/Rugby/ General

Friendly reminder that rugby is not only the god-tier neck gains sport, it's also the best for overall fitness.

Also, who's following 6N, I'm rooting for Scotland

I just started playing rugby it's pretty awesome when you have the ball and you wreck the shit out of somebody trying to tackle you

>Scotland

You play at a shit level if you are pulling that shit off when new to the game. Change teams.

Get fucked prods.
Up Scotland! That was enjoyable; another retarded English forward with neanderthal-tier overbrow manages to get sent off for a pointless tackle with no attempt to wrap. delighted.

rugby also has the hottest guys

Ref should have been man of the match desu

Congratulations on your first win in 10 years.

Finally some competition on this island.

I'm actually Welsh, but England play like thugs. Constantly shit-talking, in peoples faces laughing when things go their way, disgustingly crooked at breakdowns and of course in tackles. There's a reason everyone likes watching you lose and it's nothing to do with recent success, would you deny any of that?

what are some exercises i can do in the gym or at home that would get me something close to a rugby player body
i wish i could do actual rugby but theres none near me

>tfw remember rugby in high school
What a shit experience. I went to a training, told everyone that im a first timer, yet they proceeded to destroy me and I couldn't do anything for a week after that
bunch of faggots

Stay mad sheeplet

Great response. Stay cucked by Pajeets now that you are outnumbered by them hahah. Keep out of the valleys pls.

Pain is an excellent teacher, but rugby isn't made for everybody, some are just bigger wimps than others

fight me m8 the english didnt stand a fucking chance

Look at exercises to strengthen the scrum, stuff like crawling across a field with a straight back and pushing sleds are really good compound movements

They teach how to brace for impacts, how to fall, etc at my Uni, for at least a month, before any destruction happens.

Who here /varsity/?

>best for overall fitness
A sport where you smash your head repeatedly into other muscular men is the best for fitness?

it is also a shit feeling when you lean all of your body weight into the crash ball and the little guy cuts you at the knees and you tumble over like a falling tree kek

i don't think you played rugby before, anything over the neck is illegal tackle. learn the rules first retarded amerifat thinking this is handegg

isometric exercises like roman chair is actually excellent if you are front row. I was a hook and it helped stealing enemy scrums too

Unironically SS

>tfw joined the rugby team at my community college but quit because I was transferring to a real uni the next semester
>tfw uni doesn't have a rugby team
I played at practice literally 2 times, but fuck me I will never understand why american football is so popular in america when rugby exists. I can never watch it again.

Yesterday at the party my forward captain told me I had the body and the strength to be a great rugby player, but I just didn’t have the head. Feel bad man.

Fuck that, he's probably just talking out of his ass because he's a young drunk guy with his first position of any sort of authority. Git gud, user.

Personal theory: Americans don't have the attention span for rugby (at least Union.) Look at the big three sports in America (American football, basketball, baseball) - you can break down play into extremely short segments - a football play, a back-and-forth on the court in basketball, an at-bat in baseball. Americans don't generally seem to go for free-running sports like rugby or football (soccer) where play can go back and forth for an extended period of time.

Hockey is kind of an exception, but I'm guessing that's because hockey fans grow up with it and learn to appreciate the flow. I'm thinking this is why sevens is getting pushed so hard, here; sitting through seven-minute halves requires a lot less patience than 40-minute ones.

Should have mentioned that he just retired, so former forward captain. This is my third semester on the team and I know I need to improve my mental game but it still sort of hurt my feelings.

thoughts on starting at 19? im also in Aus so starting could be a bit rougher but im sure theirs low leagues for people just starting

I started at that age when I was a sophomore at uni. As longn as you’ve been liftin you’re fine.

Exposes himself as a wussy little bitch who can't handle training.
Says the rest of the team are faggots.

Yeah okay mate.

Fenian

England btfo

>wussy

>posts retard frog
>doesnt have "the head"
checks out

>when your backline doesnt wanna help the forwards so you end up running most of the match

God damn I hate feeling like a hamplanet.

>best overall fitness

Not even close.

NFL is better

Why user because american football is the superior sport

Its also the joociest sport

Holy damn son. That's a father figure.