Do you guys recommend weight loss surgery? At first I was against the idea...

Do you guys recommend weight loss surgery? At first I was against the idea, but I'm still not seeing any progress after 3 weeks on my current diet. Meanwhile Boogie has already lost like 200 pound in 5 months. That's insane. If boogie can do it, why can't I do it too?

Should I go through with it Veeky Forums? I'm not as bad as Boogie was but I'm still pretty fat. Diets have never worked for me and I'm pretty sure the diet I'm on now isn't going to work either. I'm barely eating and I'm still gaining weight.

Stats:
5'9"
395 pounds

>I'm barely eating and I'm still gaining weight.

Someone post that image with Hardgainers and Saddam Hussien in it.

>3 weeks
C'mon user give it a couple months at least

>I'm barely eating and I'm still gaining weight.

i'm afraid you have terminal fatbrain

there is no cure

ask /fat/ to count your calories by telling them everything, even if it's a booger, you're probably counting them wrong, and give it time, you don't loose weight in a week, at least a few months maybe years
not everybody end up well after a weight loss surgery and you might die of the complications that come after, it's a risky bet
and you should try to "see" your progress, get on your scale and write the number down, even a single pound per week is great

I should have lost some weight by now though. I put my height and weight into a TDEE calculator and it said my maintenance was 3300 calories per day. I'm only eating 2000 right now so shouldn't I be dropping around 3 pounds per week, or rough 10 pounds over 3 weeks? Instead I've gained about 3 pounds over 3 weeks. It feels so hopeless.

You can get away with eating like 2500 calories a day and you will still lose a ton of weight

Just be autistic about it and count EVERYTHING even the smallest things even if you ate an apple slice.
Also overestimate what you ate, if you ate an entire apple then tell yourself you just ate 200 calories.

At 400 lbs, your weight is a serious health risk and gastric bypass should be an option. However, before spending $20,000 you should try fasting. I'm 5 days in and while I'm always hungry it's not painful. I am very dizzy all the time though which makes it hard to work. Gastric bypass is the same thing as fasting, just forced

Losing weight always seems like a hopeless endeavour and the truth is once on the weight loss path you will never reach a point where you are wholly content. But here's the kicker, quit now and you will regret it for the rest of your life. Change some food groups around, more cardio or weight training etc but don't quit or buy into weight losssurgery as a fix-all solution.

Just give it time. Sometimes it takes time for your body to adjust.

Also I guarantee 3300 kcals is wrong. I ear 4-5k kcals and I struggle to maintain 100kg. I'm super active tho

Well.. you're 400lbs, let's not make it look any better by starting it off with a 3. You could probably within a year be below 200 if you just tried.

Get someone else who isn't a fat boi to write up a diet for you and follow it strictly. Then workout flat out, you're so fat that losing 100lbs will be easier than someone 170lbs just 10lbs.

You'll probably need surgery anyway, to remove loose skin. Don't make the biggest and most ugliest scar be the one Boogie had to get to lose weight.

>paging Dr. Soyboy

Just PSMF.

I lose 4 pounds of fat every week, watch that 600 lb show shit, that should encourage ya.

The doc in that show always tells fat people to go on a 800kcal a day diet, eating lean proteins and vegetables.

People your size on that diet should lose a shitton.

More interested in dr soyboy's hairline losses

This, at that weight any day to day weight gain/loss is going to be water and shit, you need to take your weight at the same time every day and look at monthly averages to get an idea of where you're trending.

Stop eating and just drink a lot of water

u dont need a diet, fatass. u need a new lifestyle. either get good or stay fat. u know waht has to be done, dont pity yourself and get it done. more training= the better, less food, more frutis and veggies there u go. ez

That doctor really needs to just shave that

I'm skinnyfat and like 160. What if I got obese man surgery? Would I die?

>taking the easy way out

Never gonna make it, brah.

It would be extremely painful.

Are you lifting and doing cardio? While it burns calories, it also pushes body metabolism to healthy state, making you actually lose weight in the process. It also promotes elevated test levels, which are crucial in burning fat. If you were a fat fuck for a long time, chances are your test is lowered due to little movement and exercise, sedentary lifestyle and bad eating habits. Eat as healthy as you can, take zinc and vitamins, sleep 8 hours a day if possible, all to push your test levels higher.

Don't go on a surgery bro. Pussying out of this will only rob you of the chance to harden yourself

You're a big guy

I'm doing cardio, but not lifting. I'll start lifting when I drop some more weight, but I'm just focused on losing weight right now.

