Reminder that if you can't bench 2pl8s for reps by 6-12 months (depending on your bw), you shouldn't be posting here

Reminder that if you can't bench 2pl8s for reps by 6-12 months (depending on your bw), you shouldn't be posting here.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/BBMilitaryPress.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why this obsession with bench press?

because its the best exercise to look like you lift

If I could remove any lift from the 4, it would be the bench

reminder that if you care about what other men do in the gym you’re a faggot

I can bench 2pl8 on the Smith machine but I don't know how much that would be on a normal bench
>tfw no gym bro to spot you

>Can’t push 2 plates, but can push 110 db in each arm
>Mfw

literally barely 1 plate

that would be my second after da press

But the press is the best one to make is probably ranked number 2 for exercises that help you look like you lift.

wow its almost as if the rom is less with dumbbells

Press is actually my favourite

Are you retarded, ROM is more with DB unless you’re doing it completely wrong
Look up any fat fucking power lifter video of their max bench and ROM is 6 inches

press used to be my favorite then wa la...shoulder pain

>muh rom
the call of dyels everywhere

How could that possibly be true?

Fuark those digits
I see you satan

Do I get a pass if I have no spotter

I would like to see your dumbbell form lmfao

It's pretty fucking hard to get a better bench when you have to be constantly have to cut and even maintenance is considered bulking when it comes to my psychology, so fuck you and your 2 plate reps, yeeah I propally could have done 2 plates for reps 2 months ago, but I didn't have a spotter because im not a normie scum and that was on a liner bloatgaining maintenance, faggot.

When I actually get to below a 10% bodyfat and finally do a bulk for the first time in my life ill blow faggots like you out of the water. You human garbage.

I fucking hate bench press.

>STOP CUTTING

I can do 1 plate for 10 reps after 1 month of lifting. I don't know if I could reach 2 plate in 6 month but my goal is to get in better shape for rugby not to become a powerlifter.

I mean there was a Veeky Forums survey and most who took it couldn't bench 2pl8. If anything if you bench 2pl8 YOU belong somewhere else.

this includes proper dumbbell bench form

Can't bro got a vacay coming up gotta have abs so I can show up you bloatmaxing fags who daren't take their shirts off at the beach

how the fuck are you going to work your chest than Rippetits

>gotta have abs

>lifting since November
>just got to 160 for 3x5 bench
>the most I benched was 165/170 for 5x5 with shit form years back

how fucked am I?

Its the most normie lift out of the big three

I can litteraly only bench half a plate.
To be fair, only two weeks in.

But Im a litteraly arm and chestlet.

>daren't

OP, reminder that you're an asshole.

OP, the exact opposite is true. If you are a skinny, lanky, ugly, DYEL, with such shit genetics and habits that it takes you two or three times longer to make the same gains as manlet master race, Veeky Forums is the exact place for you.

Also, reply to this or your mother will die in her sleep toni-

OHP works the clavicular pectorals already, and that is the only relevant pecs for aesthetics
no matter if you're a boy or a grill

Whatever, plenty of people start at those levels. That doesn't make you a bundle of sticks. You're only a bundle of sticks if you continue to post this question and go looking for shortcuts instead of putting your head down for 12 months and just grind till you get some strength. You're literally the definition of "sucking is the first step to being good at something." I just see so many retards on fit asking inane questions to the point that they barely put any real effort into training their balls off. And you need to train your balls off if you want any significant mass. Quit posting, lurk moar, and eat 21k calories a week.

I could bench over half a pl8 on day 1
How does it feel?

Dumbell fags on suicide watch

I love Do it with Dan

Not that you even asked a question, I'm off some serious gas brother, but the point remains. No one cares if you suck, but it's really not that complicated to work out of your slump if you actually have willpower, so there ya go. Off with ye.

I'm at 255 5x5 right now at 9 months in but haven't progressed beyond 320 for a 1RM in months, even though my weight for reps is going up. I have also lost 20lbs of body weight since early December... Is my diet what is stalling my lifts? I have 10 more lbs to go before I hit my goal BF%.

>love bench
>right shoulder keeps popping and it’s generally painful

What do?

Where the fuck did I ask a question? I litteraly just said Im armlet and chestlet, Im not OP btw, just stating the obvious.

cool story big boi,
but how many push ups can you perform?

>Is my diet what is stalling my lifts?
yes

Bench correctly

Feels like I am less strong than you and was more out of shape on day one. Nothing surprising here.

Check out Alan Thrall's 'How to bench'. Fixed my issue right up.

Cant risk it

See you in 6 months kiddo

Well fuck, that's me gone, I've been lifting for 6 months now, lifting 60kg and I'm about to start cutting for 4 months, that gives me 2 months to go from 60 to 100kg.

Bye lads.

roughly zero pounds

ok dyel powerlifter

ffs i've been lifting for 16 months and i've yet reach 2pl8s

>how much do you bench
>how long did it take you to reach 2pl8s and bw

It's, for what reason, become the "how big is your dick" of the gym. Shit's ridiculous. There's literally no reason to bb bench press unless you're an athlete or have a passion for shoving things.

