/sig/ selfe-improvement general

couldn't find the old one.
general for talking about self-improvement in all aspects of life.

have you taken the harmonica pill?
an affordable & portable instrument with a sound like no other.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tSTk1083VY&feature=youtu.be
archive.is/7vjtu
youtu.be/kJjfle7CEwI
discord.gg/WfgghsW
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>harmonica
>he hasnt taken the kalmiba pill yet
never gonna make it

Any actual experience with the Wim Hof method?

Yoga is incredibly, insanely, unbelievably good for you! Skeptical or contentious? Then find out for yourself!

OP, i've been doing it a little bit. i've always had a furnace body but now i legit only need a thin hoodie in 20 F.
the trick is to breathe in through only your nose and hold your breath in with the diaphragm, and not your tongue.
otherwise you'll get a sore throat before your breath is out.
you're supposed to do it 3 times a day but i usually only do it like once a day just because i'm shit at remembering to do it.

Using electronics, mainly my phone, less has had a great impact. I make sure to now put my phone away when i'm around people - no texting and screening any incoming calls for importance. I'd say it's really helped me connect more with people. I don't think i'll ever change this rule moving forward.

i've only ever seen pics of a kalmiba, never knew it's name.
maybe i'll check it out, it looks easier to learn than a harmonica.
you have to do all sorts of weird pseudo-talking when using a harmonica,
and that's on top of using your hands to control the air.

>got braces
>starting Wim Hof method
>been Mewing and chewing recently
>applying minoxidil on spotty beard
>prepared a Testosterone-raising routine, will inject if I don't see results
>doing a few other memes like cold showers and facial exercises

What about you guys? What's the biggest amount of retarded shit you started at once because you were having one of those "if I don't sense some self-improvement in a few months I'll probably kill myself" moods

First time I did I had this amazing almost psychedelic experience. Now I'm trying to get there again but can't. Do you get what I'm tryna say? Was kinda like seeing/feeling the inside of my body

How long have you been doing it for

What are the benefits con man

I want to get an electrician apprenticeship in Illinois. I already finished college and have no criminal record. I’m going to a technical college Wednesday to apply for an apprenticeship. What else should i do or know?

I can't stop procrastinating

Daily reminder that Yoga is not only great for mobility, posture, endurance and breathing, several studies linked it (and meditation) to a sharp decrease in Cortisol, the stress hormone that kills testosterone, kills gains, etc.

Starting taking probiotics to fix my autism

I've been doing some 30 day yoga "challegence" video that I found on Veeky Forums everyday that I'm not in the pool.
It's surprinsingly engaging for my shoulder and core (dyel no lifting fag) and I feel great after the 30 min "workout".
10/10 would recommend.
I might go on to real yoga classes after i'm done with that

Today I smiled at and thanked a cashier. Never done so before. I've also been smiling a lot more lately and generally feeling more confident. Feels pretty good.

SA? Increase test and abstain from dopamine-releasing shit like music, videogames, daydreaming etc for a while to allow your system to regenerate.

>increase your cortisol xD
Moderation user

Stress causes cortisol, abstaining from hobbies doesn't. What does cause stress is keeping your wreckage of a dopamine system dependent on the wrong sort of feedback and not allowing it to open itself to social feedback, making every social interaction a challenge to you.

Started deadlifting after going to the gym for a year or two now. Been to putting it off (despite benching and squatting for about half a year now) telling myself I 100% need a deadlifting belt.
Decided to just try it, started last week. Heaviest I DL'd so far is 205. Could maybe push for 215 for 1 rep.

Set an alarm with this picture. It helps me maybe it'll help you too. Also try the 3 second technique

what is the 3 second technique ??

Mind posting the video user?

Take LSD, they used it on autism in the 60s look it up

Ignore Joe and listen to this motherfucker.

youtube.com/watch?v=5tSTk1083VY&feature=youtu.be

Don't inject user, it's not worth it even if you only do 2 cycles or whatever you'll get addicted to it and it'll fuck with your hormones and shit don't listen to /fraud/, natty is goat. For increasing test, stick to your regime, theartofmanliness also has a good guide on that check him out

>theartofmanliness

Usually it's shit but this guide is actually goat archive.is/7vjtu

Any place to start?
Want to start with some routine about 30 minutes that i can do every morning, but i don't know where to start

It's simple and may soung stupit but it helped me get to work. Basicly when you need to study or something else but are lazy to stand up an go do it,just count to 3 and stand up. Dont think about it just say one two three and go

Whenever you're in a shitty hotel with an indian dude find out if there's any work you can do for him, literally every single one of them has like 6 things going wrong that they'll give you money for right there that usually take no time and you're right there anyway because you're on the road.

