Plg powerlifting general

Knut... lol

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20140714005453/http://globalpowerliftingalliance.com/Zahir Khudayarov Ban.html
elitefts.com/education/coaching-education/the-coachs-guide-to-teaching-the-bench-press/
youtube.com/watch?v=aGyAcxDqWXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like cum lol

Disrespectful.

when i front squat, i tend to drop pretty fast to the bottom. where would the muscular weakness be? quads, core, etc.?

damn, trappy looks like THAT?!

7am, haven't gone to bed yet, just had a wank.
Can't wait for work in an hour. Yay.

Why are you front squatting?

R8 my "Westside"

Terrible

Why?

>in public wearing full hoodie and sweats
>feel fat and ugly and accept I'm going to die alone
>alone at home in my underwear
>catch myself in the mirror
>Jesus I'm fucking hot I'd fuck myself

Why am I like this

Your "max effort" is totally random and includes variations that are not prescribed by Louie. Plus we change every week until circa max. Your warm up is stupid. Dynamic effort doesn't have enough sets. Accessories aren't specified (which is a huge reason westside works). And basically fuck you for making me type all this when you aren't even signed up for a meet.

>Your "max effort" is totally random and includes variations that are not prescribed by Louie.
It’s called weak point training. Variations prescribed by Louie is aimed at geared lifters, which mostly focuses on the lockout.
>Plus we change every week until circa max.
Max effort is changed every 1-3 week. For new lifters this is closer to 3 week, experienced lifters adapt quicker.
>Your warm up is stupid.
It is inspired by Mark Bell for warming up the joints. Dave Tate writes about a world class lifter who do 20 rep leg press before max effort, and laugh about lifters who complain that they their warm up affect their max effort. He even said that Louie would make them do pulldowns before JM press to pre-exhause the tricep for growth.
>Dynamic effort doesn't have enough sets.
60% for an experienced lifter is heavier than for a new lifter. Mark Bell therefore recommends fewer set and more weight.
>Accessories aren't specified (which is a huge reason westside works).
Accessories isn’t supposed to be specific. Dave Tate says increasing your accesories weight won’t do shit for your main lift. Therefore he recommend weider method for increasing muscle mass. A bigger muscle is a stronger muscle.
>And basically fuck you for making me type all this when you aren't even signed up for a meet.
I had to write all this because you haven’t done your research.

I can only imagine you are a legitimate cripple if you need 200 + 200 repetitions for your limb warmups.

wtf are you me

totally forgot about this
web.archive.org/web/20140714005453/http://globalpowerliftingalliance.com/Zahir Khudayarov Ban.html

>using bands
>barely 225 bencher
OH NO NO NO

you arent tight

>using bands
Only for dynamic effort
>barely 225 bencher
Actually it’s 200

>Actually it's 200
*inhales*

pls be in kgs

Is use the highest pin at 2pl8, and lower it every max effort a good way to overcome my 200ibs plateau?

No. Just eat more. Try harder and increase your bench + tricep volume.

What's your technique like? Video?

you mean biceps?

you mean forearms?

Shitty. I lose a tiny bit of upper back tightness trying to grab the bar. I have just started using leg drive, but the bench is slippery, so I lose some arch.

My set up is to press against the bench to tighten my upper back, and walk backwards with the legs to gain arch.

I don’t have a video yet.

I think bands and dynamic effort days are acceptable for all stages. Nothing wrong with using bands as a 200lb bencher, unnecessary maybe, but not wrong.

Get that setup tight and consistent, keep working on the leg drive and you'll probably start seeing progress again.

Worth a read;
elitefts.com/education/coaching-education/the-coachs-guide-to-teaching-the-bench-press/

Also I use a medium grip, I can’t go any closer without hurting my elbow. I don’t bend or rip apart the barbell, because it also hurts my elbow.

How can I use leg drive without slipping?

I never learned how to rip apart the barbell. That's probably one of the things keeping my bench so shit.

Every time I try that mental cue my form goes to absolute dog shit (even worse I mean)

Can someone look over my max effort exercises? I’m still not sure if it is optimal.

Just do Starting Strength you retard

For fuck sake

Get some none slip shelf liner (pic related) a roll is about £5 on eBay. Cut a piece just big enough for under your shoulders. Folds up small so you can keep it in your gym bag.

Just Chalk up your back.

youtube.com/watch?v=aGyAcxDqWXM
if you don't have the speed of a sprinter the plasticity of a gymnast the strength of a boxer how can you expect to bench press more than me

I've no idea what "rip apart the barbell" means and I bench 165kg, no sign of stalling.

Weight should be enough to hold you down?

t, king of manlets

what's wrong user? you can't outlift a manlet?

Perhaps it mostly happen in the warm up

if we go by length the weight moved I probably outlyft you by far :v)

Insted of bending the bar, pretend you are trying to pull it apart. Perhaps if I say, try to make it longer, you’ll understand. It’s funny because you’re a manlet

>if we go by some irrelevant shit I win
Oh Sweetie.

>lifting something 15cm is the same as lifting it for 65cm

oh sweetie buns, i guess rack deadlifters are are more impressive than Eddie Hall ;)

>2 different lifts
>thinks they're the same
oh schnookums, maybe you can hitch and use straps like eddie though ;)

t. Wilks-caring-about-twink

>h-h-itched!
t. some salty ipf cuck who gets disqualified if he shakes a bit at the top

I'm 185cm. I don't even arch outside of the basic pack your shoulders arch.

