Snap City?!?

My left shoulder feels a minor pain every time I try to stretch, my bench has gone down dramatically due to the pain, and I only feel it getting worse, what should I do?!? Is this normal or should I seek medical help?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FeJP4E4Z-PY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol rest for a week and correct your bench form, Your shoulders should not be involved during the bench

Go see a professional

i had the same because of bad form dips

just stop using your shoulders for 6 months minimun, no joke, shoulders injuries heal in months, sometimes they dont even heal, but assuming you dont want to fuck yourself up, hear me, stop doing any kind of movement that involves your shoulders, thats it

seek medical heal if your wish

Well it's not quite my shoulder it's like in the area pic related.
SHIT

Seeing a doctor is fucking useless they don't know shit about sport injury and they gonna give some anti-inflammatory pills that will just delay the whole healing process.

>falling for the bench meme

>anti-inflammatory pills
>just delay the whole healing process
Are you memeing me or is this actually a thing

Lads I think I may have a rotator cuff tear.

snapped my shoulder too, overtraining, now rest, ice, ibuprofen and say goodbye to gains

NO
NO I DON'T WANNA SAY GOODBYE

trust me man, start focusing on squats or deadlifts, MAYBE pull ups, but forget curls, presses, benching

everything that involves shoulder

you dont want to fuck your shoulder forever

once you recovered, start doing lots of stretching and high reps training

Not that guy but I can only put my arms behind my back and grab the hands together on one side (left arm from above back, right arm from below back) . Would trying to make it work both ways screw up my shoulder?

No. That's something completely different. Most people can't do it with their other hand.

whats the point of starting lifting if you guys who r like experienced and shit with good form tear your shoulder muscles and cant lift for 6 months what the FUCK

shoulder impingements may take a good while to recover.
Avoid COMPLETELY stuff like
― upright barbell rows (everyone should avoid those)
― behind-the-neck press
Focus greatly on FORM in your db lateral raises, if they occur in your training (the best video on the subject is imho youtube.com/watch?v=FeJP4E4Z-PY )
Forget any kind of bb/db pull-over if included in your routine
Include empty can exercises (webm related) (make sure you're moving your arms 30° in front of you, if it's a lateral raise it's OBVIOUSLY wrong) to strengthen and rehab muscles surrounding the rotator cuff

>if you guys who r like experienced and shit with good form

If it's a rotator cuff tear, it's gonna be permanent unless you get professional help.
Shoulder injuries take a while to heal, but if it's the right kind of injury it's permanent without a pretty quick repair.
Dad tore his rotator cuff and waited to go to the doctor. The muscle ended up atrophying so much in those few months that surgery/repair was impossible.

seriously what do I do, just lift with baby weight? sure I can watch some youtube videos on form but I guarantee my forms not gonna be perfect in the beginning, am i just doomed to snap city tourist trips ?

i injured my biceps tendon half a year ago and my therapist advised me to do super light curls for sets of 20. still deadlifting relatively heavy, but that's all i got for now. have to do a lot of front/lateral raises at home as well as some extra serratus training.

i got bad news for you, pouring water laterals destroy your shoulders

i suggest you go look at some athlean-x and never listen to a dumb niggers training advice again

you deserve a kick to the face for giving out bad advice

>i got bad news for you, pouring water laterals destroy your shoulders
Wrong.
>>i suggest you go look at some athlean-x and never listen to a dumb niggers training advice again
I double suggest you to research better than Jeff Cavaliere's channel; moreover
>(make sure you're moving your arms 30° in front of you, if it's a lateral raise it's OBVIOUSLY wrong)
and that's what he addresses in his vid.
Empty/full can exercises are used in rehab for this specific purpose and are perfectly safe.

>The muscle ended up atrophying so much in those few months that surgery/repair was impossible.

m8 my dad waited fucking YEARS after tearing his rotator cuff for the surgery and turned out fine. I'd tell your dad to check with a bunch of other doctors.

it's not some fucking ballet mate, you have to fuck up pretty bad to go to snap city. If you can't just keep your body rigid with the weight on it and your back starts bending lift less.

don't fucking care about the weights you move on an Australian aboriginal appreciation board, if the weight you're moving doesn't allow you to keep proper form, it's not "baby" for you. You should be ESPECIALLY concerned about learning proper form at the beginning of your career, and possibly you should avoid ego-lifting in its entirety.

did the injury heal ?

Lol dude I have the same thing right now going on with my right shoulder. And I'll tell u yes its lifelong seems like you have shoulder impingement. Your form was not correct so I think you may have a little muscle imbalance. I had an injury while doing OHP and it was because of the impingement. I was ignoring the impingement till it caused a sprain.
Now what u have to do is to Not do ANY UPPER BODY for like a 1 and a half till the inflammation goes away. It might take 2 months. In the meantime, get back massage and shit. The impingement prolly happen because u ain't working your posterior shoulder muscles,ergo ur back is weak and ur pecs are tight asf thats why they pulling ur shoulder forward hence the impingement. Once ur done with the impingement get to working on ur back bruh.

Also I'm not a professional go to a physio therapist. I had this and waited for like 4 months. Now I have it again. FML lol dude finna kms I have the worst genes I swear

Was it a complete tear?
I've seen my dad's scans and there's just no connective tissue there to work with

Stop using shoulder.
Apply ice a few times a day.
When swelling is gone and pain is almost non existent, start doing shoulder rehab with incredibly light weights,

2 months of focusing on legs for you user. I am just feeling better and my gains are gone. Its like stating over. Got to be careful

I don't know, actually. How did he tear it?

If it helps start doing KUNDALINI YOGA mAh dude

Fell off of a ladder and absolutely destroyed it.

fug, that is horrific.

Might be a rotator cuff injury. Go see a professional. You might need surgery.

Old man was 50 at the time and in all honestly needed to be humbled by something. Even that shoulder injury didn't keep him from acting like a 20-something kid for long. He destroyed his ankle a couple years later doing similar shit. He'd be long dead if medicine wasn't as good as it is.

Would it be a good idea to try to make it work both ways?