We've all seen pumping iron

We've all seen pumping iron.
The gym or at least golds seemed like a place to make social gains as well.
What happened to that? Most people don't even make eye contact in the gym.
Even if someone is doing an exercise improperly bros will just sit back, laugh and record.

Decay of society + women in the gym.

I have been making most of my social gains in the gym lately. That said, I go to an actual gym, not a fitness centre and there are very few gym thots there so me and the other guys can joke around/say whatever we want

It was a social environment for all the bodybuilders in the film because that was their entire life. It's basically the office for them, hanging out with other coworkers and occasionally fondling their balls.

It looks more like people had the same goals and worked together now everyone goes to a gym for whatever reason they might have and do their random routine that they put together on the spot.

agree with this a bit, ideally gyms should be segregated so we can have mantalk in the gym, also now there's so many people of different ages, races, languages, classes, e.t.c that everyone feels like a minority

Niggers, and other undesirables.

"Social" media. Instead of making friends at the gym people take a bunch of stupid pictures and seek validation online.

Do the classes and social events instead of just showing up, lifting for 80 minutes and going home. Same with church or school or anything, really. You have to put in an extra 10% to get the social benefit.

Which is something I wish I knew when I was in school.

gym classes are utter shite for muscle gains though

>lol just do pilates with those who ruin your gym user

I'm not the one who decided to let women in the gym, don't get mad at me.

I hate to go full /r9k/ and /pol/ but women and phones. In between sets every retard is checking out instagram and snapchat (myself included). And people won't approach each other anymore because thots go there now just for attention and lash out when they get it so basically everyone just looks at what they are doing and that is it.

I'm in a pretty small country and the gym I go to is pretty neat. It's not the biggest but it's like a huge family. Most people know each other and regularly have conversations and workout together. We help newcomers and show them proper form. Just a very fun experience, and everyone is white.

I have enough social interaction at school/work and via my friends. I go to the gym to just like lift some shit and it REALLLLLYYYY fucking annoys me when people try to talk to me, I even get annoyed when a cute bunny asks me to unrack some heavy weight or asks if she can share my bench etc. Like I don't avoid eye contact but I'll just pretend to not hear anyone over my music and unless they really get in my face to get my attention usually they just fuck off.

Also, it's segregated. Which means no women. :)

What country?

Macedonia

return rightful greek clay

Similar to my gym here in this 466 people Icelandic village

Be the change you want to see.

but help you with mobility

>walk into gym
>everyone has headphones

Making social gains in a gym is the same as it's always been. If you're friendly and make an effort it's extremely easy. If you're quiet, never talk to anyone, and just keep your headphones in then people will leave you alone.

Also criticising someone's form is a good way to make enemies, not friends. The average gym rat has such a fragile ego that they can't stand being wrong. I've seen someone calmly and politely try and help someone who is gonna snap their shit up on several occasions and it never goes down well. It's rare that someone is open to unsolicited constructive criticism.