How do you resist junk food?

>barely any money in bank account
>haven't had junk food since Sunday, a really long time for me
>went to buy vegetables and almost bought binge food for "one final binge" (for the 300th+ time in the past few years, srs)
>Honey comb Ben and Jerry's was discounted, chocolate was discounted, Doritos looked tasty as fuck

Is McDonalds food acceptable? How often can you eat junk food and still have good aesthetics?

Omad cico caffine, fasted state will feel like a natural high just minding sleep pattern is harder

I don't really have a sweet tooth, but I still eat lots of salty stuff

Coffee has destroyed my gains in the past year. Absolutely fucked me up

It all depends on you and your goals. If you’re lifting hard and heavy, some junk food every once in a while is fine. If you’re fat and trying to lose them titties, then I’d advise not caving in to junk food at all. Strict diet only, even if you’re lifting hard. That’s the quickest way to trim fat.
If you’re just trying to maintain a certain body fat percentage, then junk food is alright, as long as you make up for it.

>How do you resist junk food?
"maybe i should go buy some junk food"
"hmm... on second thought, maybe i shouldn't"
and then don't.

>tfw you can eat nothing but fast food and sugary junk food for 3 months without exercising but you still lose a bit of weight because you don't overeat like a fucking pig

how

eating mcdonalds isnt going to reduce muscle, it just increases fat. that's why it's bad. you'll still gain muscle

Yes, how? I'm spooked because I drink like 3 cups a day while fasting.

bro how is impulse eating even real like lmao nigga just put down the fork

That's the thing, you keep allowing yourself "just one more time". You might be the type of person who needs to cold turkey.

For me, what really helped is learning the hard facts about what processed shit does to my body, and really paying attention to its detriment on energy/mood ... Now when I see the tempting shit, I just remind myself, it's really not worth it for 5 minutes of pleasure (not to mention the guilt after consuming hurts like hell).

Stay stronk

Just remember that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Then go and distract yourself until you are truly hungry, and eat mechanically to give your body the best fuel.

Honestly you just have to stop viewing food in terms of what it tastes like. Cut processed foods and sugar to train your taste buds. Once you do that for a few months healthy dishes WILL taste good if not better to you than the junk you were eating before.

Also don’t allow junk food in your house user. That way you can’t give in to temptation.

few months ago I wouldn't have understood what you meant. I always had an "Ill start tomorrow" "ill start monday its a fresh week" mentality. cold turkey changed my life.

I don't have it in the house, that's how I resist it

"That junk food sure does look tasty... too bad I'm cutting and have self control and am not a fat piece of shit like OP"

I have solved this problem by doing the following:
1. I have no junk food in my house. I don't buy it, so that when I crave it, it won't be around.
2. I always have tasty healthy food on my person. When I get hungry for McDonald's or some shit, I eat the healthy food I have on me to hold off hunger till my next meal. I keep granola bars, carrots, apples, and pickles at work. I fucking love pickles and they are like zero calories.
3. Oats for breakfast. Having something substantial and healthy in the morning really keeps me from getting hungry and feeling like I need to get McDonald's. I use flavored instant oatmeal. It isn't the healthiest, but it's better than the alternative.

Buy those disgusting salads from McDonald's and add eggs. Junk food is for normies and soyboys dude.

>tfw you get scurvy while living in civilized society

go cold turkey. I'm proud user. I do lent every year, you will focus on a fix, something like tea or coffee in all likelihood. The difficult bit comes after 4/5 days, then you're past it and it's easy.

I'm bulking so I can eat junk food like McDonadls but I'm off all snack like foodstuffs and alcohol which is a big thing for me, I've a 4-5 nights/week drinker.

Expand?

What do you do if out and need a quick and easy lunch? I've been looking at just getting a hamburger and their bbq chicken wrap, £3.88 total, 750 cals, 36g protein.

OP here. Coffee ruined my gains because it ruins my sleep. I keep drinking it and telling myself today is the last coffee and I've done that for a long time

I don’t. I’m pretty good when I cut though. Generally have one cheat day a week.

I try to avoid buying junk food, so I don't have readily accessible junk food. Otherwise, I try to drink a lot of water which for some reason helps me resist eating it.

>not eating McDonald’s
Not gonna make it

I'm not saying I being end up out and about and needing food. Sometimes I cave and get McDonald's, sometimes I'm just too fucking busy and end up eating fast food because I'm hungry, busy, and it's fast. I just make choices that minimize the chances that will happen, and McDonald's is a last resort. Plus it's money. Fast food is still way more expensive than chicken, rice, and beans. I also meal prep for the weak on Sunday. That way I usually have lunches with me.

>What do you do if out and need a quick and easy lunch? I've been looking at just getting a hamburger and their bbq chicken wrap, £3.88 total, 750 cals, 36g protein.

honestly i used to think that cooking something is hard but there are these frozen veggies that you just pour into a pan and they have the sauce/water/oil included, you dont even need to add anything. Then I pour in a couple of eggs and it's literally an awesome meal in under 10min. But you need a good frying pan that doesnt stick, sticky pans ruin my motivation to cook anything
same thing with most things, I'm not a good cook at all but if you dont cook for taste then fying up some meat really quickly is super fast and easy and fairly cheap

I have a massive sweet tooth, but for me it's just a matter of cutting down on it and getting used to not having any, that eventually you just don't crave it as much
And when I'm cutting it just feels like the junk food is just calories I didn't work hard enough for, and I feel ashamed to even have just a muffin

Ah fair enough. I'm a uni student so if I premake my lunches they're basically just sandwiches. Hard to get time to meal prep as well, normally I end up eating breakfast (ulster fry) in uni, heading to town for a mcdonalds and back to uni again then home for dinner. I eat a good home cooked meal every night though, get my veg then.

I'm in uni so it's a tonne of hassle bringing it in. Going to start back to me 2 boiled eggs and toast for breakfast though. Made beef curry noodles the other night but it is a lot of hassle, plus I'm not allowed in the kitchen after 9pm so when I get home at 7 then I can do fuck all by the time I workout or if I'm going into work straight away. Live for my sirloin saturdays though lol.

I replaced a lot of sweets with cuties and apples but goddamn i love popcorn

being poor helped me with my cut tbqh

Eat whatever you want and train like fuck?