Is there a starting strength of aesthetics?

Is there a starting strength of aesthetics?

Greyskull LP

Yeah, starting strength without eating like a pig.

ppl

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Everyday. For the rest of your fucking miserable life.

>Winner, winner, chicken dinner

Yeah, genetics.

>starting strength everyday
>for aesthetics
>for the rest of your fucking miserable life
No wonder your life is so miserable. Retard.

Brosplit ie push/pull or ppl

yeah great idea my dyel friend.

If you actually lifted you'd see the issue is that you can't add 15 lbs on your squat and 10/5 lbs to your bench every week without a big calorie surplus

no reason at all to train legs 3x week, would either take back squat from A or front squat from B

>only shoulder exercise is OHP

fucking lmao

shouldn't you add more reps for volume?

This is fucking retarded, you never train front and back squats together unless you've been lifting for years.
OP is literally asking about Starting Sheckles
>keyword STARTING
>OP is new to the gym
>OP HAS NOT READ OR RESEARCHED SS ENOUGH AND HAS FALLEN FOR THE "SS is a meme" MEME.
>This whole thread is either bait or op is retarded. I'm calling both.

OP here
I don't want to look like pic rel

>Starting
>ABxAxBx
Rest is literally the most anabolic thing you can do as a STARTING lifter, this has you lifting two days in a row cause "fuck your gains, just trust my .jpg"

>literally the meme
Why don't you post pictures of your current body along side your gym stats and lets see how you compare ?

But I just want aesthetics. I don't care too much about strength. I also don't want thot tier legs

k cool story bro
>Saged

Just do SS for a month (don't start with the fucking bar) and do curls and skull crushers every session. I talk mad shit on SS, but for a beginner you really do need some sort of "base strength" to build hypertrophy off of

You really shouldn't stray away from compounds being your main movers until you're at 1/2/3/4. Doesn't mean you have to do SS until then

Thanks for the help

The ol' reliable
/thread

Just change it to AxBxAxx BxAxBxx and repeat

Why is it retarded to train front squats and back squats together?

K just for a minute I'm going to pretend like you're genuinely not baiting.

Ok but the trex thing is a meme right? I'm thinking of doing ss for like 2 to 3 months

another one

For a beginner, because they are just beginning to learn the movement and have mind muscle association. Front squats fundamentally has a different movement pattern and utilizes different muscles than the back squat. It'll just confuse the beginner lifter and fuck his shit right up.

You're only supposed to do SS for 2-3 months.

Mate I did both from the start and I didn't confuse myself at all. You can't say that it has a fundamentally different movement patter and utilizes different muscles but because of that it'll confuse the beginner.

>Training OHP and Bench will just confuse beginner lifter

Those Mi goreng are so good when you're poor or hungover

I'm a starting lifter and I feel like I'm not doing enough in the gym. As of now I'm doing 3 main exercises with some assistance work every other day. It's full body (AxBxAxBx) and I'm adding weight to everything but shoulder press (and curls if they count) every session. Yet, while I'm struggling to finish the last few reps for most exercises each session, I don't really feel much soreness or fatigue for the rest of the day or the next day.

Should I be increasing the sets of the exercises I'm doing or adding more exercises? Or is this normal/desirable? Thanks.

yeah bro its called starting strength

your CNS is not developed enough to recruit enough to fatigue you. Once the weight goes up it will

At the very least you should commit to it like a soldier on duty for 12 weeks to notice the progress you'll be making and appreciate it for what it is, after those 12 weeks you should be able to continue for another 12 - 20 weeks with the 5 lb increases on main lifts except for OHP (WHICH WILL BE YOUR HARDEST GAINING LIFT)

>Concentrate on proper form, you can not research this enough. Practice and practice, read and watch youtube videos. Starting Strength and Strong Lifts are excellent references for your main lifts.

>Sleep at least 8- 10 hours every day, you should prioritize sleep. It is the most anabolic thing you can do, your body needs to heal.

>Rest in between reps should be at least 5 minutes, so plan accordingly.

>Nutrition -> 500 kcal surplus of your BMR, this is usually too hard to calculate as you will grow in mass each week. So just make sure you're eating enough. Whey and Instant Oatmeal are your friends.

So just keep going till I start moving some serious weight and reassess the routine then?

who is that sloot? please gib me SAUCE

Can you complete your sets without cheating last reps?
>yes
Then up the weight and repeat
>no
Continue with whatever weight you're doing. Making sure form is good.

Once you sre POSITIVE you're doing everything right but just plateau'd, consider reassessing
(Not user you replied to btw)

My boyfriend wouldn't stop gushing about them so I ordered him a gift wrapped box of 40. He lost his shit, it was so adorable.

Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper Lower Upper

Is has you lift 2 days in a row because hitting body parts twice a keep has been proven to be optimal for muscle growth

I'm too early in the game to be even close to plateauing, my question was more about how much I should be doing in the gym. most beginner programs have you doing 2-3 big lifts each session with little to no assistance work and resting every other day. Right now it feels like I can do more though, not in terms of weight but volume.

The last thing I can think off, as general solid advice and considering the possibility you might be incredibly autistic:
>You need 3 sets of warm ups before your main lifts, with incremental weight on each progressive set.
So you start off with the bar for 10 reps.
Rest for 1 - 2 minutes
You then add 25% of your 5 rep max and do another 10 reps.
Rest for 2-3 minutes
You then add 50% of your 5 rep max do another 10 reps.
REST 3 - 5 minutes
Do your main lifts with your 5 rep max weight for 5 reps (DERP A DURR) for 3 sets with at least 5 minutes of rest in between sets.

