Home Gym General

About to pull the trigger on this home gym setup for me and my wife. Anything I'm missing? Money isn't really an issue so if there's anything I oughta get, let me know. Want to be able to do every compound lift that I'm currently doing with my cheap equipment, as well as some other "fun" exercises to keep things interesting.

Also, home gym general, share your setups.

I would probably buy her a different bar.

Also that rack is going to have pipe safeties, why are you also buying spotter arms?

>kettlebells
>landmine single
literally why?

get a dumbell set instead and just do any other of the 3 row exercises..

trap/hex bar?

>bench
>+$545
what

Rogue benches other than their basic flat bench are retardedly expensive.

They have a Incline/Decline for 795.

Anyone got an amazon shopping list or links? I want to look into starting my own home gym

what if the wolves move in

Do you need the spotter arms? Don't power cages come with those already? Also I don't see the point of the dead wedge, a small plate serves the same purpose.
I guess I'd consider a weight belt for dips/chinups if you don't have one already.

Mirin that set up
Consider getting a power bar if you like powerlifting the center knurl is nice for back squats and also the no whip helps when going heavy on bench and squat.
Then for deadlift get the deadlift specific bar which will have some whip.
The standard Ohio bar would be fine but since you said money isn't an issue then that's what I'd get.
If you do Olympic lifts these bars wouldn't be great. Look into more Olympic specialized bars, they will have much better spin

Good setup. Rogue has good solid stuff. I have the monster heavy and it’s a good rack. I’d get some ab straps to supplement.

I like the spotter arms for holding bars stationary at my waist before I do rows or shrugs. I'd rather keep the pipes for when I do work on my back or heavier sets where I would want to avoid dropping it on top of me.

Why not? I like kettlebell swings, and I want a little variety. The additional cost is pretty negligible.

Its ridic, but I don't want the flat bench and I'd rather do all Rogue than separated.

I eat them.

My wife will benefit from the slight ramp-up of the dead wedge, plus its only $14. Good call on the weight belt, I was considering a vest.

Shit, good call. I just thought about that yesterday but it totally skipped my mind. I may end up getting a couple different bars once I put some mileage on my first set.

>2 fixed babbyweight kettlebells
>zero (0) dumbbells

Buy dumbbels/adjustable dumbbel. Also, something that is really worth it is cable machines. You will literally have everything a gym has.

Don't forget to buy rubber jigsaw mats (don't accidentally buy expensive foam ones)

I already have a good number of dumbbells up to about 70lbs. I wouldn't mind having 80lb+ for rows but I'd rather invest in the full setup before doing that.

I saw that there were some cable machine attachments from Rogue for about $2500, but I think they're Monster only, not Monster Lite.

I was going to go to Tractor Supply and grab some of their 4x6' mats. They're $40 a pop and I can cover serious space in my garage with that.

I might get an ab wheel instead of the straps. All I've heard is how good this stuff is.

Definitely get an ab wheel. It's really cheap and worth it.

oh nice
carry on then, am jelly

Rogue Chan bar is the GOAT

Okay, added the ab wheel, Rogue B&R Bar 2.0 for no whip + center knurling, and a oil cleaning kit
for the bar, because why not.

For anyone interested, with these edits, the cost is $3,600 total.

>Chan bar is the GOAT

Okay, should I swap out the B&R for the Chan?

>60 dollaroos for an ab wheel
Jesus christ dude, get a walmart one or something.

If money is no issue then carry on, but you can save some serious dosh by waiting a bit and shopping around for alternatives. Rogue is nice and all, but they are really pricey.

I'm just gonna go for it, I'd rather get it all from one place. I felt the same when I saw it, but fuck it.

Would see if there any gyms near you and try them desu

Can't really go wrong with any of them though

Also, they have lifetime warranty on a ton of their gear, and I feel I could probably mention that I'm a serious buyer. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for them to give me a deal on it, if for some reason the wheel fucks up.

B-but I don't want to go to the CrossFit gym, they'll try and sell me on a $150/month membership after I test out the bar.

You're probably right though. I'll go by later today.

You should grab some resistance bands too. They're great for mobility stuff and you can do tricep extensions with them.

60 dollar abwheel :^)

I have this power cage. Its cheap but sturdy enough.

>26 and 53lb meme bells
>ab wheel
bait

Already got those.

Ebin :D

That's a good deal, especially because of the bench.

Cost me just under 1000AUD. Adjustable DB, powercage, BB, 200kg of weights, adjustable bench, dips bars. Only thing new was the cage.

>no step on snek

I've got one in my gym, too.

You can diy a good cheap platform using those horse stall mats and plywood

Bros, I need recommendations for a short-ish, power cage, say something that can fit easily with a 6 ft ceiling

That's the plan, man. I saw a tutorial on a 3-piece platform that allows it to be transported easier for whenever I move out of my current house.

You might be better off just getting a squat rack. Check alibaba though, you might find something.

I used a lays stax can and put that bitch in the corner of the room

a trap bar and some fatgripz? maybe a pair of loading pins

Get the B&R bar from Rogue instead. It was designed for them by Mark Rippetoe himself for general purpose compound lifts.

Fuck, a $550 bench? No matter how much money you have, that just doesn't come off as sound to me. Build that instead if you at all have the ability, it's a pretty simple device.

Nice if you're actually getting this and not just pretending on the internet. I don't have the room or money for the power rack but am thinking of getting the monster light squat stand with spotter arms.

I know Rippetoe better than Chan, so I'll go with the B&R this time. Sounds good.

No ability, no time to build. Would rather buy it and get that lifetime warranty.

I'll make sure to snap a picture and let ya'll see the aftermath.

>horse stall mats
fucking great thinking, user

I have the fitness reality pullup/dip station. It's built like a tank.

My squat dungeon. Ghetto as fuck but it works for me.

>when drywalls nice
>but gainz are more important

I have a weight bench, not sure how to use it to do squats.