Cardio Thread

General Cardio thread.

>Inb4 Cardio Kills gains

Is everybody looking after their heart and doing ample cardio?

Training for a half marathon currently, 11k in 1hr 30 today. Pretty slow but building up. Shredding the weight thanks to the constant running however.

Share stories, motivation, changes since doing cardio etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19209073
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Currently doing an upper lower split, was previously doing 2 or 3 HIIT sessions on a bike a week, and felt like shit so switched to 3 or 4 30min steady state cardio sessions a week.

Was leaner when doing the HIIT, but since changing to steady state I recover better, sleep better, feel more relaxed and have much harder erections.

I’m focusing on weight training, but I run 4 miles 3 times per week. I use my autism to imagine myself as either Big Boss/Venom Snake running through the jungle or as a Roman Legionary marching and running in battle.

I’ve even got playlists for each scenario.

lifting weight boosts test - high endurance training boosts estorgen.
miss me with that soyboy shit faggot

kek. I sometimes run late at night and have to go thru pitch black forests so I get paranoid thinking someones following me, that makes me run fast as hell.

I've done this as well, except I imagine myself as a viking barbarian running into battle.

You're not alone

cardio isnt done by your heart its done by your pussy

Short term goal are :
>Doing my first 50 K without speed goal ( curent max is 36 KM)
>12 Min 3,3K ( Curent is 12 Min 3K)

Doing HIIT for the first time tomorrow. For heart health and because I want to become good at sprinting.

How often would I have to do cardio before it interferes with my gains?

I've started doing 20 min of pretty intense cycling before my lifts, not too crazy but better than before as I used to despise cardio, especially runing.

I keep my heartrate at about 160 throughout, and get a good sweat and burn in my quads. I'm usually at a high resistance trying to go as fast as I can. good enough for now?

I lift three times a week and do a martial arts class three times a week. Our training involves a lot of HIIT. If you get ample sleep and eat enough it won't interfere too much.

Except that lactic acid boosts test.

Just ran 7 miles today. Been running regularly for about 6 months now in addition to regular lifting. I want to do a tough mudder this summer!

Whats the best way to train for a 5K? I picked up a pamphlet the other day that was advertising a 5K taking place on the 28th of April. I know 5Ks are relatively easy to train for since they aren't that long, but I want to win. what should my routine be?

Did a trail marathon a couple years ago.
Here is what I learned:
>It's a good idea to do squats once a week
>If you aren't careful with your diet, your huge appetite from running will make you gain fat (I gained 15 lbs in 18 weeks)
>Get fitted for running shoes

Ran my first marathon last fall in 3 hours and 17 minutes, currently training for a half ironman triathlon. Take it from me, there is no greater feeling than crossing the finish line after a long distance race.

Keep running OP.

>tfw nordic winter
>tfw can't do cardio outside without bane mask

Do you think that 11Km in 1.5 hours classes as Cardio? What HR are you pulling? Is it getting above resting?
I wouldn't discourage anyone from exercisng but being preachy about doing cardio when your not cracking above a jog confuses me.

>>Get fitted for running shoes
I have to say this is extremely important. Got it done yesterday and I can already feel the difference in my running.

i havn't really done much in the past couple of years, just sort of go for a run every now and then. But i used to do about 10km a day. 5 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. I was doing martial arts at the time so after every run i was doing a set of pushups, situps, squats, pull ups and handstand pushups before my heart rate went down. also would mix it up a bit sometimes and do a set of push ups, situps and squats at every power pole while running and sprint between power poles, or do skipping drills so like 5 minutes skipping 1 minute to do a set of push ups situps and squats and repeat for half hour.
never really been much of a long distance runner i always overestimate myself and go way too hard in the beginning.
>motivation
at the time it was the thrill of being a better fighter, but since the club got shut down i've not really had the motivation to keep to a routine since i now have no one to spar with
>changes since doing cardio
i got abs that have not disappeared in about 2 years of laziness

Thanks

So, let me get this straight, please, just yes or no my stuff

>Hiit is good to burn fat, as the body goes anaerobic, and eats fat, and keeps burning it for two days, as opposed to resistance training
>Hiit builds leg muscles
>Hiit helps your circulatory and vascular systems

Fuck, I cant find any good info anywhere

And yes, Im new as fuck, but Im tired of not looking like I want to look, pls help

>>Hiit is good to burn fat, as the body goes
anaerobic, and eats fat, and keeps burning it for two days, as opposed to resistance training
yes
>>Hiit builds leg muscles
no
>>Hiit helps your circulatory and vascular systems
yes

>Hiit is good to burn fat, as the body goes anaerobic, and eats fat, and keeps burning it for two days, as opposed to resistance training

Sounds like meme shit fitness people sell but yes hiit will build muscle and helps your cardiovascular and you will lose weight if you manage your calories

>no
well, 2 out of three, that's still very good

I h- Okay dudes, does it build muscle or not?

You're doing a physical activity your body will build muscle to help you in that activity

Will you be built like a bodybuilder doing hiit? No but you are going to build muscle if you had none in the first place

I'm currently doing cardio 4-5 times a week to lose weight and have been for a while. What is more accurate:

>Burn more cals, easier to lose weight
OR
>Increased appetite, harder to stick to diet and therefore harder to lose weight

I've been struggling to keep on track diet-wise recently and am deciding whether to keep doing a lot of cardio or decreasing it. Thoughts/experiences?

