Always got compliments on how his form was amazing

>Always got compliments on how his form was amazing
>herniate a disc at 23

How are squat and deadlift safe again ?

I hurt my back trying deadlifts, prolly bad form but I've never hurt my back with squats and I've been doing them for years

>how are deadlifts and squats safe
Pic related

you gota lift with perfect form on heavy deadlifts everytime. The one time you fuck it up, its over for your back. It only takes 1 mistake. Shits pretty scary when you think about it

Yeah because your body was made for the swole purpose of squatting and deadlifting.

Candytoe lift big weight, big weight crush candytoe, candytoe anger

You're god damn right it was

there is no such thing as "good form", every possible form you could use has high injury risk when you're putting near-maximal loads on your spine 3x/week

powerliftards just use "bad form" to explain away injuries, as in "heh it's his own fault for using bad form, it'll never happen to me because I'll use good form"

Isn't he a soyboy, literally?

desu hes pretty androgynous doesnt have broad shoulders or broad hips

They aren't.
Anyone who told you otherwise is a lying faggot, a lunatic or a noob who hasn't lifted very long.

he has been following a literal mcdonalds diet

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift" - John Player Special

My bad, at first I thought it was that fat vegan powerlifter.

That wears glasses.

Forget his name.

"I'm a faggot."

- OP

>the swole purpose of squatting
Can't tell if freudian slip or pun but I like it

They're not safe user
They are inherently dangerous activities, just like driving a car or riding a bike.
You can do it right 99.99% of the time and then make a mistake .01% of the time and die from it

Bitch fell on her head doing inverted crunches.

So inspiring

Harry Squatter aka Clarence Kennedy

I think KK said once he only hurt his back doing squats, and he's diddly'd 900+ raw

... it's always women who do sit ups on the bench. Like damn bitch do them on the floor.

You're far more likely to suffer a life altering injury or cripple yourself from powerlifting/strength training then you are from riding a bike user.

Let's not bullshit the idiots here.

That depends where you're cycling really. Plenty of cyclists get splatted by vehicles.

Bandito also was squatting fucking insane amounts of weight, especially for a natty.

Seriously if you're an average person not competing there's no reason to squat above a little over 3 plates.. or deadlift over 4 plates.

>clarence
>fat

lol.

I think the actual timeline of what happened was he went as wide as possible doing sumo, then crushed his foot. After that his form was messed up and he herniated a disc from using an altered squat form. He explained it in a vid I think.

If you need to create a situation like that to give your side of the argument any validity...then you never had an argument worth hearing in the first place.

Shame on you.

Factually false.

>natty

I’m a guy who got a discs herniated at 17 years and fixed it naturally and lifting 4 pl8s without issues.

Over training and lack is flexibility is why it happened to me. I had the perfect form. But used to overtrain back, had flexibility issues and my ab muscles were far weaker than my back. It’s not always about form. You need to give enough time for body to recover.

How many people do you know about who died because of powerlifting?
A road cyclist I actually knew irl died while riding, it’s not exactly a ridiculous hypothetical

At first I thought it was upside down sit ups, but on a bench? Wtf did her neck fall on some dumbells

Injuries sustained by cyclists are far more common than weightlifting injuries user, get your head out your ass.

You know, the figure that states that you're less likely to injure yourself from powelifting compared other sports comes from the fact that they use heavily geared up pro powerlifters in a meet who are fucking coddled during their lifts and LIE about injuries or simply ignore them thus not reporting them + machine using gym goers against untrained highschool kids and amature sports players correct?

That figure is a lie.

>sit-ups on a bench
What the fuck? I guarantee somebody was waiting on that bench too

crunches are quite literally a bullshit do nothing exercise because it locks out your spinal erectors and can cause damage unless you have a long torso. Regardless, if you are exercise right, there is NO reason to ever do such a bullshit exercise to begin with.

It's a disingenuous comparison.

Yeah, but scrape that a cyclist gets is easier to bounce back from then the cracked vertebrae and permanently and irreverisble back slippage that comes from a lifetime of powerlifting/strength training.

user.
It's not safe and at the levels that are pushed around here, it's not conducive to health or longevity.

It's a dangerous hobby that will ruin your body and shorten your lifespan and make your twilight years hell if you become serious about it. That's a fucking fact.

