QTDDTOT

What is the best way to progress in the ab wheel rollout? There seems to be a huge difficulty gap between regular form and doing them on your toes

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/5x5/
psmfdiet.com/fierce-5/#The_dumbbell_full_body_program,
youtu.be/1I_ta9Z2R8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

put a plate on your back, or more preferably use a weighted bag.

Is fat from milk bad? I'm deciding between buying skimmed or semi skimmed milk and the only difference is that skimmed has around 4g less fat

Just drink whole milk, no its not bad however drinking a lot will cause you to be overweight unless you're bulking.

Retarded question, but when I bench (and only on bench), my fingers dig into my palm and even if I clip my nails immediately before working out they still dig in pretty deep and leave long-lasting indentations and toughened the skin around them (sometimes hurts a little too).

Am I gripping the bar wrong or are my fingers just long? I'm just using the standard grip.

cut or bulk, either way i look dyel but i don't want to get much fatter...

Guise should I take creatine?
I've been training for about 4 months. Already made some solid gains (~9lbs). But my leg strength is still hanging behind.
I'm trying a 2Split for four times a week.
Is it too early for creatine or could I take it anytime to boost my strength and maybe make some watergains.

how important is sleep to gains?

Maybe 500ml at most. I just use it to drink my oats in the morning

I recently acquired a pretty decent home gym setup for compounds lifts. Since I am working from home I have many opportunities during the day to pull of a set or two.

Is it counter productive to spread out your lifting throughout the day compared to finishing in one session?

You could do separate lifts but I'd watch for your warmups, like don't warmup, do one set then walk away for an hour and come back.

Starting to get calluses in my hands from holding the bar and doing chin-ups. How do I fix this? (hard mode: no gloves)

how do you people take back pics? i can never get the angle right and look good at the same time

>pic related

Is a good newbie (but with some muscle from high school sports) rule of thumb to cut until abs are visible, then bulk until they are just barely visible?

I would cut

I herniated a disc or something, be careful out there dudes.

Sup Veeky Forums!
I've two linked questions. When people talk about 1/2/3/4, are they referring to 1RM or 5/8RM?
And what would be the best routine to hit that quickly (and while slow bulking 'cuz I don't want to go above 17%BF, being 12~13 rw and 5'9", 140)
Thanks!

You don't

Fugg. What about chalk or moisturizer/skin softener after workout?

Use the shit women use on their feet to remove hardened skin (pumice stone I guess). Wet your hand and the stone, and rub it on your calluses. The skin will painlessly go. Do it on your last weekly session, or at the start of your longest rest period (like if your doing AxBxCxx do it on C day), and don't over do it or you'll damage the skin beside the calluses.

It's basically the period where all muscle is build, and where most fat is burned. So make a guess.

You don't *need* creatine. Is it useful? Yes, kinda, but really minimally. No real health risks. It depends on if you have the moneys to spare, but the thing is, water gains aren't useful that much since you'll lose them as soon as you stop taking creatine, whereas you wont lose real gains if you stop training and only go casually to the gym to maintain your muscle mass.

Wrong grip. Your fingertips shouldn't touch your palm. Check the SL5x5 website for some pics of what is good grip on bench.

I think it's 5RM and you should do Stronglifts

>pumice stone
Great advice, thanks user.

Do 5x5 and add 5lbs every time.

Is there any website that could help me find a good routine and has pictures/videos of said exercises? I started 1 month ago and the dude at the gym wrote me a routine but i feel like i don't work out enough. Plus I'm from hueland, so all exercises have different names and I can't be fucked to ask him for different stuff everytime I don't know how to "bench" works.

creatine isn't just water gains, water gains are a part of it but it does also improve strength, endurance and how fast you can build muscle

I've never really exercised before and want to begin but the trouble is I'm on accutane. It makes it so all my bones and muscles feel brittle and sore. Are there any general exercises that don't put a lot of stress on your joints?

