What is "wasting your youth"?

What is "wasting your youth"?

Posting on Veeky Forums

not finding a wife when you're in school who will be your first and only lover
everybody else is just coping

fuck

Smoking cigarettes and masturbating

smoking weed and beating your meat

My parents keeping me under lock and key for all of my childhood then proceeding to kick me out and disown me the day I turned 18.
>t. 23 and just getting started with life, but still homeless.

wasting countless nights hoping a gf will just pop out of nowhere

Spbp

basically what ive been doing from 19-22 now, isolating myself, turning down social invitations, just playing video games, watching movies/tv shows.

existence

Liberal arts degree

you got this, 23 is still very early and realistically if youre genuinely into health and fitness you'll be feeling/looking better than the average 20 year old well into your 30s, you've got time make the most of it

fpbp

Wasting time not having fun at the gym

if you enjoy it and truly have fun working out then by all means. But if you are lifting to try to appeal to others besides yourself, You're wasting your time and life. Go have fun

me

Posting in threads like this and wasting your present regretting your past instead of doing something with it.

Doing things other than haning out with your friends and fucking as many girls as you can.

Literally me, even down to the age. I just started working out again and saw friends I haven't seen in two years so I guess it's a start? I feel like I'm just posting here to whittle the time away, but I'm not really sure until what. Either way it's part of the reason I even ended up this way. I wish I was a normie that thought Veeky Forums was "le hacker xD dark webz" and stayed away

borra esto

nice definition

I've been getting high for a year stright. Lost my job, my gf, live in my parents house and I'm 26.

Been going on for a little over a year. Probably as close as you get I suppose

Wasting your youth is having a life that is composed mostly of activities that don't give you useful knowledge/skills for the future, with the ultimate goal of happines, which is achieved via having money+health+love+purpose.

Some things are very easily defined.
Learning a practical skill like smithing, welding, soldering, sewing, circuitry, coding, cooking, lets you do any of those things, which may either help you on your daily life or your job.
Joining a certain society can give you leverage through aquintances.
Dating can give you experience dealing with and understanding people.
Learning a second language can give you access to certain knowledge/people/media.
Having a good physique makes you atractive, healthier, and more likely to be succesful.
Getting good at drawing

Others are harder to see, of lesser usefulnes:
Playing (non shitty) videogames can help you train your brain on learning information and problem solving. Also can help you socially if you play it with a set group of people.
Reading and watching movies can help you understand the world better and question things.
Playing an instrument can help you socially and mentally.
Note that these lesser things can also help you stay happy, which is important.

Finally there are things that are not productive at all and should remain mostly for relaxation.
Doing nothing
Watching garbage low quality TV
Playing repetitive simple games alone
Masturbating
Most things related to most social sciences

Then there are things that are just negative.
Not interacting with anyone socially
Eating in excess
Socially acceptable drugs
Hardcore drugs
Not exercising at all
Gambling
Smoking
Joining some sort of weird ideological cult

who is this girl brehs

> Either way its part of the reason I even ended up this way. I wish I was a normie that thought Veeky Forums was le hacker xD dark webz" and stayed away

DELETE THIS

I was so worried about wasting my youth that I got hit with analysis-paralysis. I didn't commit to doing anything because I didn't want to waste my youth and now I've wasted my youth.

Doing things you can do when you're older when you're young.

Doing absolutely anything while not being swole.
Everything is entertaining and worthwhile when you're swole.
Debate me, straight men.

fpbp

nothing to debate, ur right

Delete this

same here, user

delet right now

Failing to do things that either further you as a person or bring you joy is failing in my book.

>bring joy
If childhood is not full suffering you never grow up to be the best of yourself. on other words you waste your youth.

Never befriend a person who hasn't been hit by life once.

its only been 2 years for you since you didnt see your friends???
>what a newfag
I have been friendless ever since I started Veeky Forums which is about 8 years ago.
When I first started Veeky Forums I read a post by some guy who warned everyone of the site that It will ruin their lives.
8 years later look where I am now.
no friends. no job. have a girlfriend but she's a spineless maggot, good looking though i guess, and rich parents.
Im working on my college degree and hope to be in the job market by the time im 30.
The jobs im trying to get into are pretty decent as about 50% of the people in it earn 300k or more.
So did I waste my youth?
>perhaps, but it wasnt that good to start with anyways.

