/fat/ - Don't fall for memes edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tSTk1083VY
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2493591/)
webmd.com/hepatitis/fatty-liver-disease
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16424064/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27385608/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lose weight fatties

/fat/boi here,

I started dieting and going to the gym in November. I started of really well and was losing weight, however recently I have noticed nothing is changing. I have been eating 1200-1700kcal under my maintenance weight but still no change.

I was told this is because of Carbs, and my carb intake is way too high (I enjoy beers and alot of pastas, but still eat in a caloric deficit) so could this be true? Should I try lowering my carb intake?

ME WANNA BE SKINNY MOMMY

try lowering that ass on this DICK

>talking to mom about my weight loss
>still need to lose another 40lbs to be in the upper range of normal
>>dont lose too much honey, you're going to be all skin and bones
>youve never seen me at a normal weight mom, I think I'll look fine
>>yes i have...
Then she got all quiet and I switched topics. I think I fucked up.

Most of the initial loss was water weight. You need to readjust your calorie intake every 10 or so pounds. Also, make sure you are counting correctly. You might get sloppy as the weight comes off. Lastly, eat at maintenance once a week so your metabolism doesn't get fucked over from eating too little. Doing this for a week or so will reset your metabolism

alcohol severely hinders fat oxidation and ruins test levels
stop drinking, keep exercising

youtube.com/watch?v=5tSTk1083VY

Confess, my children

Been eating at minimum 3k calories per day this past weekend.

>For the past two months i've eaten at 1.5-2k calories a day and was losing weight
>Now I feel like shit and probably just messed up my streak of eating better

Well boys looks like i'm not eating dinner tonight and going back harder tomorrow.

Fasting for a whole day, good way to mitigate a binge or not? Is it healthy?

So aslong as I re adjust my calorie intake every so often and make sure I'm still in a deficit carbs won't really matter?

What's the better way to offset a plateau?

Fasting or eating at maintenance?

Stop being fat

Probably ate past my tdee yesterday

Yes. Maintenance once a week too

/fast/ing isn't a meme though
it's proven to be more effective at weight loss than an extreme calorie deficit
it just requires a lot of willpower
something fatties don't have
supposedly it's also the only way to combat lose skin

Maintenance for a week worked for me. Also not as miserable as fasting

sauce for IF being more effective than calorie deficit
desu not eating for a day is bretty easy for me even though regular cutting is hard as fuck

tfw ran out of broccoli so all i have is kale and spinach, which dont have a lot of calories

just ate a large 4 topping pizza alone
it's the only food I'll have today, so surely it's not too bad
Everything is closed for family, so I couldn't have gotten any other food elsewhere

>one meme is better than another meme
SCREAMING

fasting entirely is much easier on morale, and works much better, and does so while barely altering strentgh

Any info on the skin thing? Also is it effective for people who are at a normal weight but have loose skin from an older weight loss?

3k+ calories user.

It's not gonna kill you though.

Can you really fast while working a job where you're on your feet all day and walking/thinking? It can't be good for people who are obese to be on dat no food time and working all day long.

More carbs means more water retention. That's not necessarily a bad thing. You want to lose fat, not numbers on a scale.

Don't worry about water retention unless you have a legitimate medical issue (like James K) or are getting ready for a show.

the toppings were sausage, mushrooms, jalapenos, and banana peppers
pls I was doing so well

If you start the fast on Friday or Saturday, by Monday your blood sugar will have stabilized and your brain will be at 100% capacity.

what memes?

is fasting not a good way to lose weight??????

making chicken dinner right now. then fish when i get home. r8 pls

>completely depleting muscular glycogen
>barely altering strength

How do you even get fat lmao

like this

Bait image
Fasting is fine

I suffered depression at a young age and used food as a comfort thing. This paired with me doing basically nothing all day everyday made me a fat ass. Now I combat my depression with regular exercise and it is much better.

Ok Landwhales , I hate myself and want to do an agressive fat loss, so drop your tips and shitposting for I may try it.

Me IRL

1000kcal below TDEE
eat a lot of protein (chicken/fish especially) and vegetables
start lifting so you can get your noob gains, which increases your TDEE also

it's as simple as that

>bought dumbbell set yesterday
>so happy that I spent hours doing exercises while watching anime
>arms are noodles today

Worth it though.

>find out I'm prediabetic
>look disgusting
>only clothing store I can buy from has the worst employees
>been getting my shit together
>want to leave shitty liberal arts college
>parents told me that a community college is "below me"
>feel "that" vigor now
Fuck being 300+lbs. Fuck all of it.

I over ate on Saturday and didn't hit my macros on Sunday father.