As a matter of fact, lying to people about how safe it is and how they are a pussy or not part of the crowd to force them into doing it is how you get injured people and crippled crossfit cultists.

First of all nothing is safe, you can injure yourself doing everything. Secondly who told you your form was good normies, PTs? They all don't know shit.

anecdotal evidence is not an argument you weak little faggot. try harder.

You're right.

So why do things that are MORE dangerous and will lead to injury.
Because nolifers and retards with something to shill online tell them too?

You're just comparing very different scenarios to make that point. You could scratch yourself with a barbell or get hit by a bus as well.
They both have dangers but the benefits are worth the small risk imo.
Why the fuck am I even arguing about cycling vs lifting jesus.

>>herniate a disc at 23
You'd herniate a disc at 25 if you didn't squat or deadlift at all.
You disc herniating genetic dead ends are literally desined for this shit.

just sit on your ass whole day then, and injure yourself anyway.

crunches are decent, but almost nobody gets the movement right.
It's like the behind the neck press.

The proper movement pattern for crunches is 'try to put your nipples in your belly buttonm then hold the contraction' and the ROM is almost as miniscule as OP's dick

>weemin at the gym
Anything for attention, really.

>How are squat and deadlift safe again ?
They absolutely aren't. Neither is benching.

Why do you insist on doing that?
It's not sit on your ass or do heavy ass squats.That's stupid.

This. Machine circuits are the only way to train safely. Make sure to keep the weight low as well.

>Machine circuits are the only way to train safely
Only if you fit withing the 68% of avarage people. The forced ROM of machines will fuck up outliers really bad.

>clarence kennedy
>fat

lol

which part of literally everything can cause injuries you didn't understand?

So you should do things that has both a far higher incidence of injury and horribly bad potential for injury?

You'd have a point if you were a thrill seeker or were trying(and failing) to play up the machismo aspect of it.
But you're just saying that everything can injure you over and over again.

The "BIG"/MAIN lifts as people aorund her call them, are dangerous and prone to injury. That's how it is.

It's not some simple 1000% effective unless your form fucks up then it's your fault and not the lifts fault no matter what or whatever.

It can lead to injury and overtime will accrue enough strains through small fuckups and over reaching big persistent lifelong injuries that will never fullly heal.

One fuck up will RUIN your shit forever. And the potential for fuck up, espescially for naturals who follow the advice and lifting styles of lifelong lifters who don't know what the fuck they are talking about or give a fuck about the natural athlete or longevity.

>espescially for naturals
it's obvious you have zero idea what you're talking about. Injuries are way more common in roiders. I'm done talking with you

How about you actually try squatting above 2plajeet before you start spouting this goddamn nonsense. The people getting injured by these lifts are pushing their bodily limits, of course there is risk and injury involved.
Stop making excuses because squats/deadlifts are too uncomfortable for you.

pussy

People exercise for a reason. If they decide that the risk is worth taking to reach their goals then there is nothing you can do to stop them.

>it's obvious you have zero idea what you're talking about. Injuries are way more common in roiders. I'm done talking with you

According too...

I could squat 4plate at 15 from just fucking around in the gym and doing bodyweight.
I fucked my back up squating 315 by listening to my idiot powerlifting and lifting coach who wanted me to lift in a specific way. He also tried to get me to lift above a certain amount that I just could not do but never once spoke about lifting programs. Just lifting heavy shit with no build up.

And yes they are uncomfortable. I don't have to ever do a single squat or deadlift in my entire life and I can get stronger legs and core from other things. Claiming that if you're not squatting and deadlifting then you're doing nothing or fucking around is something fat loser nolife powerlifter faggots claim.
It's also why people who shill powerlifting have fallen out of favor and are considered imbeciles and losers.

>I could squat 4plate
>b-but i didnt
lmoa ok larper

LARP elsewhere, dork

I never said I didn't.
I said that I did.
I think you seem to think that you CANT lift and workout with lower weight or be told to lift in a way by self proclaimed lifting experts that will lead to you snapping your shit up.

In that case, I've been arguing with a complete imbecile who has a deep need to protect the ego crafted by squatting and deadlifting.

>there's only powerlifting or machines
American education.