>but muh progressive overload-induced hypertrophy

Db presses, chest dips, cable flys, and even the damn pec-dec can all be incrementally loaded and better isolate the chest than the bb bench press. They're also all safer and much more forgiving if your form isn't that great, unlike the bb bench which will impinge your shoulders and saw a hole in your rotator cuff if done incorrectly. Seriously can't stand the exercise or bench bros and their shitty internally rotated shoulders. I've literally had guys who look way shittier than me and who I know I can out-lift in every other exercise hit me with "yeah, but how much do you bench?"

this.
i never ask people how much they bench.
a better marker is how much you can row on different variations and how much can you strict pause overhead press

aesthetically the number 2 thing that sets you apart from other weakfags is your chest.

big chest+ ok shoulders+ ok bis+ lean enough for some abs==max pussy

almost maxed out the dumbells in my gym for dumbbell flat bench though, so what do I do after that?

>depending on your bw
people are not reading this, unless you start at 1pl8 you can't make it to 2pl8 for reps in a year. The average is 10lbs per month. I started at 50lbs and now I'm at 195 for reps, I could probably do 2pl8 once but I don't do maxes

> big chest+ ok shoulders+ ok bis+ lean enough for some abs

this isn't even half true for natties.
what really sets you apart is
delts + upper back + forearms + triceps

Lifting for 4 years and still bench 135 for 5 sets of 8

Upper back and forearms are very important for making you look actually strong

Yep and the best part is the upper back recovers quickly.
High frequency horizontal rows are king

bench already works front delts and tris like OHP but also chest. OHP does technically involve the chest but it will absolutely not grow them at all/make stronger, it would have to take your pecs remotely close to failure to do that but it doesn't.

And don't try to pull that retarded Rippebitch bullshit like saying OHP works all heads of the delts evenly, it is overwhelmingly a front delt movement with a little lateral delt involved and absolutely 0% rear delt.

This retarded thread is good for one thing: rolling for pushups.

>tfw can't bench 2pl8
>posting here anyways

you can't stop me

btw ohp > bench

Didn't know that, noticed that i can manage BBr sets every 2min instead of 3min only recently.

I'm 155 lbs
Bench is 170

Been lifting foe about a year

>0% rear delt.

you're supposed to push up and back and shrug at the top to get it fully overhead.
thats where the rear delt comes in, to lock it out at the top
thats why having a strong upper back helps so much with ohp

I meant more in the sense of frequency of training days, like 3x a week

Not taking chances

>and back and shrug at the top

>*Pops shoulder*

Prefer DB's OHP.

Oh, well yeah can do bbr every other day fine.

404 rear delts not found

Reminder that if you can't bench 2pl8 for reps in 6-12 months you definitely SHOULD be posting here because the average Veeky Forumsizen is a DYEL skeleton manlet and you're in good company.

Hi,
you're utterly retarded and you don't know shit about anatomy, not the mention the difference between the sternalis, major and the clavicular head. It's the downside of sites like this, everyone has to deal with cancers like yourself. Moreover, it's highly probably you don't even enjoy potato strength. If I wanted a good laugh I'd probably ask you your OHP 1RM..

fuck u faggot

Satan hates dyels confirmed

Replying for mum fuck you

>bench presses on the smith machine

both the sternal and clavicular head of the pectorals contract as a unit dumbass. Besides that you've offered 0 counterargument besides some naughty words.

> the difference between the sternalis, major and the clavicular head.

both the sternal head and clavicalr are part of the pectorals major.

>he thinks ohp works the chest properly

Gtfo blaha

I love my mom boyos!!

t. weak little faggots with a shit bench.

reminder: "bench press doesn't matter" or "bench press is a bad indicator of strength" is absolutely code for "i have a weak, shitty little faggot bench press".

>Implying you can rotate your wrist or widen your arms to lower the dumbbells lower than is possible on BB

I mean, if you keep the weight low enough you can lower DB past your torso but that's probably not good for shoulders. That pic is retarded.

keep telling yourself that

>3 plates

Gym bro go home.

yikes

>been 2 years
>still cant

hehe

nah, i can recall it every so often and it will constantly be true. no need to repeat it regularly like it is for a weak shitter with a terrible bench press like you. stay mad, fairy boy.

yee yee

>been lifting for a year and a half
>can only DB press 70s

Is there any hope for me?

agreed

also a reminder that if you can't deadlift 405 for reps by 12 months, you shouldn't be posting

Then why are his elbows lower with dumbbells?

post your bench

Your stupidity troubles me friend.
You have to eat.
You have to eat.
You have to eat.
I know, I fucking know "abs are made in the kitchen" and you've got roasties to show up, but you are literally tearing up your muscles and not inputting enough material for them to build back stronger.

You are a dude in the pen getting fucked for free user. At least try and get some jello out of it.

I started off on the smith, and it was nice. For beginners.
The bar on a smith machine usually weighs 15lbs, but it also might be zeroed. So two plates on a regular bench press would be about 225, while two plates on a smith machine is 180-195lbs. Impressive, until you remember that part of the exercise on a regular bench involves stabilizing the bar. The smith machine is a glorified pulley machine.

Switch to incline db press and/or tweak your time under tension.