Deadlift flat sole or lifting shoes?

Deadlift with flat soles or lifting shoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/training/shoes
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP here, I've always traditionally used flat soles but recently started wearing my lifting shoes for it and now idk which I prefer

When you say lifting shoes, do you mean olympic weightlifting shoes with a higher heel? I personally prefer oly shoes for deadlifting, they help me get into the proper starting position and engage guads, hamstrings and glutes more. When I deadlift in flat shoes I feel my lower back doing all the work. However, that's just me, most people I've heard recommend deadlifting in flat shoes, so idk.

Yep with a higher heel just as you see in the photo (although I have a different pair). And yes I have the exact same reasoning for engaging legs more since I fucking hate squats anyway so I wanted my deadlift to help out with lower body more too since I only squat once a week.

chicken legs detected

lol I wish my legs are big as fuck because I have pretty wide hips for a guy

I do RDL in soles.

That's understandable but I am talking regular deadlift

My personal preference is flat shoes if pulling near max weights since I am closer to floor, pulling in 0.75 heel shoes creates a slight deficit, so it comes to if you want to pull as much as possible. If you are doing it for general strength/bodybuilding it's fine.

flat shoes for deadlifts

Any risks if I do deadlifts barefoot?

nothing wrong with a slight deficit, more ROM, not like you're in some powerlifting meet

Dirty feet

A fat fuck sitting at the desk in LA Fitness literally running up to you to say "S-s-sir, you have to l-lift in your shoes here."

Any recs for lifting shoes? what makes them special, the just heal? I see pic related has wooden heels

Whats your squat and deadlift max?

Incompressible sole. So no loss of force.

They look a bit flimsy, but if that's your budget maybe go for similar priced adipowers or spend a bit more for reebok legacy shoes, which will probably be more durable
go check reviews on youtube
but no matter what you do, do not get nike romaleos 3, they are terrible and will fall apart. I've got a pair of them and the tongue tears easily when pulled, the roof is a bit caved over when you tighten the laces, the straps crumple around the loop it goes through when pulled too tight, and personally there isn't enough arch support

Thanks

godspeed user

This.

Switched from regular cheap-ass gym-shoes to Adidas Powerlift 3.1's. They are amazing for squats and somehow does wonders for my leg drive when benching.
Still just can't seem to deadlift with them, and sumo deads are just out of the question. I rather just deadlift without shoes.

Hmm. I've been stalling on deads and they wreck my back. I feel that legs aren't really in it. Might have to take the plunge and get lifting shoes

Damn your suggestions are expensive lol

It costs money to make it

Anons have said these are decent? Still like $85 or something

>needing lifting shoes

>Not deadlifting in socks
Never gonna make it

In socks you fucking nerd. The people you see with "lifting shoes" are 9 out of 10 times weak as fuck with bad technique. You don't need special shoes to lift.

OP here, I recommend Adidas Powerlift. I have the original but they now have a second edition, I'm not sure how different or "better" it is but the ones I have weren't too expensive at all and have held up amazingly. Just don't wear them around outside of the gym... they aren't made for walking around a lot.

Flat. Look at any powerlifting competition.

startingstrength.com/training/shoes

>incompressable sole
>incomprehensible soul