/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

SOMEBODY didn't post the OP in the last thread and I can't find it right now.

"What routine are you on" edition

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BfUFAYMFznJ/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doing LSUS at the moment and getting fucking JACKED. Eating everything in sight

remember that's not a routine but a template and it's radically customizable

oh hey it's you cal
nm

Some clusterfuck I cobbled together from ideas that seemed good at the time that goes through a 3 week cycle of volume, speed/dynamic effort, and intensity that surely won't end with burnout or injury. Surely.

I was doing cleans with a pretty narrow grip and recently was coached to have a wider grip and to have my chest more open. I can get into the front rack position with this wider grip but now I am not confident at all in catching the clean it is like the platform the bar rests on has become much smaller and I am not confident in catching it all the way... Do I just need to stick with it and it will make sense?

yeah just worth posting so that people can see what a basic routine looks like

I only post in /owg/ these days

front squat helps a lot with this kind of thing, as does repeated practice. Most important thing is keeping a big chest

I have trouble getting my shoulders internally rotated by the time I get the weight overhead in the snatch. How fix.

I like these threads better than /plg/

These threads die but at least they aren't brimming with garbage

Once I start to plateau on oly lifts, should switch to a powerlifting program to increase strength?

just focus on catching with elbows back, if you get elbows up it should naturally transition

literally never a good idea, just increase squat and pull volume

You should already be consistently training for strength. You do not clean and jerk or snatch NEARLY enough weight for the stress of doing them to make you stronger. Doing the classics and partials are useful for improving your neural recruitment and technique with the lifts, but you need the raw strength training (squats, deadlifts, standing presses, push presses, bench presses, barbell rows, dips, the odd curl or ab exercise, etc) in order to get stronger and handle heavier weights in the Olympic lifts.

You're all weak autistic larpers

Projection
t. weak autist

*unsheaths barbell*
say that again, I dare you
*teleports behind u*

how the fuck do i even full snatch / full clean?? i've started weightlifting 3 months ago and all i can do is powersnatch / powerclean
here's basically what i keep fuckin doing instagram.com/p/BfUFAYMFznJ/
am i autismo

Lots and lots of practice. It took me a full year to work up my power clean to the point I wasnt afraid to fall over.

Don't be afraid to fall and watch a lot of videos. Start LIGHT! Don't do any timed CF bullshit routine either. Work on form form form and the weight will come.

That being said, you need high levels of flexibility to don't skip warm ups.

Ill post some of my lifts for reference when I get home.

How the am I supposed to get the bar to jump like 3 feet in a power clean using nothing but hip extension?
Every instructional video just goes "just jump and get under it and catch it" and I'm like "how the fuck did it get that high in the first place if you aren't supposed to arm pull, what is going on?"

practice triple extension

I sort of get that you extend, I just don't understand how that put energy on the bar and has it go so high if you aren't supposed to pull with your arms.

it just works