/mentalhealth/ thread

It's rest day and the anxiety/depression makes its swift return since I can't lift it away.

How are you tonight bros? Post feels whether they're good/bad/ugly.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17608329
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_Rising
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Getting drunk as fuck because it's a holiday tomorrow

Drink of choice? Jack straight for me.

Actual aspergers here, this shit fucking blows but im not ready to off myself yet, even though I think about it everyday.. Lifting and getting smashed every friday are the things that are keeoing me alive rn.

I can't possibly imagine what it's like living with that. But, leave it all in the gym whenever you go man, rooting for you.

Been in a weird place ever since gf and I broke up 2 months ago. Haven’t been able to focus on my degree studies at all or really anything else including lifting. I’ve just been staying inside playing video games most of the time. I went out a few times with friends and even had a couple one night stands. I just felt emptier inside after. I don’t miss my ex at all so it’s not that though the dreams every night do suck. I think I’m just trying to find a sense of identity and re-evaluating everything I used to do but I feel clouded by stress and anxiety all the time.

>finally feeling good since my major depressive episode
>Start hitting it off with a qt for at least 2.5 weeks
>Monday comes and she asks me to hang this weekend
>Tuesday she's talking to me about how she's always flirting with me
>2am Valentine's day: "I think continuing further with this is a bad idea and will innevitably end poorly. I hope you understand"
>Feeling the spiral down to the pit

What the fuck did I do over the course of 4 hours that made her flip like that

you didn’t do anything wrong, girls are just fickle creatures man. If you really want her then ignore her for awhile and she’ll come back to you

Are you me?

Granted I've been able to focus on lifting, but my degree studies are hard to stay with as well. FWB's don't really help my situation either after two bad break ups in a row, for some reason I just want to fuck everything that moves and it makes things worse. I am currently struggling with knowing who I am as well, so we're in the same boat.

I like to push hard on the iron. I look forward to lifting because the pain makes me feel alive. I also meditate, so try that? Give reading a shot as well, i'm a self-help fag but it gets me through these times. Wishing you luck.

Did you do anything autistic?

That sucks user, you didn't do anything wrong. Focus on lifts and becoming the best version of yourself, the qt's will come.

Nope, I flirted back with her, actively made her laugh, we'd make a lot of physical contact etc

She's similar to me in that she over thinks a lot of things so she did say that since we're on the same Motorsports team, it could cause issues. Idk though, she just seems like she's just trying to actively avoid me now

Thanks bro, yeah it's pretty fucking bad, but 21 is no age to die really, I want to fulfill my lifting goals and give life one last shot.

Thanks for the support, we're all gonna make it

thanks user. Gym and the endorphin rush after a heavy dl set is probably the one thing making me feel good right now. I’ve tried reading a bit but it was Schopenhauer whose cynicism is refreshing but probably not best for my psyche right now. Any reading recommendations?

Yesterday i got up early and went to my barber to get a fresh haircut then i joined a new gym and lifted for the first time in 6 months. Feels pretty good.

My health anxiety came back after one solid month of clear mind and its eating me

>she just seems like she's just trying to actively avoid me now

the harder you push the harder she’ll run away. Act like you don’t even care she’s avoiding you, it messes with them and makes her wonder. It demonstrates your worth and she’ll come back

>She's similar to me in that she over thinks a lot of things so she did say that since we're on the same Motorsports team, it could cause issues
That's not true, obviously. Forget about her and move on.

I recommend LSD friend.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17608329

i feel ya

broke up 1.5 months ago, prior to the breakup she would cry about stress, about not having time to go out,
about her life revolving around collage, how she can't take it anymore, she stopped working out, didn't wan't to do anything.
She broke up with me saying how it's just not working anymore and she doesn't want to drag me down.

fast forward, in the last month every single day on kikebook i see "exgf is interested in event",
i checked, she switched instantly as soon as she left me, just started going everywhere, working out, partying 2 a week.
We went for some coffee, like friends, she was a totally different person.
I spent three fucking months comforting her ans supporting her bullshit traumas, and as soon as shes out of dick,
she plays this. Idk why i ever even liked her, but hot damn was she hot, like 9/10 body.

