/plg/ powerlifting general

IRRRRRRRRRRN LYYYYYFE EDITION

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bfcx-CAgKvs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Talk to her today you cuck.

instagram.com/p/Bfcx-CAgKvs/

:)

yes but you'd be a bigboi, you're confusing bear mode with biboi.
just as a 6'8 sub shw will never be bigboi even if he was shredded 5% bfat, bigboi is about being shw.

me on right

Americans have black pudding too? I thought that was too ewwy or whatever to be imported.

that's supposed to be impressive? I eat double that as a snack, it does look tasty as fuck tho

I never got the meme on how to do anything other than regular friend talking

“Hi im panzer do you want me to inseminate you” probably wont work

how strong are you? or do you suffer of panzy delusions?

I unironically did that, just invited her for a coffee first.

i want to rub my dick on her traps does that make me g@y???

Good deadlift programs for a 9
470 puller? Been lifting for 1.5 years and sticking point is lockout due to back rounding.

>Good deadlift programs for a 9
What did he mean by this?

it's a 9/10 qt3.14

I was about to say pls be in kgs, but that's pretty good weight for a girl

In my experience with a baltic woman I was just my normal autismo self and she took a liking to me until she tricked me into her room. Then I sat on her bed, of course, as I am not completely retard, the other option would be a chair there. We ended up cuddling after she showed me some maps she had made, and I kissed her. So try doing that.

that's a normal baltic woman, his stalking victim however is higher status, why would she settle for some weak 5'8 fatboy over literally any of the athletes she trains with?

That's what happens when you're alone your whole life and try to justify it. He's having an cognitive dissonance right now.

Hmm, yes, that makes it trickier. The one I am with is 7 years older than me and higher status, so it could work. I mean.. she saw me pull 180kg and another guy pull 270kg and still like me, but I guess she doesn't care about that

>Good deadlift programs for a 9470 puller?
>9470 lbs
Jfc just keep doing wharever you are doing

Ask her out to lunch. Bloody marys or irish coffee moves tgings along. Ask her questions about her, not yourself. Don't talk politics, science, or religion.

Then take her back to her place or yours and fugg her. Balloon knot is optional, but vagin is not.

Works every time.

Almost did the 10RM squat 20 times thing. Pussied out at 15rm because my back started aching, racked, rested for 30 seconds, reracked, finished it.

It's pretty fun, would recommend. Will go for a 20 rep set next time. No point in taking too many breaths, will just take three or five. Bar sliding is a big problem.

>10rm
>20reps
Then it's not 10RM

"It basically involves doing a set of 20 with a weight close to what you had previously assumed was your 10RM, once a week for as long as your psychology holds up. Get through the first 10 reps, and then just stand there and do them until your through, however long that takes"

sounds like a waste of time

>sounds like a waste of time
It's good for hypertrophy of the brain and balls.

I've been doing these multiple times a week for the past six months, they're trash for squat and dl but fantastic for bench
t. 205/165/230kg @90

Bad meal planning annoy here.

Have 1k cal dinner tonight on top of my 500 cal bean stew that I made last week. What should I eat lads?
Not to mention banana and a yogurth before my run this afternoon

Reee

Redpill me on C6W.
PS I've been stuck on 5/4/3 pl8 for almost two years. fml

How the fk do you bench 4pl8 yet deadlift 3

I hope you guys are all friendly because powerlifting doesn't help with MMA at all

Have you tried deloading? I don't think you've exhausted your linear progress on SS quite yet.

I did the bridge and got weaker, had a 1.5/2.5/3.5/5 1rm and now I have around a 1/2/3/4.5 1rm after week 8.

Went from 167lbs to 176lbs in those 8 weeks too so I'm weaker at a higher weight.

Wow you must have felt really sad for these 8 weeks.

no program will save you, it's slow incremental babby gains from here on out no matter which routine you choose

it's ok most people without any special talent for lifting don't make it far past where you're at anyway

Then you lowballed the rpes

gz ur a mental gde

How is that supposed to work? When I do a 10 RM in the bench then I am done after the 10th rep, it's going to be RPE 10.1 and my muscle will be completely gassed out.
Then what? I should lie there with the bar in lockout and wait until I can do another rep then rinse and repeat or what?

5th set by Swede.

Can I do my 5/3/1 sets in the reverse order? Any reason why I shouldn't?

wish my face was the piano pedal

I don't understand does she worship Chicken as a deity? They are still polytheistic in that part of the world correct?