You can interact with those things that look like you and usually they're happy to respond, it's a helpful life tip. Next time try to compliment them, especially if they're a lady, on something that catches your eye, even if it only reminds you of what I'm telling you. Don't expect anything, don't be weird, just give a little compliment, "Nice Save the Whales tattoo," or whatever.

Within the first 3 seconds of meeting somebody humans decide whether or not that person is an acceptable sexual partner.
This means that you have a 3 second window with every girl you meet before she can reject you.
It's very effective to just whip your dick out, already erect if possible, and start sprinting towards her. Using this method you trick her undecided subconscious mind into recognizing you as a desirable sexual partner.
Social norms bind her to be repulsed by your behavior externally, but she is down to fuck 99% of the time.
Give it a try, it's seriously magic

>>It's not rape, you're just socially conditioned to deny how much you want it!

So I have a problem anons. It is that I'm too nice to people. And by that is I mean I'm too polite to tell people to fuck off.

I have a religious friend who bugs me incessantly about going to church and their events. I've indulged it up to a point because I feel like I should give the church thing a try and I hate it. I really don't like it. Not only do I find the people insufferable, but the whole institution as well. (it's an evangelical one in muttland if that helps people understand). Now I've indulged my friend long enough and I've tried to nicely say I don't want to come, but he just argues with me why I should and quotes the bible. I've don't want to be mean about this, but between school and such, I'm reaching the end of my rope.

beyond this, what the best way to deal with people like this in general? What do you all do to deal with people like this? I know I need to learn how to deal with people like this but I don't like getting heated with people cause I tend to get personal and mean about it. It's something tried to work on personally and I've been pretty successful in dealing with people. But I've never had to deal with someone THIS persistent.

Sorry for blogposting about this anons. But dealing with people is really something on my self improvement list because I'm not good at it sometimes.

Look man it seems you've given him too much leeway. I actually think this is about your indecisive refusal and not "people like this". You can only say "I appreciate your concern but it's not for me so can we please drop this issue". He'll be disappointed because it took you so long but anyway.

You need to ask yourself what it would mean for you to put your foot down. There is no reason to assume some sort of persona, something that you think you need to be in order to handle this situation. Ask yourself honestly, and if you have to meditate on what you're capable of were you to say "This is over," and truly mean it. This naturally means a situation that means any further words would result either in physical violence, or at the very least a real severing of your friendship.

This doesn't mean that this should be the thing that you're thinking about and focused on doing next time you're in the mildest form of this situation, but meditating on this part of you will help you become someone who will be taken seriously when pushed to the need to tell someone to fuck off.

That is, unless this is just some "I don't want friend to be mad but I can't be honest about my feelings" sitcom, in which case... graduate high school?

I've been firm before with this dude. He just comes back a week later and tries again and argues with me about how I'm not being a good christian if I don't go to church. Part of the reason why I'm three steps away from exploding on him.

All right, then you have to be really blunt and risk the friendship. Exploding probably won't make you feel any better afterwards though. That would also reward his own self-righteousness.

I'll be blunt and risk it then. and fair point about the self righteousness thing. I'll only get mean if it bluntness just doesn't get the point across or he refuses to accept it.

It s this serie. youtu.be/kJjfle7CEwI

Any European SiG Discords?

>applying minoxidil on spotty beard
Does it work?

How did you go about doing this? I'd really like to be on my phone less

>Chooses harmonica
>And not the chromatica
Funny how one button turns a musically incomplete children's toy into a full fledged musical instrument.

my ghets gets hot and my hands & feet go numb when i do it, and my vision fisheyes, but that's it.
on & off for a month, i probably average 5 times a week

damn where are you guys learning about these weird instruments

Getting worse and worse by the day. Never been lower.

...use your phone less. This shit aint that hard.

I'm trying to get a good gum to chew to increase my T and lower cortisol. Any suggestions? All I can find is sugar shit and xenoestrogens.