Also boogie will die in 10 years from now, if not 5. His days are numbered. Maybe he realized that ain't nobody gonna carve that fucking 600lbs coffin for him

>barely eating and still gaining weight

Your body doesn't just pull calories out of the fucking air around you m8, if you actually want to lose weight, start by being honest with yourself.

try fasting
your body will consume the excess tissue on the way

you can eat pretty much nothing and still put on weight, if you're 300 pounds and literally lay in bed all day doing nothing than you need less than 2400 calories to maintain that weight or 2800 if you just go to work, sit at a desk and do a little walking

Which isn't really that outlandish considering most guys eat anywhere between 3000 (less active) to 4000 (active to athletic) calories per day
if we're talking about someone like boogie who is easily 450 to 500 pounds then that is quite a commitment, he sits on his ass all day and either eats small doses of garbage thats high in calories or eats an insanely huge amount of healthy food

>I'm barely eating and I'm still gaining weight
Yeah I believe you bro, if you're trying to better yourself than you're already halfway there to fixing yourself
Now get off your ass and excercise too
Do a little weightlifting and a little cardio, don't try running until you're about 200 pounds otherwise you'll just blow out your knees

Go for an hour of gym and 1-2 hours of walking, drink water and nothing else

Don't eat bad shit that means no junk/fast food/prepared meals and anything you wouldn't find at a farmer's market

if you're still not losing weight than you either have a disease or you're fucking lying to yourself and have no one else to blame

good luck broski

You clearly don't know how to count. If you aren't losing weight then you're eating more than 3300 kcal a day.

No, you're talking about major surgery instead of just simply learning how to eat correctly.

And the irony would be, you will still need to learn how to eat correctly anyway, even if you do get the surgery.

The ONLY thing the surgery will do for you is turn overeating into an immediate life threatening situation (as opposed to a longer term one.)

>Diets have never worked for me
That's because you don't follow them.

I've been eating 1500 a day for a year. Lost 60 lbs and didn't over exert myself at the gym, just walked or jogged occasionally. It's going to test your patience more than your physical endurance for sure, it's a slow process but the rewards of having a healthy body are literally priceless, not even a billionaire can buy a healthy body, you can only earn it through self discipline and willpower.

People need to understand this, mostly anorexic or obese people, since these are the people suffering from it

If you are used to eating 1800 calories a day and try to start bulking and increase it to 2200 calories it is a huge increase in actual nutritional mass so you THINK you are going from 1800 - 3000 calories/day because ITS SO MUCH MORE FOOD
Same way the other way around

If you think that you're eating nothing and still gain mass: your perception of "nothing" is incorrect. If you think that you're eating everything and you aren't gaining mass: your perception of "everything" is incorrect.
Food, calories, vitamins, minerals all these things tell flat truths. Unless you have an ACTUAL problem in your body you will work like everybody else and eating a deficit will not make you gain mass.
When you diet: you do it wrong. There is literally nothing else to it

Check out /fast/ general before you try any drastic surgeries. Fasting makes it easy mode once you get over the initial hump

>2400 is almost nothing
I want all fatties to burn

This is also the reason skellies freak out at the first sign of weight gain and fatties underestimate the effectiveness of diets on their weight.

If you gain 15lbs in a month as a 150lb dude (which is normal in the first month of following SS correctly, it is a sizeable fraction of your entire body’s mass. If you lose 15lbs in a month and you started at 400 (also reasonable) it’s practically nothing.

if you lay in bed all day as a 300 pound person and eat 2400 calories you will maintain that weight
thats 600 less than the average male eats so yes its dieting but not effective because they don't exercise
read the whole post before you comment

>the average male eats 3000 cal/day
>feel guy with kooky smooshed up head dot jaypeg

I did you're still retarded

My bulk is 2800 quit using obese American average calories as the standard you fucking idiot

google it, a little less for older people who don't exercise but probably still at least 2500 to maintain
>I have no argument or anything to add to the conversation so I'll just call you stupid
nice retort

ok so you're 5'4" and weigh 140 pounds

The surgery makes you eat less. You can eat less for free.

My argument is that you misunderstand tdee significantly and that your iq is

>5'11", 169 and bulking at 2800
ok so you're still a baby to weightlifting and don't understand
you see you exercise and you burn calories, if you're dieting and not losing weight that means you're not exercising enough to burn the extra calories
its that simple and you're a mongoloid if you think otherwise

Its infinitely better to exercise more to lose weight than it is to just diet and starve yourself

Check out Dr Bergs videos about body types and how your hormones effect you weight. His videos helped me a lot, and I've lost 80 lbs thanks to his advice. I tried and failed so many times before I found his videos.

