/fast/ #122 - Water edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>REQUIRED READING!!!!!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf
>REQUIRED READING!!!!!

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtu.be/dFT2IKmwyfg

>Tumors - Warning, Dubious at best
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max 2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.
This is regularly referred to as snake juice.

>DYEL?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.
>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast, and fasting is a muscle-sparing way of cutting.

Other urls found in this thread:

tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/253089478
youtube.com/watch?v=yncrC2IQgIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What brand of potassium and sodium shall i purchase? I've got fine Himalayan pink salt at home

what food would anyone recommend I go for after I break a fast?

I have dropped caffeine today.
I have headaches, am shitting asswater and actually wanna die.

Eh.. at least I stopped taking it :)
I also dropped my fast to an omad while chugging all the multivitamins I can till feel good enough for longer fasts

>TFW I have to drop the Chinese restaurant eating with little brother on saturday

I use Morton's

What if OMAW granpa acctually died?

He probably got sick of the bullying and went back to anonposting

how the fuck do you nogglings do this without caffeine?

I use half an EC stack for the first day or two and then don't need stimulants for day 3 and beyond

So I've been experimenting with shedding water loss. I'm almost 2 weeks into fasting (refed on 2 days)

Here is what I can anecdotally say so far:
1-Not drinking enough water will make you retain more water. On days when I drink a lot I tend to lose 0.4-0.5Kg, and on days I keep myself dehydrated I tend to lose about 0.2Kg of bodyweight
2-Dandelion tea kicks ass for shedding water! Tried it yesterday and I dropped 0.8Kg!! Woke up dry as all fucks! I'll try it again today and will report back

Both points are also proven by research but I tried it for myself and it actually worked

many thanks for the dandelion tea (or is it dandelion root tea?). ive been struggling for the past few days with fasting on zero calories, just herbal tea and nothing else and my weight has gone nowhere. going to go out and buy some now

do you guys use ECA stacks too or just let the fasting run naturally

completely natural is working for me, but ive gone to a great deal of trouble to rid myself of all additives and stimulants so not something i would be taking anyway

Dry fast 2 electric boogaloo.

24 hours was way too easy, I regret not continuing through. Aiming for minimum 40 hours this time. Want to push it out to regular 72 hour dry fasts eventually.

well apart from the water retention but im looking to natural solutions to that in the form of dandelion tea

Yeah it's dandelion root sorry I didn't specify. make sure to drink enough otherwise your body will retain fluids

how many cups and what volume (8oz, 12oz, etc.) did you drink?

Are 4 hour fasts worth the effort?

>Are 4 hour fasts worth the effort?
no. that doesnt even come close to fasting. most normal people who havent bought into the food jews (((6MAD))) idiocy do this every day. just no

I've used ECA and done natty. ECA helps with hunger, energy, and will-power. Loss differences will be minimal but ephedrine is muscle sparing so I'm hedging my bets. Just take care because a normal dose of EC gets strong as fuck after fasting for a day or two.

Started with one cup of tea. Recommended was two daily but I want to start slowly to test the waters.

As for water anywhere between 3 and 5 liters a day. There's no "right" amount just make sure you drink whenever you feel even a little bit dry in the mouth

only if done a minimum of 6 times a day.

I do double that when just sleeping. Do you wake up 3 times during the night just to eat?

1 cup = 8oz

(You)

After seeing people responding to his pics I'm never going to post progress.

a good idea tbqh

anyone who posts pics gets vitamin avenger'd eventually

Planning on doing a week long water fast. Do I need any supplements besides salt?

Potassium

Just got through my first +1 day fast. Made it through 70ish hours and just finished my first meal. Ate an ounce of oatmeal and shitload of salad with tofu and salami. The fast went pretty well but i fluxuated between demigod-mode and tired kid-mode in feeling through the days. Also literally sharted my pants twice after consuming too much snekjew in a too short time. Overall wasn´t too bad but i´m gonna stick to 1 day fasts for a few weeks or so before going for +48 hours again. Overall would recommend to anyone still doubting. Best part was those waves of good mood through the days. Ty /fast/ for the good information.

my dick

>i fluxuated between demigod-mode and tired kid-mode in feeling through the days
Oh my god yes! Half crystal clear focus and boundless energy. Half dragging. You really hit the nail on the head.

Depends on how long you're fasting.

I am, but my only progress has been noticable on my belt, it doesn't really show in pics yet.

How much cardio can I do while fasted?

How many calories should my One Meal A Day have if I'm not fat?

POTASSIUM?
>citrate
>permangate
>nitrate
>chloride
>iodide
>sorbate
>bicarbonate

which one? give me a brand name please

Light cardio is best imo.

