Barbell Complexes

what does Veeky Forums think about barbell complexes? It seems like a more fun way to do conditioning.
A typical complex would go like this:
>Deadlift x 6
>Bent over row x 6
>Power clean x 6
>Front squat x 6
>Over head press x 6
>Back squat x 6

all without dropping the bar

It'd be fucking useless because you would have to do it at a tiny weight

sounds like some crossfit hiit meme
*checks ur heart rate*

Lol Crossfit

Try each one for one rep so you progress through the complex. Drop the bar and reset after the back squat.

I used to do a similar one with 90kgs. Except I wouldn’t do the row. I’d dead lift then hang clean instead of power clean

>deadlifting the weight you’re also supposed to OHP

Fucking retarded

fucking stupid, don't mix your conditioning and your strength training

go do hill sprints or something or push a prowler

Good as a warm up with an empty bar.
DLs into rows into cleans into front squats into overhead presses into back squats into good mornings. Or something.

I unironically did this my first year of lifting:
>clean the bar
>do 5 OHP reps
>then on last OHP, but the bar on my back
>do 5 squats
>do this 5 times

then:
>5x5 deadlifts without changing weight

then:
>5x5 on bench press without changing weight

So, I ended up getting my OHP to like 165lbs no joke. Yet, what do you think happened? My deadlift and squat lacked like a motherfucker. Literally couldn't diddly 3pl8 until like end of 2nd year of lifting when i actually started going to the gym. I'm just NOW getting up to a 4pl8 squat and I'm going on my fifth year of lifting now.

My OHP is god-tier though, really close to 2pl8.

So it's pretty much what you'd expect, it's a decent workout, pretty good cardio if you keep it going with a decently light weight (135lb was always my favorite). But you end up EXTREMELY unbalanced if you do it long enough. Take it from me.

I do gslp i was thinking of doing this as a finisher

sounds unpleasant and prone to injury

UH, SUPASET

Yeah, it's not fun flinging the bar up and around your body. But it was all I had when I started as a skelly and was too scared to go to the gym

That's not a good example of a complex, it's a bad order. The deadlifting becomes pretty useless since you need to be able to OHP that weight WHILE FATIGUED later. Better complexes are a good way to do conditioning though

>bro, what if you took the weight from your weakest lift, and used it for all the other lifts?

Personally for the sake of cardio i find dumbell or kettlebell complexes to be better.

This pretty much describes it kek.

I think that's a retarded complex because you're diddlying what you can OHP for a set of 6.
I do Sn+Sn AK+Sn BK pretty often

Wouldn't it be better just doing olympic lifts?

>Heavy lifts dictated by OHP
How retarded is this shit.

Wouldn't do that one specifically, but for conditioning complexes can be really effective and fun

You can just do the dead lift for more reps to match the exertion of the weakest lift you got in that particular complex chain.

I think 3 movements is enough for a complex. A push, a pull and a legs.

This stuff isnt unlike the clean and jerk which is in itself a clean-->frontsquat--->press

sounds gay and pointless as fuck