Whatever man stay fat and eat your "average 3000 kcal"

I'm telling OP to eat better food and exercise more tell me how the fuck I'm fattening him you dip

OP, try to ask your doctor if you can safetly fast, which for fucking fatlords is the best way to lose fat fast.

There's a general for fasting, you could lurk there.

395 lbs

Are you diabetic and if so, are yu taking exogenous insulin?

Lifting is aerobic exercise. It burns fat better than cardio.

You should /fast/ instead, it's easier to count calories if you don't eat desu

>human for scale lmao

the reason this is happening user is that your metabolism is still sick in a sense. if your still consuming crap food then your metabolism will not change and if your are eating healthy it may take a while for it to get, back to a normal baseline. dont stop trying user once you give in then you are nothing. and if you want to see a change without hitting the gym do a home workout and with your weight modify,modify, modify. i respect that your trying to change your life but im telling you the vast majority whom go under the knife for weight loss gain it back within a year . once the grace period is over then shit gets bad quick because the metabolism is shitting its bricks not understanding what the fuck is going on with its system.and on the bright side doing it natty saves you alot of time and money. believe in yourself and stop you cant or wont because thats a shit attitude to begin with.

The only people who need surgeries like that are fat fucks who are too far gone to lose it naturally and are literally at deaths door. Lazy fat fucks with money get the lap band surgery too because they're lazy fucks.
395 is bad but it's not that bad to get surgery. You can still lose weight naturally if you really want to (you don't because you're a fat fuck considering surgery an option).
Either way you're going to look terrible.
Might as well save that money for the loose skin removal and skin grafts.

as someone who has had gastric bypass, let me say that I don't think its for everyone.

You absolutely should spend a large porttion of your life trying to do it the 'natural' way. death can occur on the table or afterwards and its not worth the risk if you're in a situation where you can do it through diet and exercise.

Consult with a weight loss doctor to check for hormonal issues and other things (mostly medications) that make it harder to lose the weight. eliminate as much of that as you can. do a genetic profile to see if there is anything there making it harder.

Once you're aware of all of the possible reasons you're struggling try to work around them.

if and only if that fails, surgery is an option. Its a dangerous, grueling, awful one. Plus it only fixes the problem short term. You still have to learn how to diet and exercise during your post surgery period or else you'll put the weight back on soon after surgery.

Good luck,
-boogie

BASED

JUST STOP EATING YOU LAZY PIECE OF SHIT.

Oh hi boogie love your stuff bring back 2010 francis

ITS THE MESSIAH

>you can eat pretty much nothing and still put on weight
stopped reading there.
your body does not violate mass conservation.
If you eat nothing and ignore water, you literally breathe out carbon.

HE HAS SPOKEN

S
A
M
E
FAG

stay mad

holy shit this doctor has got to just let go of the hair.

Jabba the cuck

I got gastric bypass. I highly highly recommend it.

Having lost almost 200 lbs now and having struggled to lose weight for a decade beforehand I can safely say that there is no way I would have been able to do it without it and if I had to put money on the average person losing 150-200+ lbs without surgery, especially if they've been that overweight for 5+ years, I would give them at best 1 in 30 odds of doing it naturally and keeping it off for life.

Once you're that heavy for long enough it re-wires your brain. I lost 100 lbs naturally several times but my cravings were out of control even when I was skinny. If I saw someone eat a pizza on TV I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about pizza until I ate one. It was fucked up, it was like a mental illness.

The best option for obesity is prevention, parents need to teach their kids the importance of diet and exercise at a young age. My parents didn't give a fuck and let me eat pizza and ice cream constantly. Not all their fault, obviously, I was a lazy gluttonous piece of shit, but once you're fat for long enough, it's almost like there's no going back. I was obese from like 12-30 years old. At 5+ years like that I really think surgery is the best option. I've never actually met anyone like me or Boogie who managed to lose it all naturally and THEN KEEP IT OFF for 5-10 years.

Not that surgery is a quick fix, it's just a tool. The average WLS recipient loses like 40-50% of excess body weight over 5 years. If you weigh 400 you'd still be dangerously fat in that scenario. I'm down to 200 because I workout and diet like a MF.

Fuck the haters, do what you gotta do to survive and live healthy and happy. No one who understands what it's like to be that heavy will judge you.