Like half a mile into my runs my hips seem to hurt, what do

I did resistance training for half a year , felt somewhat the same although I kept getting better and better at it

I only lost two kg (4 pounds?), and Im sure that's just because I felt better and ate less, but couldnt drop from my weight

That's why I ask
I also have somewhat fat upper legs, and I feel I could ran better If I lost some fat there

>Increased appetite, harder to stick to diet and therefore harder to lose weight
god this, I feel like a dumbfuck for eating a lot after doing exercise, but I just need food

>Bye gains
>Bye joints

Yeah don't do cardio

you'll notice if it fucks up your recovery and gains
your body can adapt to most of these things, just make sure you eat enough to compensate for extra work
I did SL with HIIT 2x per week when I first started
no problem

Cardio doesn't kills gains at all. If you get enough protein you will continue building muscle.

The likely lack of glycogen in your muscles will make it harder to lift heavy so you will likely need to focus harder with higher rep sets at lower weight.

Last summer I was running 60-68 miles per week. Good times.

>>Bye gains
you think cardio makes you weaker?
>>Bye joints
explain how cardio will damage your joints?
i don't understand your reasoning

Running ruins your knees son

care to explain or are you just recycling second hand knowledge of people too lazy for cardio.
>unironically believing running is the only form of cardio

jesus christ

anything you do to stress your muscles build them, but if you think doing HIIT is going to replace Leg Day, then you're a retart

this is me, btw --> yes it helps build muscle, but not really a lot. it's a complicated answer and you asked for a yes or no

no, HIIT does not build muscle
but when you do HIIT it will build muscle
how can I make it any simpler than that?

>care to explain or are you just recycling second hand knowledge of people too lazy for cardio.
BTFO

if dubs cardio is goat exercise

What's it like being stupid?

You're right, I was just tired of not finding reliable information

Please answer a bit more
I actually dont lift and have never had, But I always liked running fast in school, it's a thrill hard to forget
Given that, and trying to eat less, Is it a good method of keeping healthy?
Im combining it with calisthenics

as i thought you don't even know. Its bad for your knees because wearing shoes changes your natural stride so your landing heel first and not the ball of your foot, meaning your leg is locked out pull all the stress through your leg and being absorbed by the ankle and the knee rather than through your tendons and muscles as they flex form the pivoting of your ankle from landing on the ball of your foot.
Running barefoot is actually good for your joints.
this is why you don't just recycle second hand knowledge because alot of lazy people make things up to justify their laziness

if dubs cardio is god teir exercise

yes, HIIT is great for health

I have some studies... having trouble finding the links. Sec

enjoy being weak as shit

we're on the same side, butts-for-brains

if dubs, cardio is swell

>Do HIIT cycling without proper energy
This is the closest I've felt to death.

>Running barefoot is actually good for your joints.
I gotta ask

Is running barefoot on sand good for you or just gonna make me get tired easily

If the latter, Running on sand makes you exercise more, or is just a morale dropper

How does all of that work if I'm flat-footed? Running without orthotics fucks up my legs.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19209073

tl;dr- HIIT good

another study tested 20m interval training on every weekday and found even better results in participants' bloodwork.
HIIT = goat lipid profile in blood (even without dietary changes) and improved cholesterol

only downside is that you have to get off your ass for 20 mins

maybe running isnt for you. why not intervals on a stationary bike?

my knees are fine, but I prefer the bike or rowing machine
I also do circuits of burpees, battle ropes, and jumprope... but I only do that when the gym is empty
>tfw too dyel to draw attention myself

Def recommend track fartlek sessions if you have access. Got me from a 22.36 5km to a 16.56 5km in under 6 months

sugoi

Do you know anything about what I said bout being fat legged?
Everybody says is muscle, but It seems way too much for the little exercise I was doing. Besides, Muscle feels quite different from fat

what the fuck are you talking about fat legs for?
did you even read my post?
are you trying to reply to someone else?
are you a fucking retard?

oh shit, sorry, are you actually a retard? my b

>Is running barefoot on sand good for you
extremely. it greatly reduces force when your for hits the ground and inversely the force needed to push off again.
oh whoops
>How does all of that work if I'm flat-footed
not sure, probably as other user said running might not be the best for you, or maybe you should get that corrected

fuuuuck you finally got dubs and didn't call it

I will do about 15 miles of online skating tomorrow and maybe another ten Sunday. Been seeing this same hottie on the bike path the past couple weekends and she has the most amazing smile and looks so dorky with her helmet. Also a lot of lesbians are prepping for roller derby so their big asses give me a boost on the trail.

>online skating
video games aren't going to help, user

I just got back from my first hiit day

I feel lightheaded, tired, and I though I was gonna die when I stopped

Did I do right?

Also, many leg muscles literally stopped working when I walked back home

Just picked up a treadmill i do a mile before and after I workout it feels amazing

hell I get that during the day on a road in the woods.

don't you dare complain about being able to cross country ski and call it a workout.

In-line! Meant inline!!

Do you reckon 41 minutes is a good time for 7.2k

Nice job, user.

I'm not a runner as it hurts my back cause I tend to stomp so I cycle

This years goal is to bike up Mount Evans in colorado, only 27 miles and almost 7000' of elevation gain.... hoping to do it in about 3 hours... should be a good goal for a larger guy such as myself.

a few years ago I was up to about 200 miles a week, and did a few 100 mile rides... desu I dont really like rides that go over 4 hours.

I want to incorporate running now because of heart gains and general health, I used to run many years ago but I stopped in favor of lifting.
How would you guys combine lifting + steady state running + OMAD? I'm at decent bodyfat levels (~12%), do a push-pull-legs routine (ABCABCx) and eat only one big meal a day right after lifting.
I'm wondering if I should run hours after lifting or hours before lifting...