Instead of doing 5x5 can i just do 25x1?

would this be bad somehow?

5 reps are so hard. i'm like out of breath after rep 2 and my form generally breaks down pretty hard by rep 5. first rep is always beautiful, but by the end of each set i'm feeling like i should deload.

so can i just do 25x1 and get the same results?

If you're struggling to do 5 reps it's too heavy. Stop ego lifting.

i hate this fucking board

>Can't even finish 5 reps
>But what if I tried to finish 25 in one go?
U fockin wot m8.

If you can't finish your set with good form you should deload.

i'm ego lifting at 100lbs?

i said 25x1 not 1x25 lol

If it's too heavy to do 5 reps with and that makes your feelieboos so upset that you'd rather stick to that weight for 'sets' of one, then yes, you're ego lifting

You have garbage hamplanet tier work capacity, just keep pushing it and youll get used to it.
Some people benefit from light cardio as a work capacity increaser, see if it works for you.

No. Deload your weight across the board. You're lifting too heavy and it's fucking up everything. Don't be little bitch about weight and just deload.

i'm so fucking tired of deloading.

seriously. how many times is a girl supposed to deload before she can squat 1 plate? or even like 110lbs.

Deload until you can do five sets of five with good technique. The weight is absolutely irrelevant at your level, squat the bar with jack on it if you have to. Work your way up from the point where you can do five sets of five with good technique.

my coworker was telling me about how he squats 385lbs now and it kinda made me mad.

are women really this much weaker than men? should i get a fitness trainer?

i want to lift more weight and get bigger legs but this is taking forever and i'm getting like nowhere

>are women really this much weaker than men?
yes you fucking idiot

You're getting nowhere because you're trying to lift too heavy too fast. Stick to what you can do 3 sets of 5 reps of and increase weight by 5-10lbs each session. That's a gain of 15-30 lbs a week assuming youre eating and resting enough.

>i want to lift more weight and get bigger legs but this is taking forever and i'm getting like nowhere
That's because you're messing with your technique. I doesn't matter how weak you are.

do not compare your lifts to men. men are stronger, get stronger faster, and have higher limits.

if you're going to react emotionally to your progress then yea maybe you need a trainer to keep your shit in check.

i bought microplates to halve the increases as 5lbs each time was too much. now i'm increasing weight by 2.5lbs each time i complete a squat day, which is twice a week. so i'm gaining at most 5lbs a week, and i've already deloaded maybe 5 times. each times i can't finish my sets, i reduce weight by 90% and start over again.

i was able to do a heavy single of 115lbs a couple weeks ago, but couldn't manage 5 reps at 100lbs.

"messing with my techinique?"

okay. what would a trainer do for me? how could they get me lifting more?

a trainer is for people who seriously ask questions like "can't i just do 25 sets of 1 rep if i fail a 5x5?"

yeah i'm still waiting for someone to tell me why it's a bad idea to do 25x1. my guess is no one who's posted yet really knows.

Back off in weight, raise the volume, work your way back up, whine less.

No, they are totally different concepts.

If you do 25 reps and you find the 25th hard, you'll need to do 5x25 to achieve the same as 5x5, except its still worse than 5x5.

This is some nice bait not gonna lie

the point of sets is to push yourself to the point of fatigue, rest as long as needed, and then do it again. if you can't complete even the first set, then you need to deload. if you fail the last set, then you try it again on your next workout.

if you're doing 25 sets of 1 single rep, you are probably not even fatigued for the first 15 of them, and you're wasting a shitload of time resting.

what??

fine. i'll just get back to squatting.

Seriously deload to what's comfy for 3x5 (perhaps about 80lbs) and do that three times a week. Make sure youre getting enough sleep and calories. Increase weight 5lbs Each workout. Stop getting all emotional over it. Stop deloading by 90%, deload 20% at most, and only if you fail to increase the weight for a week.

>whine less
seriously this. if you're committed to strength training, then spend more time reading, listening and doing it than time questioning the fucking basics.

Also, fix your form.

oh sorry. when i said 90% i meant that i'm multiplying the weight i failed at by .9

so when i failed at 102.5 i went down to 90lbs.

fix it how

>nobody ever reads me
:(

Tfw ;_;

You don't need to worry about set paced increases. Like I said, do 5x5 at a point where you can do them and keep doing them until you're comfortable adding, then add. When you've built a strength foundation where you're comfortable, you can do set paced increments. Don't pussy out because you're tripping over basic noob mistakes.

>girl
>on 5chin
How big is your benis?

Where can I get a PDF? Please and thanks.

most people can't read honestly

Mark wants to breed my asshole after I've made it thicc and juicy for him. He'll slam me hard and hit me with his pingpong paddle and call me milkboi. In fact, Mark wants a legion of skinnyfat losers with REALLY THICC AND TRAINED LEGGS N ASS and make it the new beauty standard, so he can beat off to action movies where everyone has really lame upper bodies but THOROUGHBRED LEGS N ASS. HE'S GOTTA HAVE MASSIVE ASS WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Your special, aren't you? Trying to do your 1rm for reps, pure brilliance.
Lower the weight until you only struggle on the later sets, add five lbs the next week, rinse and repeat.

> this retard thinks you are only allowed to do singles at 1RM weights

You deserve to have your head chopped off

>5 reps are so hard. i'm like out of breath after rep 2 and my form generally breaks down pretty hard by rep 5. first rep is always beautiful, but by the end of each set i'm feeling like i should deload.
user, what does this sound like to you? Sounds to me like he's trying to do his 1rm for reps.

Unfortunately, there's nothing that I could do to you that nature already hasn't.