Things that annoy you in the gym

>guys screaming before/after a lift
>guys leaving their shit all over like wraps, shakers, belts
>some fag using the light dumbbells directly in front of the heavy dumbbells so no one can get to them
>gymthots with their visible ass crack in my face
>underage girls dressed in gymthot attire (makes me uncomfortable)
>old dudes staring at me
>thots that think I'm looking at them when I'm not
>not being able to take my phone out to record my pr because the aforementioned thot will think I'm taking a pic of her ass
>fags that take the locker right next to me when the changing room is empty
>naked guys in the changing room that are naked for an unnecessary amount of time
>unsolicited advice

any else?

Where do you work out?
America?

>>some fag using the light dumbbells directly in front of the heavy dumbbells so no one can get to them
>implying you'd use them

>im the smolest guy at the gym
>why cant people follow the rules that have been put up by the entrance rules are rules after all??
>i do the heavy
>and im not a pedo btw
>could old guys stop ogling me
>thots think im ogling them
>btw im smashing PR after PR
>why do people have to breathe the same air as me its mine
>meeeeee why cant everyone be like meeeeee
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

people who look like shit and pretend they lift for strength but don't even compete

>slamming low weights on the ground

Settle down there hulk.

People using Smiths machine for curls.
'gang' of skeleton tern boys with terrible form, bench pressing the weigh a normal person lifts with one hand.

Hey man, my buddy only touched a barbell for the first time in his life 4 weeks ago, and I'm not changing weight a hundred times just to do a mediocre volume set anyway.

>be me
>go to a Irish gym
>everybody white like snow
Black gangster rap, ungo bango jungle music blasting.

Yeah I could do without the Skelly Boi Gang too

gotta start somewhere mate.

i never understood your kind of attitude.

>Taking up a valuable bench and rack while only using the empty bar for each of their "stronglifts"
it's me btw I can feel the hate

Me

Not him but I agree with him. I wouldn't mind if there was like one or two skelly teens bench pressing, more power to them, it's just annoying when there's swathes of them just idling around the same bench because they're insecure about doing anything on their own.

op here, forgot to add

>groups of 6+ teenage boys using one piece of equipment, therefore no one else can use it for an hour
>fags leaving multiple plates on the bar with clips
>fags during busy periods taking up a precious squat rack doing one set every half a hour, normally strengthfags are the main culprit for this
>anyone doing unconventional exercise in the weight room, hundreds of pounds getting lifted everywhere and you're doing the call on me dance routine in the middle, its dangerous
>anyone taking up large amounts of equipment, brb squat rack, barbell, bench, 2 sets of dumbbells and supersetting everything with 2 different machines

The issue isn't that they want to improve themselves but because you have a bunch bad forms lanklets that cannot potentially improve because they keep giving each other bad advice and Instagram routines.

Barbell flies.

>the end of the day, i have respect for anyone who wants to make a change for themselves and start training and improving their body and health. In my opinion, the gym/training/dieting lifestyle is by far the most fun and rewarding way to live your life. The people that laugh at the overweight/obese people in the gym are a disgrace, i applaud them for having the courage and determination to train and want to make a change for themselves despite the obvious hardships they would face. At the end of the day, its all up to how much you want it yourself. Some people dont care that much and are happy with their bodies and its not a big issue for them, good for them, but for anyone to take the piss out of and ridicule anyone trying their best to lose weight/gain muscle and make a change for themselves

how do you even learn good form? theres so many contradicting sources out there.

i always wonder if im demonstrating awful form when i do weights, i figure it doesnt matter as at least im building muscle.

Basically what Athlean-X says is right 99% of the time. He's one of a very select few that knows what he's talking about. Form doesn't matter that much unless you have very incorrect form. It's mostly just common sense once you get into it.

I pay attention to exactly one thing in the gym: what I'm doing.

You're a piece of shit for being so unfocused. You're not going to make it, sibling.

dont know how much you lift but once you get to heavier weights you'll find out you have bad form by getting injuries. I only realised I've been benching wrong all this time when I got to 2+pl8s and fucked up my shoulder, then fucked up my other shoulder, had to switch to dumbbells for months and essentially relearn how to bench press from scratch.

only three things annoy me
>slamming weights with emphasis
>not reracking
>impatient Indians doing retarded number of reps in their sets

other than that, I'm good.