After fucking a 9/10 every weekend for a year and a half, i don't even consider most girls attractive enough.
kinda feel lost, i just lift all day, my other hobbies suffered too, collage grades fell.
Im not sad about the breakup, im angry if anything, i just feel weird.
my entire life sorta just fell to lifting, i have nothing, i was a better man than this.

My fucking parents.
I mentioned the idea of going to a community college instead of the liberal arts college I go to now.
Apparently it's "beneath me".

My abulia has flared up lately which caused a whole domino-effect and it's royally screwing my life over. I'm going to see a psychiatrist in March, hopefully she can help me. I'm prescribed Atarax for my anxiety issues from a different doctor but it doesn't do shit. It basically only tranquilizes me physically, not mentally. It's a precursor trial drug to see how you'd react with stronger anxiolytics so I'm eligible for things like clonazepam and alprazolam, I just need someone to give me a prescription already.

When I'm not distracting myself with something I'm constantly uncomfortable. I'm not even exaggerating here either. My mind doesn't seem to give me a break. The worst part is my sleep has been awful this month. Last night in particular I had a vivid dream of me peering out of a window to see a ghost lady in white at the edge of a forest, then suddenly I heard shrieking and I fell on my back and woke up although I was paralyzed for about 5 seconds and couldn't breathe. I seem to randomly wake up 1-3 times during my slumber regardless of nightmares and while I can usually go right back to bed occasionally I'll be unable to so I go on the computer for a few hours before I'll be able to fall asleep again.

What's it called when you feel like you're on thin ice 24/7?

tfw been depressed most of my life. abused by stepparents, bullied at school. tried to kill myself twice so far. i also have a serious mental illness which im on medication for currently. feels like nobody ever gave a shit and nobody ever will. ive gone through life seeing emotional support and weird cultural get togethers in the spirit of helping those who need it, but i find these same people who organize and talk about fucking autists or gays or whatever the fuck and helping them will be the first to fuck you over if they can get away with it. I had a therapist for half a year and i never even got close to telling him somethiing real about me or what i feel. all you can do is look ahead though and make the best of it

I hope it works bros, thanks for the advice

I'm gonna be getting close to my goal weight in a couple of weeks. Gotta start working on the mental and social gains, whats a good routine?

borderline personality disorder?

Pretty much in the same boat here. It's unfair the life that we have given, but oh well, what can we do. I'm not leaving this earth before I achieve some of those things that i desire..

GAD
Anxiety is a widespread symptom and it can be indicative of a wide variety of mental illnesses. It's the same case with depression. That's why it's important to see a shrink when you're having issues that are beginning to impact your life before they fester and progress into worse things.

nofap

>ex was crazy gf
>also cheated on me 7 times
>found out after we broke up ^
>went out and partied non-stop, alcohol became coping mechanism
>met and pulled a lot of nice girls though so thumbs up for that
>basically became an alcoholic, stopped going out but kept drinking
>parents, sister and friends all tell me i'm drinking too much
>7 or 8 pints 2 or 3 nights a week as my chill nights with at least 2 heavy blackout nights, who knows how much those nights
>off alcohol for lent
>holy fuck i understand why i drank so much

my head just feels like it's going 100 miles an hour, like i constantly need new stimuli. I'm top in engineering in my uni and my mate calls me autistic sometimes so i think i do actually have some mental issue associated with ocd and above average intelligence but why can't i just be simple and sit down and watch tv, like it seems so easy to spend 4 hours staring at a screen watching mindless shit, why can't i be that easily entertained

Im currently during madcow 5x5, but this image should help. Hopefully you can find something that fits you user.

