/owg/ Olympic weightlifting general

Don’t 404

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

What did you fags do at the gym today

Snatch deadlift + pull + power snatch 10x(1+1+1)@70%
Back squat 3x1@90% + 3x3@80%
+ some good mornings and abs

Block clean and snatch; then see how fucked up my cns is.

God damn. What happened to being able to get 200+ posts before shitting the bed?

Not today but yesterday.

Snatch - (86kg/2)6, 90/2
Hang Snatch - (75/3)3
Clean + Jerk - (108/2+1)6, 110/2+1, (95/1+3)3
Front Squat - (140/3)6, 145/3 (PR, previous best was 143)
Clean Deadlift - 140/5, 150/5, 160/8 (PR)

And bodybuilding.

You can't make that the thread pic without giving a sauce, OP. You just can't.

I agree with the other guy, we're gonna need a source for this

thiccc

Source is Yagi Kanae

>Source is Yagi Kanae
Nice jk you dumb fuck

If I start training now can I get into the 2024 Olympics? I'm 21 rn and live in a country that only gets 1 weightlifter in every year

Sounds like you're not competing with much. If your numbers are even close to the minimum requirements for competing in the USA (look it up) your cunt's weightlifting authority probably won't have a reason to refuse.

Thanks I really just want to participate in something bigger than me once in my life. I'm living in El Salvador atm

Sure buddeh, good luck.
We're all gonna make it

>YK bulking up to a 90kg braphog
I fucking wish

Source on pic. Fuck the no fap

Source plz

deloading this week, highly necessary

How well does strength acquired on a powerlifting program translate to olympic lifting?

no bro, stay strong. its not worth it

today was volume day

5x5 squat @ 375lb (90%)
5x5 ohp @ 140lb (90%)
1x5 diddy @ 435lb
3xF dips

strength is strength m8, provided you have enough self-awareness to maintain good positions for WL then you'll naturally be able to focus more on classics which is a good thing

Hey brahs, what are some good ways of practicing hip/leg contact in the snatch and clean?

>this fat tub of shit is considered an """elite""" """olympic""" """weightlifter""" by the pudgy little manlets with shit lifts ITT

THIS is what you impotent ladyboys fawn over? THIS corpulent fucking slob right here? maaaaaan, you bouncelifting losers are truly the embarrassment of Veeky Forums. no wonder your dog shit threads slide to the archives so fast lmaoooooooooo. no bump. kys, faggots.

Hmmmg

Reminder to not fall for the coaching meme

Why? Story?

I stopped posting the up up QT

as someone who basically said "fuck benching" this past week and decided to try to learn how to do olympic weightlifting...

be prepared to be humbled. they're much more technical (duh) and a lot more quad heavy, so all the nice posterior chain/back strength you've built up from low bar squats and deadlifts doesn't really transfer over 100% to ATG high bar and front squats. plus if you're not naturally flexible and you've been powerlifting the work capacity is going to kick your butt.

i basically spent an hour at the gym warming up and drilling in timing for the second pull on both cleans and snatches after watching training videos on youtube... let's just say i know i'm fucking it away (especially on cleans), but i don't know how to fix myself. i'm currently deployed, but when i get back, after enjoying being not deployed for a week, i'll find a coach so i can actually learn.

but i like challenges so i'm excited to learn.

He's an outlier dumb-ass. Klokov is one of the best looking oly lifters out there and he looks better that 99.9% of the faggots on here. (not his fucking legs that look like he had rickets at a young age)

and clarence

Very well.

Granted, it won't mean a lot if your form for the classic lifts is complete shit. But with a little diligence and practice, it's really not THAT hard to become passable at them.

I'm just memeing ya.

so i'm in the military and i have 12 hour days pretty regularly. i'm exhausted when i finish work. i also need to cardio because i need to pass my PT tests.

i want to do more olympic lifting in my future (as in, when i have things to do outside of work besides lift weights and run because i'm deployed)

anybody have experience running a program in similar situations?

I can't get my elbows through on the clean fast enough. I basically end up catching the bar in my OHP start position (full grip, hanging above shoulders, elbows down). Puts a lot of strain on my wrists.

What do?