This is what happens when you do rpe as beginner. I've been telling you all this time rpe sucks unless youre advanced

>not worshipping the best source of lean protein

Cottage cheese?

It tastes like jizz

How do you know what jizz tastes like?

ask your dad ;)

I think everyone jumps on these different programs when basic linear periodization would bring them pretty far. No reason to do DUP or conjugate until you have stopped making gains. I've been doing block periodization with a basic linear pattern for the last year and making pretty good gains.

You ate my dad's jizz. Yuck respect yourself more user

Why would you?

your dad is a good man nothing shameful about it.

Ignore anything Jim says because he's a meme

The idea is just after your working sets, take a long rest, drop to 60-70% 1RM, and do a hyped up amrap @10. You don't have to do rest pause or even count reps, just crank it to pretty much failure with a light weight

Did nothing for my squats or dl but my bench blew up. Ymmv

>Monday bench 5x5 90% of Friday
>Wednesday OHP 3x5+
>Friday new bench 1x5
be a good way too increase a early intermediate bench? or would 3x int and some 3x10 OHP be better?

Because I feel like the earlier sets keep me from doing AMRAP on the last set

how many times do i need to sponfeed you goofs on TM again

look in the archives for an autoregulated TM i wrote like a week ago

spoonfeed plz

>Because I feel like the earlier sets keep me from doing AMRAP on the last set
If a couple of working sets keep you from being able to perform a a good amrap, then your training max is too high. Fix your training max.

>look in the archives for an autoregulated TM i wrote like a week ago
Late beginners and early intermediates shouldn't be autoregulating.

so you got 3 days

>1
closer grip bench 1@8, 5x5@75%
3ct pause comp bench 1@8, 5x5@70%

>2
ohp 1@8, 5x5@75%
light tris 50 reps

>3
comp bench 1@8, 4x4@80%
floor press 1@8, 5x5@70%

and this is pretty general without knowing your issues, back work every day alternating movements

he just should get someone to watch his barspeed if he cant judge the rpe well

>if he cant judge the rpe well
no fucking beginner can judge rpe well

youd be suprised

bar speed is just as good as rpe btw if not better

5/3/1 for lower body and cuckols for bench 2-3/week, if I don't care about my Press. Yay or nay?

>bar speed is just as good as rpe
maybe because it's basically the same thing

I'm just worried this program is actually making me weaker. For example best set of squats is 335x5, the other day I could only do 320 for 2 reps. My best OHP set is 140x5, the other day I could only press 135x4. I haven't lost any weight.

What supplementary volume and assistance work are you doing?

BBB sets, chin ups, cable rows, lat pulls, barbell curls, incline bench, weighted decline sit ups, hamstring curls

If you're doing the big but boring 5 by 10 sets, your focus is on hypertrophy. You're not going to get much stronger after a certain point.

Change your big but boring sets to 5 by 5 at 80%. Then you can change it to 5 by 3 at 90%. Then you can change it to 5 by 1 at 100%

This is detailed in the book.

You could also drop big but boring, and switch to first set last for multiple sets, or seconds set last, or boring but strong.

Know what you're doing and why you're doing it. That's why he wrote the goddamn book.

Thanks user

531 is garbage bro cant beleive you fell for the jimposting

You are too newb for 531.

Just do Madcow or Texas Method.

>someone actually fell for the jim larp
you deserve getting weaker

you gotta be direct man, ask her to sit on your face

stop falling for the auto regulation meme

you are going to auto loose kg on your total

>Hi im panzer
Pic related, her pussy

I was stalling on TM no OHP progression for like 2 months

Sounds like an actual AMRAP set without pussying out halfway through

Hire an online coach to program for you srs
You're past the point of steady linear progress you need periodization with conditioning, accumulation, and then realization blocks as well as accounting for external factors in day to day life that take away from steady progress

This is bullshit. You just can't assume a stupid vanilla spreadsheet template from some forum is going to give you the same result as personalized programming and coaching. Online powerlifting programming is pretty reasonable these days.

Don't assume you as an amateur coach turn yourself into an elite level lifter. Just doesn't happen. Save yourself the mental anguish and pay a professional.

My mongoloid brain couldn't understand till Alan Thrall put a video out about it

I'm going to deadlift tomorrow.
Any tips?

>Don't assume you as an amateur coach turn yourself into an elite level lifter.

nobody is going to turn a person with average genetics into an elite level lifter, it has a 0% probability of happening

XD

I miss my princess soooooooooo much.