Oh I tried that a long time ago and it didn't help.

do you have a video of your bench

>being unironically a lolfedder
lmaoooooo

>ipf
>not a lolfed

bet you think they're all natural too l m a o

>no u

No, I don't want people in my gym to think I am going to brag about my bench.

What do you do to keep your lats tight?

Do box squat have carryover for raw squat?

Lads, going to reds true bbq on my lunch. Motherfuckers don't have nutritional information, how many calories should I estimate? And what should I go for? Is 1kcal enough?

Thats like saying does a squat have carryover to a squat

Ill ask a counter question, why the fuck wouldnt it?

Just have a banana/light meal for your breakfast and go crazy in the BBQ, and skip dinner. unless you're an absolute twink cutting you won't affect anything if you do what I said.

Obviously they do. I don't do them because I'm still making regular progress even with almost 5pl8 squat (5kg away) but seen plenty of guys make progress thanks to them.

Don't feel like skipping dinner desu. Had just a protein shake and coffee for breakfast.

Theyre easier to recover from because the kinetic chain is broken

I dunno. I do a reverse row on the barbell when setting up and flex my upper back. My right shoulder slips out sometimes on higher rep sets though.

Then just look up their menu ingredients and eat 1,000 calories worth or at least eye ball it.

Will have to do that. I think if I just swap fries for salad and go for some lean meat I should be okay. Thanks mate.

T. Eating disorder twat

Because you are sitting back like you would in a squat suit, while in a raw squat you sit down.

It's all in your head user.

You know you can box squat with any style of squat, with and without the sit-back-rock-forward technique too?

Choose the right tool for the job and stop thinking dichotomously.

>smolov base cycle
>split each week over 2, ie 2x frequency instead of 4x
>reduce progression rate from 20lb every week to 10lb every fortnight
>slightly reduced number of sets

Is this stupid

>Is this stupid
It's stupid to still call it Smolov.

But this might let you survive it while still progressing 2 other lifts.

So is it going to take you 26 weeks instead of 13?

Is the downside of weak point training at max effort that you always work with submaximal load?

Do board presses have overload benefits for raw lifters?

Was just going to do it alongside some of nuckol's shit indefinitely because his squat program is a bit shit

I changed out bench for press, my life is now complete

Now start doing ring dips and laugh at the weak, fat "powerlifters" who can't even do them and think themselves strong

PLOP

PLOP

SQUUUUUUISH

PLOP! PLOP! PLOP!

Holy hell these Norman khan are F dropping like grenades they're making massive impact with the toilet water

Stinky too!

Stink factor 5.8/10 wew

Here comes another one

PLOP!

Man this Norman khan disposal would have made a great audio recording , a lot of really good...

PLOPS!

but ring dips are easy

You are a whole other level of stupid

You shouldnt rock on the box anyway

Great way to train it out of people is cambered bar with a load of chain, if you rock then everything swings and you fall over or get really close and get too scared to rock again

> (You)
>Is the downside of weak point training at max effort that you always work with submaximal load?
1.) This would presume that ALL your exercise selection slots are filled with variants, which would probably be a bad idea.
2.) Submaximal work gets you stronger, and will be the bulk of your programming. Constantly being at RPE 10 is going to lead to burnout, whether mental or physical.

>Do board presses have overload benefits for raw lifters?
It's a good idea to have strong triceps, and working with higher weights will help with confidence.
Again, it'd be replacing your core bench work with just board press that would be the issue.

Ill never understand this fixation people have with bench and shortening the rom suddenly means only the triceps work

>RPE 10
>mental burnout
That's like the most retarded thing I ever heard. Being at rpe 10 all the time is extremely motivating if only my body could handle that I would be always at 10.

> (You)
>You shouldnt rock on the box anyway
Unfortunately that's the common depiction of the box squat on social media, so that's what everyone assumes it to be.

Speaking for myself, if I don't work from the chest I lose the skill side of maintaining a tight position on the pause pretty rapidly.

Yeah I felt that way until my first injury.

Where are your lifts at?

>That's like the most retarded thing I ever heard.
First year lifting is a lot of fun.

Too bad you are incapable ad actually pushing to a true "10" on the hurt fee fees scale.

Box squats should mimic your comp squat, otherwise youre training a different skill, lost on most

If you cant keep tight then its a setup issue not the variation

Spotted the sub 400 wilks

I was injured as well that's why I'm not doing that. Like I said I know it's stupid way of training and I know I can't handle it, but mentally speaking there's nothing more motivating than pushing yourself through your limits, blasting loud as fuck music, yelling, knowing your form is bad but you don't give a fuck. It's kinda cathartic.
all that coping

Nice.

I feel like I'm selling myself short doing floor presses/cgbp instead of board presses but I am too shy to ask people to help me board press :C

I run hlm with 3x5 ohp on light day and 3x3 ohp 5x5 cgbp on medium day ama

Floor press is better overall for bench

Board press is good but its more for overload, personally i use it as a secondary, Board press death is fun, 3 reps to chest 3 reps to 1bd 3 reps to 2bd 3 reps to 3bd then rep to failure, 3 sets

I could go for something like that rn

Post more cuties

Looks like a flat chested skinnyfat man wearing his sister's clothes.

Is this a new everyday post, sean?

How do i keep tight on bench without tucking my elbows. I just can't keep tight no matter what unless i start tucking my elbows like hell

Learn to set up properly, get someone to push you, if they can move you then you arent tight enough