Who are you quoting and what kind of shitty reddit pasta is this.

>people that don't put the weights back on the rack or put them back in the wrong place

>home gym masterrace

You sound female

guys smaller than me that try to correct my form
my gains are enough to prove the way i do it is better fag, i only take advice if it's from the only bigger dude who is also the gym owner

only two things stop me from laying down money for a home gym

1) if I have a heart attack, faint and hit my head, stroke or whatever I'm only going to be found when my body decomposes enough to the point my neighbors smell it

2)Gym is the only outside "socialization" I get apart from work

>reddit
>who
underage

>doesn't know how to match plates when reracking
>needs the 10 lb plate under the 45 plate? just toss the 45 plate on the ground, take the 10 lb plate and leave

There's this guy who stares and does what I do at the same time. Yes I know it's a mirror and mirrors need to end.

go lift for 2 and half hours and have a pump so strong you cant move your arm and are forced to drop the dumbbell fucking twink

you're going to the wrong gym if only the owner is bigger then you

>groups of 6+ teenage boys using one piece of equipment, therefore no one else can use it for an hour

Would you feel better if it was 3 seperate groups of professional powerlifters and their coaches using one piece of equipment therefore 'noone else can use it for an hour?'

someone is using it. use something else. if your gym only has one squat rack and one bench, the 6 teenage boys are not the problem.

>go to gym
>all squat racks taken
>that's ok, go back upstairs and do a light warmup
>youngbro comes up and politely tells me the squat rack is free now
>whataniceyoungman.jpg
>go downstairs
>someone else has taken the squat rack in the minute it took youngbro to come upstairs
>thats fine, because i'm not an entitled fuckwit and we all pay the gym fee
>other squat rack becomes free in 5 mins
>workout like normal

>going to the gym and working hard
>fedora

bitch, how?

>People congregating to talk in random areas right in the way
>old guys who stare at me
>girls who stare at me
For once I’d like to lift without feeling like people are watching me because I’m not using normie weight.

Only thing that really annoys me is one guy throwing the plates from barbell instead of putting them down when someone who used them before didn't put down the plates. Makes so much noise that is very deconcentrating.
Other than that the pair with kid is distracting, they are always watching after the kid but I'm still tense because there could be a chance that kid does something irresponsible.
Minor annoyance is when I explain to someone how to spot me and they still touch the bar too early.

>MMA fags shadowboxing and doing cable machine punches
>these two fat chicks who spend 20 minutes on the leg press doing 51248912 reps with the lowest weight whilst chatting the entire time
>people standing really close to the the pec fly machine
>people doing all kinds of bodyweight shit in the middle of the gym floor instead of the designated area
>girls wearing nothing but tiny shorts and a sports bra even though gym is freezing cold (they leave AC blasting in the middle of winter)
>people that ask for a spot and expect me to keep rowing the bar off their chest because they want "1 MORE, 1 MORE" even though I had to help them on the previous rep
>people that act shitty because I politely refuse to spot their squats, THERE'S RACKS EVERYWHERE AND HAVING A SINGLE SPOTTER ON SQUATS IS RETARDED

The punching bag, I fucking hate whenever someone touches that thing.

We lost the bag at my gym. Some fuckface decided to go super saiyan on it and slammed his elbow at 5000mph into a little girl's nose.

What the fuck is up with old people? Why do they keep staring??? Leave me alone

They have eyeballs and those eyeballs gotta be pointed at something. Might as well be you, coward.

>old naked men in locker room
>the wannabe powerlifters that use 3-4 of the 5 barbells for their infinite sets of 1pl8 deadlifts
>the 80 year old man in the squat rack doing light squats for over an hour

that being said, respect for the old man working out, i'm just pissed because i didn't get to train legs today because of these fucking peope.

>People who wear basketball shorts to the gym
>People who have to sip water in between sets
>People who offer advice when someones form is off

>people who give me funny looks when I'm lift heavy ass weight and let out a scream of excitement

That girl that starts going three years after you, then looks at you like you’re an animal for ko reason
That same woman who talks to the gym class instructor and gets YOUR class time changed because she’s not comfortable

I am the first two.