Remember to adjust the intake of snake juice depending on how much you sweat

water + sodium + potassium.

You can add lemon juice or apple cider vinegar but its not required. most vitamin tablets are useless because most aren't water soluble

So, I've always been skinnyfat and started eating and lifting about a year ago. I'm 6'3, 218lbs at 16% bf now (up from 175). What's the best way to go if i wanna drop below 9-10% till the summer while keeping the muscle gains? I've literally never dieted or had a fast ever before and have the phobia that I'll regress back to skinnyfat dyel.

chloride
NoSalt

Can anyone here help me out?
I'm 6'1" at 290lbs and I need to not be disgusting anymore, what kind of fasting should I do to burn fat and how should I do it?

I was thinking about daily 16 hour fasts but what should I eat for my meal? Are there any suplements I should be taking? I'm sure I should be exercising to take advantage of the HGH I'll be producing but should I lift or do cardio?
Any help is appreciated

i cant get nosalt brand in the UK. does anyone know of an European equivalent?

Your tdee.

>nosalt
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/253089478

Read the OP and the threads you lazy fuck

Reminder that you need to eat seventeen times a day to lose weight!
Only one cheat meal a day though!

Thanks

Okay this is getting serious. I´m somehow really fucking happy compared to most days after that glorious 1.5kg salad. I feel like i just woke up from a long hazy dream. Mind is racing, music sounds amazing, i´m sweating like a pig and i really feel like socializing. Hopefully this lasts at least for tomorrow since i´m supposed to actually get out of my internetcave and go socialize. Anyone else get actual euphoria just after/during fast? Also is it normal to get liquid shits after fast? How do you overcome them? Don´t wanna shart the gym when i go to sqwat first time in months. I took too much snekjews last night and still having some trouble.

You’re high.

I get that when I eat plants, too, but I find it doesn’t translate into motivation. I feel amazing but I can’t be bothered to even do basic shit like make my bed in the morning.

I think it’s happening to you.

For example, you plan on socializing tomorrow. Why don’t you feel like doing it now?

I'm happy during the fast and feel like shit the second I eat until I start another one

Liquid shits are your gut bacteria dying and being expelled. They’re normal if they go a day or two during a long fast and then stop.

Yeah i get somehwat similar feels after a huge salad but not on this level. And i´m only going out tomorrow because we have a large get together with a load of friends that i´m attending to. I´t was one of the reasons i stopped this fast. Not gonna drink beer fasted/ketoed becouse don´t want to get assblasted drunk. I know what you´re saying with the motivation stuff and i´ve experienced it too. This time though it feels substantially different. I lost gym motivation 3 years ago and now it´s only occasional habit of mine. Haven´t been this excited to work out in those 3 years.Currently listening this masterpiece youtube.com/watch?v=yncrC2IQgIM

:)

I just woke up. This is about hour 35 of my fast. Need to decide how to break it soon.

Not feeling particularly hungry, but my head is killing me. Gonna drink some more pink salt. Halfway wondering if I should take some potasssium... might be dangerous though :/

Maybe all I need is water?

Does it matter with which food I break a roughly 40 hour fast? If yes, what food should I eat to break it?

post that kind of shit on /pol/ not here

Why were my keto strips darker at 24 hours than they are now at 35.5 hours? Did my little shot of lemon juice yesterday knock me out of ketosis?

I mean lemons have sugar in them.

not so much. for longer fasts maybe. if you want to ease into it have a bone broth soup and then a couple of hours later have something light but ketogenic with no heavy sugars or carbohydrates like a cheese omelette. after letting that settle you should be fine to eat normally

Because of Intermittent fasting I managed to lose 40 lbs in the course of apprx 5-7months. I took a small two month break in between it while I was dating this chick. My only real question is that my fitbit scale says I'm about 20% body fat even though I'm now 169lbs at 5'9 age 24. Should I talk to someone else about finding out my actual body fat percentage?

ideally get a DEXA scan done, that should give you an accurate fat reading. if you dont want to go to that expense some of the larger pharmacies have decent weighing scales with electroconductor coils which you hold in your hands these should give a reasonable body fat % reading

Oh dang I didn't even know about those. Thanks my dude!

Yeah so it’s makes sense that it might push me outta ketosis. Interesting that cole pushes lemon juice during a fast. Wonder if he’ll ever stop that

Shitload of leefy greans and cucumber with 70g of salami and 200g tofu worked great for me. Just be sure to eat it in a long timespan (1-3h) and observe your body. 50 grams of oats before the salad gave me some kidney pain so i wouldn´t consume too many carbs as a first meal. This is tho only anecdotal experience of mine after 70 hour fast so hopefully someone more knowledgeable comments too.

