How to start running

Here's the deal,
I really need to get into running but i'm too embarrassed/self conscious.

i'm not massively overweight or anything but i need to improve my cardiovascular health and running in public feels weird to me. i need to be bleep test ready in 6 months.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

stationary bike

>wants to start running
"But what will others think of me?!"

Thoughts like this are why some faggots never make it. Are you one of those faggots OP? Just go fucking run and don't worry about what anyone else thinks

Just do it you weenie. If people laugh or stare then just deal with it. You can't keep avoiding uncomfortable situations.

just do it faggot

i'm really fucking introverted and live in a small town. makes me nervous just thinking about it.

Nobody fucking cares. The absolute most that people will think about if they see you running is usually along the lines of "good for him"

If you're fat then people are going to laugh and point fingers. I know I do if I see a fatty soaked in sweat slow jogging with his manboobs bouncing.

buy a treadmill..?

i'm 6ft 1" 185 pounds

>i'm really fucking introverted
No you're not. You have social anxiety.
I'm an introvert and have no problems with running.

Then just do it faggot or get a running buddy so it's less awkward for you

join park run, there'll be lots of fatties and amateurs

Thanks but i feel like that would be even worse.

That's not what introverted means
Arnold Schwarzenegger is also an introvert

I know the small town feel, but look at it this way.
>Day 1
IF anyone notices you, "Hey a runner... Is that user... lol."
>Day 2
"Looks like he's at it again...Kinda lol"
>Day 47
"Oh there goes user..."
>Day 91
*Their brains don't even acknowledge you anymore*

that's a good way of looking at it i suppose

On the rare occasion I went past another runner when I first started they either ignored me or gave a nod or thumbs up.

Running is really rewarding. Find the pace you can keep up and then run, no stopping. Just push through.

No one gives a shit. Do it at hours when no one is around at night or very early
>Oh look that fatty is running lel
>That guy again i should run too someday
That would be all
I have the same issue desu but when i want to run i do it in my gym (knees got fucked so i rarely run nowdays)
NO ONE GIVE A SHIT, overcoming that insecurity will make you stronger trust me

literally no one cares son. start running

I care. When I see someone with horrible form on a treadmill I always mock them.

do a couch to 5k program, if you start straight up running 30 minutes with no recent prior experience youll hurt yourself. probably take a month or two or three, then you can start progressing to a 10k if you wish.

if youre scared of others seeing you, try running at night. otherwise, go to a gym and use a treadmill (not as reccomended imo since theyre not as uneven as real surfaces) or just stop caring what people think. force yourself to do it despite your embarassment and make it a habit and that will help you care less. you become less cringeworthy every day that you stick with it, but if you ever slack off and stop you will be the ultimate laughing stock, if anyone even cares in the first place. get running, faggot, and make it. there is no more advice to give.

I did that run in grade school based on Fox McCloud from smash 64. Gym teacher called me out on it.

How about some actual advice. If you dont want to look like a fucking dumbass then look up proper running technique.see what long distance runners and proffesional athletes do to run optimally. You wont look like naruto and youll actually save yourself the pain of injury due to poor form. Now just find a routine and stick to it until its done

lmao the manlet brigade at the end XD

I restarted my running programme in January after not running for over a year of being a fatcunt (feels bad man, no excuse) and I was in a shit state.

I've just done a 10km run today - so rapid improvement is possible if done right.

Do a couch to 5K program, once you complete that, start to up distance and pace gradually. If at any point you start feeling pain, especially in your shins, reduce the distance and start cross training (e.g. swimming, cycling).

Treadmill running is good if you're suffering from the beginning of shin splints, as it's pretty cushioned compared to tarmac, but make sure you're not running every time on a treadmill - plus increase the treadmill incline to 1 or 2 percent to get a more "real" workout (this factors in stuff like wind resistance and terrain which you don't get on a treadmill normally).

Lifting weights (especially stuff like squats, calf raises etc.) is great for running - but again, don't over do it or your legs will tell you to get fucked.

Google "good running gait" and make sure yours isn't overly different, if it is, try and make it closer to "good" or get advice from a professional (coach or someone in a running shop who does that kinda stuff).

If anyone gives you shit for running, at least you're trying to improve yourself - tell them to fuck off.

You could do couch to 5k.

Running in public is only weird you are naked (unless you happen to be on too much LSD which means it's only weird to other people).

You can also do 4x4 interval training once you've managed to work it up to 5k to increase your 5k time.

I just started runnung 30min, 4-5 times a week, and I've doing it for 3 years. Why dies ti feel so fucking good? It's the best feeling after masturbating desu.

Can't beat dat endorphin release.

kek

not the endorphin release, man

One thing with treadmills. I'd look into stretches and massages to mobilize the joints in your feet if you are going to do a lot of treadmill running at the start. While it is less impact if you have been sedentary with your feet joints they may be out of places of overly tight and you often land on your feed weird on a treadmill. When I started running I injured my cuboid joint in my food and it took a lot of massaging to fix it and loosen it up from treadmill running.

If you are nervous about it just run early or take your dog ( if you have one) if your worried about what people think fuck em run for your self

Running is the best I have been doing morning runs with my pup and have lost 2kg in a month or two

Had this exact problem last week user. Then I applied the rational part of my brain to the situation:
>"What are the consequences of someone thinking I look ridiculous while running?"
"Someone thinks I look ridiculous, I finish my run and get a tiny bit better at running, eventually getting over the starting goofiness."
>"What's the worst thing that happens if I don't run?"
"I die of betes."