Battling normies

how do you filter out the noise, Veeky Forums? i dont even know how to respond to this, if i even should

remember that the gains goblin menace is real

Just go to the sticky and find any of the many sources that prove that's a dumb way of looking at fitness and link them. Or just cook and paste to look smarter.

Don't give advice unless asked. If you do give advice be blunt. Or just ignore the retards.

the core/abs conflation just makes me feel like its more trouble than its worth

wise.

Anyone who uses swole unironically should be gassed

He's right. You don't need to squat X amount to feel adequate you fucking autist

>i just want arms and a 6 pack
"then do arms and abs, silly"

kys

"functional strength"
you retards keep using that word but you have no fucking clue on what it actually means.

Nothing wrong with leaning out a bit, user. I bench 405 for 2 and squat 585, but I still cut every summer.

please, bestow upon us your ultimate wisdom.

useless post.

It's a fucking meme

>functional strength

any time I try to give a normie good advice and they reject it, i turn to the meme advice about getting toned and give them the kind of shit ass workouts they want to hear they should be doing, but i purposefully make it even worse than normie advice so they'll never make progress. If they don't want to work hard for gains, I set them up for loss.

Anyone who says functional strength is good in modern day where there are no requirements to do anything exhausting is a faggot.

>toned

>Implying normies have the attention span to read a whole article

just agree and dismiss.

When the people ask me whats the point of going heavy, I answer "why not?". I do this because I enjoy it. Its a challenge. And although the results are what I'm aiming towards the journey is the whole point. Its fun and I do it for myself.

And if some random thot thinks I look good, hey good on you glad that I made you feel something positive. And if she disapproves then I dont care, I do this for myself.

t. Has no idea about people who work in construction or labor in today's world.

>Just go to the sticky and find any of the many sources that prove that's a dumb way of looking at fitness

if the only thing they want from fitness is "toned arms and a six pack" to impress the girls, then that's their business. it's a matter of personal preference, you cant "prove" or "disprove" it.

sure, they wont get their deadlifts and squat up with that mindset, we all know that, but they dont give a shit about that anyway so it doesnt matter.

First off never talk about lifting with normies. If they bring it up, keep it vague (like saying that you do it for fun or something) and then deflect to something else.

This. Remember that as important lifting is to you, you should treat it as you would brushing your teeth or taking a shower when talking to normies- yeah you do it, but don't make a big deal about it.

Being swole is really cool, lifting is a terrible conversation topic for normies.

rapidly becoming obsolete with increasing technology

dude, if you ever *really* worked in construction the last thing you want to do is to lift more weight after your shift ends just for fun.
yes, functional strength is a retarded meme.

>dude robots will do anything lmao
>just you wait bro, we'll have androids running all the construction sites soon!
>its gonna happen any day now! elon musk told me so on reddit!

whatever helps you feel better about yourself