The library

>that guy that passes kidney stones in the locker room
>when the gym rapist leaves blood on the floor
>when the dark shadow people start changing onto

>gymthots with their visible ass crack in my face

I don't mind because it's the closest I get to female attention

>People using Smiths machine for curls.

How the fuck do you do this??? Its a fixed position bar how do you curl that wtf??

>When dudes fart in the locker room with their friends not giving a shit about other people
>When people act like a gym celebrity and talk to literally everyone while they work out
>When dudes walk around with their arms pumped out way farther than they realistically should
>When retarded older women use the bench for stepping stool exercises
>When you try to leave a certain gym but they require a handwritten letter, an in-person confirmation, an eyeball from a nematoad, the claw from the foot of a great wyrm and the blood of your first born child in order for them to stop charging you

Takes a lot of core strength.
You hold the bar in a curl position, then curl but instead of the bar moving, you move.

That chubby guy who walks slow speed on a treadmill for over a hour doesn't even break a sweat and rewards himself with a litter of chocolate milk.

Often teenage girls. They put much more effort into their gym clothes than the actual workout.

There's an old geezer at my gym who lays down his towel on one of the two flat benches and proceeds to do fucking crunches on the bench for an hour.

Smith machine part 2. Maybe not that bad but it seems to be a setup for a death trap. Bench press in a Smith machine on a decline bench. If you already have problem lifting the weight why would you make it harder by getting your head and chest even lower?

i laughed at this. well done

There's this one old dude that always seems to be at the gym around the different times that I'm there. He smells like piss and always manages to workout either near me, or have to pass by me several times. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I am that old man and I am his dream?

>The Massive Ego of certain people

A lot of men seem to think that lifting will make you Alpha or something. If you still aren't socially confident lifting will just make you a big muscly bitch. Also the most powerful people in the world aren't spending hours at the gym.

>they require a handwritten letter, an in-person confirmation, an eyeball from a nematoad, the claw from the foot of a great wyrm and the blood of your first born child in order for them to stop charging you

just go to your bank and get them to cancel the direct-debit

only gym around and people here either dont know shit about nutrition/are afraid to bulk/have shit genetics/perform only meme exercises. even the gym owner is a simpleton but he has 30 years of bodybuilding and performance enhancing drugs

>this muslim guy did 3 biceps exercises in a row and started doing noises
>there's this fucker that doesnt unrack and makes me think the equipment is being used

N_ggers

Naggers are pretty annoying. Just let me work out bitch, you're not my mom.

lady trainer who trains no less than 2 but more often 5 people doing stupid circuit shit.
This wouldn't bother me at all, but she does it right in the walking path between the drinking fountain and the free weights so you have to detour a narrow path between machines and cardio stuff.

Tf is wrong with drinking water lol

Fucking kek. So many Arabs at my gym do nothing but curls

I've been using dumbbells to bench and work on my stabilizing muscles. Is this a good way to help perfect form?

>people sitting with their phones in between sets
Fine if you're listening to music on your phone and want to change song, but if you're doing anything else on you're phone while working out you should have a bullet in the fucking head.
>when the gyms shit music is so fucking loud it goes through my headphones.
>not being able to take my phone out to record my pr
Why do you feel the need to record your PR's? People did perfectly fine before smartphones.

>10 years later
>knock knock
>whos there
>24 hour fitness repossession squad, you owe us 90090919 dollars for late dues

>dumbbells not being put back correctly so you have to put yours back in any available slots
>the barbell has rust and shit that sticks to your hand
>that water from the fountain tastes like pure chlorine
>the tvs are on fucking foodnetwork
>cardio shit like treadmills makes belligerent beeps when you press a button
>some guy doesnt know his (((shorts))) are boxer briefs and wears them once a week

The guy who works out wearing knee high rubber boots is more funny than annoying.

The only things that really annoy me are:
>Assholes not bothering to re-rack weights
>Stupid idiots playing music on their phone speakers.