>severely hinders fat oxidation
>ruins test levels
Broscience: the post.

I can guarantee this poster:
-Does not know what ethanol content of blood serum is required to induce agonistic effects to lipid metabolism, or which mechanisms of lipid metabolism are affected and how (hint: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2493591/)
-Assumes androgens are all testosterone and are therefore good, wheras anything resembling estrogen is bad.

The thing he's vaguely alluding to is fatty liver disease. webmd.com/hepatitis/fatty-liver-disease
If you're obese and drink heavily, you may already have a fatty liver. CONSULT A DOCTOR about what's ideal in terms of alcohol consumption. I lost 75lbs in 6 months doing keto, and ended most days with a shot of single malt and dark chocolate that I'd sip from for hours. BUT IM JUST SOME GUY ON THE INTERNET, CHECK WITH A DOCTOR.

As for this broscience around estrogen and soy you have to realize that isoflavones can reduce the effect of naturally occurring estrogen in your body. The effects arent as simple as eat-soy-get-fat or vice-a-versa.

"Isoflavones bind estrogen receptors (ER) and may variably act as either estrogen agonists or antagonists depending on the estrogen environment."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16424064/

check the /fast/ general that gets posted, the links in the first post contain info about complete fasting being more effective than extreme calorie deficits
look into autophagy, your body breaks down broken/useless proteins and rebuilds them into stuff it needs
also mentioned in /fast/ general
yes, /fast/ing is just not eating, I would never recommend not drinking water
1 pound of fat is 3,500 calories of energy
when you stop feeding yourself outside sources of energy your body begins to tap into its reserves
the first 3 days are the hardest
if you plan on doing anything longer than a week you should look into taking vitamins
also in the /fast/ general is the anecdote of the guy who ate nothing, only drank water and took vitamins for over a year to lose his weight

It's not about how you did yesterday, it's about how you do today.

You are on your way to making it. Let the anger be your power.

Glycogen is for aerobic endurance, not burst strength.

>> 44837624
Oh fuck you're right. It says cooked in MFP. So the calories in the package are for uncooked rice? This is so confusing

Do you specifically follow failures on mfp to make yourself feel better?

I had a "refeed" day on Sunday. I ate about 5000 calories, and now feel sluggish and tired.

How the fuck do I get a strict eating plan ?

I've been going to the gym and I only see some difference in my arms

Keto is good if you cant stop stuffing your face. No more than 20g net carbs (total - fiber). To be honest if you get that part right you'll struggle to eat at maintenance.

According to a decently rigorous study (compared to most I see for keto) at isocaloric levels, the keto effect is ~100kcal lost per day (which is within the range of error). That said, you'll have to work to stay isocaloric on keto.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27385608/

>lunch right after fuckhueg morning brunch
>entering Prozac

Fucked kek'd

This guy was 300lbs and depressed, did nothing with his life but sit at home and feel sorry for himself, until he decided to just start walking around the block, which transitioned into running just a mile, and two miles soon thereafter. He lost a crazy amount of weight, joined the navy seals and turned into one of the sickest endurance athletes in the world, including a world record for climbing the height of Mt. Everest on a ladder in a gym and doing 4030 pull-ups in a day.

Start walking boys

I only noticed it recently when she started blogging her failures and it showed up on that app. Most other people are doing alright.

I was a faggot, went on vacation with family and gave up on my fucking diet one day in. Missed the gym for a week too. I feel like killing myself.

check out EatThisMuch. Plans groceries and meals (with recipes) for weeks that match your specific calorie and macro numbers.

shed that gay shit in your life like you shed pounds

>ate 40k calories today

I'm not gonna make it, am I?

literally how?

Jesus fuck no. That's at least 3 weeks worth of calories.

How do I adjust my calorie limit on MFP? I've lost weight and probably need to lower it.

Well I've lost like 30lbs in the past few months and I went to my grandma's today and she freaked out about it and guilted me every time I tried to refuse a dessert or something she made all day. Put it all in myfitnesspal and it turned out to be over 40k calories

I'm considering just trying to induce vomiting but I fear it may be too late

Alright mister knowitall, here you go.
Barnes MJ. Alcohol: Impact on sports performance and recovery in male athletes. July 2014;44(7):909-919. pubmed/24748461

Heikkonen, et al. The combined effect of alcohol and physical exercise on serum testosterone, leutininzing hormone and cortisol in males. Alcoholism, Clinical and Experimental Research. June 1996;20(4):711-716. pubmed/8800389

Bianco, et al. Alcohol consumption and hormonal alterations related to muscle hypertrophy: a review. Nutrition & Metabolism. June 2014;11:26. pubmed/24932207

But hey, I'm mr broscience the post.
Yes, alcohol does fuck up your test levels.
No, it wont be drastic with just a shot, but the poster above wrote he drinks a lot of beer, which means his ethanol levels are probably much higher than yours.