>tfw 26
>kissless virgin
>no friends
>make absolutely zero attempts to improve my life at all and don't care

honestly i dont really feel like shit until the weekend when i dont have my shitty job to go to and so i just sit alone all day

i just want to die in my sleep already

I can sorta relate minus the excess alcohol and being top in engineering. I can never be satisfied with normalcy, I feel degenerate if i'm not constantly working to improve myself.

I think I may be a workaholic, as meme as it sounds. I actually just got back from running two miles because I didn't want to let my mind take over. Sucks about the gf btw, Iktf when one cheats on you and she's hot as shit. You have to remember that you are worth more than you realize, always remind yourself that you have value. Sometimes it may feel like others don't see that, so that's why you need to believe it.

Hope this helps.

its another "top engineering student blackout alcoholic tons of sex from hot girls" fit poster

you dont say

The only way to go to a therapist is to be as real as possible. Your mind will try to convince you that you're a bitch for opening up but once I did? user, it's night and day. Remain on your medication obviously, try meditation if you can because it seriously helped me feel better about life.

>tons of sex from hot girls
no, i'll freely admit i have no fucking clue in that department. had sex with the ex a max of maybe 10 times in 18 months.
>top engineering student
year average of 88.4%, won 2 awards from uni
>blackout alcoholic
wow it's almost like people with an above average intelligence are more likely to use alcohol as a coping mechanism but remain functional

I'll throw some ideas out there, but Veeky Forums can't help you unless you help yourself user:

>Work out w/o earbuds so maybe conversations start
>Go to bars without delving deep into bad habits
>Look at community gatherings
>Make real attempts to re-connect with old friends potentially if they aren't bad people.

That's all I got, but I hope you find peace user.

Idk if you're still here user but take it from a 4-year drop out who went to community college and now is going to another 4 year that he actually likes:

Go to community college first and really figure out what you enjoy. Kick ass in school, maybe go to parties here and there but don't get too caught up in them. Work your ass off outside of school as well, and i'm not talking about just the gym. Get a job and learn to juggle, this will help you immensely. Do not EVER, I repeat, EVER let other people determine who you are or what you want for yourself. Real Shit.

I'm not sure what to say, but i'm glad you're alive user. It shows how strong you truly are.

unfortunately my real problem is that ive been like this for so long (like since before high school) that im atually afraid to try to meet people because they will see what a shut in loser i am and how weird/autistic/add i am

fully get the workaholic stuff, i like to have things finished before i go on to another thing, which lead to me taking a 20 minute break in a 10 hour shift in my part time at a shop. Hey, i'll resume my lunch now but oh wait the milk needs topped up sort of shit.
>running 2 miles
i despise running but get you. long walks became my solace but it's pissing down outside so earlier i just sad with a cup of tea and all the lights off in my room listening to daughter.

>girl
yeah there's a nice girl i see every weekend at the local bar now and we pull etc but she only comes home on the weekends and cause i'm a weekend shift worked i'd only see her on a saturday night so i don't want to go near gf material with her, as lovely as she is.

but yeah user, it does feel like that. parents were both high achievers so any time i do something it's oh why didn't you do better. average off 88% but because one of my marks was beneath 80% i got earache about that. there's always something they nag about so now i walk around my house wearing headphones blasting daughter or other melodramatic music at full volume which they now yap about as well.

chins up lads, suicide would only be letting the ex win

I recommend meditation, but i'm sure you've heard this.

wait no i know how to workout i meant for mental and social gains

>chins up lads,
>chin-sup lads
>chin ups lads
how many do I need to do to not feel suicidal?

Thanks, user.
I don't really have parties to worry about, I have some close friends at home that I love hanging out with.
I know that I really shouldn't let them determine my worth, and I know that what my mom said was ridiculous. It's just nice to hear someone other than me say it.

Oh shit, word.

