Who else quitt caffeine?

it truly was a meme all these years. if you feel like shit and need to take a preworkour or caffeine you simply not recovered from your last workout yet and did too much workload for your desired frequency

since i got my routine together and fully quit caffeine i feel goat. i feel more euphoric hitting the gym and the weights feel smoother with my cns not overworked.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20100603/boost-from-coffee-is-just-an-illusion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I quit coffee, not caffeine. I just realised I hate the taste of it at one point and stopped. Then like a month later understood that it would improve my energy at the gym since I go to the gym in the morning, like 15min after I wake up.

Now my solution is caffene pills - I take one 200mg pill just before morning workouts, half of that on rest days. There's still dependency to it, so taking low amount on rest days just helps me against the tiredness and headaches thay might come if I don't take it

>Then like a month later understood that it would improve my energy at the gym since I go to the gym in the morning, like 15min after I wake up.

wrong. ur brain didnt rewire yet and u fell for the meme again. you dont need it.

"Withdrawal occurs at dosages as low as 100 mg/day. That’s just one typical cup of coffee. One study (Field et al., 2003) even found that abstaining from just 41 mg/day for 30 hours decreased blood flow to some parts of the brain by 19-32%. The most common withdrawal symptoms are headache, fatigue, decreased energy/activeness, decreased alertness, drowsiness, decreased contentedness, depressed mood, difficulty concentrating, irritability, and foggy/not clearheaded-ness. Withdrawal is much, much more common than most people think. Many people just assume legal drugs are perfectly safe and only associate withdrawal with illegal drugs, even though there is practically no relation between the toxicity and addictiveness of drugs and their legal status, but caffeine withdrawal is extremely common. In fact, many studies overestimated the positive effects of caffeine, because they didn’t exclude habitual caffeine consumers. This causes participants to be in withdrawal during the study and the so called positive effects of caffeine are then merely withdrawal reversal. If your training sessions are notably poorer without stimulants, you may very well be in withdrawal. Withdrawal also causes muscle stiffness and weakness."

Yeah I understand that, I'm just not missing an extra month at the gym just so I can get back into my normal morning routine

What the fuck is a month worth of gains compared to your mental and physical health for the rest of your life

About a year ago my diet consisted of Instant Coffee and Cigarettes.

Then it stopped, and further down the track i've given up both. Can't believe how long i actually could live off that shit

Mentally and physically I am fine. I can deal with the dependency and caffeine pills are cheap. I am just delaying the moment I stop using it until there's more of a reason for me to stop going to the gym for a while

get a pill cutter and do 20mg less every couple days. slowly wean yourself and you wont notice shit.

u will feel much better user.

I quit caffeine and felt completely normal within 3 days

This. Quit both on a 2 week water fast and still feel ashamed I put so much poison in my system all those years. Clean of nic and caff for 3.5 years and counting.

I want to quit, but I can’t read without it. But truth must be told, you don’t need more than 160mg a day.

Quit caffeine for Lent and was fine for 3 days no problem at all minus getting tired around 11pm instead of 1am. These last few I can't even think of what to do in the day because nothing would make me fulfilled or happy. No distractions or progress works. Pretty sure this is what faggots call depression so I'm hitting the gym and doing chores but it's tough to stick to routine. Fugg caffeine.

And on the flipside i bet you use protein shakes still. Still buying into that marketing scam with either the pre or post workout varieties makes you a moron, no matter how much you preach.

why would i buy overpriced milk powder?

only reason would be casein for baking shit and better the macros which i do when cutting but not because i believe it makes a difference in performance or anything.

Sooo is tea good for you or bad I drink a lot and I know it has caffine

you see i see people shitting on people for being dependent on trt and adderall (i am atleast) and then there are guys like you that say its ok to be dependent on legal drugs

I quit caffeine in December of 2016. Haven't cracked once and I feel great.

Drink a liter of coffee a day, never felt better

maybe

I drink a cup pf coffee every morning and love it, one of the best moments of my day, it is really that bad? Been doing that for 20 years, i limited it only to one per day, it feels great, why is bad? Should i stop?, im 35 yo 10% bf very fit

nope, i get l-theanine and red ginseng from my green tea which has RIP'd my anxiety completely.

