I created an alter ego, Veeky Forums

I created an alter ego, Veeky Forums
He has a different name and holds himself to higher standards. I haven't shared this reinvention with anyone else, I've just made noticable changes to my personality.

>Fixed posture
>Changed diet
>Changed vocabulary and the way I interact with people
>Just started lifting and getting some noob gains
>Dressing better
> Feel more respected by friends and colleagues

Why haven't you done this yet Veeky Forums? Break the shitty mold you made for yourself and redefine your life.

better yourself, not some bullshit persona

Have you started talking in the third person yet? That's the only true way to make it, you have to start saying things like " *name of alter ego* only gets with the best of women", ask if the food you're buying is organic and then insist on the fact that *name of alter ego* only eats organic. So on and so forth.

this is just retarded enough to work

what should I name my alter ego?

This is a valid approach called "reforming the persona". It's self-psychology.

Fake it until you make it, op. You're not a faggot today. We're all gonna make it.

well Chad isnt it obvious

Hcad. No, no...Dach.

"Yo, I'm Dach, brah. I'm a sick cunt."

Hank?

No one else wants to shit on the idea?

Crusty Samuel

Its an ok idea and sounds like it's working for hin, that's geeat. Visualization, the alteration of the self-image, is prerequisite to all great success and if it requires visualizing an alter ego of yourself, go for it

Op here

In the time I've started this I've quit smoking, dropped processed sugar from my diet, and I've felt so much better overall

I did this. When they say "Be Yourself", they mean "be the best version of yourself", which meant me dropping all my neet hobbies, resolving my mental/emotional problems so I wouldn't have to cope with food, drugs, and alcohol, and learning how to be a likeable person.

So it worked for you in the long run?

>Tfw no one will ever love you for the authentic you and everything you build will disappear the moment your hologram flickers

What's unauthentic about becoming the person you wish to be?

I dont fully understand how it works, so if you are yourself and talk to a friend at work you'll do it with poor posture, awkward body language and bland vocabulary but if you interact with a complete stranger you'll do it with a good back posture, confident body language and gentlemen vocabulary?

No. I've adopted those new traits. The only thing that hasn't changed is my name. The false name is mostly about summoning up the change in personality. It has nothing to do with lying to people or manipulating anyone.

It worked in the short run too. Flirting was the hard part bc I kept thinking "I'm not going to get it I'm not worth it". I became Eric for just long enough to talk to a qt cashieer. She wrote her number on the back of my receipt.

Once I had that, I thought "hey, I don't need to look like Chad to get a date or a fuck, I just need to figure out how to say the right thing". The first few times sucked, but the more numbers I got, the easier flirting became, it's almost habit now. I still get a lot of rejections, but if I'm swinging 50%, I can easily get 12 numbers a week.

Build the mask but grow into it. If you play a character or a hologram, you are doing it wrong. Exagerate/emphasize the good of you, ignore report sage the bad, and realise that your anxiety/self doubt/self hatred is less obvious to you than to everyone you talk to, they just don't care enough to tell you. Find someone your dream girl would be attracted to and make some of his mannerisms yours. After 8 months, it isn't a mask anymore, but a bit of makeup. You can wash that off (metaphorically speaking).

Check out "tulpa"

This, but also begin every sentence with “In accordance with prophecy”, no exceptions

Do you feel happier since doing it?

Not in a traditional sense. I have no desire to die anymore, I look forward to things beyond the next method of coping, I don't feel good using my old methods of coping, but I'm not content like you (and many others) want to hear. There's still so much I want to do in my life with my skills, and I'll feel happy when I start achieving those things, but I'm not happy from doing this.