Back Health General

The back is one of the most important muscles in the body, but despite that, some people seem to put low or no effort in maintaining a healthy back. Feel free to ask questions, post pictures and share your knowledge with less experienced anons.
>how to fix muscle imbalances
mensfitness.com/training/pro-tips/4-ways-correct-muscle-imbalances
>symptoms of a misaligned spine
livestrong.com/article/89264-signs-spine-being-out-alignment/
>exercises to improve poor posture
menshealth.com/fitness/exercises-to-fix-bad-posture

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/exercises/muscle/lower-back
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have rounded shoulders, I heard dumbbell rows can fix me up. Is that correct?

Probably, but REALLY make sure you have your form down correctly.

I put my hand on the top most point ofnthe bench and my knee at the lowest point while pushing my ass out and keeping my head looking between floor and front (45 degree) to keep my back straight as much as possible, any tips?

I also do the doorway stretches from time to time, but I only started this shit a few weeks ago.

I have kyphosis and i noticed it got better after 2 months of exercising but i still don't know what to do on chest day since it needs stretching rather than strengthening

Reminder to buy a pullup bar and do pullups everyday

be very careful user, lifting with postural problems can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. remember to always use perfect form and get your spine checked up every few months.

Work triceps, lats, rhomboids, so face pulls, dips, pulldowns, rowing machine every fucking day till failure at the end of a workout

And do some fucking reverse flyes no matter what even if it's 5lbs pussy weight, this is what helped me the most with forward rollled shoulders if you bave forward head then bend over and do some bodweight neck raises/pulls to activate the muscles for your natural head upright posture that you've atrophied this whole time and then do some slightly bent over shrugs or rack pulls

Pardon me for my ignorance but whats the difference between flys and reverse?
I do regular ones on my upper body days.

From a dead hang as that will stretch your shit

Flies forward are your chest muscles, reverse flies are for your rear delts, pulling in the opposite motion

Damn that was obvious and Im retarded but, arent rows enough for rear delts?

>isn't bench enough for pecs?

Everything is always "enough" but rear delts could always use extra love

Yes, holding your feet up on a bench while lying on the floor and simply hanging on a bar are easy ways to take daily and acute pressure off the spine.

i would avoid using machines as much as possible. free weight exercises require lots of balance, which means you're also trainining you stabilizer muscles.

>links to Men's Health and Live Strong
>doesn't proclaim that increasing your squat and deadlift and therefore making your back stronger, is the best way to make it healthier

It's a good topic but bad start.

Rate back pls
DL 315

Just search what exercises focus supra and infraspinatus muscles. Try not to work your latissimus dorsi too much though. It attaches on humerus in such a way that during contraction it causes medial rotation of arm thus rounded shoulders. Overly developed lats=rounded back. You can see it on rock climbers.

7.5/10 good definition and good balance, but should work a little more on your lower back

Thanks bro. I should start doing hyper-extensions.

>The back is one of the most important muscles in the body

That's like saying the front is one of the most important muscles in the body.

Not him but how to work lower back

This is truth. The only assistance exercises I recommend to people on SS are curls if they just have to have them, and rear delt flyes (and obviously chin-ups as they're phased in).

Heavy Squats & deadlifts.

bodybuilding.com/exercises/muscle/lower-back

Hyper-extensions and good mornings

Thanks lads

Hyper extensions if you have the equipment for them

do some scapula presses, strengthen your RC and rhomboids if they're weak and loosen your pec minors

on the right side of my lower back, I've been suffering from chronic pain due to fucking myself up for 2 weeks when I was learning deadlifts
apparently it's some inside scar that I have which was fine and hurt only from time to time but since I had to stop 6 weeks from lifting and spend most of the time sitting, it got worse.
Do not feel it when I squat or deadlift

what can I do about it? always afraid I might snap my shit

How old are you ?
Im not a fit fag but your back looks very good in my estimation

It seems lol this thread shifted to upper back focus anyways.
It's been beat to death pretty well too
For non hunched shoulders do
>pull ups
>face pulls
>reverse flies
>dips
It's all about getting your scapulae stabilized

One of the weakest muscles in your average soy boy

>learning deadlifts two weeks ago
No you weren't, you learned it maybe when you were two weeks old

mirin rear delts

lower back lacking