I did but its because my work is out of coffeebeans and fuck filtered coffeepowder

Quitting for Ike the 3rd time. Caffeine fucks my sleep, fucks my anxiety, fucks eating because I'd rather get a coffee than eat something. Fucks my teeth via acidity and sugar. And I feel like it wrecks my attention span in the sense I can't properly goal set and stay focused longer than a few days and I'm just in panic mode from one day to the next

im the exact same. I love it so much tho, tastes so great and a caffeine buzz is perfect. My goal would be to only have it on special occasions.

I gave up caffeine for lent too user. It's awful. Stay strong and reject your false god.

I can't quit
Coffee and tea are the only things i drink beside water

I'm 19, never drank coffee before. I drink green tea though

3 weeks caffeine free. My blood pressure is down, anxiety is down, strength is up, muscles look more full, and now I feel rested with 6 hours of sleep whereas I used to need 10 to feel rested.

congratulations on losing all your gains.

I'm suckin down my first big mug of two today.

I know the coffee is not great for me, but I'm hooked. Without it motiv8ion is shit and I lift and wrestle like a bitch.

Might wean down. Might not.

>one of the best moments of my day
I think you already know the answer.

>Without it motiv8ion is shit and I lift and wrestle like a bitch.
It's called withdrawal, it's not your permanent state.

I continue to have a green tea in the morning because the caffeine might encourage autophagy and the anti-oxidants.

i never drank coffee in my entire life

Coffee is spoken like some redpill cod liver oil enema!
Firstly its fucking delicious and ill never stop. Even if it doubled my estrogen and gives me prostate cancer the one true elixir will never be far from my hand

>one per day
I'm inclined to think that, in small doses, coffee is a free lunch and you're better off with it.

BUT that could be the drug talking. At your low dosage you could wean off with minimal side effects, might as well experiment

>drank strong coffee every day since I was 16 (now 28)
>got no benefit or rush from it, needed it to bring me up to normal in the morning and afternoon
>one day went on a family trip and didn't get to have my coffee
>had a MASSIVE head ache, extremely angry, felt sluggish and nauseous all day
>being this dependent scares me and I decide to quit
>some vacation time rolls around, quit caffeine during this time
>basically feel like I have the flu for 3-4 days... head ache, fever, angry, nauseous, aches, ect.
>start to feel normal after about a week
>dreaded first day of work comes, have to wake up at 5am with no coffee
>actually feel pretty good, feel fine through the whole day

now that i'm no longer addicted...
>actually feel energetic in the morning
>no "afternoon slump", feel good all day
>sleep very well (always struggled with "insomnia")
>no piss emergency 45 min after drinking the coffee
>acne cleared up
>can use caffeine when I actually have to, like having to go to work with no sleep

life is better without the bean jew

I only drink coffee on lift days, good balance with getting the benefits without major addiction

Same boi, I never understood the appeal of Coffee.

I was drinking at least a sip a day.
Getting constant headaches.
Stopped sippin
Headaches stopped

Lifting is one of my favorite parts of the day. Should I stop because I enjoy it too much?

>tried to quit
>felt like I disassociated with myself for a week
>going through the motions but felt like I was watching someone else do it
>drink a green tea forgetting that it has caffeine in it
>immediately felt better

It takes a while to fully get the caffeine and the repercussions out of yours system.

How long though? I can't imagine being like that for more than a week.

>post. your. body. you. faggot
You sound like this guy at my gym. Ancient, corpse is rotting around him, about 110lbs soaking wet, yet has the balls to interrupt my 165lb OHP to tell me I should try a wide-grip.
I smiled and said thank you and you know what? A steady stream of goddamn nonsense ever since. Top of the list?
>do you take preworkout user?
>yes, it's 5 in the gd morning
>ah, no man, don't take that stuff, caffeine is super bad for you. You should go all natural. Like me, I'm v*gan.
He says, while looking like the result if Emperor Palpatine had lived a thousand years.

>TLDR; Your pathetic body discredits your shit opinion

meant to reply to

coffee is pretty good, I limit it to 14-15pm though so it doesn't affect my REM sleep.

Thinking of trying guarana, friends that took too much once, by accident, and spent 48h partying

People report anywhere from 30 to 100 days

MILKY

>hey you should do steroids look at my body, it looks great!

Emperor palpatine did live a thousand years tho.

Also, hope your withdrawl fucks you like a blue balled horse.

U idiots its literally only good for u proven in every study ,list one saying its bad ? U can't .

what you drink then? tea is similar I think..

