Why do you lift?

Why do you lift?

I have trouble with consistency, don't eat enough, skip scheduled gym time.
I think my problem is that I don't have one big "WHY" to get me off my ass and go lift.
What about you, Veeky Forums?
What is the one thing that gets you motivated to go to war in the gym?

The picture of the Mexican man carrying his shoes while the stronger man carries his (supposed) wife and child. That kind of sums it up; having functional strength to be able to do what's important in life, not to live in complacency because it's easier.

I tried to cultivate an interest. It worked.

I lift because I really fucking enjoy lifting and what it gives me in terms of size and strength, and how that translates to success in the real world.

That's completely it. That's all. If you need more of a reason than that and some discipline, you're never going to make it.

this

There is no reason. Im a perma-shut-in on autismbux with no hobbies or interests. I lifted a few times in high-school (before I dropped out) and I enjoyed it and then it just stuck with me.

Being strong just feels good, I cant explain it. That said I cant just lift randomly like brodudes do. I actually have to be seeing objective progress happen.

Im 30 btw, lifting since 2003 (when I dropped out of HS)

>describes a picture
>doesn't post it
C'MON

I lift to become a better version of myself.
If you do it for any other reason, you're not gonna make it.

>that pic
fuck you user, too close to home

maybe regret is why I lift

idk i like it i guess

less so now than i used to honestly (lifting since 2010 consistently)

>Why do you lift?
race war
RACE
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

>I think my problem is that I don't have one big "WHY" to get me off my ass and go lift.
Why the hell not?

You are a pile of anxiety and untapped potential. You have literally nothing better to do with your time than to pick yourself up and sort yourself out. What could be more valuable to your life than that?

to leave normanity behind OP. you need discipline.

Who bitch this is?

Keep doing it until it feels wrong not to. Unless I'm seriously/contagiously ill, or under a massive amount of pressure academically, I never allow myself to skip a workout no matter how much I want to. Skipping one workout opens the door to skipping more.

>You are a pile of anxiety and untapped potential. You have literally nothing better to do with your time than to pick yourself up and sort yourself out
oh fuck, that's a heavy and accurate feel

real talk, I've had 2 friends die of cancer in the last 2 years and a 3rd diagnosed in the last month. I should be lifting for everyone who can't

Wow... like, could you, like, not be so racist and stuff please?? This is a tolerant and progressive place and your racism has no place here. Frig off back to stormfront you disgusting neo-nazi racist scum trash.

That jordan b. perterson parroting makes me cringe.

Doesn't Jordan also say that you should not say things that make you weak and formulate your own thoughts?

Start by perfecting ONE thing, then move to the next. I'm motivated to train because I have been stuck in an existential crisis for about 7 years and it's either distracting myself while trying to find some purpose or killing myself. I don't want to hurt my family and friends so I try to be a functional human. Training and diet are the easiest to master, even when lacking any positive motivation, it just takes planning and then an obsessive repetition of "just do it". Disconnect your mind and just do what you planned.

today I'll lift for you

Not OP but I have it saved for the same reasons

At this point, I'm just obsessed with seeing how strong I can humanly get.

I think about the men I hate and seek to destroy it always motivates me more than anything.

thanks.
hispanic dude looks like he's doing his best to help, but he's physically unable to take care of the thing that matters most to him
>aka a thot that's way out of his league

heart is in the right place, but body isn't
now that's a feel

now that's pretty motivating too

Because Im preparing for next crusade to cleanse Europe from muslim invasion.
I also lift for health, for my ego and selfesteem and I want to be able to carry my gf my future wife for as long as she pleases.

If I lift I think that I might not be lonely someday.

I know it's bullshit but fuck it why not.

He's literally preaching self improvement as defined by the individual.

In what way is that bad?

Motivation is for children. Discipline seeds motivation and motivation seeds discipline.
Motivation will not keep you going but discipline to go to the gym will.

im a narcissistic cunt so i lift to be better than others

because Veeky Forums is for contrarian faggots and jordan peterson is popular

>that image
>that advice
You're okay user. We're all going to make it.

Didn't he initially appeal to r9k fags anyway?

r9k is a stinkpit of incel permavirgins and sadbrain losers who will never get out of their self-induced depressions

even peterson cant help them

Hope you make it, whatever that means to you.

Not saying the advice is bad, it's just weak to parrot others. Why should anyone listen to someone who hasn't even thought about something enough to put it in their own words? It's more about that.

If it's not an end in itself for you, you are never gonna make it

>you cant think something unless nobody in the history of humanity has ever thought of it before
Good luck

My son's birth was a difficult one and he almost died cause he wasn't breathing for like 15 mins. I want to be the best role model dad anyone can be. I have a STEM degree so the brains part is good enough, so I'm working on the brawns part.

And also to fuck his hot teachers when he starts schooling.

Not even close to what I said.

You're either saying exactly that, or youre assuming that somebody is just parroting and that it is impossible for them to come to those conclusions for themselves.

Either way youre a fucking retard

Or yano be loyal to the mother so that he may experience the immense benefit of a stable 2 parent household...

> It's either this option I made up, or it's this other strawman

Yeah, I'm not going to bother discussing anyhting with you.

I get where you're coming from user but it's literally an argumentive tool (called ethos) where you quote someone with better qualifications than yourself to "use" their qualifications as your own.

For example, it's better to say Arnold said to do x rather than coming up with x yourself, and other people are more likely to believe you if you say that Arnold said it.

He will, doesn't mean I can't fuck bitches on the side. You'll be surprised how much NSA booty you get from wearing the ring.

What the fuck is the tan thing around is neck

A life jacket.

Life is short and hard. What else is there to do which is as dignified in the face of the void? What else in life will give you courage in the face of the death and loneliness we are all doomed to at some point?

accurate descriptions of an argument are not strawmans user

Truth transcends personality.

existential nihilism pls go

>I should be lifting for everyone who can't.

Fuck

Help Veeky Forums!
Being just passably fit is all i want in life. I don't even want to look better than 99% of normies out there... I'd settle for looking better than 75-80% of them.

>so if that's what i claim to truly want
>then how come I can't get my ass up and into the gym?

People dont change because they want to change
People change because they NEED to change

You obviously value your current comfort more than the effort required for a potential future comfort

me again
what can I do to force the NEED to change?
how can I get uncomfortable?

shame?
hate?
loss?
fear?
anger?

Everything is kinda going alright for me. I'm average in every way. Absolutely and perfectly average.
If feels like I'm asking for a way to hate myself, but it kinda feels like that's what it would take.

You need to become uncomfortable. Start hanging out with successful and beautiful people to put yourself in situations where you are below the average.

>Finally help arrives
>Husband waddles out of raft and scrambles through ankle deep water for fear of drowning
>He sweats and doesn't want to forget his shoes for he has cartoonishly small feet and these shoes were specially ordered for his cowardly frame.
>As he waddles through the puddle the soldier approaches his stranded wife and his wife's child.
>"I gotchya ma'am" He says as he pulls her out of the raft
>She can feel his muscles bulging, contracting, as he carries her and her child and yet he is not strained
>She gets so wet that her baby slips out of her hands,and shoots out between her legs like a slip'n'slide.
>The husband is heard screaming in the distance, "hurry up my shoes are getting wet!"

ree

who is this fine lookin honey?