Seems like you've been arguing with several people and the consensus is that you're a bitch.

LOL
Ah, fucking nolife losers who worship a never was imbecile and his trash program
You people also think that you're supreme bad asses for barely getting lifts that the average highschool athlete who only ever fucked around in a gym and lead a slightly active life got as a natural teen.

Yeah, I stand by my post.
Powerlifting shilling losers who's ego or pocketbook depends on idiots falling for bullshit.

well I never injured myself and you did lmoa

> Clark Kent--I mean Clarence Kennedy
> fat
kek

You're the one living in fear and getting injured. You won't change anyone's mind with this attitude.

You push shit weight too soo...

How is bench press bad?

textbook projection

Protip: they're not. Do bodyweight exercises instead, faggot.

Retarded ass argument. Sure everything could be construed as dangerous to Some degree, but some things are statistically more dangerous than others. Jesus, why do I have to explain this...

Yeah walking is potentially dangerous

So many misconceptions.... It's not the exercise or movement. It's how YOU choose to approach it.

HOW TO GET HURT

Basically injuries occur when you're subjected to loads that you're not conditioned to handle.
LOAD here is defined as the total amount of work you do (volume x intensity) as well as how tough it is (rate of perceived exertion).

You can experience a single event of a massive fucking load, which will result in immediate structural damage, as the capacity of your tissues is exceeded. This is called an overload injury.

You can also experience a so-called overuse injury as a result of a series of accumulated loads that are either slightly above your tissue capacity, or if there are simply too much and you recover too little. These are the kinds of pains that sneak up on you.

Overuse injuries are much more common than overload injuries, and overload injuries oftentimes have an overuse component, meaning that your body has needed a deload for a while, but you ignored this and now it slaps you right in the face.

Now, how BADLY you get injured depends on how big this load is compared to your individual capacity (and sometimes just poor luck). If you can deadlift 315 with good form and you're pretty well recovered, you're quite unlikely to snap your shit up trying to pull 320. If you've really been pushing the envelope and need a deload, lifting even half your max CAN hurt you (won't necessarily).

Certain factors influence how well you can tolerance load. For example your lifting technique can help distribute the load better, so you can handle more of it.
If you're stressed as fuck or tired, this makes you tolerate less load.

This is what SCIENCE says about how injuries happen. If you want to learn more, look up research by Tim Gabbett.

Is this that Clarence bloke? He herniated a disc? Couldn't find anything on it, in other news his hairline is abysmal.

user, you're more afraid of people being afraid of getting injured.
If you were actually secure in your choices then you'd be honest rather then pretending that it's 100% safe and that form is god and will protect everyone from everything.

It's the spineless thing where you have to convince everyone of something so you can convince yourself or worse, you're a huckster who doesn't give a shit about the negative impact it will have on someone else.

Not at all.

Overuse injuries accrue overtime no matter how well rested you are.
You have to quite honestly live a life of monkhood and take the best growth hormones money can buy to prevent that from occuring.

Secondly, you will get an injury from life long powerlifting and strength training. That is just how things are.
There is no magic form or deload you can take.
Even lifting 1/4 of your max can lead to a life ruining injury.
That's just how it is.

Telling people it is 100% safe is to tell people to not respect the weight.
It is telling people that injuries are their fault because of MUH FORM
Have the goddamed balls to own up to how dangerous it ican be for fucks sake.

>If you were actually secure in your choices then you'd be honest rather then pretending that it's 100% safe
I never said it's 100% safe, quite the opposite. Nothing is. You could slip a disc vacuuming but that's no reason to live in filth. People lift for a reason and they accept the risk. If you don't then that's fine but I think it's a pathetic attitude.

>Overuse injuries accrue overtime no matter how well rested you are.
No. This is objectively false.

But you are on to something. The problem is that neuromuscular adaptations take place at a faster rate than structural micro damage heals. In other words, if you're pushing performance hard, then your performance increases quicker than the actual complete recovery of your tissues - particularly collagen and bone tissue.

So you're absolutely right that if you're going balls out, overuse injuries are almost guaranteed to sneak up on you. But if you're super patient and take a different approach to your training (I guess monk like isn't too far off, actually) then it doesn't have to be like that.