The other day I was just holding weights with my arms outstretched and after 20s it felt like the bones in my shoulder and elbow were bending (they weren't, but it's weirdly sensitive and painful). Am I just fucked until I finish this poison?

stronglifts.com/5x5/

I've been lifting for 2 years though, will SL still "work"? And could I do GSLP instead (dunno why, I really have trouble with the SL dude, and he doesn't look big in his pics)

Can someone recommend good DMHA PWO's that I could buy as a yuropoor?

I previously used Triple X but it's been out of stock everywhere I could order it but that shit was insane.

I'm not usually a fan of PWO because they are just scams but good DMHA blends are crazy. It made my workouts feel like out of this world, only downside was that I had to puke everytime I got back home and was shaking for the next couple hours but that just tells me it was more than just drinking caffeine.

Then I don't know user. I literally just got out of the gym 5 hours ago, my second session of SL. The guy in the website tells you to do Madcow or Texas if you're proficient, so maybe that's what you should do.

What's your pre workout of choice and why?
Mr. Hyde checking in

What is a good way to get motivated to work out and stay motivated? I wanna work out (mostly for myself and my bf), but I just can't seem to push myself to go to the gym. Any suggestions?

Knowing each day you work out and progress on your lifts you're one step closer to /peakperformance/

Routine

My bf has a membership in a 24/7 gym.
Would people notice if i‘d use his card at around 4am?

Thanks lads. For a starter, is three times a week a good shot? More or less? Also, what kind of training would you suggest? I'm really only concerned with showing off, I don't need a strongman physique. Want to focus on arms and ass especially. Thanks!

Not entirely fitness related but,
Am I getting too much sleep?
I feel tired whether I get 7.5/8/9/10 or even 10+ hours of sleep, Is it possible I only need 6~ somehow?
I use my phone at night but remove blue light as much as possible and sleep in the best possible conditions I can (e.g. no light/cool temp/turn off electronics 30 mins before)

SL 5x5 with extra arm work. Bulk, then cut for the a e s t h e t i c s

Is it ok to do accessories on rest days if I'm doing MWF Compound lifts?

Thanks man. Feeling a bit scared desu, but that's probably autismus. I'll give it my best shot!

My routine goes as: ABCAB whereas A is chest and biceps, B is back and triceps and C is legs and shoulders. Should I keep working shoulders only once a week or split it into other days and take a day for only legs?

>doing calf raises on the smith machine
>4x25
>last 10 reps feel like my calves are on fire, may have been kinda painful
Am I doing this right? I thought calves could handle high volume. I can still sorta feel it in my toes. Another thing for BP, are you supposed to have your arms extended fully before you unrack it? I'm having trouble unracking and keeping my shoulders on the bench, it's even worse since I have rolled shoulders. But if I rack it lower, it seems like it'll be too low to rack it when I finish the rep, and I'll have to do like half a rep and then rack it.

Either do ABCABxx CABCAxx BCABCxx, or do a 5 days split that is complete in one week like PHAT (ULPPLxx)

Accessories uses part of the muscle of the compounds so it's not the best of ideas (unless what you call accessories is some form of cardio). Why not doing it the same day?

Wholly depends on how the gym works. Magnet cards, presenting card to the reception... Also, if the card is electronic and link to a computer, it's very likely that the name and picture prompts on the screen... People in the gym won't notice obviously, but the staff will in the end.

I'm Asian and so am used to squatting deep as fuck just for a sitting position since I was a baby. However, I am used to stopping my squats at roughly parallel because I find it really difficult to generate the force to get out of the hole when I'm so deep that my ass is actually brushing the floor.

The problem is that during the concentric part of my squat, I feel a LOT of pressure/soreness in this part of my leg, right above but not quite at the knee. It is almost like a dull pain. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My thighs are relatively long could that have anything to do with it? This issue is greater the deeper I go on my squat (sometimes I have trouble controlling the eccentric and so drop right into the hole; in times I've been able to come up from there, the above-knee stress has felt the strongest)

Other problems with my squat include folding over (squat-mornings). I'm only at 2.5plate for reps, and 2plate for front squats. This issue affects me in both front and back squats. Any help would be appreciated.

You can do it user! I believe in you, report back in a few months and post progress pics. Get s w o l e

how do i get rid of cellulite on my butt?

