Why can't we be happy forever?

Why can't we be happy forever?

That takes the fun out of things

Would you like suffering, in order to truly experience the joy of something?

I want to be happy again, as I was when I was 10

being happy 100% of the time is a suffering of its own, ironic really, we strive to rid our lives from problems but without problems our lives would be really really boring, i believe unconsciously create problems out of thin air just so we can have a purpose, something to look forward to

without negative emotion, positive emotion cannot exist

human perception is purely relative

Horseshit

Happiness is a journey, not a destination, user.

Learn to love yourself, strive to achieve, and you'll find that happiness is something that's been inside you all long, waiting for you to find it.

I'm happy that you're not happy though

1. Why would anyone deserve that?
2. Without unhappiness you have no real drive to improve.

if you are happy 24/7 you will stop making progress in life

You won't be feeling anything for eternity after you die. It's all going to be just an infinite darkness.

Because you learn only through suffering.

you have a big set of emotions, you can't be happy 24/7, that is not living at all

>Happy when I was 10

I feel bad for you guys that had a good and happy childhood. I've had the dark cloud over me since birth so it feels more normal than a guy that hit the internet wall at 18

you weren't happy, you were naive.

i too have 'happy' memories from my childhood but if i think harded that life sucked even harder than now even though im miserable right now.

Can't enjoy the sunshine without a little rain.

U should read Notes from the Underground by Dostoevskij

this. 4 seasoners know that theres nothing like a summer after winter or vice versa.

can't enjoy sunshine if there never is sunshine

because happiness is a temporary reward for being productive and achieving goals

if you try to live a good life youll be happy

if you try to be happy you often wont be, and you probably wont live a good life either

sadness is an important emotion to have. its useful for knowing when things arent working correctly and you need to make a change in order to feel happy again.

Why can't you just admit that this is what you want Veeky Forums

Happiness is a byproduct of achievement
You haven’t achieved anything

>I can't enjoy the sunshine that I'm willingly blind to

>Learn to love yourself
What does this even mean.

Elon Musk is/was depressed.

I think many men struggle to come to terms with this fundamental desire for a loyal and loving partner because they think its a zero-sum game and that having a loving relationship is somehow going to preclude them from enjoying other aspects of their life.

Alternatively, they have the mentality that "if it's not perfect then it's not worth it", but what they don't realize is that the struggle to build and maintain a worthwhile relationship is the true value of a relationship. It's not about the tropical vacations, it's about the effort required every day to be in a good enough place to enjoy those vacations.

Or they're just permavirgin incels LOL

Life is terrible.

Coz I know I can't have it.
So I put my hopes on other meme beliefs

You can with less attractive girls.

Im just not attracted to less than 7/10 girls. It's always been that way, but they're out of my league. I only get ready to invest and actually interested if I like the girl.

Because I'm not even sure if I want a gf. Yeah I guess it would be nice but I've seen a lot of people get fucked up because of their gfs. Also I'm pretty mentally unstable so having a gf would be a bad idea.

Who the fuck keeps making these threads?