Tldr on the method?

this

you inhale more than you exhale for as long as you can,
and then your hold your breath for a really long time.
when you start out you'll be able to hold it for at least a minute or two.
it helps regulate adrenaline, so you can withstand extreme temperatures,
retain water for a really long time, and resist illness. the guy who came up with it,
wim hof, has a number of world records. he climbed everest in his underwear,
he did a marathon in the desert with no water, he held his breath in an ice bath for 2-3 hours,
and when tested, showed no symptoms of illness when infected by doctors.
there's a ton of stuff on it, but the dude is legit. he has science backing him up, as well as his feats.

oh, you also need to do cold showers in addition to the breathing.

I have an asian 24hole harmonica but its nothing like western ones, anyone have any luck with these?? Good tutorials?

Possibly stupid question. I used to sleep 10-12 hours a night, and obviously this means I never have time to do anything. I started trying to sleep less. I'm on day 10 of getting 4-6 hours of sleep a night. Started it by reducing down to 8-9, then 7-8, and just made the jump to 4-6. How is the best way to maintain this and still be healthy, bright eyed and bushy tailed? I don't know if taking an 8-10 hour night once a week would break my discipline and make it harder to transition back to 6. Today is the first day I feel tired, and my eyes were kind of puffy this morning.
I use minimal caffeine, maybe one coffee every 2-3 nights when I really want to focus. Primarily studying and drawing. Also been trying to use Veeky Forums less, or at least only go on boards that are informational. I reduced it by about 60% so far.

Been going every Sunday, closest thing to a rest day I have. I love it.

keep sleeping user. increases T and if you are bulking it is absolutely necessary. Also I frequently take Veeky Forums breaks for about a week or two, it feels amazing and refreshing.

>flirt with grill alot
>sleep in bed next to her
>give her kisses
Next day on FB
>she has a boyfriend. As of 2 days ago.

Is it bad that I still want to pursue her? I feel her being still interested. I feel like it's fucked up but frankly lately I just don't give a shit

I want to study 3 hours a day and draw 3 hours a day, while working full time and having an hour of exercise. Maybe a compromise I won't go lower than 6. I want to be more disciplined and have time to do shit. About to start studying now.

Take what you desire user.

Training for another fight. The first few weeks of the cut I'm a miserable sack of shit. Then when the weight comes off and I'm looking good and feeling good I have the fight. Right after I dive into a box of donuts and a case of beer for a whole week. I wish I had the willpower to keep my fight diet.

Don't try to be superman, It will burn you out. There's nothing wrong with sleeping 8 or 9 hours a night, its comfy and you feel better throughout the day. Quality over quantity.

>What I've Learned representing

watch wim hof on the Joe Rogan podcast , he goes threw the breath EX
do it 3 times
later , do yoga for 10 min , take a cold showwer

Just started with with Jordan Belforts Straight Line Persuasion System, the course is gold - treats every interaction with other people as an opportunity to sell ... going to be practicing it on girls to pick them up (sell yourself), and then later will use it to sell some software I got in the works.

Listened to this last night. I've long distance cycled a bunch but not really a runner. Going to run today and see how far is can get.

I saw this posted here and although I dislike these kinds of pictures where a complex topic or a complex idea are being explained in simplified, quick and "fast-food"-like ways I saved it, in the hope of inserting this thought into my mental processes in order to apply it. However now that i think about it in the past years my procrastination issues have been gradually diminishing, to the point where i can picture at any point in a day what my appointments/duties/errands are: perhaps I've learnt to be more organised. I guess that's because I'm 25 and i need to make up for all the wasted years of my early twenties and i feel like time is running faster and faster and I'm afraid of being late. But yeah the picture is still a nice explanation of this phenomenon. Good luck user cheers

the pic is bullshit, if i organize myself or take adderall i am not procrastinating myself anymore.
nothing to with self perceived value.

I personally feel like I could take on the world when on amphetamines, not so much when off them

Huge difference between listening to music and videogames/surfing the net.

You didn't join the Official Fitness Server on Discord yet??
Share ideas, motivate each other, awesome greentexts stories, feels, food and diet stuff
All instant chat with active memberbase.

Only quality contributors are welcome.
discord.gg/WfgghsW

21 year old virgin turning 22 and graduating college in 3 months. Should I just say fuck it an get a tinder?