Use a timed shot

Is the saturated fat from eating 4 rashers of bacon a day something to be worried about? I'm not worried about the sodium

It's fat. To lose fat you need to cut. Might also want to do some butt exercise to increase vascularity but the difference won't be big.
If the cellulite is too important, liposuction might be the only answer.

What happens when I do the same endurance exercises, but with extra weight?

I've been doing 100 bodyweight squats and push-ups every day, but today I did the same with 10 extra kilograms

My middle back hurts when I do some kind of movements like cat camel stretch. It also hurts when I foam roll my mid back. I havent even gone to the gym in a week cuz i had exams so it cant be my form.
I think its my sleeping posture or because I sit too much on a shitty wooden chair in front of my pc for 3 years now with no leg room cause the desk is too low so i have to use some kind of crossed leg pose where my knee is above my desk, resting on it.
Beside the "go to the doctor" or "buy a good desk and chair" is there any other advice to give me? Some stretching I could do to help me heal or just eat and sleep?

You progress.

I posted about this last night, but the thread died before I got a response.

My semen unusually is viscous and comes out chunky. Additionally, there is little force behind my ejaculations. When I cum, it just dribbles out and even hangs out of my dick in thick, heavy strands. WebM related. This happens even when I am well hydrated.
Could it potentially be some condition that I need to worry about or is that just the way my semen is?

Just woke up, I'm trying to start my fast, when should I eat? The last time I ate was 11 hours a go

My concern is having muscular growth, but sacrificing stamina, when in fact I want both

How long should I be able to get away with only doing one set of 1x5 deadlifts per week for while progressing? I'm 5'7, is 3.5 plates where I'd probably start stalling with just that one working set/week?

Is there any machine which isn't shit?

The lat pulldown one if u cant do pullups
and maybe the cable row

christ, how does he have literally no pecs

Do you find 100 push ups easy? Even with weight? You'll get used to it the more you do it.

first of all delet pls
second, wtf is wrong with your dick

Thanks man! Seriously that's actually motivating. Manlet question about the pics: Should I flex in my beginner pics? Which parts should I photograph?

Every cable based machine. Leg curls and leg extensions are acceptable since there is no way to do these exercises otherwise. Leg press is also correct.
HammerStrenght like machines are also acceptable, though free weight are still better.

90/90 breathing + t-spine mobility may be helpful.

There are many that aren't shit. But few that you want to base your workout around. They're generally best for assistance work.

Plate loaded machines are usually a lot better than selectorized machines. But mostly it's about the individual design. Some just feels great while most feel shit.

Certain machines let you do things you can't do well using free weights e.g. well designed chest press machines.

Too many variables to say. For example, what other training are you doing? If you're doing heavy low bar squatting 3 times a week, that goes a long way towards driving up your deadlift.

Also, "1 working set" rarely just means 1 tough set. You're usually doing a bunch of semi tough sets ramping up to the top set.

Take on without flexing, one flexing. In shorts, full frontal and then your back flexing

I've been lifting for 1.5 years, Started as a 75kg fatfuck (174cm manlet) and got myself to 60kg auschwitz survivor mode in 8 months. Bulked for 5 months, but fucked up and got fat again, so I've been spending the last 5 months cutting again, and I'm around 62 again, would say I'm around 14-15% bodyfat or so; not fat, but not extremely lean, abs are not visible for instance.

So what would be better?
>cut until 10%bf/abs showing then lean bulk
or
>start 2-month-each bulk/cut cycles despite not being as lean as I could be

>75kg/174cm
>fat

Got some fat in my lower ab region, will cardio get rid of it faster or actual lower ab exercises like hanging leg raises?

I'm doing keto OMAD right now and wanted to know more about the recommended amount of protein.
I hear that excess protein will be converted to glucose, but is an "excess" defined as going over some flat amount, or is it a percentage of calories that you intake?
For example, I only have a single meal a day so at first I thought that there's no way for me to have excess protein with how little I'm eating, but almost everything I am eating is a protein source, eggs, chicken, beef, etc.
I'm only getting around 600-800 calories of food, but if a majority of those calories come from protein, is it technically enough of an excess for my body to convert it to glucose?