You can get the correct rack position right? From a squat rack for example. If not, work on mobility.
Practice the turnover. Just with the bar. First do some standing muscle cleans. Then start with the bar stationary in the high pull position, then quickly turnover into the rack position.
Then you can try starting with the bar in your hands like in the end of a DL. And just accelerate the bar up, finish extension, but dont rebend the knees. Then just quickly turn to rack position.
Then you can basically do a hang power clean and so on. Read the everret book, it has a section on learning the clean

Fuck off moralfag sauce nao
Also nofap is a meme

namae wa?

Fuck salvatruchas! Build the wall now!

klokov is an even bigger outlier you retard
also stop replying to that guy who posts the same copypasted comment in every thread

retard here
my grip width is very wide, i followed every instruction, i guess i just have long legs,
my hands are almost at the end of the bar, if i go any lower the bar punches my pubic bone.
but a wide grip as this is making my grip weak as shit, my wrists are bent a lot.
do i just work on my grip, or stop being retarded?

Grip isnt really a problem in the snatch because the weight is such a small % of your dl.

Fuck, those thighs must be shopped

Yeah I can get a solid rack position from a squat rack.
Cheers, I'll try what you said!

Also I snatch collar to collar too, aka widest grip possible, and my grip starts only slipping when I go for a max snatch DL. And straps help that so..

... I don't live in the US buddy

And you are not going to

How do I steal his look?

how tall are you? Don't use grip width as a crutch for poor upper back tightness

Alsoooo

this
I was in the same position until I started training overhead squats seriously, and I no longer get this issue. I'm even able to adjust my grip more narrowly than I used to before.

You ARE hook gripping, right?

Where can I upload videos without makin an account?

when i split jerk, should my back foot have toes out, in (pigeon toed) or parallel? it feels more secure pigeon toed, but i can also see how it could be a recipe for rolling an ankle.

gfycat?

heels point out on both feet. back foot heel up high, should be just on ball of foot. Never seen anyone roll an ankle in comp or casually

Like videos with audio

seriously need to see the video to know this isn't shopped

for science..

Dear user that gets programming from Travis Mash that I talked to the other day

I sincerely hope you left that ponzi scheme and are with East Coast Gold now

If not pls do

shilling is discouraged in this thread panzer

Travis Mash is a bad coach who has never competed USAW, he doesnt properly know how to coach which you can tell based upon how he gives the same 3 cues to ALL of his athletes, he actively encourages steroids for his athletes, he only has talent because he pays stipends to athletes to lift with him WHICH HE FUNDS BY SELLING GENERIC PROGRAMS TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, he has massive amounts of his athletes either hurt or leaving him cause they dont like him this making him a revolving door for athletes like he did to the former muscledriver athletes after MD broke up 2 of whom I personally know, and he is UNIVERSALLY disrespected by his peers

I will fucking steer people away from him all day long

/owg/,

I'm running this program again. It's Megsquat's 4-week deadlift program. It took me 5 weeks to complete because I took a vacation mid program, and it set me back a bit. Long story short, I added 35lbs to my deadlift. But because my leg strength is lacking, I decided to run it again, this time, using the rep scheme for the deadlift and applying it to the squat. I'm gonna try to run them both in parallel, essentially. It might be a ton of volume, but we'll see how I handle it. I plan to eat and sleep a lot.

My question, to you, is: how should I program the classic lifts along with this?

I think I want to program ONLY the classics, and minimize accessories, as it's only four weeks and there's already a lot of volume.

I was thinking of following the percentages of the Bench on Days 1 and 2, and the Deadlift/Squat percentages on Friday:

D1: Snatch, 6x2 @ 75%, 78%, 81%
D2: Clean and Jerk, 4x2 @ 80%, 80%, 80%
D3: Snatch and Clean and Jerk: 3x2 @ 87%, 92%, 94%

D3 are typically Fridays, and I can spend longer at the gym.

Finally, for what it's worth, my stats:

Male, 5'-9", 86kg
Snatch 1RM: 94kg
Clean and Jerk 1RM: 104kg
Front Squat 1RM: (I've only ever done 93kg... I rarely front squat, so it's the most I've ever tried)

god damn it... forgot the image...