I cannot wait until I'm big enough to feel comfortable calling people out for those two things.

The gym casual, fatty or otherwise out of shape waste of space who won't let you work in because they "still have 3 sets left."

Fuck this pisses me off so much, legit the biggest guy at the gym will always let you work in....but the casual lifter, never.

>>some guy doesn't know his (((shorts))) are boxer briefs and wears them once a week

He knows

>People who sit on their phone while their buddy works out
>people who hover around you when you are doing reps, waiting to do the machine
>people dressed in casual attire (I.e. kahkis and a button down)
>people that lift more than they can, fail, call someone over to help them, then keep doing the same weight, and you guessed it, fail again

post vid of your form you shitter

>gym celebrities talking to everyone

goddamn this happens all the time at the military gym, all these retired guys who've been going there for probably a decade+ never shut the fuck up, they are always cracking up about something. Lejuene btw

There's this one lady in particular which annoys me:
>boob job
>bleached blonde hair
>tramp stamp
>smallest sports-bra
>sings to herself
>takes selfies while pushing 10kg total in a legpress

> Old guys staring
This shit is weird...I haven't even made it, just the only person in this damned hellscape of a gym that attempts anything that resembles real lifting.

Unless it's a Crossfit gym. you're not there to socialize.

My gym has a water fountain. I never bring my own water because I don't need to. Between exercises, I often walk over and take a drink. It's my rest period.

Tell me more about how to live my life, user

Are you me? The bitch hogs the only 2 power racks, last week they were doing resistance band....'deaydlifts'...in the power rack. That rack is the only reason I go to the gym! I wouldn't mind if they were actually using the equipment the right way.

>older women use the bench for stepping stool exercises

kek

What are you supposed to wear?

>Missing the point this badly

>Coming in early on a Saturday morning to find dumbbells and plates all over the gym.
>Someone has been stealing collars (clips?) and there are more olympic bars than collars for them.
>There's one guy who takes two oly bars and alternates squats and deadlifts with poor form.
>And of course people not cleaning up after themselves.

form on what you fucking nigger
i only do isolations and curls. that makes it worse when some fag nerd comes and acts like what he saw on the internet is the absolute truth and like i dont know my own body

>tfw get weird looks for sorting the dumbbells because the fucking 55's are next to the 20s and the 15s are somewhere over by the dusty heavy shit no one ever uses

I'm actually amazed that this is such a relatable phenomenon

t. skelly bench boi. In high school my friends would go to the YMCA 4+ at a time and work in on a single bench and just talk constantly

This is the shit I'm afraid of, like wtf is bench form

>go super saiyan on it
>hit a little girl
How? What was a little girl doing in the gym anyway?

high quality
>rowing the bar off their chest

>happened once with a guy who asked me to spot 2.5plates. I told him I was uncomfortable trying to spot that much and he assured me it would be fine and he wouldn't really fuck up. Well he needed help on the first rep and as I tried to put it back in the rack he pulls down and goes for 2, this time the help I did was substantial, as I heave it into the rack he yanks it down to his chest
>think to myself "idk if I can lift this again" and it takes the two us straining and wiggling the bar upwards for 5 seconds before I can get it safely into the lowest pins

People who are doing the same routine as me (taking up my space) and at lighter weights as well

People using the bench, squat rack, and not doing at least their body weight. If I owned a gym you'd be kicked out for that. 1 set warmup at a lighter weight or drop sets is an exception

People who take their shoes and socks off

People who leave their gym bags or whatever on the gym floor instead of the locker room

People who wear caps inside while lifting or whatever. It's fucking against the ancient man code to cover your head inside.

At my university gym no one is ever loud or disrespectful, always willing to let you work in, only problem I’ve had was some meatheads were hogging the preacher just talking but I asked if they were using it and it didn’t take long for them to finish after that. Good gym times :)

Me and my friemd hs would do nothing but supersets of bench press. We would start at 45 and go all the way down to the bar doing reps of like 20.

I use the cage for ohp, they dont allow cleans...

back when i was still using planet fitness, there’d be this after school program gang of black skellies who would use the squat rack like a jungle gym and stand around curling 5lb weights and flexing their chicken wings in the mirror