The Great Debate

The Great Debate.

full body training for linear progress split for more advanced lifters

not a debate cus ur a fuckin retard if u dont do both in ur career of moving metal up down

defs switch between the two every 4 months or so to shock the body. Pair that with full-time work as an aussie plumber in our 40+ degree celsius heat and you got me lookin all lean, tanned and chad-esque brah

Pretty much depends on your experience level no? Split is good once you're able to push yourself to such extent that you actually need those days to recover.

If you're a beginner, you do FB to get everything at once since you're not going to be able to push yourself to the kind of limit that are more experienced person is ( without risking significant injury ).

>tfw having to drive stick after Left day

>working out a muscle once a week
Enjoy your no gains. Should have been a debate between full body MWF vs PPLPPLx

There is no debate, do what keeps you happy and gives you results.
Sub-optimal routines that you can stick to for years are better than optimal routines that are a fucking chore.

depends if you're juicing

>being a DYEL is better than making it because being a DYEL is easy
Not gonna make it. Fuck off, DYEL.

both are great, if you do a good routine
i just got so bored of full body, ppl is so much more fun
just do which ever but make sure you are working each muscle group well enough

>muricans

You have to keep inventing new ways to shock the body.

I'm going to own a gym one day, no women allowed. It will be called guy heaven.

Fpbp also /thread

I did full when I first started lifting, became a pain in the ass doing really long sessions and got boring, split all my training up now and I'm enjoying it much more being able to focus on one muscle group at a time

I do full body because i love being in the gym as long as possible.
Only place where i feel like i have control over my life.

Lol I do PPL once a week and I’m making better gains than when I was on an upper lower split

Post pics elsewise you're a LARPing faggot spouting shitty advice
>inb4 you don't

I’ll save you the trouble. I’m a dyel and after about 8 months of fierce 5 novice I hopped into fierce 5 intermediate for around 4 months where my arms didn’t grow at all(literally nothing). I switched to my own PPL where I’m hitting each muscle every 5 days PPxLx and taking an extra rest day whenever I need it. In a month and a half I’ve basically made the same amount of gains I made on my upper lower in less than half the time plus my arms have grown half an inch. The difference is I can focus on each muscle better, I’m doing something that makes sense to me and is aligned with my goals and most importantly I’m having fun.

TLDR; fuck meme routines

Meh I do a full body training because I'll never know when I can workout in the gym due to by schedules, so everything I hit the gym I'll just workout where I left, if I were to do a split training, there may be a chance I will hit the same body parts twice while neglecting the others.
>tfw no 24 hour gym
>tfw gym staffs are a bunch of lazy muslims that open the gym at 10am so can't workout in the morning

>tfw the thought of doing split training and missing a day literally terrifies me so i never do it
i feel you famalam

literally go on word and write out an exercise routine for each day its what I did

>no progression
>no percentage on tonnage
>just write random stuffs and expect to make it
kys

Haha fucking DYEL, if you unironically follow someone elses program you are a NYR kike who would be better of injecting T and not bother exercising, if you aren't competent enough to make a routine your probably from an African country

full body training is retarded for nonbeginners.

Is this why mike tuchscherer recommends full body for advance lifters too?

>You have to keep inventing new ways to shock the body.
>
>I'm going to own a gym one day, no women allowed. It will be called gay heaven.

Ftfy

Full upper body training and squats to warm up

>only 3 training sessions per week
Not going to make it

7 weeks of low rep fullbody
1 week of rest
8 weeks of 8-10 rep split
>A: chest back shoulders
>B: legs bi tri
1 week rest
4 weeks of 12-15 rep split
>A: chest back
>B: legs abs
>C: shoulders bi tri

Smart or retarded?

DICK DICK BOOB

It's simple you brainlets
Full body when you are starting
Switch to split after you developed some muscle

As long as you're working your every muscle groups with intensity and volume, it will grow whether you do a split or full body. I personally prefer a split because it gives me the option to focus on the targeted muscle group to annihilate the shit out of it. I only do full body workout after a long rest day to wake me up

I think maybe I shouldn't copy the routine of a grill who has twice the test I do.
Not really comparable.

My weekly program is
>2 times cardio
>2 times endurance
>2 times strength
Should I have the strength days be divided between upper body and lower body or just keep both of them as full body days?

Can't you go split before developing muscle?

Fuck.

have fun plateauing

Clearly splits are better because red and yellow are more intense

>not doing pic 3 on pic related

pic related

>t.in his first 3 months lifting

not even the guy you replied to, but you reek of DYEL-ness

what the fuck is core day lmao

if the frequency is that low then maybe you should keep it full body so as to resemble training every muscle twice a week

>core day

>not having a core day

Enjoy your lack of abs and lower back strength

Try deadlifting heavy and throwing in a little core work at the end of a regular day you fucking retard.

You don't need an entire day dedicated to core lmao

This, or have a separate super light core day for 7 minutes amrap

Oh thanks

>full body training for linear progress split for more advanced lifters
absolute bullshit. more advanced lifters avoid systemic fatigue. Full body is more a thing for either total beginners with good recovery times and a low frequency (typically three times a week), or for people who can hit the gym, like, twice a week (and who have to resort to other tricks like drop sets HIT in order to meet some decent per-session volume)

But he's utterly wrong.