Tfw love thicc girls but know my dick won't satisfy them, feels bad man

Chest and triceps (3×12 incline, flat db bench press and skull crushers)
Back and biceps (3×12 rows, bicep curls, shrugs)
Legs (3×12squats,3×+20 calf raises)
Throw abs and forearms somewhere at least once a week.
Rule #1 always lift maximum weight that you can do for 12 reps full rom and do cheat lifts with heavy weight every while and then

Classic bro splitting

Please tell me you do every session once a week also for maximum bro points

/thread

Ah, got your posts mixed with different one. It could be that you're still adjusting and are just surprised with what your own body is capable of. Give it time and you'll reach a point where you almost fail your last few reps and have to push through.

Or Try adding an extra few pounds each session on top of what your already doing. See if you handle it or struggle

Fucking virgin. Clean your room and go outside.

>how to sit on the bench press for half the day

>pic
So are rows unnecessary so long as you're doing OHP? I fucking hate rows and wouldn't mind an excuse to ditch them. But I don't see anything in this pic about upper back?

Best choice is learning to do them.
Second best replacing them. Weighted pull-ups for example.

>So are rows unnecessary so long as you're doing OHP?
No, that's fucking idiotic.
It's why people call barebones lifting programs like ss and the like trash.

What the fuck does OHP have to do with rows? in pic the guy says he's doing Pull Ups. Which literally works the same muscles as rows. Do weighted pull ups.

>t. dyel

The colour guide in the pic only mentions biceps for pull ups. I made the OHP connection because it hits your back and shoulders - it just looked like the closest to rows.

I guess my question was "Are rows missing from this guy's workout?" and the answer is "No, pull ups do the same muscles but that isn't shown on the pic".

No,doing bare bones pullups don't make up for neglecting the fucking upper back when doing heavy lifting you insane retard.

You'd have to get into tougher pullup variations to fix that shit.

So in other words the workout in the pic isn't as complete as it makes out
Which was my question
Thanks for being a patronising ass

>Thanks for being a patronising ass
Don't mention it.

but if you use a routine, like SS, that severely undertrains upper body and overtrains lower body, you're gonna run in the same "inefficient capacity" problem

just a fuckin bro split

If you're gonna take anything away from this thread is this.
Don't do SS.
It's a decent routine if you want to get stronger and want to get into PL, but it's absolutely shite if you are even remotely interested in aesthetics.

Yes, you first need to train your CNS and get used to move weights at max effort, but that doesnt mean that you should train to look like shit.

Do pic related, it's honestly the best all purpose Novice routine out there.
If you want to add accessories, add dips and some pull, be it tbar rows, cable rows, chinups if you're on a row day.
I would suggest doing chinups as often as possible, if you can get a bar up in your home, they respond well to high frequency training.

what I meant with the SS comment is that yes, it pushes your CNS and motor units to adapt, but only in some lifts.
After months of SS, you're still gonna be weak as shit in the bench and press, if you started as untrained, because SS just doesnt train them enough.
Also if you prefer, you might do Bench twice and OHP once a week

If you see any of these kids feeding you a routine where the majority of the week is rest you are being given a powerlifting routine, and you should ignore it for aesthetics. You want a routine where you go to the gym 6-7 days a week, and as a result you're not going to be lifting as heavy as people would expect. I recommend ABCABCD, where A is chest and triceps, B is Shoulder and Bicep, C is Back and Legs, and D is either a rest day or an hour or so of swimming depending on how you feel. Do 6-8 sets of your choice of excersises each day, don't be afraid to mess around and figure out what you like and what hits your muscle in a way where you can really work it. An example might be for day A, Bench, Incline Bench, Pec Flys, Scullcrushers, Tricep Extensions, Dips. A good blend of excersises with the heavier lifting up front. Generally I will stick to 5x5 because that's what I've found works well for me. The only specific excersises I recommend for sure are starting each day with Bench (A), OH Press(B), or Deadlift (C). Squats are a meme, you don't need it for aesthetics leg development only for powerlifting, but if you want to do it on day C it's not a bad addition.
The realest pill is that only routine you really need unless you are an elite athlete is going every day. Advanced routines are the turbochargers of the workout engine; they are required a the highest levels of competition, but a lot of people swear by then on their 4 cyl and wonder why they can't outrace anyone. When you start getting better at listening to your body, you do what you need to do to have a fun and productive workout to keep you going every day. When you go every day for months and have a productive workout every time, you see results and can reassess your routine.

starting strength
add chins and dips once you can bench lmao1pl8
add shoulders, arms, calves, and abs as desired
superset your accessories at the end of your workout to save time

>add chins and dips
>Implying the fat asses/weaklings can do enough chins and dips for to matter let alone do chins even if they can bench LMAO1PL8

Fucking retard

most fat asses/weaklings can't do enough bench for it to matter
you have to start somewhere
if you can't do a single chin/dip, do negatives until you can
and i said 1 plate because most people on SS won't hit 2 plates (or even 1.5 plates) while on SS
if they start adding in extra volume in early they have a change of actually progressing on bench for more than a few months

Yeah I mean, you wouldn’t want to actually get any stronger would you?

I can smell you and your dirty vagina through this post

Then cut afterwards, dumbass

did he fuck your boipucci after?

Just started this a week ago, it's fucking fun. I dunno how it stacks up to SS and GSLP though, any experienced anons got an opinion?

this
ez aesthetics after a couple of months