Ok, I have horrible issues staying out of bed. My room is pretty small and some days I have nothing to do outside my house. Any advice on how to not be in bed this much? I feel embarrassed being at 5pm already in bed and I know I have stuff to do (learning 2 languages and uni) but I just find myself staying back in bed all the time.

>tfw took antibiotics the day before he made that video

>facial exercises
What the fuck are those?

>Chewing gum raises testosterone
The shit I hear on this board get more ridiculous by the day

Every time they ask you to go, go to the Temple of Gainz instead and get ripped.

>cold showers
>nofap
>daily meditation
>quit weed

FUCK YOU Veeky Forums
I got my gf pregnant doing this shit JUST as I was planning to break up. I got super virile. Obviously I can't leave her now.
>she wants to keep it

FUCKDUXKFUXÖDMDMZMD

MY LIFE, IT IS SLIPPING THROUGH MY HANDS

SMOKE WEED AND FAP EVERY DAY FAGGOTS

Do this
>Remove bed.
>Sleep on floor.

Just to help my fellow /sig/frieds.

Congratulations. Be a good father.

Trying to get better with Jealousy and having that FOMO feeling. I hate it I feel like such a little bitch. My gf gives me no reason to be jealous of anyone or anything. She's just so busy now with school and research and I'm usually the busy one. Been taking this time to try out meditation and stuff. Seems to be working and I also just use positive reinforcement on myself to assure that there's nothing to be jealous of.

>Usually go for a couple of weeks with a good diet and good lifting.
>End up having a couple of days or a week where I eat like shit and skip the gym.

Is there any advice for keeping my motivation? Is it possible that being too strict with myself is the source of me cheating?

>Meditation 2 times a day
>Do something creative everyday, draw, paint, write, play an instrument.
>Read at least 30 pages everyday, nonfiction
>Stretch
>Cold showers
>Shut down everything electrical 30 mins before going to sleep. Sit in the darkness (not on bed) and think and try to resolve anything that comes to mind. Go to sleep with a clear mind.
These helped with my "severe" depression and panic attacks.

Why do I always feel like I'm losing brain cells when I do this shit?

Take out 6a, 6g, and 9a and you won't scare off anyone and will have a successful meme, just fyi oh and tell fat people to lift and cardio

Fell for the NYR meme and gave up smoking after 8 years. Had to use medication for a bit but haven't smoked in 5 weeks and can't remember when I last had a craving.
Going to the gym and doing cardio is much more enjoyable now that I don't feel like shit after exercise. I might take up a martial art.

I also gave up all bread for lent (not really religious though) and would include wraps, burger buns and pizzas. It hasn't been too bad so far and hopefully I can extend it. I've been feeling great so far and I've never felt I've had so much energy.

Sorry for the blog.

The best way to stop people treating you like a bitch in life is simple. Ask THEM to do something for you and watch 95% of them flake out.

It'll harden you up in know time as you realize there are very few people who call themselves friends that will go out of their way for you.

So ask your friend to start lifting and if he doesn't there is your justification to stop going to church and if he does least you get a gym partner and a decent dude even if you hate the church.

Trust me mane, people never remember the constant favours you do them but will always hold the one you couldn't do against you.

Thanks for this user, really enjoyed what David Goggins had to share.

I've been trying to find out what I enjoy in life but I just think there's nothing that I truly enjoy doing.
I am working out 3x/week but that's literally all I do, rest of the day I'm just wasting time on youtube or play some shitty game to kill time.
Tried to take up some other hobbies/activities but I always get bored with them quickly and get back to my life in front of my computer screen.
Any advice on finding out what I enjoy doing? Don't have a job either for the same reason. I quit all my jobs after like a month of working.

finish your antibiotics cycle user

you feel light headed, it's a form of hyperventilation

Congrats user, may your offspring be alpha.

Instead of trying to find something that makes you happy try to think of what a worthwhile goal to achieve might be and work towards it. Take a moment by yourself and see what your mind serves up to you when you look around and ask "What could be better?". The process of working toward that goal, down to the chemical level, is what you're going to derive any sort of what you'd later look back on as enjoyment from.

Lads, I want to start going to AA. I’ve tried getting Veeky Forums, I’ve tried just going “cold turkey”, but nothing has helped so far. I’m tired of hating myself every time I grab a drink, and I’m tired of hurting my family and friends. Any tips that can help me go through this?

How do you honestly feel about Jesus?

Nope. I'm just lucky to have an understanding wife.