Will I have a good run when im older?
>Probably, im not promised anything at this point.

>tfw getting married this year to my first and only over I met in high school and whose virginity I took and vice versa

/thread

Not doing anything.

So long as you're doing something, you're fine. Be it being a computer nerd, bookworm, constantly goofing around outside, stamp collecting whatever the fuck.

The question is, are you now doing something that is harder or easier because of the things you did or didn't do when you were young and are you okay with how it's going.

Video fucking games

>Absolute and complete waste of time
>Will fuck your back up
>Will fuck your flexibility up
>Will kill your social skills/make not develop any at all
>Will make you dumber short term

It's literally pointless and the easiest reality escape you can get access to starting at a very young age.

I've lost soooooooooo many hours thinking it was ok, its just a part of me, I love vidya...how wrong I was fucking hell, but anyways I have a big problem with obsessive compulsive behaviour so maybe its just me

Very good post.

Disagree with the order of many of these
>reading and watching movies
if good quality books and movies, is not less useful than
>getting good at drawing
maybe I' missing something obvious here but why would that be a top-tier thing to learn and not just a hobby like writing or playing an instrument

Also not sure what you're getting at with studying the "social sciences"being for "relaxation". So studying linguistics or economics is unproductive and just for relaxation? I think the point about the social sciences is that you have to self-teach them, because you can't rely on getting a decent university education on them, (though there are exceptions, like linguistics, which is a great academic field). Important not to throw the baby out with the bathwater

Not ragging on you though, this is a great post overall and I'm glad you took the time to type it out. Just nitpicking about some specifics.

wish i had social invitations to decline.
suggest you start making use of them.

21 and a bit. Broke off 90% of social interactions, Still go out maybe once every week, either only go if it's at a decent bar in the city, or coffee and lunch with friend. To fill up all the spare time Mostly writing (trying to get a novel down) and lifting to fill spare time. Work full time, saving everything. I think I've skipped the youth part of getting fucked every weekend, but then again isn't that a bigger waste?

>he gets invitations
fuck you bro I would die for that shit

Not having a ton of sex basically

physically cringed at reading this

smoking weed really makes you a cuckold huh

Try only starting life at 27, only now at 30 am I seeing some gains in terms of relationships, having my first car, having money at all but thinking of myself as an adult is still laughable.

My life from about 11 to 25 was watching anime, browsing the internet and playing video games. I only started lifting at 17 because one of my friends forced me to go with him. I quit 5 months later. Parents never forced me to do anything so I just went with the flow. I was a decent student and finished high school, entered college and that's when things got ugly. Basically became a hikkineet and played mmorpgs all day thinking one day I might become a pro player at some MOBA.

I neglected all aspects of life but it wasn't even consciously, I just didn't know any better than vidya and anime. Never had anyone direct me or give a hand, always alone.

So yeah you still have plenty of time to turn things around if you're in your early 20s, no worries.

looking back everything is so easy until college, but i throw all my time in vidya.
some kind of "make it" now but i see is whore and trick,fml

You can't save time. Why would you be able to waste it?

you cant "save" time, only "spend" time. And spend time to retard shits mean "waste" time

I have girl friends who thinks this too.

That time when I was 16 and spent summer break sitting naked on a towel playing WoW for over 16 hours a day

el ogro de las americas
disgusting mutt

good lad

That's only a girl thing. They have bioclocks while men age like wine. We've all had dark times lads, but the dawn is coming.

Pretty much. Feels great though

left looks like the blacked girl but younger

Is this a feels attempt? Like a full on incel insurrection?

everyone is absolutely disgustingly cruel to me and i'm a 27 year old virgin, so why bother doing anything. it won't change shit.

des pa cito...

>Not productive
>social sciences
In my countries social science includes law and economics, you sure those are included in the "not productive studying" list?

Great way to get divorced at 25

/thread

being a NEET

You sound like the kind of person that turns alcoholic at 35

Having depression since early childhood and parents that do nothing about it (and punish you for your symptoms).
Only now getting meds and support at 24. It's been though but hopefully I still have time to live my life fully.

not fucking tons of sluts

BORRAD ESTO DE INMEDIATO TIO

DELET THIS