's just fucking 2gay already no point in editing that gay ass bitch

Get kit mclaughlins strength and flexibility new edition.

Best book for adult flexibility (conventional flexibility training is only really applicable to children or those who became flexible as kids - something not discussed enough).

I was v inflexible. Did yoga a few years and had a lot of improvement, but some problem areas persisted. Kits book really helped me break through. It's different to strength and aerobic training. U need to apply different methods

Literally Google "starting stretching.". There's already a routine.

Okay kit, will do

DELETE THIS

YOU GOT ME MAD NOW

Built for BBC.

no homo

God damn it. I chose the image because I thought it would be funny and get all your attention. Now you fags only care about the homoerotic aspect of the thread. Great
I guess something basic. A flexibility that everyone should have and/or would compliment your workout. I don’t need to be made of rubber I just need to be able to touch my damn toes and not feel so stiff and prone to injury. I’m not flexible at all, as I’m even less than the average person.
The equivalent of some fat/skelly loser doing SS.

Ok I want to believe you but you really sound like a shill.

>Now you fags only care about the homoerotic aspect of the thread

Welcome to Veeky Forums
you are here forever brah.

>this isn't even my final form

Does gayness give you the power to levitate?

kek

Wanting advice from Veeky Forums is suffering..

Guys plz stop

fucken lol

youtube.com/watch?v=lkzWF1UE1CI

I mean this in the nicest way. Read the sticky (the links at the bottom):
phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html
phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

>welcome to Veeky Forums

I regret making this thread. How do I undo this?
I just want to stretch.

Dont put me in the 9gag screencap

You could have prevented this user

FU-
SION

HAAAAAAAAAA

include me in the screeencap

Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go...? Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

"stretch"

Serious answer, Joe defrancos limber 11 is the goat

Check'em

i would go to youtube and look up some basic 15-20 mins of yoga. theres a few on there i do that really do help in stretching

This board is gayer that lgbt

Come at me soyboy

The end comes...beyond chaos

include me in the screen cap, thanks

This fucking thread.

M-mom and dad aren't home user...

wew user

Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!

learn how to get into proper weightlifting position
youtube.com/watch?v=eCLpeN_EDFg

>tfw this thread ruined my nofap 2018 run
Fuck you all

user senpai, don't be tsundere

>almonds activated

I laughed my ass making these, enjoy Veeky Forums.

>tfw nothing to do on rest day.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A SCREENCAP

T-thanks for ruining my thread.

U fukin genius
May Thor bring you good lifts and gains brah

Checked

at ~7:20 when Klokov says to use the appropriate power for the amount of weight lifted, does this principle apply to all (compound) lifts or just oly lifts?

is he basically saying focus on maintaining good technique?

u welcome

Dis thread is for gay homosexuals.

Last version, the middle needed something

Kek

Would it be smarter to smoke before or after stretching?

Very true, I can easily do this stretch and I have no gf

People tend to smoke after stretching each other.

So strechin makes u lose ur penis?
Im fucked.

Only on Veeky Forums

george bush did 911

weeeee

your thread didn't deserve any attention and you picked that stretching homo jpeg on purpose. Never post a photo more interesting than your topic, it's Veeky Forums 101. Besides, read the fucking sticky and pick and starting mobility stretching routine for beginners and call it a day, you obnoxious closeted faggot

You don't need to unless you play sports or do clean and jerks for some reason

Hilarious, well done fit

Kek this has gone too far.

Not true I've been gone for 5 years and this board is filled with literal faggots, and incel r9k/sluthate tier faggotry about looks. Every time I come back I'm reminded why I don't browse anymore.

>Not true I've been gone for 5 years
>Every time I come back
>I don't browse anymore.

Veeky Forums a magical place

Glad I've witnessed this

take me there

bump

This thread is about to die and nobody screencaped it :(

Why are you mad, rofl.

Lads, I think I have knee pain on the inside right below the knee cap from squatting with bad ankles. What are some good ankle stretches I can do to get better flexibility there?