How do I get better at sprinting. Do squats help?

How do I get better at sprinting. Do squats help?

Other urls found in this thread:

riggberger.dinstudio.se/files/Jamaican_Sprint_Secrets.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=nImvhQmDA5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

squats, hip thrusts, hamstring curls, and most importantly, practice sprinting technique

Lifting doesnt improve sprinting

You need to do lots of sprint drills

Yes

Being a fast sprinter is mostly genetics. I never trained anything as a teenager and was just fast as fuck, I guess playing sports growing up helped but like I said I didn't do jack shit to work on anything.

Plyometerics
He can still get faster than he is now
Retard detected

Sprinting drills,plyos, oly lifting think explosiveness
You're not gonna see most powerlifters/bodybuilders running faster than someone who only runs

My friend squats way more than me but I will always leave him in the dust when sprinting

Explosive leg movements? Cleans, Snatches, Lunges, Box Jumps. Sit in the hole during a squat and rise up out of it fast.

I was a decent sprinter in school and my squat is easily my best movement, so I think being a good sprinter has some carryover into weightlifting and assuming it would be the same the other way around, but you'd want to focus on power and explosiveness rather than time under tension during squats and lunges etc.

Sprinting will also help.

Do research before posting next time

Not really. You become better at sprinting by sprinting. Lifting won't necessarily make you faster. It's good for your muscles to stay strong and such but your speed will come from your technique and practice. Keep in mind however that going out and performing sets of sprints for the hell of it isn't "practice" this shit has become a science. Try searching the web for planned examples. Don't fall for some meme website sprinting routine either. You have to work on your acceleration and that is done by sprinting short distances (40m for example), you have to work on being able to keep that top speed as well because once you're done accelerating you've hit your limit and you have to be able to maintain that speed for as long as possible. This is where you either win/lose a race. (150-300m repeats for example). I also have to really emphasize the importance of drills and working on you form and start. Sprinting is one of those exercises where the time of rest in between sets is really important. 5min is currently recommended in between sprints. Assuming you're going all out.

He's partially right though. It can help a sprinters explosiveness at the start but in the end your speed will come from speed training.

Most people are terribly slow and will never be fast. But you will get faster through training.

Go back in time and bring a jamaican bull to BLACKED your great great great grandmother

power training would help. Actually, improving power is always a benefit in any athlete. Not so sure on strength tho

Cycling really helped me. Your results may vary.

Ex-national level 110m hurdler here.

Genetics

>this
plyo is the best if not the best work out for your legs for endurence running and or just general leg strength. and biking is a fantastic workout for your legs ie i biked semi professionaly for years before before i got Veeky Forums and even when i was a beached whale i could still run and had damn good legs,

By sprinting you idiot.
>how do I get better at an exercise
Top kek

Sprint, and yes. Try 1 leg variations too.

He's right though. Bolt doesn't even do squats at all.

Weight lifting for sprints is an American invention and they only make it to the finals because of roids.

>Genetics
How to tell? High claf, low calf? etc?

Have you always naturally dominated sprints with zero training? If no then you can certainly improve over your current times but you'll never be truly competitive.

I'd never hurdled in my life until year 10. Decided to give it a crack at the school athletics day and smoked everyone. I was immediately press ganged into joining the school team and was at my first interschool carnival two weeks later.

I never tried to sprint competitively, desu.

I remember doing 100m in around 13 seconds when I was a kid - I was among the worst in class that day.

t. German

How is Usain Bolt so much faster than other members of his species?

Anyone got any idea to help with foot mobility while running/jogging.
E.g would strenthing my tibia anterior stop shin pain?

you just have to be good at sprinting. usually a combo of leanness + genetics. you sound like a fatass and sprinting isn't really important in daily life so you might as well forget about it

one leg is longer than the other giving him unnatural advantage

Improving balance helped me.

This guy (fat German tv moderator) famously has a 12 sec sprint without any training whatsoever at all. He even did some challenges against athletes and smoked them in most cases.

Oh.

ITT: Non Sprinters

Altitude training and running with weight.

Most of these black guys were born in higher altitudes and trained at it there whole lives it's not just muh genetics

Periodization training is the way to go.
Begin by establishing basic strength as sprinting is an explosive, cyclic movement.
Phase two should be aerobic capacity, aka cardio.
Finally, move into sport specific movements. This means working out with sport specific angles. 1/4 squats for speed, plyometrics, down-hill sprinting, cleans & snatches, etc.
Target the posterior chain muscles because that group of muscles bring the heel to the gluteal muscles which shorten the lever (leg) making it easier for the leg to swing forward, aka faster.

- Billy Big Nuts

just why lie on an anonymous board

>How do I get better at sprinting. Do squats help?
some people here are thick as fuck. the best way to improve at something is practice.
or do you think you will magically get faster buy just doing other stuff.
first and foremost sprinting is the best way to get better at sprinting. don't get me wrong squats wont make you slower, so long as you doing sprinting drills, basically any leg workout will help, but again sprinting is the best way to get better at sprinting. Has no one heard of practice?

riggberger.dinstudio.se/files/Jamaican_Sprint_Secrets.pdf

read this. jamaicans train very, very differently form anyone else. And don't have an anti-doping program, which also helps.

Not lying, he's famous, google him.

The best sprinter in my year had a pb of 11 flat for the 100. I was doing 14.5 for 110 hurdles.

My tibia anterior is unironically fucking shredded from doing marching band all 4 years of hs. The technique you learn while marching (I.e keeping your toes up and rolling into your heels) really builds that muscle.

>t. fucking idiot

Sprinters are Jamaican and African american, not Kenyan. Altitude training is for endurance

if the jamaican approach would be obviously superior it would be copied by others asap

its more the lack of anti doping program
and Bolt is a genetic freak among genetic freaks
and everyone involved has an interest in turning a blind eye so a "natural" sprinter wins. i read everyone except Bolt was busted for drugs at some point in their career at one event's final lmao

this. way too many people talking out of their ass, posting in a thread about sprinting who dont sprint

youtube.com/watch?v=nImvhQmDA5I

Please never post again.

Yes squats help, but nothing helps more than genes.

If you're bad at sprinting you're pretty much always going to be bad at sprinting. Consider wrestling, it's great for autismos. Everything is trainable: technique, strength, endurance. It becomes a spiritual battle, no joke.

not even that guy, but damn.
he said squat. you posted a leg press video.
christ

Sprint more, sprint uphill, sprint downhill, sprint with a parachute.

Do explosive powerful movements.

Sprinting shapes you like nothing else but its super high impact. It fucks up my intestines and joints so I stopped doing them routinely. Only do uphill or parachute stuff now, occasionally go all out sprint for the heck of it but very rarely.

>weight lifting for sprints

imagine being so brain dead you think leg press isnt weightlifting

Speed screeches in the park

Squats and situps and cleans

Hey, great thread, just what i needed

I want to start sprinting. I am 25 so obviously its way too late for any competition level sprinting, but i just want to know how fast can i be.

I sprinted in my youth and i was pretty good at it. But i was much lighter.

I am 6'2 90kg now.

How do i start sprinting from 0?

Are you me? I remember I went to football try outs and smoked guys that have been training with 0 effort. Me , just a random autist able to smoke chads from just genetics alone really tells you something