I do running, i squat, and I'm pretty fit

I do running, i squat, and I'm pretty fit.

But going up a few flights of stairs still leaves me with burning thighs and a little out of breath.

Whats the deal, and am i the only one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-Z2Xp-eE5w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

limp wristed son is a faggot

probably fathered by the TRUMPSTER

The work required to actually drag your body weight against gravity is pretty high. I can run a good 5 mile time and end it sort of out of breath, but not too bad, while going up a few flights of stairs is killer.

Remember that you're moving your weight against a constant 9.81 acceleration.

Walking up a set of stairs 10m up is only a bit less effort than a set of 5 squats of 2pl8 depending on your weight. For example using child tier physics that isn't the most accurate, i weight 92.5kg, and the work done for me to climb up 10m is 9074 J. If i did one set of 5 2pl8 squats i'd do 9442 J

(10m is used as its around the heogjt of the steps i use to change stations in the morning)

Also this is assuming i'm moving the bar during the squat by about a metre, and its only taking into account the push and not the stabilisation of descent

It's 5 sets of stairs to my apartment. So im not weak muscled and dying then?

Same thing with cycling, i often find my legs burning quite quickly from cycling, like 1 - 2 minutes, on a slight incline. Is this normal?

>Her face

When I ran 8 miles a week, running up 3 flights of stairs (not skipping steps) would have me breathing heavy. You're not alone.

No thigh burn, though. Not sure what that is. Either AIDS or a muscle endurance thing. I'm thinking AIDS.

>Same thing with cycling, i often find my legs burning quite quickly from cycling, like 1 - 2 minutes, on a slight incline. Is this normal?

lower the gear ratio and accelerate the cadence.

>Mexican warrior class genetics
>doughy WASP genetics

Is there one with Carlos in it?

La creatura...

>that daughter on the right
She's the one.

I get the same thing happen. When you're exercising your brain does what it needs to do to get your body "into gear" or whatever the English transplantation is.

I can run a 6 minute mile, but if I'm late for a train and need to run 2 streets... I'm out of breath and light headed. I almost feel like I can't make it... It's something about CNS and natural breathing.

It's not instantly easy to apply trained fitness to real world scenarios... Sometimes you just accidentally breathe too slow to keep your breathing volume the same while going stairs or a hill and your body forgets oxygen to the muscles is more important than consistent volume of bodily functions... Something that we instinctively know when we are in the gym we have trained at 1000 times before

>their voices

youtube.com/watch?v=W-Z2Xp-eE5w

>RaisedbyRepublicanVSRaisedbyDemocrat.jpg

the spics mother is la creatura. the white one has ubermensch genetics but is letting them go to waste

Goes to show you that good genetics + shit genetics x nurture = fit hoss
I bet tubby looks down on people who work on their bodies.

Scarlet Stallone has such kind warm eyes.
Hnnng that so hot.

It's normal, I don't lift anymore, I only run now, I can run a 4:50 mile and half marathon in 1:20. Going 4 flights of stairs leaves me breathless.

It's pretty obvious why, I don't train for it. I once ran a half that had the first 4 miles uphill. All of them, no flat or downhill (literally you climbed a mountain). That was shit, the burn in my quads seemed to never end. Trail runners usually are good at this, since most trail races are up in the mountains. If you wanna be good at climbing stairs go climb shit

If you live near a stadium of some sort or long stair way, you can always make short sprints up and down your cardio.

go shill elsewhere please

Serious reply**

Get your heart check senpai, you might have a hole in it that causes blood flow/oxygen issues.

In extreme cases you could have a stroke due to a clot moving through the hole to the left chamber of your heart and getting pumped into your brain.

which one is taller?