For mental gains I recommend Cal Newport's "Deep Work". He goes in depth in how to achieve a state of maximum productivity so you can possibly create work that is compelling. Something that fulfills you. It helped me learn how to organize myself and weed out some bad procrastination habits.
I also recommend "So Good They Can't Ignore You" by him as well, along with "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey, that book helped with just about everything in terms of prioritizing.
And finally, I recommend "33 Strategies of War" by Robert Greene, this is basically my Mecca. I return to it when I have anxiety attacks and remember that battles are won from within.

cause my uni website can be inspected and you won't take that bs, here's my uni "hear" report, cropped cause you ain't knowing my uni or name/access number. And it's a pdf so you can't inspect that stuff.
>pic related

at this stage
>1xF neck to rope assisted

Refer to this post

And I forgot, for social gains I gotta get deep.

Once I accepted 90% of myself I became comfortable in just about all social interactions I've ever been in. I always try to initiate conversations, in the beginning when I tried this I failed many times, but after awhile I became adept at doing so.

I'm in community college at the moment, so I kinda just walk up to people randomly and start conversation if I'm in a class with them. I make efforts to be social whenever I can outside of there as well, I rap with one of my friends every couple of nights to just speak on some things going on in my life with him. This also helps as something interesting to mention in conversation.

Let me know if I just fit your definition of helping with social gains, if not, re-specify and i'll give it another go.

You are what you say you are.

What I mean is, practice self affirmations and positive thinking. Increase your perception of personal worth. Worth does not come from external forces, it's all internal. Make adjustments where needed. Hope this helps.

it sucks but the only real solution i can see is to try to be strong enough to create a better future for ourselves
thx user ill keep that in mind

Thank you. In-person compliments from people come off more as worthless platitudes to me but seeing my friends here express admiration fills me with happiness. You guys mean a lot to me.

Yeah, just don't say you actively want to hurt yourself or others. That'd probably get you put in the psych ward.

Will see how this week will go, i know it may be tough but i have to get through this shit and face it like a man in the office

The coworkers are really flinging shit at me right now

>The coworkers are really flinging shit at me right now
what for?

I'd look at this week as another effort of maintaining. You're putting it down in the office and supporting yourself.

Maybe try to treat yourself to a solo dinner at your favorite restaurant this week? Maybe call up a qt to go along if you feel so inclined. It's important to take a moment and appreciate yourself. As for the co workers, it's part of the job i'll assume. Just ignore them to the best of your ability, you deserve to be happy.

may have misinterpreted the co workers part, but yeah, what for?

Know the feeling dude, I know it's shit advice but I find treating myself to something I've wanted for a long time helps. I bought microplates last time. Order on monday so it arrives on thursday and i can save them and open on friday.

I'm And work is slowly draining me, meant to do 25 hours taught time in uni, not including travelling etc which ends up being in uni 9-5 mon,tue and thurs, 9-1 on wed and fri and now in work I'm working 30 hour weeks for fucks sake. Got guilt tripped earlier cause one woman is going with her daughter to hospital on thursday and needs the night covered. Also got pic related text earlier. How the fuck do my parents expect me to keep my grades up and still they tell me too take all the overtime I can get. I'm killing myself.

I don't know the full story or what is going on with them but will lay it out here

I have been working remotely and not showing up to the office for a long time now
Basically when I started working at this company it was only me and a few other people in my dept, now it has grown and when I first started they said it was alright to work remote and no reason to go to the office

So, what happened is i work from home a long time, and now i start coming into the office and people are treating me like shit, almost like i have done something to them personally, or like i have embarrassed, disrespected or spit on them when i never have since i don't usually show up to the office..

Once again, i have projects to work on and usually just work from my home office since i can get a lot of work done that way rather than waking up, getting ready for work and driving into the office, than sitting here for hours

Anyway continuing, not sure why since at this point most people stop reading and move onto the next topic..

So I have been coming into the office lately and people are treating me like shit, trying to ask me dumb/silly questions, cracking a joke right at me which means they are laughing at me and more than likely they are also talking shit behind my back

I went into the office last week, a coworker decided to pull me aside and told me, listen man you need to show up to the office weekly, at least a few days because people here are talking about you, and i asked him what did they say... he wouldn't tell me so now we have a situation at work....

