Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

I'm bored as fuck on my rest days and I desperately need a new hobby

What do you guys do? I want something that I can get good at and get some return from

Love you guys

I lift 6 times a week, so dunno

Dancing. You'll get more women.

Is that 05? 06? Some of the stuff that's in the OSRS version is missing

To answer your question, go to church/mosque/whatever. Six days I train my body and the seventh I train my soul

06, the best time

Fpv drone flying - video games except way cooler.
Dancing is tight.
Reading for the brain gains.

b a n k y o u r i t e m s

desu i do really appreciate all the qol and new quests they've been putting in without the retardation of rs3

Video games aren't a real hobby you insipid manchild

Martial arts. You get to actually use your gains for something.

>skiing
It’s exhilarating as fuck, the women are hot, and there’s no poor people or niggers.

10/10 sport

Osrs is like home to me. It's the ultimate cozy grind and I love it.
Try learning an instrument. I'm about to start the mandolin.

i recently started learning latin out of boredom.
there are lots of things i learned in the past because i was bored, from ancient kingdoms to astrophysics, from psychology and nonverbal communication to good manners and training my eloquence.
a healthy mind needs a healthy body and vise versa.

How to train eloquence?

same question as

buy a dictionary and learn one new word every day.

starting with eloquence today

Lmao, you learned to translate mens sana in corpore sano and now throw it around?

switch to PPL + cardio on sunday

actually this is a phrase where i life. healthy mind needs a healthy body.
and i just started learning latin, i'm still at grammar learning and to be honest i didn't know that it origins in latin.

It's probably one of the most iconic, Latin phrases, right after "veni vidi vici" or "xy ante(ad) portals".
And it sounds stupid in English desu.

But yeah, Latin is a good method of exercising the mind in processing logic and analytical tasks, so if you do not have anything of that in your life yet then it's a good thing to pick up.

>It’s exhilarating as fuck, the women are hot, and there’s no poor people or niggers.
Scubadiving is better

portas*

Rock climbing

hobby1
ˈhɒbi/
noun
noun: hobby; plural noun: hobbies

an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

Just spent 14 hours getting full void for jad

seconded

I forge knives.
That's a lot of fun, I recommend fishing as well.

Forge me a knife bro

Get involved in a martial art. Bjj is the shit

I like to spend my evenings learning everything I can about the Roman Republic/Empire and the Byzantine period.
Other than that it's fun to spend some time reading up on investing/stocks/funds and economics in general. I did a masters in chemistry, so everything is new to me.
During the weekends I usually hang out with people or go dancing if my friends are in the mood.
Also: learn a new language. Korean is a fun challenge if you want to learn a difficult language that actually has an alphabet.

Wrestling or BJJ

I play chess and guitar, the rest of the time im studying different stuff to get better at life.

Oh i also garden and have 3 doggos.

>And it sounds stupid in English desu.

i'm from germany. ein gesunder geist braucht einen gesunden körper.

>But yeah, Latin is a good method of exercising the mind in processing logic and analytical tasks, so if you do not have anything of that in your life yet then it's a good thing to pick up.

i totally agree with you.

byzbro

history is actually a really chad hobby if you also learn how to be a great storyteller. not for casual party conversation, but anything drug related or going for a drive somewhere, it's great if you know how to sell it

Don't play that game bro. I did and it's all I did for the past 3 years. I'm finally done with that game and now it's hard to fit back in society

Yeah I had to cut back a bit on trying to tell other people about history. They have no frame of reference, or understanding about the classical period or Dark Ages.
I always have some interesting fun facts about Romans though that somehow manages to astonish people.
The more I learn, the sadder I become that the Western empire fell.

>Don't be sad that it ended. Be glad that it happened

Add me anons

All the good shit was in the east by that point.

Taking an Italian history course rn. If you keep going past 476 you'll find out it's actually not that bad. Essentially, you could've lived through the 470's and not known anything historically significant had happened during the decade. The real collapse in Italy came in 535 with Justinian's invasion and the Lombard invasion (the first true barbarians in Italy) in the 560's.

But even then, what's really lost? The Byzantine empire chugs along and classical Greek Egypt survives until Islam. The Visigoths act as if they're still the western end of Rome until the Muslims show up there too. The Kingdom of Sicily is actually pretty exciting to read about if you're not reading from the Byzantine perspective where they have to deal with the raids and loss of Italian clay.

It's all perspective.

Start stock trading and work towards career related goals

I dont have a career though

get on steroids, now you cant lift on your rest days too
problem solved

Start reading books seriously. Some good books will feel like a movie. I like fiction, its entertaining. Your vocabulary improves, and its better than watching tv. Trust me bro, Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are master tier.

Thanks, retard.

>i recently started learning latin
>vise versa
Well, keep at it, user.

Dude, Runescape is the fucking bomb. Just keep laying it. Can you imagine being the dude who actually plays worthwhile video games AND works out? Just make sure you eat meat, and damn, you're a diamond in the fucking rough.

this
a well written book will feel 100% better then any movie. i stopped watching TV 2years ago because everything looks boring compared to a good book.

>train my soul
>with organized religion
nice b8

i draw my own comic

should I even bother to try dancing if I have never had 'rhythm' whenever I have tried dancing in the past? I am white as fuck and I think that has something to do with it.

