/fast/ general - actually lifting edition

>>What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.
>>REQUIRED READING!!!!!
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf
>>REQUIRED READING!!!!!
>>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
>youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be
>While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
>idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/
>>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
>youtu.be/dFT2IKmwyfg
>>Tumors
>youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI
>>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.
>This is regularly referred to as snake juice.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
>"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."
>>Sugar is more addictive than coke
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144
>>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
>If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
>If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.
>>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
>You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.
>>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
>This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

bmj.com/content/3/5720/432
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1274154/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/1161598?redirect=true
europepmc.org/abstract/med/14255340
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(69)92546-X/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9665093
physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/physiologyonline.1988.3.1.21
discord.gg/WfgghsW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last thread was a shit show, let's start this one off right.

What are the generally accepted guidelines for resistance training when fasting? I'm on my first fast, currently at 36hr water & black coffee. Recently hit 1.3/1.8/3/4 off of SS, and I'd like to drop about 20lb and maintain as much strength as possible. This fast is open-ended depending on how I feel (I've read all the sticky stuff & done my research).

Today will be my first lift since starting, so what should I do? Continue my workouts as normal, attempting to hit 95-100% of my 5rm for three sets, or go with something different like 1 set at 95% 5rm and a few back-off sets around 80% for same or more reps?

I switched from 5x5 to 3x8-10 on about 50% of my 1RM. But then again I've been fastibg for almost 2 weeks now.

Start slowly and see what makes you comfortable

>actually lifting edition

you're doing god's work OP

Today is Squat, OHP, Deadlift in the rotation. It's gonna be rough. I think I'll try to get at least 1 set of 5 heavy on squat & OHP, maybe 2. Probably fuck around & go heavy as I can on diddly too.

Just be safe. You won't be able to lift this much once you're a few days in

So if my goal is to lose about 20-25lb while maintaining as much strength as possible, would it maybe be best to water/coffee fast through the week and maybe OMAD (even keto OMAD) on the weekends?

To be clear, I am fasting primarily for weight loss, but I'd like to experience the additional benefits as well. But I don't want to lose too much strength, I put 100lb on my squat & deadlift over the past 6 or 7 weeks and I'm pretty proud of it.

If you're water fasting you are literally walking a slow walk towards death, dont believe these meme loving cucks - there have been several death as a result of water fasting.

"A breakdown in electrolyte homoeostasis is one of the first medically recorded problems of water fasting"
> bmj.com/content/3/5720/432

"cardiac arrhythmias, urate nephrolithiasis, and gout"
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1274154/

" severe orthostatic hypotension, severe normocytic, normochromic anemia, and gouty arthritis "
>jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/1161598?redirect=true

" One death case [4] was recorded back when water fasting was still used in medical circles to treat obesity. In this case, death was caused by a severe case of “lactic acidosis”."
>europepmc.org/abstract/med/14255340

"A young woman also tried to lose weight through water fasting, but unfortunately passed away soon AFTER her fast [6]. While she did reach her weight loss goal, 7 days after breaking off the fast her heart simply gave out."
>thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(69)92546-X/abstract

"those people still had huge body fat reserves at the time of their deaths. This happens because, no matter how much energy you still have stored away in your body fat reserves, your body will keep burning away some of your “structural protein” for energy throughout the fast [7]."
> ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9665093

"Structural protein are the basic building blocks of your muscle mass and vital organ tissue, which means your body will literally be eating itself away to keep you alive during a water fast. But if you wipe out too much of your protein reserves, sudden death can happen regardless of how much body fat you’re still holding on to [8]."
>physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/physiologyonline.1988.3.1.21

is fasting a meme?

This is why I refeed desu

oh no something is dangerous better not do it

t. cuck

The weak should fear the strong.

>MFW tards push for ketosis while looking up to Clarence.
I have no face.

Lifting 24 hours or more into a fast never goes very well for me, even a little bit of caloric input seems to yield better numbers. Piece of cheese, coconut oil in coffee, etc - something is better than nothing. I'd suggest experimenting with that, better to do a slightly "impure" fast and not leave weight on the table imo.

existence is a meme

read yes, and a dangerous one at that

Tbh i just pulled a random picture out of my Clover folder when I made the thread.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see how it goes today & adjust as needed. I'm gonna shoot for 5 day fast and try a keto OMAD this weekend.