>needing pre-workout right after waking up
Do you not see the problem here?

fuck me

>U idiots its literally only good for u proven in every study ,list one saying its bad ? U can't .

Never started, fuck that stupid shit.

Its not the caffeine thats bad, its the addiction itself. If you get to used to using it you'll feel like shit when you don't drink it. On top of that, continuous use of it will build up a tolerance that makes you need to drink/take more and more to feel the effects, which only worsens how you feel when you aren't drinking it.

Theres also tons of studies showing that weed isn't bad for you, but you'd have to be retarded to think that it doesn't fuck you up over time.

Steroids are legit and you should use them

What the fuck is with the anti-coffee shilling here lately?

The most evidence I've seen in these types of threads as to why one should not drink coffee is this stupid graphic from fucking Vox (lmao).

What if the favorite part of his day way frying up a few eggs and then having them with a piece of toast? Should he quit that? Favorite part is lifting? Quit it. Favortie part is going for a jog?Quit it. Favorite part is getting home and having a big post workout meal? Quit it.

This line of reasoning has no legs to stand on if you can't even give any evidence that what they are doing is bad for them. Why would you quit something neutral or good for you? Just for quitting's sake.

Lay off the caffeine.

>What the fuck is with the anti-coffee shilling here lately?

coffee is pro-testosterone, same as meat, eggs, cholesterol, saturated fats, etc.. and curiously, all of them are constantly bashed on Veeky Forums

You can't be this stupid. Be an adult. Make a pros and cons list and realize that if you are a serious natty lifter...
>over 12 hrs in the gym a week with few exceptions
...natty lifting with zero intention of ever using steroids is a literal waste of life. You may not understand that if you don't lift. And yes, I do know that I'm on Veeky Forums

Coffee might be, but caffeine addiction, which pretty much everyone here has, is not.

There will be no withdrawal champ.
When I'm dead and buried the only ones concerned with those weakass PMS symptoms will be the worms.

because the stimulatory effects of caffeine is nothing more than an illusion you brainlet. there is no real benefit to be gained from the habitual morning cup of coffee. its just you fighting withdrawals. why doesnt he take decaff if its cuz of muh taste? really makes you think

The Misconception:Coffee stimulates you.

The Truth:You become addicted to caffeine quickly, and soon you are drinking coffee to cure withdrawal more than for stimulation.

>that pleb-tier assumption
You don't know when I wake up asshole. It could be 3am because I'm fucking dedicated to squeezing all the shit I care about into the day.
It could be at 4, because your gf likes me to keep my eyes closed when she's blowing me so it "doesn't feel like" cheating.

Ah, but I did it to eh? Assuming you could have / keep a gf. Nvm user, you are forgiven.

Caffeine is one of the key elements inside fat burners pills.

look at this retarded brainlet addicted to stimulants lmao.

If you ingest caffeine regularly you will get addicted, period. This actually isn't inherently bad. What most people that get problems get problems from is doing it wrong. Doing it wrong includes:
>taking it in pill form and missing out on non-caffeine benefits from coffee
>getting far too large a daily dose, most likely from taking pills
>using it as pre-workout instead of normally through the day
>taking it too close to going to sleep

Totally wrong if you're doing it right. If you haven't desentizised yourself with huge doses caffeine while mildly addicted should bring you above no caffeine while not addicted.

i am a spider

I would absolutely love to stop caffeine and try to not have an addiction. So then I can reap the benefits in case i need to get a boost
>work night crew, i also take 5000 iu of vitamin d and multi. I wold love to cycle off of it. i just love coffee so much.
>inb4 decaf coffee
I WILL NOT DRINK THAT SNAKE OIL SHIT

You probably weren't dependent on it then

Alright Veeky Forums. I've been thinking of quitting caffeine pills for a while since I can recognize my addiction and don't really feel well whenever I forget to take one of those so I'll stop taking them for 2 weeks at least. Thanks for this.

Bottom spider might have made a mess but at least he’s not naive

I quit eating cigarettes too and it was the best decision of my life.

I semi-regularly drink decaf in the evening. I unironically enjoy the taste. Of course, everybody likes the buzz they feel from coffee as well, and unless you can prove that caffeine (in the dose found in a few cups) is harmful in and of itself then you can fuck off.