I want to do squat, deadlift, and rows, but I can't bend over without arching my back. How do I get more flexible? What stretches should I be doing?

can i drop bench for dips? I hate bench so much and I like dips,

current lifts @70kg:

SQ: 90kg x 5
F.SQ: 65 x 5(working up now going to change to 5x3)
Bench: 62.5 x 5
OHP: 40 x 5
DL: 115 x 5
Row: 70 x 5
dips: +16kg x 5

I dont think so mate
u cant really target fat loss

Bump

I'll come back when I'm buff, user. Wait for me.

should i skip todays workout if i have hemorrhoids? today they bled and i'm thinking exercising heavy will make them worse

Squat till dead

Do you prefer cardio before or after your workout? Why?

Always after. Before it will impact on your workout.

My bf lifts every day without rest days. Is that actually beneficial? I‘m kond of worried that he‘ll fuck himself over in the long run...

Doing it after is better as you'll have dat dere GH pumping out and being anticatabolic

Is he making gains?

Hm, he used to lift, but stopped for about two years. He only started again recently and i guess he just wants to see fast progress. It‘s been about a week now, so it‘s hard to tell how much progress he‘s making. But he‘s sore af and can barely move.
I‘m worried that he‘s ruining his joints/back/whatever if he doesn‘t slow it down a bit to begin with... i mean, i still need him for a very long time, i don‘t want him to hurt himself.

>Doing gslp
>Lifts stalled for 2 months
Wtf do I do? There's no way I'm out of beginner mode yet, because I'm a 145 lb skinnyfat bastard who can't squat more than 155 lb for 3x5 without my form breaking down. My deadlift is also complete garbage. I've been eating more lately, but should I try to lower the weight and really focus on form? This shit is so fucking frustrating.

If it's just soreness it's not really a big deal, pain is a good indicator of something gone bad.

Alright. I‘ll ask him to slow it down if he ever has pain that isn‘t doms.
Thanks user!

What can cause bicep tear during deadlifts?
How do you prevent it?

Having severe lower back pain and tightness now (last few weeks) but only while running. I don't know if they're "back pumps" or if I tweaked my back from going heavy on squats and deadlifts. I'm on LGD for the past month too. Bad form on heavy squats or SARMs induced back pumps?

Mixed grip. Don't use it.

Why is red meat bad for you? How many times per week could I eat some frying steak? They're just so damn convenient!

>2 mins to fry
>99cals, 20.5pro per steak

I'm basically in the same situation. You're too slim, eat more and your lifts will increase. In the mean time, focus indeed on form and maybe try to have someone check on you.

Once or twice a week is good I guess. No more than 4 times, and in normal size (like no 4 500lbs tbone steaks per week).

What are some good exercises to improve grip strength?

I cannot progress on deadlifts, since I cannot hold my the bar After a couple of reps

For those who care: Am at 70kg right now

Farmer's walk, wrists curls, and indirectly chin ups, pull ups and rows. Though for DL, you can use mix grip, and if you're not planing on competing use some straps in the mean time.

the only weights i have available are two adjustable dumbbells which are 50lbs max each. am i going to be able to achieve any gains if i do high reps instead of lifting heavy stuff? being dyel fucking sucks

There are some decent DB routines out there. Just stumble upon that one psmfdiet.com/fierce-5/#The_dumbbell_full_body_program, and look at pic related.
However you'll need a pull up bar. And you might want to invest in a second hand barbell.
You won't get huge, but you can get decent and good by normi standards. Main problem is working out the quads, since DB squats are not really good...

how do I not get a red as fuck face when im working out?

Help me fix my squat
I keep getting hip pain, I think due to not engaging my glutes enough and compensating for it

youtu.be/1I_ta9Z2R8I

Go Slower. Are those powerlifting shoes? if not, use chucks or bare foot. Then, you tend to butt wink (check the SL5x5 for more details). Contract your core harder when descending and ascending. And to put the emphasis on your quads, "feel" them squeeze. Mind muscle connection is a thing, helps you recruit more muscle when performing a movement.

thanks for the advice, will definitely get a pull up bar

is it normal to lose 16 pounds of water weight in a few days of a cut?