How do I stop drinking

How do I stop drinking

It's really simple user. You literally don't have to do anything. You just don't drink.

What do I replace it with?

Check'd

I stopped drinking after I stopped eating.

find something better to do with your time. back in september/october I used to binge drink every weekend and drink a few beers after work everyday but now I barely drink because I lift after work instead of at lunch and hike on weekends with buddies and girls I used to know from the bar/random hookups. Lots of people only drink because its "something to do" so find other cool shit to do with your friends.

I would also recommend easing off of booze instead of going cold turkey, because then you are less likely to relapse when shit goes wrong or u cant find anything to do. You dont need to go cold turkey either, thats dumb. You can still crack a few beers when your out fishing or whatever as long as you arent dumb about it.

continued...

hardest part of stopping for me was actually talking to girls at the bar but once you get used to flirting when you are sober you dont need alcohol to lower your inhibitions or build your confidence.

>get glass of beer
>drink all
>no more beer
done lol

I dunno man. I was starting to develop a habit of drinking every night, but I just stopped one day because I realized that it really isn't that much fun. Not enough to justify the costs. Just jerk off or watch a movie or something.

One day at a time

This. It just feels lame. One option was getting harder things, but I don't want to risk jail time so I just stopped drinking it and went on a jog when bored.

it's too late for you

Focus on your goals user. Once you realize drinking may be holding you back from your goals in the gym and life in general, it's very easy to stop. That's what stopped me from drinking all the time

Focus on not buying drinks.

If it's your social circle that also all drink, you'll likely lose them user. I haven't drank for years, and all my friends in my teens are either casual drinkers now or dead from escalation into drug use. I got out just before hard drugs were introduced into that friend circle and I'm so glad I did. It's also harder to go clubbing etc sober, pubs are fine, but in Bongland they're used to talk, discuss, watch football and sport, eat, have a few jars or they're used as a warm-up to clubs.

Your health

What kind of hard drugs were they getting into?

>how do I not do thing?
don't do thing

When you feel like drinking buy the worst possible crap and force yourself to drink it.
Alternatively you can only buy drinks that are so expensive you won't dare to drink large amounts.

Dunno, complete sobriety never worked for me.
I went cold turkey a while back and was completely sober for 2 months, the whole experience was pretty miserable.
All I really needed was balance in my life, so now I drink like 1-2 low-alcohol beers a day and no more, I haven't been drunk in a very long time.

You replace it with focusing on your breathing. Never stop thinking about your breathing. Dream about breathing. Tell others to breathe. Breathe. When you're in the shower, inhale and exhale breaths. When you're walking, take a shit on the sidewalk and focus on breathing while straining. When your feces is peeking out of your anus and withdrawing like a shy turtle, remember you are breathing. When you're kneeling against your bed, elbows up in a prayer pose while holding in your doodie because it feels good and stimulates the prostate, making you gay, remember to breathe.

Spent every day that I don't have to do something the next day getting black out drunk that night. Basically repressed all my emotions for 5 years now. Waking up and spending the day hungover while your body is reeling seemed to keep me from being able to be think clearly enough to be depressed. Trying to stop the past few weeks has made major improvements physically, but my mental health is taking a dive. Suicidal thoughts like crazy. I can't really say one is better than the other. I have not been able to find anything that comforts me like a bottle of vodka.

>can’t wake up without 300mg of caffeine
>can’t go to sleep without 4 beers
help

Cut down the caffeine intake and look into some natural sleep aids. You'll sleep better as a result of both

Water
Whenever you feel the craving to drink, drink 4 glasses of water. Force that shit down EVERY time, make it a rule, just like you made it a rule that you have to work out. Make that shit a rule, and eventually you'll stop wanting to drink because you have to go through 4 glasses of water first.

Stick to it, 4 glasses of water before EVERY drink. That's how I quit soda for good.

>I can’t wake up with this amount of caffeine please help
>lmao just not take that much problem solved

First step.
Empty out all your alcohol.
Second step, don't buy any more.
Third step, and I don't know what to do if you can't do this, but tell your significant other who you live with to help stop you from buying more.

I went from drinking two or more bottles of wine every night before bed to drinking once a week with my fiancee by following those steps.
With her moral support and constant presence it was the easiest time I ever quit drinking, despite me drinking over double what I did previous times I quit.

Another good idea is to write down every reason you can think of to stop drinking, and look at it every morning and whenever you feel like drinking.
-Don't want to die a horrible painful death
-Don't want to get early dementia
-Want to perform better at work and at the gym
-Want to stop my family worrying about me
etc etc

Non alcoholic beer, soda, coffee, or water.
Basically anything that doesn't have alcohol.
Just having something to sip on by your side that isn't alcohol actually helps a lot

It's good to switch your schedule up.
Make sure you're busy at night times since that's probably when you drink.
Do something to distract yourself from the cravings such as going to the gym.
If that doesn't work then simply go to bed right after dinner and wake up early instead.
Easier to sleep through cravings hell than shitpost on Veeky Forums through it.