How autistic is the "gym notebook"? I just can't bring myself to walk into the gym equipped with a pen

How autistic is the "gym notebook"? I just can't bring myself to walk into the gym equipped with a pen.

>what is a smartphone?

I bring a notebook every time I go. I dont understand how people keep track of progression without it. Let me guess they dont do they?

You're autistic if you care.

It's not autistic at all. You are just a shit stain trying to stir up shit. You are autistic.
Sage.

>not feeling the pen hit the paper after you finish your sets and writing the reps down

keep tapping away on your bitch phone lmao

FitNotes

tablet here (so I can read as well during rest times), keeping track with pen and paper is common af and I did that as well 'till a couple of years ago

How long are you taking between sets...?

I see some people do it, and they're usually people bigger/stronger than I am. I actually print out my routine on an 8.5"x11" sheet and keep track there

I print my routine out and just lay it inside of a notebook

typically two minutes on the 5 reps range. That's roughly twenty minutes on two 5x5 compounds

I bring a composition book in with me to log my workouts. I started doing it when I noticed that many people who were much bigger/stronger than me did something similar and it's been really helpful to be able to look at what I've been doing over the course of a couple of years to see what works and what doesn't.
I really ought to export the data into excel so I can do some form of analysis of it, but I'm far too lazy to do that.

protip: start logging everything in excel too, every time after you lift. that way it doesn't build up, it takes almost no time every day

>not editing in AndrOpenoffice directly in the gym

>bringing your phone into the weight room
peak dyel
no, seriously shiggy diggy doodle doo

>he doesn't take his laptop to the gym to make notes on microsoft word
Never gonna make it

>word
>not writing your gym notes in LaTeX

I use an abacus

>not writing your novel between sets
Never gonna make it

>read during rest
Just how light are you lifting that you can think about reading in between sets?

If you're that fucking self conscious about it just remember what you did and write in the notebook after. Fucking hell

How stupid is it to have a $200-600 accessory, with your whole life on it -- passwords, online banking, enough information to steal your identity and open up cards in your name, etc. -- just sitting there unattended on the floor or a bench, in the middle of a crowd of strangers (many of them spics and niggers) while your ass is oblivious to surroundings, pushing out a heavy set of squats?

Nobody's ever gonna steal your Dollar Tree composition book and pencil, friend, and if they do, it's not that big a deal.

FWIW I put mine on an index card for the gym and throw them away when they're full (about a week's worth of workouts), and I log the PRs and sets/reps at home on spreadsheet to keep.

>$200-600 accessory
I pity anybody stupid enough to spend this much on a phone.

thats on the cheap end also LMAO

No, it's not, and actually more people should do it. The easiest way to track your progress, because you can note-recheck the more abstract responses of your body (because you will not remember everything from last week, etc). Helped me a lot to squat pain-free.

You're a victim of consumerism.

kino

I just walk in, lift, and walk out
As long as I still look good in the mirror it's literally all I care about. Worrying about benching 300lbs is autistic

>not bringing your quill, ink and parchment to the gym to make notes like a true gent.
>never gonna make ti

you're a victim of poverty

My fingers get too sweaty to use my phone

>le reddit hard-core lifting xD

Just letting you autistic fucks know that I can remember how much I lifted last time and whether or not I should deload. I literally keep it in my memory. I saw a bitch at the gym the other day who was dling lmao4.75pl8 for reps and she kept a notebook. I mean really tho she was a woman so who cares. She's probably dumb as fuck and can't even remember lol.

Lets say that you have an unusually good or an unusually bad session or sessions. Wouldn't it be interesting to know what preceded said sessions training wise?

i just have it on google drive in a fabulous rainbow spreadsheet

Yeah I guess if you're fucking autistic. This is the difference between the chad and the beta lifter. One hyper focuses on form and science and linear progression while the other listens to his body and makes adjustments when he feels it necessary. You know who gets farther? The chad because of his superior genetics. He gains strength with bad form and terrible following of routine, he literally wings it and still gets bigger. The beta on the other hand can't stop reading the research and calculating the exact amount of calories and protein to eat; doesn't matter cuz he's got shit tier genetics and his muscle fiber type ratios are fucked so if he doesn't pay attention he won't make gains anyway. Lol faggots haha. Like desu if you're that way just focus on wealth gains cuz your brain is literally the only muscle you should flex. It's not like you'll ever be above subpar lol.

>encryption

You're a victim of autism

The term 'autistic' is highly overused in this place, I suggest you discontinue using it.

If you want to keep track then do it. Nothing wrong with that.

this is the most beta post i've ever read

Nuh uh yours is

Same. Lifting for anything other than aesthetics is autismo af lol

>rest time : finish
>Set #2 : begin
>1
>2
>3
>...
>10
>set #2 : finish
>rest time : begin
Out loud

t. Poor person

are you me? I used a 4x6 and fold it in half - 2-3 gym sessions per side, then I tuck them away to be able to look back on my progress

Recent convert from phone for 4 years. Notebook is infinitely superior

depends, its only autistic if you're a dyel

I have a notebook for musings, daily shcdudle and lifts. I don’t give a fuck what otthers think. Gonna graduate soon anyway.
Plus I go at 6:00 A.M. so it’s only old guys, ROTC kids and one graduate student. Power room to myself

Have you ever used a smartphone?

"Hurr durr I

It's fine, whatever method you have of tracking workouts is acceptable

Why would you not just put the phone in your pocket? Not to mention does anyone even have a phone that doesn't auto-lock?

I feel like you just wanted an excuse to make an angry post. You ok user?

>Not filling in your note book at home, taking it to the gym and then filling it during training then filling in your spread sheet after

Plebians

How my notebook looks if anyone cared (after being filled in at home, before session has been done)

Use fitnotes app on Android.

>I can't afford nice stuff so I'll make up reasons as to why everyone who CAN is stupid; The post

>triggered by pen
Want to know how I know you are NEET?

He keeps telling me to 'WRITE. IT. DOWN.' But I never do...

>not respecting your fundamental 4 freedoms
You've lost already

Use Google Sheets

There is nothing wrong with tracking your lifts and progress. It is a good way to objectively see the stats of your training without running on your feelings or memory. Then you can adjust accordingly. If you feel awkward with a notebook, then use your phone.