>mike tuchscherer
he recommends his own approach called RTS for wannabe record holders and you're mixing apples and oranges here.

american reading comprehension

oh sorry you're right
not american, only ADHD
I apologize

oh yeah? did you just do it yourself or did you use someone elses routine?
fuck that brainlet btw

Literally just curl on even days and run on odd days lmao :D

>core day
>not hitting the glutes

Do you even know what the FUCk you're talking about?

This is exactly what I'm going through. Did you see better results after swiutching to brosplit? I feel like I'd hit things harder if I had less exercises to do but could do more sets.

>shock the body
If I bury my dick in your arse is that a big enough shock you brosciencing faggot

>ab wheel and hanging leg raises at the end of leg or dl days

do that 2x a week and it's enough... you dont need a whole day for that shit

>"All I know about programming and periodization, I learned on Veeky Forums"- The post

Actually, you're right on this one.

There's a big difference between your average autist's PPL, something like texas method 4 day or 5/3/1, an advanced powerlifting split or an ifbb pro split 2 months out from a comp.

Why do neither of them deadlift and row?

It probably has less to do with routine but working everything out as a novice is really fun.

The difference between a good and bad novice routine is mostly about 2-3 months extra time being a novice either way. This is assuming you eat and sleep properly.

When i started, i ground my way through SL, an upper lower split then SS and made about the same pace of gains. My best gains came when i actually recovered properly and started eating more than 3000 calories in a day.

Just touching a bar as a novice is enough to bring gains.

Well I got the routine from this book

Whatever you will stick to/fits your schedule and you enjoy. You can find successful people who do splits and you can find successful people who do full body, your routine doesn't matter as much as the effort you put into recovery (are you eating and sleeping enough?) and the consistency with which you stick to your routine/modify it when necessary.

PPLPPLx IS a fucking split, ya dingus
why do so many fitizens still think splits means doing each muscle once a week?

Image has splits and full body both training 3 days a week though

Try not to make your samefag this obvious, faggot.

actually yea it does

full body is dumb for aesthetic based goals. Stick to body part splits m8s

Lol you fucking beta cucks with your shit genetics. I achieved this after 4 year natty training with a bro split.

It's not about THE FUCKING routine, it's all about GENETICS. You can try to compensate with your magic dyel routines, but you will never look good and always stay dyel

if you don't have it, don't hit it

>not repeating the split back to back indefinitely

y-yes sir

anyone who does a split where they train each muscle group once per week is retarded. The aim should be to maximise volume

>masT
>natty training
hell yeah

MasT who let you out of /fraud/

I did my 1st ever chest day yesterday after over a year on SS, and after the gym I looked more aesthetic than I ever have before.

>low frequency
>three times a week
How many times a week per body part do you consider high frequency?

welcome to club "pump chase" ya big homo

you need to hit each body part twice a week. Beginners with good recovery times can hit the gym three times a week and go brutal. The "low frequency" in the post you're quoting doesn't refer to the number of times someone hits a body part, but to the number of times someone hits the gym.

>didn't watch World Peace.

Get the fuck out of here you pleb.

I am god to you

You seem mad, maybe you should take a closer look to my other natty picture

Your mother after i fucked her in the ass

I've always done split even when I first started working out. I'm not aware of needing to do both.

Those aren’t natty lol if so you wouldn’t have roided isn’t a little silly to do tons of drugs and then lie about it on an anonymous board of like 1000 ppl Tops

They both look pretty strong to me

>is illiterate

I just did one month of Full body, and switched to a PPLPPLx. I don't feel like I'm lifting as much, should I switch back?

My full body routine was Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Military Press, Barbell Curls, Chin ups

5-7 sets, adding weight to each set, 20 reps, 15-18, 12, 10, 8, 5 for heaviest

Thats pretty standard for 4 years of natty lifting

PPL is a meme routine btw

>for wannabe record holders
>2009 world games gold medal
>muh reading comprehension
You're not getting the point are you? Did you drop the barbell on your head or something tard?

>only 1 muscle per week
Not gonna make it

KEK

full body = non roid shitters who get it
split = roid shitters OR non roid shitters who DON'T get it

anyone who says doing a split while also NOT doing steroids is a clueless retard who looks like shit, has shit lifts and will eventually give up within a couple of years MAX.

I don't really see how it's possible to do a strict split if you're doing any kind of sport training

full body is the best way to go.
Split training is for niggers and bicep bros.

Split, to an extent. For me right now Upper/Lower is the way to go. I'm following the juggernaut method and it's easy to concentrate working sessions around the main lifts (Bench Press and OHP having each own day). I'm doing this second time now and honestly no other training routine, full body included, ever felt that good, muscles get proper rest and all. So for me - upper/lower split for ENOUGH specialization and enough rest for my body.

Full body, all the time.

Do you want to lift heavy weights, or do you want to become disappointed that you're not as big as you want to be?

Why are you talking so harshly about yourself in second person?

The amount of misinformation out there is appalling. Splits shouldn't be more than at most an U/L split. Full body is exactly what is needed for 90%+ of all gym goers.

t. amount of misinformation

Idiot