They think they are better than me or something

>ExGF of 5 years broke up with me on New years after sleeping with a dude
>Gives me all this shit about not wanting to be in a relationship
>She jumps into a relationship with said dude
>Parades him around even though hes a clear downgrade
>Cuts me off
>I have a coworker interested in me and two chicks I went o HS with appear out of nowhere once word gets around that Im single
>Making all kinds of mental gains, and literal gains
>Despite this still feel empty
>Miss her
I am so confused Veeky Forums does the ride ever end

Bad
>be me
>oneitis for over a year over this girl
>I see her quite frequently
>always thought she was just a shy person
>discover that she's really not, only around strangers and me
>Pretty sure she's into another guy
>hes shorter and weaker than me, but they just connect better
>I really thought we connected but I guess not
>feeling upset she's too afraid to open herself up to me
>friends doing shit without me
>I never do anything except go to the gym and sit at home
>boring as shit life
>I cry in the shower
>really good at public speaking and group conversations, but as soon as it turns 1 on 1 I sperg out so I can barely talk with people even over text
>realize I'm just a guy to her
>also realize from looking back i'm 90% sure she was into me
>I can place the exact perfect time I should've asked her out
>we were saying bye and she was lingering and obviously waiting for something to happen, looking at me and stuff
>I was so retarded I didn't do shit
>I keep regretting it
Everything fucking sucks Veeky Forums. I know it will get better eventually it just really fucking sucks for now and I have no one to talk to about it.

I still think about my ex even after 4 months. I've detailed here in the past, but she was pretty much borderline and fucked my feelings and self confidence really badly.
It doesn't help that I met a girl interested in me but that lives almost 800 km away and that we had only one night together so far.

>getting surgery to remove cancer so I can enlist
>more and more depressed the closer I get to the date
>this is merely a symptom of my eternal self-hatred
Why do I subconsciously want to fail so fucking bad? Why do I self-sabotage so much in every aspect of my life? How can I get over this without a counselor or meds? I gained 50 pounds since august after they DQ'd me for "likely cysts" which puts me on the cusp of being too fat to join.

>Find a noble goal to fight for, struggle gives meaning to existence.
>Stop feeding the false self, the image that others have for you.
>Pursue self-knowledge, understand why you act the way you do and reevaluate whether that childhood self-defense mechanism is beneficial in your adult life.
>Cultivate self-esteem, don't neg yourself when it's unproductive.
>Don't ruminate on the past or what you should have done outside of what is helpful to avoid future mistakes.

Just a few things. I went from wanting to blow my brains out every single day after graduating college to feeling OK with no major depressive episodes since 2015. I'm not where I want to be yet but I've escaped a sort of mental prison. I imagine if some, not all but some of you pursued self-knowledge you might see that the prison walls you're stuck behind are only there if you believe in them.

Thank you for the knowledge.

Work my ass off in school to get honors only to get no job opportunities. Going to have to go to MORE school so I can get some joke unpaid internship. Im beginning to feel like the fabric of the universe is against me getting friends. I try my utmost hardest to be a respectable individual but doesn't mean shit I guess. Offing myself once my parents die

Honors doesn’t help in getting a job. It’s mostly job experience and extra curriculars

Angry because after losing 40 pounds I still don't like myself enough to make friends or look for a SO.

hey Veeky Forums i love you all. you guys are my entertainment for off days. i don't feel comfortable sharing what ails me, but it's a girl problem. never put your happiness in the hands of a female, fellow anons. i feel ruined.

Going to post here today.

Feeling like a cunt. I have been looking at my ex's Instagram, etc. because I miss her. She dumped my ass. I'm doing better than her in terms of finance, job, everything pretty much. But still, I'd give anything to spend the night with her again. Fuggg.