>sn more than you fs
lol your shit's fucked

I should have also noted, these are 5lbs less than my true 1RM (which I just tested last Friday), just to be a bit conservative.

dear god

>deadlift program
>instagram thot
>specific percentages for sub-200 total
>snatch more than front squat

everything about this is a clusterfuck, if you're gonna supertotal just do weightlifting and bench for tricep hypertrophy

>supertotal

I'm actually just approaching this as GPP. I like it because it's simple/straightforward enough and doesn't have a shit ton of accessory stuff.

I'm also a climber (bouldering) so I want something simple enough to allow me to continue to climb hard.

Advice?

How do you guys go about working up to a heavy single? I've never done it before and I'm not sure what weights to do to adequately warm up but also keep myself fresh enough to get the maximum amount of weight for the actual single

The single in question is a squat if that helps

deadlifting is a waste of time for wl and probably for climbing/gpp too IMO, just do pulls

couldn't tell you for a strength lift but for snatch, if I'm working up to, e.g. 95, bar for a few sets, 40 and 50 for a few sets (usually up to around 15 minutes on these weights) then a few singles at 60, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 92-93, 95

hang variations. all of them. above knee, below knee, hip crease

>deadlifting is a waste of time
>just do pulls
>deadlift is a kind of pull

bro do you realize my max deadlift (aka a pull) is 150kg as an 85kg man? you really telling me i shouldn't bother with deadlifts? i mean, come on, man..

yeah, get better at pulls (clean pulls and snatch pulls since you want to be pedantic).
if you train those harder they'll get better. the carryover will be much better than if you deadlift more.

187 cm. But my arms are a bit longer, wingspan of about 194 iirc. If I go any narrower the bar starts hitting my dick

>That elbow
>mfw

>Deadlifting is a waste of time for weightlifting
>Pulling heavy weights off the floor is a waste of time for pulling heavy weights off the floor
>Deadlifting is probably a waste of time for GPP
>He doesn't want to be generally physically prepared to lift things off the floor

The st8 of you, m8. Give me a minute and I'm going to get you a disapproving reaction image

There we are. I can always count on Stone Cold to express how I'm feeling for me.

Any advice? Pls respond

resident gains goblin stopping by
POTYAJ-005

Just spitballing here. Do some full snatches with enough weight to be sort of difficult, but not so much that you can't reliably do them all WELL, on Day 1. Like 6 doubles or something.

Do the same with C&Js on day 2, except not doubles. Maybe 8 singles.

Do some "partials" you think would best benefit you on Day 3. Power snatches and cleans or hang snatches and cleans, something like that.

I'd do the classic, explosive type stuff before slow lifts.

If you feel your form really lacking in some part of the classics, spend some time to practice that with rather light weight (but still enough weight to make you put SOME effort into doing it right) and do a touch less of the fuller effort stuff related to that classic on whatever day you're doing the related classic.

Fair warning, these workouts might get a bit long. But at least you get 4 days off.

>Fair warning, these workouts might get a bit long.
If I was him, Id seperate the strenght and wl into seperate days. So 6 days a week.

Bump

so you land with both lead and back foot internally rotated?

and i tend to land with the ankle that's more prone to rolling back.

Bump

Why no powers or pulls?

It as beginner program. Beginner needs to learn the classics through the full ROM. Also beginners need strenght so DL over pulls. Wlers dont do deadlifts that often because stresses lower back too much or something, but a beginners deadlift isn't that heavy.

>Beginner needs to learn the classics through the full ROM
Yes captain, but beginners don't do the lifts right for many months. They look somewhat like clean and snatch, but pulls are cut short, positions are bad, stability isn't there, third pull doesn't exist and so on.

It can take loooong as fuck to understand the different parts of the lifts if you can only work on them by doing the full lift. Much better results are achieved if you for example do hang stuff from knee so you can really focus on the second pull and getting under, or doing just the pull to really work on finishing it etc.

>Also beginners need strenght so DL over pulls
My coach didn't let me do heavy pulls / deadlifts for months. Light pulls are better, because you don't start to do them wrong so easily. You really DON'T need that much strength, because you can't snatch / C&J shit because your tech sucks.

>tfw there's a wl club in my town, but too scared to join