Will report back with results.

I told you to not post this image. :(

I can barely finish 1/6 my liter of snake juice within the half a day I've been fasting so far and my mouth has been dry as shit. Is this normal or do I need to wait longer to have some snake juice?

(((They))) don’t want you to fast. You need to buy diet books and diet pills and diet food.

You don’t need snake juice until day three. Some people say day seven. I start taking it on day two because I get headaches starting on day three if I don’t.

Do I just drink regular water until then?

or just eat healthy like a normal human bean
>t-the jews control the vegetable market!!

Yup. I also drink coffee and tea. You can drink snake juice, it’s not gonna hurt. But it’s not gonna help either.

How stupid are you? Seriously.
This is /fast/. We are trying to lose weight. So should you buy all the diet bullshit and slowly lose wieght? Or should you not buy anything and lose weight fast? Get tf out diet shill.

this general: believes articles and research from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov when it aligne with their own belief, disregard it as (((they))) when it doesn't because apparently researchers want you to buy diet pills.

first the keto cuck left in shame, now this. /fast/ will be dead within a week, retards are finally waking up realizing that there is no magical shortcut or superdiets (JUST STOP DRINKING WATER LOL)

>t. brainlet
There are a lot of methods to fast properly. some of them are clearly more dangerous than others. But you can always follow some guidelines to reduce risks
You can choose between a lot of ways : if , omad, omaw ( personally not a fan), ADF . You are clearly underestimatimg fasting as a whole and also biology. In this general we try to keep things civilized to learn and found new info.
If you dont want to help and are going to just shitpost you can fuck off, or keep wasting your time.
If OMAW dude is watching this thread we all want you to come back, and if you want just leave your tripfag out but keep bringin info .

this is your brain on no water, folks. It's not a game.

Ok I'm cutting for spring break and have lost a good bit, I'm looking a lot better, compared to where I used to be, but I still wanna lose another like 10-20lbs, I have 4.5 more weeks. Should I fast as well? And which schedule would be best? I used to do 20-4 intermittent when I wrestled, and got pretty lean that way, but I was thinking of stacking ec with it too. I lift 4-5 times a week as well.

>Follow the fasting meme for a day
>go to lift the at 9pm, fasted for about 24 hours at this point
>Almost faint after my set of deadlift
>zero energy
>shit workout

So none of you faggots actually lift right ?

>Not doing alternate day fasting on rest days
>Not doing IF 4hs eating window (pre and post workout meal),

RIP

Lift? Lolno. I have enough muscle from carrying an extra 75lbs of weight around with me 24/7. Once I stop carrying all that weight around with me then I’ll lift. Maybe. Maybe I’ll just see what it feels like to be skinny.

I honestly can't tell if this is satire or not.

>6 replies in
>still no rebuttal

I was well trained when I was younger, but stopped regularly lifting for a few years. I maintained a lot of my strength.

I have been doing multi-day fasts since Dec 30. I am down 38 lbs.

I have not attempted any serious lifting during that time.

I did eat (keto) all weekend. I attempted to do some dips Monday (first fast day after weekend of eating) just to see how much weaker I was. I was able to do two bodyweight dips and then felt exhausted.

At the peak of my strength year ago, I could do 30 bodyweight dips during each workout.

In an un-trained state a few months ago, but where I had not yet fasted, I could sitll do 10.

I have lost enough fat that some muscle definition is returning in my quads, and my spare tire is shrinking enough that the delt-shape on my back is becoming visible again.

However, I absolutely do not have the energy to do serious physical exertion of any kind.

If you are still in fat-loss mode, I don't recommend lifting heavy.

My advice: if you are too fast, get thin first. Then figure out how to eat to maintain weight. Then figure out how to eat while lifting.

Just because some fat weaklings are documented to have died after doing water fasts, doesn't mean a.) I will (haven't so far) or b.) The fasting is what caused it

>yes goyim, go and stuff your face with my products

For clarification, you were not doing any sort of weight training before you began fasting on Dec 30?