Taking everything in my power not to text her. But even if I did, I wouldn't know what to say and she wouldn't respond anyways. What's with women when it comes to that anyways? They never fucking respond. Fuck, lads.

been there brother

ignore her and dont attempt to make contact with her

accept you messed up, and realize shes now using you for attention

use it as a learning experience, shes not worth it.

youll meet many more chicks, she shits and burps like anyone else take her off that pedestal

i repeat forget her and move on. if you run into her keep it short and go on with your day

in a few months youll be laughing at this whole thing

every guy goes through the oneitis stage, later she wont even look as attractive

your brain is releasing chemicals and youre hooked on her like a drug

she aint shit bro, learning experience thats all

Im right there with you lad. Dumped by what was supposed to be the love of my life. Just keep pushing on. I can tell you that this is the best time to love yourself.

You don't want someone that dosen't want you. unreciprocated love is not worth your value as a person

lift, eat right, get sleep. the next chick will be 10x better

Some advice beyond calm down would be great

I feel like people can read my thoughts, I constantly feel like I am being watched. It does not make me paranoid in fact I often try to act in a way that would make the people watching enjoy the show. I also feel like everyone is smarter than they are pretending to be and they are somehow manipulating me into doing things. I can't see things as coincidences anymore. I feel like people are plotting against me but it is this strange feeling that does not bother me at all. The only one that really bothers me is feeling like people are watching me at all times. Sometimes I just get so exhausted of constantly acting normally or not doing certain things or talking out loud because I feel the people watching me will be angry.

Jesus Christ I just read that and saw how crazy I sound. Deep down I know it's not real but I just can't stop for some reason. Any advice. I really don't want to go the a therapist because I hate the idea.

Thanks lads, just had to get it off my chest I suppose.

Not joking, you sure you're not schizophrenic? Probably want to go to see a psychiatrist or something. I had a buddy who ended up in a mental institution because he just kept doing drugs, avoiding his schizo meds, and, not even joking, ran on foot into another state because he felt like he was being watched by the government or some shit. We all went to his house one day and knocked on his door asking if he wanted to play some Magic: the Gathering. He just laughed maniacally and slammed the door.

Don't want to see that happen to a fellow Veeky Forumsizen. Go see a doctor, lad. It'll be good for you in the end. We all got shit we have to deal with.

im an RN, you might have paranoid personality disorder

You are confusing you with your perception of you that is defined by every moment until right now. Reality does not exist.

Read: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_Rising

I feel like my entire life is a series of silver medals. What I mean is everything from an outsiders perspective is something to be proud of but for me it's always not what I was striving for. Just for once I want to be truly happy.

I just wish I had someone to talk to who wouldn't get tired of me and who I can trust.
everyone is always the same "you'll find someone someday"
"don't worry, man you can't make me sick of you"
but literally the next time I speak to them exacerbation drips from their voice.

I haven't been well for a long time and I will probably end it all soon. I'm not interseted in things. I feel and hear things when I try to sleep. I talk to myself like another person. I'm just so tired.

Sorry user, I too have ended a relationship recently with someone who's borderline and really fucked me over psychologically. Currently getting high everyday to cope with depression but so far I'm getting more done than without and I'm able to be happy for a couple of hours a day.

You are literally me from a month ago ago. It gets so much better. Weed everyday definitely helps ease the pain, but I brought it down to a couple times a week again after I got over it. You need to realize that she isn't shit and you are incredibly valuable. I lifted twice a day for that month and it was all blind rage and basically bursting out into tears in public. Now I keep track of my shit, am making gains, and remembering that I don't need to let depression or thoughts of her control me.

except I didn't break up with her, she cheated.

It's hard bro. Thanks

Then stop being so needy. Give people space. Man the fuck up

No fucking shit I realize that now too late. Fuck this world

She broke up, not me...

Ran into a girl that I had a crush on in high school by chance the other day. Never bothered to date her because because I was dating another girl at the time, but I always thought she was a real qt. We talked for awhile and hit it off really well. Turns out she had a crush on me the whole time too but was too afraid to ask me out.

