>5'11 280 lbs
>start cycling, walking, jogging, as well as weight training
>make sure to create a calorie deficit
>visibly see me losing weight and looking thinner
>step on a scale I'm the same weight

What am I doing wrong here.

Losing fat and gaining muscle.
Congratulations, it won't last.

At this weight my main goal is losing weight. Am I exercising too much? I try to cycle or walk at least a few miles every day, and I live pretty much in the mountains. On my free days I'm pretty much on my bike running errands all day, or bare minimum 4 hours.

Been doing this for about two months by the way.

Bumping

P-please respond.

You've been eating too much fatty. Count your calories, I guarantee you're eating such a ridiculous amount that the exercise you've been doing isn't doing shit for weight loss. And you're going to lie and say you haven't been eating that much. Because fatties always lie.

>visibly see me losing weight and looking thinner

what excactly are complaining about?

>Am I exercising too much?
Is this a real question?

I want to actually lose weight not just gain muscle.

I really haven't though. I'm on a strict diet.

You lost fat, gain muscle, so weight is the same..

>i want to lose weight
why? why is looking thinner not good but losing weight is? seriously, i don't understand your point.
you want to lose weight but still look fat? is this correct? are you doing sport with different weight classes? what do you want to archieve?

do not be discouraged by not losing a lot.
keep at it.
how many calories are you eating per day?

A healthy bmi

No more than 1500

keep it up! many people lose weight more slowly than others it's important not to be discouraged it will come off eventually even if it is very slow.
try drinking some black coffee

BMI is retarded

Bmi is literally useless. Weight is just a number. If you're looking better then you're doing it right. Are you just trying to look like a fucking twink? Be glad you're putting on muscle and losing fat at the same time

Your goal should always be to lose fat not just "weight" Ive been lifting since 2012 and this past year I fucked around and would only hit the gym 1/2 times a week. Started back at it last week and im the same weight but pants are already fitting betterand people are asking if im back in the gym again. Fuck the scale man, worry about your shape.

please don't use BMI, use %bodyfat instead

Alright I guess you guys are right. I'm friends with a personal trainer and this weekend she saw me for the first time in a month. She immediately noticed, so I guess I can't be wrong here. I 'll keep it up.

Your muscles are filling up with water because you are using them. Just take measurements of your body and keep track of them. Your weight will go down.

Well I did notice in the span of 6 hours my water weight increased 8 pounds after having 200 calories of granola and biking a lot that day. So that would make sense.

YOU CAN DO IT !

Oh and drinking a ton of water.

Thanks man.