First day of attempting keto. Struggling to really eat 1000> cal for a single meal though with everything being so filling. Somehow managed to eat 2g more of protein than fat according to MFP. Everything has so much of the stuff in it

An old friend came to town on Friday and I ended up blowing my calorie goals for this weekend after almost 5 weeks of discipline. I fasted yesterday to balance the numbers out, though. Now we're back on the horse.

Look on the bright side, you're ready to enter hibernation for the rest of winter.

>tfw you plateau and it feels like you've wasted a week

>tfw gone from 87.5 kg to 80.2 in the last three and a half weeks
We're all gonna make it, lads. Just put the fork down.

Just think of how much time you wasted before that week and it really doesn't seem like much.

I fucking hate seeing this shit.

All you need to do is NOT eat garbage! Fucking, even if you're going to overeat like a motherfucker, why the fuck are you downing so much soda and potato chips? Just stop shopping in the garbage aisle of the grocery store! Hungry? Make a lunchmeat sandwich, make 20 of them you fat bitch. But why guzzle the sugar water? If you're hungry, why a whole sugary bag of cookies instead of a plate of spaghetti, spaghetti isn't GOOD but at least it's FOOD and not straight up GARBAGE? If you're thirsty, why sugar water? Just drink normal fucking water!

I don't understand.

Fit is the dumbest fucking board, if you take any advice from these dipshits you deserve to be an unfit fat fuck

I don't understand, what did she gave you?

>142kg to 132kg since February 2nd
>started lifting weights, starting with a 35kg barbell and 20kg dumbbells
>slowly working my way up to 50kg and 35kg
Keto works.

Whats the most interesting body transformation you've had since losing weight?

I never knew collar bones were supposed to stick out like this. Yes i have robin williams level of body hair.

Thank you guys.

>tfw underweight
>still have a gut
>can't get abs to save my life

What are you losing weight for?

I want to surpass my prior self, and have an easier time in social situations.

And to bang Japanese chicks. Definitely also that.

It turns out I have a very pronounced adonis belt. I can easily see it even though I'm still like 18% bf. I've never been this thin before, so I never knew

LIFT

I was originally doing it for girls, then I did it because it felt good, now I do it because I can't go back. I CANT GO BACK

I don't see a problem with only being able to go forward.

I'm really struggling to comprehend this too. Surely he means 4k and his phone corrected to 40k because he has a cool hobby.

You'd have to eat like 10 bags of sugar or about 50 bars of straight butter.

>eat like shit
>not fat
how do you do it?

>eat very little shit

I eat til I can't any more to feel full so at least I feel something. That needs to be replaced with feeling pain from the gym.

iktf
at least .4lbs is like half a pound but still i had a terrible week. every time ice cream and candies catch my eye i have to turn away, not this week sweets, not this week.
at least putting on muscle and continuing to lose weight is working out. i should be around 213.? come next monday.

To become much better at a martial art I've been told I have a natural talent for. If I got properly fit and had better cardio and aenarobic endurance I would be able to enter tournaments with better chances of winning. That goal has really been the key to motivating me after a few failed attempts.

i mean 212.?

High carb intake is fine for weightloss, don't fall for the meme. Just try to cut out alcohol for broscience reasons and because you don't need that shit, fatty. Try to increase calories so that you're only 700-1000 calories under maintanence and just increase your workout volume.
I was never /fat/ but I noticed that if my weight ever plateaus on a cut, raising my cals and increasing my workload pushes through any plateau. I've heard other people on Veeky Forums say the same thing too

So I can reject women in the future for arbitrary reasons.

height? what is your total calorie burn and what is your daily calorie goal?

I'm fucking miserable lads. On a 700 cal deficit. I've lost 40lbs, lifts keep going up. But all I can think about right now is food. Its a hunger I haven't experienced before. I can't focus on work, studies etc. I keep guilting myself that anything shitty I eat will be regressive towards my goal. I hope I can survive. All I want to do is go to Fatburger and get a double XL with a hotdog, fat fries, and soda

i'm 5'6 and don't have a set goal for calories burned but i'm currently eating 1400~ cal on rest days, 1500~ on arm and cardio days and only do cardio for about 15 mins 3 times a week.

I want to get rid of my love handles but I eat nothing but fatty foods. My diet is awful, I'm 185cm and 75kg but I have almost no muscle mass so I look like shit. You can see my ribs but my love handles are as wide if not wider than my chest.

I know how you feel. Try getting more protein in your diet.