The day after, I took her out to eat, did all kinds of fun activities throughout the day, went back to my place planning on just watching a movie but our mutual attraction eventually led to sex. REALLY good sex.

I'm typically very isolated socially. I can do very well in social situations, not even remotely autistic and I'm probably an 8 out of 10 on the attraction scale, but I just don't like human contact. Even still, this was the first time in probably 7 years that I felt a genuine connection with another human being that I actually enjoyed being around.

I dropped her off about 5 days ago at her place. She lost her phone the day before, so I wrote my number down and give it to her. She doesn't use Facebook, Twitter or any social media so the phone was the only way I had of getting hold of her. She said she was planning on getting a phone the next day and it would be the same number. I have yet to receive a call from her and can't get hold of her.

I discovered a happiness that I didn't know I could have any more, and within less than a week that happiness has already been ripped away from me.

Did you ask her what she meant?

What country do you live in? That sounds like some weird cultural behaviour

>get really close to a group of people over 2-3 years
>grow more uncomfortable as you get to know everybody more
>try hard to forget them and move on
My expectations of people are too high to be met, but at least it feels good to be alone

Ex agoraphobia tier anxiety fag here.
What fixed me was cold showers and a dressing my gut issues(Ibs)
The cold showers most of all.
Its impossible to head down the road to recovery if you can't move.
Look up Wim Hoff. Do it.
The ability to get into something, like ice water, that makes you freak out, then suppress it. That is what builds you up strong enough to beat anxiety.
I've been cured for a year, it still comes back in flashes very rarely, but I'm strong enough to shut it off and move on fast.

Is there any point of me bringing up BPD to a psychiatrist (who I am meeting to hopefully get ADHD meds)? I don't know if there's really anything fruitful that can come from discussing it.

Had my wisdom teeth out on friday. Doctor said to lay off the exercise over the weekend, but good god man, this sucks. I'm drained of all energy, I can't move my jaw, I can't speak. It's like being old without having any of the good stories.
I think this is what depression feels like.

Dont kys guys please

>be me
>still good friends with a girl I dated in high school (I'm 22 now)
>both moved on, have had multiple relationships since, want different things, etc. but on good terms and still friends
>have gf
>gf is NOT ok with me being friends with an ex
>she's been cheated on by someone who wanted to be friends with one of his exes
>tells me it's pathetic that I want to keep people from the past in my life
>do everything I can to reassure her, but to no avail
>argue about this for months off and on
>ex is friends with all of my friends from home
>don't want to go home to see my parents anymore because my friends will find out I'm around and will want to do something and that'll mean either having an argument with gf or being a dick to my friends
>start to hate life
>get bogged down with school, gf becomes the only person I see outside of classes because she's a time hog
>gradually see less and less of my uni friends
>already not seeing any of my old friends
>quit lifting
>hate life more
>gf tells me she loves me
>don't tell her I love her
>fast forward a month
>gf asking why I don't love her back
>it's because she won't let me be friends with an ex, but tell her I don't know so as to avoid another argument
>just lay there and hate life and think about how I got to this point

>he fell for the honors meme
Taking a single class on improving your ability to write a resume, cover letter and pass a job interview is also 1000% more effective than good grades but you probably already figured that part out lol. Proper networking also helps far more than grades.
School is horribly shit at preparing you for anything other than taking standardized tests so try not to feel too bad about it. It's basically designed to waste as much as your time and money as possible while it serves as adult daycare but hey at least you got to read some sweet power point presentations of the books you had to read anyway.

If this is mainly her doing then I’d say push so she knows you want her. Otherwise let her know that you like her and wanna get to know her better but if that’s how she really feels then you respect her decision and stop contacting her. It’s highly situational. If you think you’ve already pushed enough then ease off. If not then I’d say give it a loud and clear shot(if you haven’t already that is)

Make sure you let her know that you’d like to get to know her better but if that’s how she feels then you respect that and proceed to cut contact with her indefinitely. It really depends though. Have you already pushed for dates/sex and made your intentions clear?