I mean you definitely won't if only run madcow, SS, and 5/3/1 all your life. After years of stalled lifting Alan thrall hired a coach and put 100lbs on his total in like 6 months and looks like he's on his way to squatting 600lbs raw.

Elite lifter implying a certain Wilks or Sinclair score not top 5 in the sport of powerlifting

>This is bullshit. You just can't assume a stupid vanilla spreadsheet template from some forum is going to give you the same result as personalized programming and coaching
Anybody with average genetics and a good work ethic can reach 450/330/550 or better with 3 years of consistent training without a coach.

This shit isn't that complicated. It's the ADD, vaginitis, and fuckarounditis that stalls people.

>*I miss my prince soooooooooo much.

I'm about 5 weeks into Texas Method, and Intensity day is strarting to grind my shit (420lb squat coming up on Friday).

I get that the 1x5s go down to 1x3s right before a legitimate 5RM failure, but what about Volume Day? Do I keep on with the 5x5s?

Op is talking about getting past the 5/4/3 pl8 barrier hurr durr

Yes though after a certain point you will change that too. e.g in end of my 12 month TM cycle I was doing 5x3 on VD for squat and 4x4 on bench and OHP. But it's all about experimenting and finding that sweet spot that is good progress with manageable stress.

> 4 plate bench
>3 plate deadlift
???

>Anybody with average genetics and a good work ethic can reach 450/330/550 or better with 3 years of consistent training without a coach.

that's optimistic, you have 250lb post-steroids boardshorts at like 500/335/600 if memory serves

the people i know with average genetics had to train consistently for years and years to hit those numbers, the people i know with some talent for it got there within 2 probably

Stay in position
Try hard

>that's optimistic
Raise your expectations.

Place the bar directly over the middle of the foot. Take a grip on the bar without bending at the knees. Bring your shins to the bar. Squeeze your chest up and brace hard. Pull.

Sorry 4/3/5 OP just put them in numerical order rather than the order in a powerlifting comp

Pic related for "running it out" on the Intensity Day.

There are a variety of possible strategies on Volume Day.
>Typically, lifters will begin their volume days at approximately 90% x 5 x 5 of the intensity day load for the squat, press, and bench. After a period of time, however, some may find that lower volume works better and only 4 sets are required to set PRs on intensity day. Others have found that slightly higher percentages work better for bench presses and presses on volume day, and some have found that slightly lower percentages work better for squats. A great benefit to training with the Texas Method is the ease of manipulation from week to week to yield the desired result. As the lifter advances in strength, he may find that volume day offsets need to be adjusted from time to time. The lifter squatting 350x5 on intensity day might be fine using 90% of that weight for 5x5 on volume day, which is about 315. However, the lifter squatting 500x5 on intensity day, may find that squatting 90% (or 450 lbs) for 5x5 is a little too much to recover from on volume day. He may obtain better performance on Fridays by keeping a 15-20% offset from Monday to Friday and focusing on bar speed and good technique.

IOW you should be experienced enough to play some of this by ear. If 5 sets grinds, try 4 and see if you can make progress on ID. Or make the VD more about speed and technique with a bigger offset.

Here are some other comments about stalls.
>If progress stalls, with no reduction in the ability to complete Monday’s workouts but the absence of completed PRs on Fridays, the stress needed to spur progress is probably not being applied on Monday. Often an increase in Monday’s workout load will restore progress. Adding a set is a good idea. Holding the total number of reps constant while using more lower-rep sets with slightly higher weight also works well. For example, Monday’s 5 sets of 5 (25 total reps) with 300 pounds becomes 8 sets of 3 (24 total reps) with 315 pounds. The addition of one or two higher-rep sets done after the regular work sets is another option; these are referred to as back-off sets. The trainee doing 5 sets of 5 with 300 pounds could follow that with a set of 10 at 250, or even at 225 if done with a pause or some other alteration that makes the reps harder at lighter weight. There are several possibilities, but they should not all be explored at the same time; stress should be added in small increments.
>If, however, actual regression occurs, not only in Friday’s workout but with staleness carrying over into Monday, then usually the workload on Monday is too high, and residual unrecovered fatigue is creeping in. Possible solutions could be to eliminate excessive warm-up volume, to drop a set or two from the sets across, reduce the work-set weight, or reduce the reps in the work sets – from 5 sets of 5 with 300 pounds to 5 sets of 4 with 300, for example.

Uh you might want to bend those knees

the bring your shins to the bar part is where you bend knees