I don't know how often you frequent Veeky Forums but I hope that you continue to come back regardless of the flak. Keep it up man, we will all get there eventually.

by telling him that 3k calories is average

PAY

>Its real

How much you squat?

OP, now is the time to start looking into what your insurance covers, and to talk to your doctor about this. You weight alone should qualify you for the sleeve or bypass. You're doing the right thing by starting to watch what you eat, and having that initial bit of will power will be essential in order to carry you through your weight loss journey even with surgery.

My girlfriend had the gastric sleeve not too long ago, and the transformation that's happening to her amazes me every day. She's becoming a new person, not just in her weight or health, but the sheer motivation this surgery has helped give her has completely changed her outlook in life. She doesn't have to worry about her high blood pressure any more, her risk of diabetes is greatly lowered, and we're doing more things together now than what she was able to do at a heavier weight.

You're starting off on the right foot. Don't think of yourself as not big enough, my girlfriend started at 240 lbs. think of the life you can have by reducing your weight by 40-50%. You will no longer be limited by your body that's stopping you from doing things your friends or family are doing. You will be happier, live longer, healthier, and free from that mass holding you down.

Please talk to your doctor about this OP. You owe it to yourself to at least fully consider your options.

The problem is your propensity to point the finger at fate and shift the blame from your own weakness. Go ahead and destroy your body further weakling for it takes much harder work to strengthen a weak will.

If your mental game is too weak to do it naturally and you feel like you're approaching death's door then yes, do the surgery.
You'll be punishing yourself by doing so, because when you eventually lose the weight, you'll be unable to eat normal-large quantities of food.

If you're just a lazy piece of shit then just do it the normal way, it's still much healthier both physically and mentally.

Jesus christ m'user, that was gay as fuck.
You're probably a manlet

>I'm barely eating and I'm still gaining weight

Count calories and overestimate everytime. That's it. Install MyFitnessPal and try to not eat one cake per day.

boogie psl go, you're an embarrassment.

Fuck off boogie

At first I thought this was a reversed serbian flag t-shirt

>it's real
Lmao fuck off boogie

As a medic, I only recommend to someone who needs to lose weight in months or else it will die, like those 600lbs life fatsos. Y of Roux or sleeve are huge, invasive surgeries and are linked to dementia years after.

Also,
> Plus it only fixes the problem short term. You still have to learn how to diet and exercise during your post surgery period or else you'll put the weight back on soon after surgery.
This. It is no magic formula, you'll still have to be a disciplined cunt to actually make it breh.

this has to be bait right? Pretty much nothing? I'm 5'10 and 160 pounds 12% and it took me 5 months to get used to eating as much as I do now in order to maintain, I still have to force myself in order to eat enough on some days. And I didnt start out as a twig either, I was 155 pounds and like 23-24%.
Literally just fast for 2 days then cut out all sodas/sugars

>Do you guys reccomend this surgery?

Thats a question for a doctor not fucking Veeky Forums

it’s really him

i love you boogie

/fast/

Go talk to a doctor about these issues I was a fatty I went to the doctor and he helped me out.

>>My girlfriend had the gastric sleeve not too long ago, and the transformation that's happening to her amazes me every day. She's becoming a new person, not just in her weight or health, but the sheer motivation this surgery has helped give her has completely changed her outlook in life

shes going to trade you up the moment she can

Stop self posting and shilling faggot

lol how does it feel your ex wife is fucking the shit out of other dudes. how does it feel she never loved you at all. how does it feel you will destroy anyone you ever come across because youre a psychopath inside and you know it. not so strong without a million sub IQ 10 year olds defending you eh.

She'll look like a frankensteinian monster after she has the skin removal surgery.

every week, weigh yourself. put your weight down in a spreadsheet, even if it's a failed week. it feels so fucking good seeing progression on a chart that you will chase making those colors just a little less red.

it also serves as a reminder that even though progress is very slow, 1-2lbs per week, you are still making progress.

pic related is from keto and 0 exercise last year. very easy.

n-notice me s-s-senpai...

>that 183 to 173 week
wtf

my notes said i was straying from keto before the 183 week, and went hard back into it on 173 with some fasting. water weight can do some wacky 5-10lb swings in a week.

massive shit

I've never read that much on weightloss, but does it really take almost 10 months to lose 24kg? Is that slow or fast?

pee weighs more than poop in my experience.

i'd consider it average; could've gone a little faster if i hadn't cheated as much. i strayed from the diet a bunch in the summer, and was still binge drinking on the weekends every once in a while. but i would always get back on track when the weight went up noticeably.