Don't eat meat today

Don't eat meat today.

OR WHAT CUNT

Aye aye sir

Or you could be in a state of mortal sin, and you won't make any soul gains

>beavers are fish
pope pls

Ok Jesus, sure thing buddy.

This isn't my first lent. Of course I didn't eat meat today.

They're not fish but they are water animals. The bible only differentiates land and water animals (and then further categorises them into things you shouldn't eat but Christians ignore those).

I forgot it was Friday...

I had a few pepperoni slices in my eggs.

Not gonna make it

Already had some ham sandwiches at the service after my dads funeral haha

>Lose one month worth of gains
Not gonna make it

lol fuck lent

Repent and submit to the pope

>submit to a jew loving pagan
No thanks

I'm not. I gave up food for Lent.

>the bishop of Rome
>pagan

>praying to mary
>praying to saints

This, tbqh. Prayer to anyone other than god himself is idolatry.

Be gone papist.

Literally eating a kebab pizza whilst reading this.

>he thinks asking for intercession is praying to Mary
If you ask a friend to pray for you, is that praying to them?

>can speak to friend to ask them to pray for you
>need to pray to ask for "intercession"

Haha lmfao

>asking friends or family to pray for you is ok
>asking those in heaven to pray for you is wrong

This is what protestants actually believe top kek

>People in heaven can hear thousands of prayers at once

Fuck Jesus.

>Questioning the power of God and the nature of Heaven

Most protestants don't understand what Catholics teach on this. Asking Mary to pray for you is not the same as "praying to Mary."
>t. protestant (Lutheran)

we ask that they pray for us
we do not worship The Blessed Mother or the Patron of Saints, but we do honor them

Only The Holy Trinity is worthy of being prayed to, and even then as a sinner I’m not worthy.

Daily reminder that you should be abstaining from meat every single friday throughout the year, and that Fridays in Lent are for Fasting + Abstinence.

T. Traditionalist Catholic

Praying for intersession is not praying to them. You are asking them to pray for you to the Lord from The Church Triumphant.

Get it together, heretic

Who is this anime girl?

Christchan

This thread should be sticky-ed every Friday during Lent.

Catholics are non-christian idol worshippers and no better than muslims.

What’s her deal?

That's great but its not required

>breakfast was scrambled eggs and tuna
>lunch was pasta, chicken and beans
>dinner will probably be fish
Is chicken meat?

Yes

Fuck you, you're not the boss of me.

Chicken is meat. Penguin isn't tho.

is fish meat? other wise im doing good

Fucking Catholics.

Not if you're a western Catholic.

Fish is ok

Lol I’m gonna eat so much meat today :)

Christianity is gross :P

Not required after the simplification of rites. Lots of things in the COVS don't make sense to me. Like the Eucharistic fast being reduced to a single hour.

I thankfully can attend a usus antiquior Tridentine mass at my local parish that is in full communion with the Holy See

Warm blooded = meat

Don't believe the protestant lies.

>Warm blooded = meat
not according to le vatican

im gonna eat fish, man, fuck you

I wonder if Dinosaur steak is any good.

Fish is ok senpai

Fish is allowed. The liturgical definition of meat as it applies to lent is different from the scientific definition that is used in most other contexts.

Never should have come here, M*dnigger Christcuck!

YAAAAAAAAATATATATATATATATATA

>implying tradition is binding on the conscience
>violation of the second commandment

Lol are there really this many Christians on a trap board?

I'm doing full 36 hour water fasts on Wednesdays and Saturdays for Lent, get on my level "fasting by eating 4 pounds of fish and bread" plebs

>implying Christ didn't give the Apostles authority to make binding decisions

Didnt eat any whole week
>Orthodox

did a three day water fast, was going to go for five but I stopped because I was getting really confused and kept fucking up schoolwork

Stop being a Christian

Stop rejecting Logos

>"BY DA POWA OV THOR I STRIKE YE DOWN VILE CHRISTKEK"

>pretending to be Christian on a Tunisian snake taming forum

This is a Christian board tho

Reminder that as a steward of God's creations, when you pay someone to abuse and murder his flock for your food, you spit in His face.

Being Christian because of contrarianism doesn't count

>you arent allowed to oppose things by being one other thing

>implying people are only Christian for the sake of being different
>implying people don't have legitimate faith

So I can eat all the frog legs and snails I want on a meat free fast day? Sweet.

haha

yep. They don't count as meat.
Most mammals (excluding beavers and some others) and most birds (excluding penguins) are the only things that are "meat" for lent.

>mfw I don't have to abstain from meats to prove how "holy" I am.

Feels good man.

yes, Lent is about proving something. Not at all to do with mortification of the flesh. no, sir. none of that cleansing of sin for me. lordy lordy.

Don't you already do your "cleansing of sin" at confession, or do you have to go through a "special" process for you Catholics?

>I don’t need to do what God tells me to do to prove that I do what God tells me to do

Confession is for absolution of past sin. Mortification of the flesh is for removing sinful nature itself.
Romans 8:13

According to the St Andrew Missal, you heretic.

>he doesn't want to understand with his body, in some small facet, the sacrifice that Jesus went through for him

Citation in Cannon law or Theology?

16And when you fast, be not as the hypocrites, sad. For they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Amen I say to you, they have received their reward. 17But thou, when thou fastest anoint thy head, and wash thy face; 18That thou appear not to men to fast, but to thy Father who is in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret, will repay thee.

op stop being a drama queen

wrong

Haha rip

>tfw when you're doing a true fast for Lent and people pressure you to eat with them and you have to reveal that you're not eating for 40 days and they make a big stink about it.
I just want to be left alone. Me saying that I'm not hungry or in the mood to eat should be enough, dammit.

>implying Catholics don't still smash prs on Fridays during lent

be humble. you're doing some lenten fasting, and trying your best, please understand, social pressure is tough to overcome, friends

i unironically started going to church and eating fish on fridays one year ago because i kept complaining about islamification while not doing anything against it
also fish is fucking tasty and healthy when its only once a week
id eat it all day if it werent for the heavy metals

retard

verse in scripture where it says people in heaven can hear prayers?

Rev 8:3 Another angel with a golden censer came and stood at the altar; he was given a great quantity of incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar that is before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel.

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Neither of those are what he was asking for.
Prayers "of the saints" are not prayers to them.
James 5:16 is about prayers (implicitly) to God for the sake of others.
Nothing in those verses is even remotely about people in heaven hearing prayers.

wow, 2 verses that describe people in heaven hearing earthly prayers
oh wait

Big Lenny said I can eat meat during Lent. Sorry Padre, going to stand with the chocolate golem on this one.

>Jesus tells me to cuck myself out of gains and never raise a hand to someone even if they attacked me first
>Odin tells me to do whatever the fuck I want as long as I’m not a pussy and destroy my enemies in hopes of joining him one day and eternally partying
gee I wonder which one I’ll listen to