I've been hard bulking up until about a week ago, today will be the first fasted lift. Don't know what to expect.

I followed basically a SS routine when I did keto for 2 months last Sept/Oct, and didn't lose much strength, but it was quite miserable.

>The fasting is what caused it
thats LITERALLY what the articles are saying you meathead

I plan to break my 72 h soft dry fast with some boiled veggies, a smoothie and eggs with sausage, all of this before going to sleep. Toughts? Also the same day I'm gonna make tacos with a friend at night

>stop lifting for years
>fast for a month
>can’t lift the same he used to years ago
>MUH FASTIN KILLS GAINS

what a fucking retard you are.

Any good resources/experience with ADF while lifting weights?

If I lift 3x/week heavy compounds, I'm wondering if my best option might be to eat a keto meal only on lift days either right before or right after lifting.

Thoughts?

That’s because they fasted without electrolytes and re fed on high potassium food

You do realise that you still drink water on a water fast right?

Someone please post that meme pic with various types of fast

Do sips break your fast?

>tfw doing the nofap dryfast + coldshower one
i am so close to make it

You expect physical performance to remain high when youre completely glycogen depleted and forcing your body into nearly the most catabolic state possible? Why do you retards never learn that you dont just lose 10s of pounds off your lifts just from nit lifting for a few weeks? Your lifts will go right back to where they were after getting into a fully fed state and lifting for a week or two...

>"A breakdown in electrolyte homoeostasis is one of the first medically recorded problems of water fasting"
What is snake juice?
>"cardiac arrhythmias, urate nephrolithiasis, and gout"
Snake juice.
>" severe orthostatic hypotension, severe normocytic, normochromic anemia, and gouty arthritis "
~Snake~Juice~
>" One death case [4] was recorded back when water fasting was still used in medical circles to treat obesity. In this case, death was caused by a severe case of “lactic acidosis”."
The paper itself says no one had before died from it, and the patient was extremely overweight and diabetic. Homegirl was already sickly.
>"those people still had huge body fat reserves at the time of their deaths. This happens because, no matter how much energy you still have stored away in your body fat reserves, your body will keep burning away some of your “structural protein” for energy throughout the fast [7]."
So don't fast for 21 straight days on plain water. OMAW sounds fine.

>OMAW
?

is it ok to drink liquor while fasting

You didn't join the Official Fitness Server on Discord yet??
Share ideas, motivate each other, awesome greentexts stories, feels, food and diet stuff
All instant chat with active memberbase.

Only quality contributors are welcome.
discord.gg/WfgghsW

How do you dry fast i mean for how long do you do it?

one meal a week

>Follow the fasting meme for a day
It takes more than a day to even out. I've done several 7 day water fasts, the first 2 - 3 days are shite and then it's smooth sailing.

Yup. Look up the vodka fast

Thx

Why does Cole recommend drinking senk joos on his OMAD with one 48 hour fast per week routine? Shouldn't you get enough electrolytes from the food, or is going 24 hours without salt a problem if you do it for multiple weeks?

>the post that killed /fast/

Can I fast for 100 days if I am 275lbs 6ft? Need to get down to 145lbs skeletor mode

whats a good meal for this method

>Only good contributors are welcome.

Aww shucks

Daily reminder weve had 100+ /fast/ threads over months and only like 3 people have posted real results, one of them was already lean and the other did omad.

All you people doing a billion days fasting and not a single impressive before/after has been produced

Meme
E
M
E

It's my birthday today, anons. Gonna forego my cake and junk food marathon in favor of fasting

>Give me attention pls respond

Hey avocadofag

IF I get. Multi-day water fasting is for stupid faggots.

I've gone from 125kg KG start of Jan to 113kg yesterday

Been doing 16-8 eating 12 till 8, minimal cardio, heavy lifting and eating fairly sensibly (practically no junk food) been feeling way more energetic, skins doing way better and just generally glad I found out about If.

We are all gonna make it etc etc

I'm OMAW. Chicken fajitas covered in cheese w/o the tortillas was my meal this week. Keto friendly and dank af.

