Redpill me on Texas Method

Redpill me on Texas Method.

it exists

It's the method they use in Texas

It's my ex that left me for meth

Dogshit. Do HIT/Mentzer or classic Nautilus training instead

Texas method is for steers and queers

its called method in texas haha

Suboptimal if you are not a young guy that can spend a lot of time in the gym and eats like a maniac.

when i looked it up, i didnt like the lack of barbell rows, so i think ill stick with madcow 5x5

>I can’t work out because I’m old
Pussy

hop on TRT, grandpa

doing it right now. Squat's are progressing pretty well after 6 weeks.
added in some arms stuff and rows instead of cleans because I don't have anyone to teach me and I'm in texas not snap city

is this a milk truck

Ridiculously low volume, Rippetoad also suggest not adding anything to it besides some arm work on Monday if you want

Texas is a filthy state. Wishes it was Midwest, but it's not. They compensate by stealing our frontier culture and acting like cowboys, but they're redneck retards. Real cowboys drove cattle across many states. Texas is a failed republic, and traitorous to America. Dogs.

5/3/1 is working better for me

it's a milk van, not quite a truck

I can't recommend the fierce five routine enough. It's not retarded like SS or some shit. The guy that created it is fairly yoked too, doesnt look like a fat ass, and he is natty. It has a three day full body routine, a 4 day upper lower, and a 5 day upper/lower PPL hybrid you can chose from

Does anyone have the milk truck green text?

>the milk truck
Like that you mean?

Texans are faggots. Don't do it.

its a low volume beginner program for fucking high schoolers and it only focuses on the big three and stacks them all in the same day

its for after ss dude

It's pretty good for squatting and complete dogshit for everything else. It's almost like it was born out of a squat specialization routine for intermediate olympic weightlifters or something, woah.
You can use any number of templates which you can find in Practical Programming for strength training which will improve it.
The only real way to know if you will make progress off of it is to try it for yourself (I hope you keep a training log, because that will be invaluable for looking at how your year went/what worked for you and what preceded what worked for you)

>people have to quit doing starting strength because the stress caused by the 3x5 is no longer enough to elicit an adaptation to progress
>therefore we should actually lessen the weekly volume instead of working on improving work capacity/doing more volume to elicit a training response

>5x5 one day
>3x5 one day
>1x5 one day
all with long warmups.
>less volume

Good for beginners. Lacks volume for more advanced lifters

I did TM for 6 months, overall I found that I would get stuck in a rut when it came time to set new 5RMs. Like I would get to the end of the week and feel like the reps weren't clean enough or it didn't feel good. I had a lot of Friday sessions were I just seemed to fail at 3-4 reps and would have to repeat the same cycle. I also hated doing squats and deadlift on mondays. The squat volume and intensity were so high that my deadlift would really suffer. I know Rip says that's gonna happen but I hated seeing my deadlift never progress. In the end I ditched it for 5/3/1 which was a vast improvement. My recommendation would be to do a 4 day split and put deadlift on a separate day, even if that's the only thing you do on that day I think it's worth it.

pretty quick intermediate gains for squat bench and ohp, but deadlift pretty much goes nowhere
frequency of squats can take a toll on knees so be sure to get enough rest/food