40k niggas.

>What do you guys do? I want something that I can get good at and get some return from
I lift three times a week. At rest days all I want is going back to the gym. After workouts all I feel is pain, misery and self-hatred
>you should try

Give me some of your recommendation pls

I wanna get back into vidya every fucking game I try is so bland.

I remember having so much fun gaming before now it just feel like a massive time sinker.

Disagree. There are good and shit shows. There are good and bad shows. There are good and bad movies. All of them have strengths and weaknesses.

Be /well-rounded/

What are you into boss?

dancing is like any other skill. some people have an innate ability and are "natural". most don't. but even naturals spend time learning to get good.

being white has nothing to do with it, never trash your race like that. you've just never tried.

clean your room

Learn an instrument. I suggest guitar.

This

I do archery, no cute girls go to the range that i go to but the guys are pretty cool

I enjoyed pretty much anything except platformer and jrpg.

this sounds like you want to place your arrow in this guys bullseye. but besides from your personal sexual preferences, archery sounds interesting.

What have you tried so far? Personally I haven't played a lot but Paradox's autism simulators always get me, and Witcher 2/3 and KCD have all left my jaw on the floor.

Smithing lvl?

online college

>most iconic latin phrases
>VIPERA VENIT, FABRI OFICINAM, SI QUA RES ESSET QUIBUM, LIMAM MOMORDIT
>O TEMPORA O MORES
boy i miss studying latin

My PC is too old for the new games but I've been a big fan of Mount and blades.
I've been wanting to get into a paradox sim but it seem so overwhelming.

W2 on medium-low settings too? It's got a few holes but atmosphere/story and difficulty wise it's a 10/10.

Thanks to the magic of DLC the simplest paradox games are the new ones so it's either overwhelm yourself or overwhelm your comp. They all take a while to learn but you don't need to know even half the mechanics to have an enjoyable game. Really the only thing that changes is how much cash they get out of you.

M&B is fantastic. Although desu for me the gameplay's been getting repetitive after a while, even with mods. You ever try the original Fable? For some reason it reminds me of that. Can't even fully understand why.

Iron faggot

could you recommend a good way to learn chess? I know the basics and all but I can barely beat a computer on intermediate difficulty.

>the women are hot
Can confirm. Sauce, used to train semi-professional in alpine skiing
That speed suit you had was gay as fuck but women looked damn good in it

Work on your endgame, practice tactics and learn some openings that take you to positions you enjoy.

>and play, play, play

>Make an ultimate iron man (can't bank, can't trade, can't interact with other players)
>Start out dying to a cow in Lumbridge
>Lose all the gear you started with, can't even get to Al Kahrid to tan the hides you collected
>Slowly make your way through beginner quests, get enough HP to not die instantly
>Make plans that get you to intermediate quests like Monkey Madness and Legend's Quest
>Still get locked out of critical content because you can't create basic things like a watermelon to make a scarecrow
>All your grinding takes extra long because you can't keep a bank
>Eventually get lucky drops through slayer and grinding specific monsters
>World begins to open up to you as you finally get into a groove of grinding
>Setbacks happen, but you keep grinding materials to keep gaining exp
>Go from barrows to GWD
>Get a few lucky drops
>Go through raids
>Get a few lucky drops
>Go through the inferno
>Win after 3 hours of a single run
>Max out your skills
>Complete all the quests
>Complete all the achievement diaries
>Drop everything that you've made
>Teleport back to Lumbridge with nothing but a max inferno cape

It's a lingering feel, user.

But whites are the best dancers and have the most diverse and advanced selection of danses ? Stop hating yourself.

I thought you lose your ultimate status if you die?
Wouldn't you just become an ordinary ironman?

You lose hardcore ironman status if you die.

Hardcore = one life
Ultimate = no banking

Daytrading/forex

Ahh.

What's funny is that you actually used to see that shit in lumby. Like what the sadistic fuck man

>anonymous
T. Jordan petermeandmyson

I lift for Rin.

>Drone flying
>cool

I used to paintball a lot, more specifically speedball, but the scene is kinda dying, I’m more into airsoft now, more specifically speedsoft.

Martial arts is pretty dope. And you get to meet a lot of down to earth people through it.

Camping and hiking is super nice. You get to see nature, and autistically sperging over your gear is akin to preparing your gear in a video game.

Amateur geology if you live in a mineral rich area. I know people who go and pan for gold in the weekends and actually find small amounts.

Metal detecting and magnet fishing. The amount of cool stuff you can find doing that is ludicrous. If you find an old relic, you can even get rewards from museums.

>camping and hiking
are their any solid apps or anything that show me any good trails around my area?

Not that I know of, but I'm European with no cool trails near me. We do have a government website that shows all the free campsites around the country, so I just pick one of those and rock up there on the weekends.

how does the gobment know that the campsite is free and not occupied?

Free, as in no money required. I've shown up to some before with other campers around, then I just set up tent a bit off. In such a case, always have half a liter of liquor with you.

Europe is like 4 square miles, pretty sure you can see it all from the top of the capital building in Belgium

Books are your best bet, hikers love writing extensive fucking literature about walking places