And I also agree that no activity is 100% safe. And the more you're trying to push the envelope of performance, the less safe it is. Training for max performance and for your good health are two quite different things - at least after a certain point.

But you can still absolutely influence the risk by how you approach your training. Being smarter means less risk. Although this doesn't necessarily always means simply train like a bitch, because having too low a work capacity is also associated with a higher injury risk. It's a balancing act.
But it's a long fucking discussion to get into. Like I said, look up Tim Gabbett if you want to learn more.

People who slip a disc from vacuming often lifted something heavily stupidly or are old.

People who do heavy as fuck lifting without regards for long term health will slip their disc or ruin their joints and become near invalids in their early 50's. Unless they are on heavy amounts of shit.

It's a hobby for people who don't have active lives beyond that hobby and can rest and not has to do anything physical ever.

>No. This is objectively false.
You are full of shit or stupid.
I don't know which is worse.

Okay, I'm going to say this as nicely as I can.

What I am conveying is what the research says. It's the actual scientific consensus. One might even call it "facts".

If you have a different opinion that's cool. In fact, I welcome your opinion, user. But just understand that this is your opinion vs. established and non-controversial facts. You don't have to agree with them, that's cool. If you want to call bullshit, that's fine too. Just realize that you're not attacking me, but the scientific consensus. By all means give your perspective. Everybody is free to reseach the issue and make up their own mind.

Dont bother with him, just look at the way he replied to your elaborate post before this. He's either some brainlet soyboy afraid of lifting heavy or just straight up trolling you all along.

You weren't made for the swole purpose of squatting and deadlifting, but deadlifting and squatting were made for the purpose of making you swole. Think about it.

user, you can't train like a powerlifter or strength traiiner 3-6x a week as a natural and prevent overuse injuries.

That is not how it works. It has never been how it works.

You have to work out in a way that goes counter to the whole quick results then coast forever while lifting as heavily as possible nearly all of the time thing.

No one who does that is without overuse injuries. Even the people who preach form above all and have a ton of gear in them have them.

Strawman

That's not a stawman.

A strawman is constantly saying that if you aren't lifting like a powerlifter and doing squats and deads for that "STRENGTH BASE" then you are lifting 5lb pink dumbbells or some such bullshit.

That is a strawman. And the common tactic of people who can't back their position.

I snapped my back on deadlifts it was my fault though. It was a PR on 4 pl8s and I did it with no belt. As I lifted it my core gave out and all the pressure went to my low back. My SHIT snapped lmao couldn't sit without pain for a year. Definitely not worth it just do heavy weighted pullups + rows instead

Should have been a man and built up that deadlift without the weight belt.
Well at least it happened in the gym instead of Real Life where you would have probably gotten cocky from lifting with a belt and honestly thought you were strong enough to lift somthing close to 415 without it.

A strawman means you're attacking a point that was never specifically made in the first place.

You misrepresent the original argument and then attack the misrepresentation. That's a strawman.

Yes....

I know you googled/bing/duck duck go/yahoo'd the definition of strawman

But do you UNDERSTAND what that means and how to use it? Because I quite clearly described a favorite strawman of people like the idiots in this thread.

I don't even know what we're discussing anymore. I think we're in violent agreement?

This. He got injured because powerlifters experiment with form a shit ton.
You shouldnt do this. Pick up a style and master it, stick to it forever, if you wanna switch, significantly drop the weight.

I used to be able to watch this webm with a straight face, but nowadays I just can't do it...

Respect the limits of your body and you won't get injured. Most serious lifters don't respect those limits and suffer in the long term. If you are not competing for money, there is no reason at all to be violent toward your body, which means don't ego lift, deload often, be mindful of your overall stress and fatigue, etc

>not squatting in a heel

baby what is you doin

Statistically, pretty much everyone has multiple disc hernias throughout his life span, even those that don't lift.
Most of which go unnoticed.

Candito and 90% of the youtubers praised here (and on reddit, unsurprisingly) are either 100% meme with either dogshit form or practising the ancient sin called "egolifting"
don't give a fuck about squat 220 kg for reps, focus on form rather than on impressing gay individuals in the free weights area and et voilà, you're safe
a sufficiently retarded individual can hurt himself with a spoon too, this doesn't mean that spoons are to blame ffs