Hey there my Keto brothers

Hey there my Keto brothers.
I got all blood results today and it turns out all of my stats are perfect. All of them.
When will you embrace Keto as your new diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthyforgood.heart.org/eat-smart/articles/saturated-fats
health.harvard.edu/heart-health/sliding-scale-for-ldl-how-low-should-you-go
academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/80/3/550/4690530
health.harvard.edu/heart-health/rethinking-good-cholesterol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's in the bowl?

Chicken stomaches with indian spices.

Looks like some kind of Offal.

You wouldn't happen to be from Poland would you?

did someone just shit in a bowl and call it keto?

>You wouldn't happen to be from Poland would you?
Hi /pol/

Nice, what's your LDL cholesterol score?

Hey man

I dont get why people are still surprised keto wont kill you. Like shit every study in the past 3 years about fat consumption and cholesterol consumption show that there is no health risks. Most people with shitty ldl are just genetically dispositioned and the idea that saturated fats kill you was propogated by a fucking economists ancel keyes. Taking a first year biology course explains exactly why saturated fat only has benefits.

Don't have the stats on me but both types of cholesterol were in norm. The doctor said that bad cholesterol is more prelevant but still in norm and it's counterbalanced with relatively high level of good cholesterol.

You do realize that blood tests only test for certain things and are only a vague indicator of actual health, right?

Also got MRI, USG etc. I went for full physical to check my health.

The norm is what most fat Americans have.

how many stomachs could a chicken stomach stomach if a chicken stomach could stomach stomachs?

>Most people with shitty ldl are just genetically dispositioned and the idea that saturated fats kill you was propogated by a fucking economists ancel keyes. Taking a first year biology course explains exactly why saturated fat only has benefits.
You've been reading too many internet blogs.
healthyforgood.heart.org/eat-smart/articles/saturated-fats

>Fat only has benefits
*blocks your arteries*

>The doctor said that bad cholesterol is more prelevant

Keto in a nutshell.

>Don't have the stats on me but both types of cholesterol were in norm.
Normal means it's the norm, not that it's good. "Normal" is dangerously high you stupid nigger. Normal cholesterol is what the average doughnut and cheesecake eating fat fuck has.

If you have something below the norm it's harmful. You need both kinds of cholesterol to live. "bad cholesterol" builds your cell membranes and neurons.

>If you have something below the norm it's harmful.
Wrong. Slightly under normal cholesterol levels are the healthiest.
Of course you need cholesterol to live. Your body also needs water, but if you drink too much water you die. Don't be a moron

>If you have something below the norm it's harmful.
Nope. What we consider normal is not ideal, and the ideal continues to change the more we learn about it.

health.harvard.edu/heart-health/sliding-scale-for-ldl-how-low-should-you-go
>In 1986, a "desirable" blood level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL, the so-called bad cholesterol) was 130 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL). Today, information from medical anthropologists and some high-powered clinical trials suggests the new "desirable" should be half that.
>Although the average LDL among Americans is now down to about 120 mg/dL, that doesn't necessarily make this number healthy or desirable. Our hunter-gatherer ancestors probably had LDLs in the 50 to 75 mg/dL range, like modern hunter-gatherers such as the Hazda, Maasai, and Inuit peoples. Strict vegetarians often have LDLs below 90 mg/dL. In all of these groups, rates of heart disease are substantially lower than they are among most Americans.

>some scientists
Call me back when this new knowledge enters medical canon.

>Findings from clinical trials support the idea that reducing LDL well below 100 mg/dL can have positive payoffs. Trials with acronyms such as PROVE-IT, REVERSAL, ASTEROID, and JUPITER have shown that using powerful statins such as atorvastatin (Lipitor) or rosuvastatin (Crestor) to lower LDL to 70 mg/dL or below halted or even reversed the steady spread of atherosclerotic plaque and also reduced the rate of heart attack and stroke.

it is the medical canon

Isn't the ratio between the types of cholesterol is what's actually important? You can have all of them within the normal range, but the ratio can still be way off and it will actually be bad.

So? Nobody gives a fuck until medical community accepts and verifies these claims. You can publish anything for money nowadays.

nobody knows what the ratio should be, last i checked there's conflicting evidence on that. what's clear it that the ideal levels are way lower than previously thought

academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/80/3/550/4690530

"The approach of many mainstream investigators in studying the effect of consuming saturated fats has been narrowly focused to produce and evaluate evidence in support of the hypothesis that dietary saturated fat elevates LDL cholesterol and thus the risk of CAD. The evidence is not strong, and, overall, dietary intervention by lowering saturated fat intake does not lower the incidence of nonfatal CAD; nor does such dietary intervention lower coronary disease or total mortality (31, 61)."

The ratio matters if it indicates either high LDL or low HDL, which are both bad. A ratio that's good because LDL is low and HDL is normal is a good sign but a ratio that's good because HDL is high isn't necessarily protective.

health.harvard.edu/heart-health/rethinking-good-cholesterol

>JBG is Senior Scientific Advisor at the Nestle Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland. He is also chair of the scientific advisory board of Lipomics Technologies Inc, a biotechnology company based in Sacromento, CA, that provides lipid analytic services to the pharmaceutical, food, and agricultural industries.

the jews again huh, who woulda thunk it

Isn't Nestle adding soy to all their products?

What a stupid article.

>In the average American diet, 34.3% and 15% of calories were calculated to come from total fat and saturated fat, respectively (25), although according to the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (26) and information from the US Department of Agriculture (27), an average of only 12% of calories is derived from saturated fat
>Epidemiologic data suggest that saturated fats increase the concentration of LDL cholesterol in the bloodstream of some persons and that elevated cholesterol concentrations heighten the risk of heart disease (28). However, from a pragmatic food-choice perspective, it is impossible to achieve a nutritionally adequate diet that has no saturated fat (3)

0% saturated fat diet is technically impossible, therefore don't try to reduce it at all from the current levels where half of all Americans die of heart disease? What a shameless shill.

yes, it's probably the one healthy ingredient in them

cholesterexplainsitol

This is further complicated by the study of the Tsimane people who have classifiably the healthiest hearts and arteries in the world.

They have very little hardening or calcification of the arteries, many are classifiably overweight and none of them are overly lean with the mean BMI of 24. Their diet is 70% carbohydrate with the remaining balance being split between fat and protein.

The weird part? Their "good" HDL cholesterol is chronically low compared to the "bad" LDL cholesterol which is relatively high comparatively. But their overall cholesterol levels are low.

>different people have different genes
No shit!

Who hurt you to make you this angry user?

God made me like this. Duh?

Then why do you smell so much like it?

> the study of the Tsimane people who have classifiably the healthiest hearts and arteries in the world.
With a sample size of 2000?

Closer to 500 with massive selection bias I'd imagine :