Normie exercises

>sumo deadlift

I never understand why would someone pull sumo unless they're competing, its literally inferior to conventional in muscle building and strength training. The worst are those retards who posts their """PR"""" on instragram thinking they're hot shit with sumo, this is especially true with Asians, I have not seen one pull conventional in the gym and on social media, only sumo.

Just came back from the gym saw this girl in tights do sumo lift 50kg with straps with bad form. Her boyfriend which looked like ottermode was watching her, but wasn't doing anything. Gotta love how some people just fuck themselves up.

i pull sumo and teach ppl who want to lift sumo

>goblet squat

>sumo deadlift PR

Its like deadlifting on easy mode with cheats.

Pulling sumo is the equivalent to benching decline and bragging about your numbers.

my gym (nw europe) also has the short swole asian 'powerlifters' that only do sumo. technical univeristy though. why is this a thing?

>barbell flyes

Any neck exercises.

Bonus points if you post a video on Instagram and just call it a deadlift

>dips

No soyboys pls

IME if you don't have the hip mobility/structure for it, sumo is not necessarily easier

if you do, however, it's absolutely way fucking easier especially for reps, which is why every record below SHW in the IPF has been set sumo

also, a lot of sumo pullers train conventional during hypertrophy blocks because it's just way more effective for actually getting stronger and bigger due to longer ROM

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

basically a rackpull above the knees

what the even fuck is that

conventional deadlifts
im not even kidding

Anyone who would does heavy conventional deadlifts would know that it hits your neck and forearms really good.

Brodude, they build your pecs like mad. Do em after benching/pressing heavy so they don't get in the way of anything. Sometimes arms straight out, sometimes a little lower, hit all the angles, bring up the weight gradually, and you'll end up with chesticles of the gods.
>an aesthetic upper body requires shrugs, shoulder raises, flyes, curls, and some direct tricep exercise
That's the redpill, we all must leave SS behind and do a split someday

>barbell
Kek, didn't even notice this

is it proper form to look up on the way up?

NO, keep your gaze on the ground about 10ft in front of you the whole lift. Helps keep the back str8

what a beautiful woman

>tfw 2 different people told me I should sumo because I'm tall or have long legs.

I don't know what to feel.

Not the file I thought it was but it works I suppose.

who's this uwu

In competition, ok maybe, if you're into that. For general training you wanna go conventional.

(I have terrible anthropometry for deads too and hardly diddly more than I bench. But it's da troof.)

I'm gonna try conventional next time, I hate to think I'm cheating myself and wasting time. Thanks for the input user.

As you already said, most of the Asian guys are short. Short guys excel at Sumo since they have shorter legs. Additionally, Asians as a whole have shorter legs/hands than we do (central european masterrace) which makes them even better at it.

Also, they are asians and they are short. This means they basically suck at any real sport where athleticism is demanded. So they pull big weights sumo for their ego.

- Answer to this:

>also, a lot of sumo pullers train conventional during hypertrophy blocks because it's just way more effective for actually getting stronger and bigger due to longer ROM
This is what I'm saying, unless you're competing there is no reason to pull sumo, I fucking can't stand these subhumans and their lmao5pl8 1-inch ROM on instragram thinking they achieved a lot, not to mention their brain dead followers thinking they're strong

>dumbell curls
>Lat Pull-down machine behind the head
>OHP behind the head
>Pullups with 1/2 ROM, extra wide grip

Short hands don't help with deadlifts, it's actually the opposite, you racist retard. Look at that orangutan looking guy with the pr diddly

Ohp behind the head is an accessory that is extremely useful for Olympic weightlifting

Otherwise I agree

>squatting in a smith machine

I totally understand that, but 90% of the time I see people do it, I promise you they aren't aspiring Oly lifters. Most are either brand new to lifting, or those frat types that get all their routine knowledge from men's health magazine

I actually use sumo when I up the weight. Do sumo till I'm more used to it then back to conventional. It can be useful for breaking plateaus