Hunting and fishing

How have you not taken the hunting/fishing pill yet? Easily the most Veeky Forums approved activity.

>Deer hunting
Lean, organic, great protein filled tenderloin. Also can make a fuck ton beef jerky. My personal favorite.
>Rabbit hunting
Rabbit stew, tastes great and easy to make.
>Turkey hunting
Fun, pretty challenging, great meat.
>Hog hunting
Easy as fuck, but dangerous. Decent meat.
>Duck hunting
Fun as hell, get to bring your doggo with you, can get a fuck ton of good meat.
>Fishing for salmon if available
Great meat, absolute riot to fish for, and my personal favorite fish
>Fishing for Crapi
Can catch 100 of these fucks in a week, tastes great if you don't like the super fishy meat.

Above all, hunting requires a lot of physical involvement. If you aren't hunting for that pure organic meat, you're doing something wrong. Pic related, it's what I use for deer and hog.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/WfgghsW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you went hunting once with your uncle didnt you user, where did he touch you?

>hunting with point and click stick
real Veeky Forums gods hunt with a club

Oh yes user I live for the hunt. I hunt WA state and Idaho. Back country mule deer, black bear, elk and cougar. Any advice I can give anons?

do you enjoy the thrill of the hunt?
or do you prefer it when the bears come easy?

>Hide under a pile of leafs
>Sprinkle bait around me
>Cage drops down when wild boars arrive trapping them with me
That's when I pull out my bowie and things get interesting

Hunting with anything but a bow. You're a low test cuck.

>Not hunting with a sharp stone attached to a stick
Ugga nugga mugga eet

got any good guides on starting hunting? mostly interested in deer since that seems like the best meat yield

Going to take the hunting pill as soon as I can. God tier hobby

I enjoy the chase. I’ve only gotten 1 so far which was last September. Found him in a mountain meadow eating huckleberries. 1 shot from 250 yards, he ran 15 yards and piled up. Meat was better than I expected and I’m waiting on my rug to get finished.

>animal grazing peacefully
>hears the rustling of leaves
>hears a disgusting goblin shriek
>fight or flee triggers
>spot a 5'9" naked manlet running in its direction wielding a club fashioned out of a branch
>looks like a rippetoe exemplar of a human
>200 pounds with a milk gut and well developed muscles
and that's how i met your mother

What part of the country are you in? The best peice of advice is to scout a lot during the summer before deer season. Look for droppings and signs of beds. Then find the trails that they use.

>not hunting with your bare hands
are you even trying to make it ?

Wanna join the active Fitness Server on Discord?
Only quality contributors are welcome.
discord.gg/WfgghsW

I use bow too, just don't have the time I used to so I don't get out as much with a bow.

What area are you in? I know S. Idaho but recently relocated to N. Idaho/ E. WA and I have no fucking clue where to hunt. Lots of BLM in the South but up here it looks like it's mostly private land.

Ask people that hunt if they could give you tips and what not. Hunters are usually very friendly and want people to join their sport. Hell, they may have 100 acres of property and invite you out during deer season. Also, gun clubs are a great place to meet people.

Yes I love rabbit hunting and good hunting with a bow. Jesus Christ. I've been bow hunting since I was 10.

Start out with rabbit hunting or squirrel. You can use a 4/10 or a 20 gauge. They are pretty cheap and it's a good way to start.

I hunt white tail deer and they are super parinoid. Mule deer are easier to hunt so I would prefer stalking them. I have a trip planned to go stalking, I've never done it before.

But there is not a bigger rush then there is when you see a buck walk into your lane on a cold morning where the sun is barely peaking up. It's the biggest thrill.

I'd love to go hog hunting in Florida because they literally use knives and dogs. My friend did it and he said it was wild. He went a ranch and his guides were straight Hicks. They had 8-9 dogs attack a hog and he had to run up and stab it into the back of the hogs neck. Truly savage.

Currently I’m in Vancouver Wa. If you are an Idaho resident I wouldn’t bother with WA state. Id look at unit 1 in Idaho for deer. Lots of public land there. Use the map tool from IDFG or ONYX hunt

>black bears
>cougar

Why tho

Why do anything? Both populations have exploded in my state since baiting and hound hunting was banned. Personally I’m not a fan of those two tactics but to each their own. One negative has been with the increased predators the deer and elk herd numbers are down significantly.
Watching a cougar come in on a rabbit call was one of the most exciting moments of my life. He busted me before I could get a shot off unfortunately.

Thanks user

>lean
animal fat is healthy.

But user, for your mother only harpoon is a valid choice