A couple questions:
Will fasting help reduce bloating after meals? I know I eat too much bread but I really don't eat much besides whole grain toast in the morning. Will fasting for a couple days "reset" my stomach, so to speak?
I also have wack blood sugar and I sperg out really easily when I'm hungry. Since I'm still living with my family, what techniques do you use to center/disgtract yourself during hunger? Thanks a lot in advance.

Fuck. I'm hungry.

/thread

Morning of day seven bois. Scale is down ten pounds to 181 this morning. I now I’ll gain like 4 pounds back once I start eating again, but damn it feels great.

wtf is this trump shit?

shit that belongs on fucking /pol/ not /fast/. theyre all cunts anyway

Some co workers want to get brazillian bbq tomorrow. If I break my four day fast at that point, how long will it take to get back into fasting mode?

if you can avoid eating too many carbs then you could be avoid being kicked out of ketosis. the key thing is not to be glutinous, stick to the meat and avoid things which are heavy in sauces or cooked in sauces as they tend to be packed with sugar

Once you take your last bite, your fasting again.
Ketosis takes 12-24 hours to start. And up to two days to really kick in.

just don't go faggot

if the entire world was fasting and only eating from the grocery store occasionally

then sooooooo many multi-billion dollar companies would go bankrupt (mcdonalds burgerking tacobell pizzahut applebees fridays etc etc etc)

it's so clear why the media and society demand that we eat as much as we can- without this money, their businesses would implode

done much walking today?

or standing...

mostly these days i just lay in bed because i am working for a new client and also figuring out which gas scooter i should buy

because car insurance is a scam and so are speeding tickets

Can't make money selling medicine to healthy people.

imho going low carb for a few weeks and then slowly going down to omad would show good results. if you wanted to speed it up you could ADF or fast as long as you can aka snake diet.

>Can't make money selling medicine to healthy people.
well you can, you just have to convince them that their normal reactions to life being shitty and depressing are a "disease" that can be cured by drugs. multi billion dollar industry catering to "unhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaapppppppyyyyyy" cunts right there

you sound like a fookin carb junkie
stop being one

totally agree with what you guys are saying-- these corporations are making 5-25 billion per year just by selling food and drinks to their zombified customers

and once they get you sick enough from a lifetime of eating, then THEY MAKE MONEY FROM YOU AGAIN when you go to the hospital or doctor and get pumped up full of drugs which will keep you just barely alive

by simply not eating 90% of your life, and making bland boring choices when you do eat, you will completely undo trillions of dollars of market capitalization

it's beautiful

>"hm, maybe OMAD 5:2 would be a good idea". I could loose a couple of kg"
>notice everyone ITT implies they're obese
>literally a method for obese people

Yeah nah

K.

a proper method for obese people is weeks of fasting

Is lemon juice really /fast/ friendly?

I’d much prefer to not eat 90% of the time and then make dank delicious food choices.
I fast so I can eat like shit and not be fat.

If you're retarded enough to think that not eating won't make you lose weight then good luck to you I guess. Don't forget to eat seven times a day with snacks inbetween.

Is it okay to fast without himalayan salt but no nosalt (none in my country)?

that's fine, i mean me too, but i never eat out, i only buy from the supermarket

and if i was really autistic i would order factory direct lol

either way, if you buy fries and ice cream and burgers from the supermarket and never set foot in a mcdonalds again, you would RAPE current assumptions in the stock market

yes, it is extremely good for blood pH and has no calories worth talking about

yeah. himalayan salt is a bit of a meme anyway. it has some good micronutrients but not enough to make any difference and at least some of it is just normal salt dyed pink. the dye does more harm than good. better to just stick to NoSalt

gonna break my fast with pizza :(

why do i have zero willpower lol

>why do i have zero willpower lol
because you are weak

I don't have any nosalt though and it would take +7 days to arrive in my country. Is it okay to fast without it and only with salt?

how long did it last? it only gets easier the longer you go

your hormones are telling you to eat. that is the problem. i have been posting here about leptin imbalances. you can literally be 600lbs and have years worth of food on you, and your body will still scream at you to eat

you have a disease called leptin resistance and the only way to break through it is to be uncomfortably hungry

Haha, see, this kinda proves the point. You're all in this obese diet cult thing. You imply I eat 7 meals a day just because I'm not fasting.
>reee non-obesers get out reee
Lmfao just stop drinking soda fatty

Lmfao

what country are you in outer mongolia?

no were not saying that. were saying put down the fucking fork for your own sake not ours. if you didnt have a problem you wouldnt be here

It's clear that you aren't expending effort here at all, just like the rest of your life

Go back to /fat/ you layabout

Iceland