>because the stimulatory effects of caffeine is nothing more than an illusion you brainlet

That is just a straight up lie and completely against everything we know about caffeine. A claim like this demands evidence and I'm 99.99% sure that you have none and are talking out of your ass.

>its just you fighting withdrawals
The only withdrawl I've ever had is feeling slightly tired if I've been drinking a huge amount of coffee (6+ cups) for several days straight. I've literally never had withdrawls or felt bad if I don't have coffee on any given day if I keep my consumption generally below 3 cups.

You don't have any evidence, and it seems you don't even have anecdotal evidence because it sounds like you've never really had coffee.

Certain alkaloids that other animals can eat are completely toxic to humans and vice versa.

Can you tell me if caffeine is metabolized in the exact same way in spiders as it is in humans (as if you could even name a single caffeine metabolite off hand) ? Can you tell me why the working of a tiny spider brain on caffeine has any bearing on how a human brain functions? What was the dose equivalence they gave the spiders?

>this is your brain not on caffeine

Withdrawal occurs at dosages as low as 100 mg/day. That’s just one typical cup of coffee. One study (Field et al., 2003) even found that abstaining from just 41 mg/day for 30 hours decreased blood flow to some parts of the brain by 19-32%. The most common withdrawal symptoms are headache, fatigue, decreased energy/activeness, decreased alertness, drowsiness, decreased contentedness, depressed mood, difficulty concentrating, irritability, and foggy/not clearheaded-ness. Withdrawal is much, much more common than most people think. Many people just assume legal drugs are perfectly safe and only associate withdrawal with illegal drugs, even though there is practically no relation between the toxicity and addictiveness of drugs and their legal status, but caffeine withdrawal is extremely common. In fact, many studies overestimated the positive effects of caffeine, because they didn’t exclude habitual caffeine consumers. This causes participants to be in withdrawal during the study and the so called positive effects of caffeine are then merely withdrawal reversal. If your training sessions are notably poorer without stimulants, you may very well be in withdrawal. Withdrawal also causes muscle stiffness and weakness. (Juliano & Griffiths, 2004).

Caffeine is an adenosine antagonist. This means it prevents adenosine from doing its job.

Your brain is filled with keys which fit specific keyholes. Adenosine is one of those keys, but caffeine can fit in the same keyhole.

When caffeine gets in there, it keeps adenosine from getting in.

Adenosine does a lot of stuff all throughout your body, but the most noticeable job it has is to suppress your nervous system. With caffeine stuck in the keyhole, adenosine can’t calm you down. It can’t make you drowsy. It can’t get you to shut up.

That crazy wired feeling you get when you drink a lot of coffee is what it feels like when your brain can’t turn itself off.

To compensate, your brain creates a ton of new receptor sites. The plan is to have more keyholes than false keys.

The result is you become very sensitive to adenosine, and without coffee you get overwhelmed by its effects.

After eight hours of sleep, you wake up with a head swimming with adenosine. You feel like shit until you get that black gold in you to clean out those receptor sites.

That perk you feel isn’t adding anything substantial to you – it’s bringing you back to just above zero.

lol@brainlets still taking caffeine in 2018

webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20100603/boost-from-coffee-is-just-an-illusion

>That is just a straight up lie
what is science you fucking faggot. we are talking about habitual use and yes it is just an illusion if you take caffeine daily. you take it to get back to your normal levels but get a bonus of side effects with it like decreased deep sleep quality.

>muscles look more full
you werent drinking enough water with your caffeine retard

Fuck, I just bought a Nespresso

kinda in the same weed is just an illusion, or should I say the gate to insanity.

fucking this. fuck caffeine, that shit is cancer.

honestly, coffee was making me dead inside. after 2 weeks without any form of caffeine (chocolate, coke, coffee, etc) my anhedonia was suddenly gone. fuck cofee.

i eat shitloads of meat, eggs, dead animals high in cholesterol and saturated fats every day. fuck coffee.

damn, what you drink instead of coffee??

this.

Water.

in the morning for breakfast? really?

>addicted

pussy

you also had anhedonia? i thought i was the only one. i think it was the chronic shitty sleep that was responsible for that.

water
orange juice
almond milk
coconut water
pomegranate juice

i dont drink anything besides water and/or booze. nothing is tasty enough to justify empty calories besides good bear or good irish/scottish (and rarely bourbon) whisky.

I will try for a week to do not drink coffee