I ask that everyone who sees this post first actually visit the links and the studies, read them, and then form your own opinions on them before immediately jumping to conclusions based off of what this person posted. Though this is a great collection of studies and resources, the way you presented the information is incredibly misleading.

>> bmj.com/content/3/5720/432
>shows that in general this is a safe procedure, but there are significant associated hazards, particularly a breakdown in electrolyte homoeostasis.
In other words youre fine
>>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1274154/
Those problems are "seen", doesnt say theyre common
>>jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/1161598?redirect=true
>With refeeding all ill effects were promptly reversed.
Eat shit
>>europepmc.org/abstract/med/14255340
You mis quoted it.
>To our knowledge, until the present time there have been no reports of death in association with therapeutic starvation.
>The case of an extremely obese diabetic patient who acquired lactic acidosis while fasting and who subsequently died is described
Again, eat shit.
>>thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(69)92546-X/abstract
That was one person who may have had the condition prior. Again east shit.
>> ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9665093
I have no clue where you got that from.
>>physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/physiologyonline.1988.3.1.21
>may be dangerous due to excessive loss of body protein
>Obese humans when starving use fat and spare protein as effectively as those animals that spontaneously undergo prolonged fasting after accumulating large fat reserves
For the final time eat shit.

I would recomend to break dry fast of that length with protein based food-yogyrt, milk, only after that in 2 hours you can eat what you wrote

Thinking about trying OMAD for starters. How do I ensure I get all the vitamins and micronutrients I usually get from my 3 meals?

Too anyone like this person who wants to see the results that for some reason aren't in here I recommend you go check out the snake diet motivational page on Facebook. There's people posting results pics all the time and loads you can scroll back too.

Just try 24h first. For me it is wasier to dry fast because i do not feel hungry as mych as in water fast.

Cascade dry fasting. Dry fast 24hours then reffed 24 hours. It means you are fasting 15 days a month. Not bad huh

Just dry fast OMAD. Dont worry too much.eat what you thinks is good for you-healthy foods

I have lost a good amount of weight but I'm reserving my before/after pics for when i look a bit more decent.

Drink your pee

So drink snake juice to avoid electrolyte imbalances and if you have any issues simply eat something.

K.

On the back half of day 5.
Why are the afternoons so much harder? I start feeling run down and a little hungry. But I feel fantastic in the morning until about 3. Any tips to help with this?

It gets better, just give it some time.

Yes, because the studies that are pro fasting are being experienced by the people fasting, whereas the studies that are against fasting are pushed by kikes. Lived experience that's backed by an article is better than the opposite of the lived experienced being pushed by some 6 meal shit article. I'm on day 8 and I'm fine.

Does snake juice make you retain water because of all the sodium?

yes, which at the end of your fast (when you have no body fat), you will whiz all the salt out over 3 days

if you want to be bodybuilder lean, you basically dehydrate yourself

fasting is a meme goyim. Do not do anything without consulting a (((medfag))) to receive shit advice that fails for 95% of people. buy my (((drugs))) if you want to lose weight goyim. lose weight with (((6MAD))) goyim. all those artificial additives, preservatives, colorants and flavorings are to make the food healthier for you goyim

how does he looks like poo in loo on left

this
went from 68kg at 16% bf to 70kg at 13% bf in 3 months doing a small carb refeed before workouts (fruit + chia) and then big meal after workout.
usually 4h eating window

probably a dumb question, but if i'm doing OMAD+48hr fast each week, should my one meal per day keep me in caloric deficit or should i just eat as much as i want?

Who in hell wants to post their photos to Veeky Forums? Even with the face not showing its still odd.

most people are either irrationally scared, or don't have any results

also i did omad cause im a weak lil bitch olol

Stay in a deficit. It should be pretty hard to get all your calories in one meal without feeling full as fuck anyways.

I've dropped 15 kg in a few months fasting, but I'm sure as hell not gonna post any photos to a Sri Lankan shrimp forum.

i don't blame you, the anons on this Croatian goat-fucking forum are savage

>only like 3 people have posted real results
lets just ignore all the fatties like "shirt guy" and namefags that I dont like

I thought you fasted for days at a time. Not OMAD.