Christianity and fitness

I've never really considered myself an atheist, but at the same time I've never gotten much into Christianity until recently. I've basically always considered myself a Christian but it's only been in the last 3-4 months or so that I've actually been trying to learn more about it. Dr. Jordan Peterson has also opened my eyes to the valuable and practical lessons that can be learned from Christ. It's also worth noting that I've known for quite some time now the true value there is in marriage, practically and statistically speaking, so that sort of laid the foundation for viewing Christianity in terms of the valuable and logical lessons it has available.

I take a little copy of the New Testament with me whenever I leave the house and often read some when taking the bus. Right now I'm working Roman, read quite a bit of Luke or something of the nature but got hung-up at some point then tried reading a different part. Kind of a fragmented way of reading it, but I can see the value in the lessons that it preaches. Whether I like it or not, it logically makes sense. I enjoy pre-marital sex, I've partaken in it many times, but I understand how it would have been beneficial to me to have waited until marriage. I can DEFINITELY see how it'd be beneficial for women, and though for years I couldn't understand the value of a virgin I think I finally get it.

We can have a discussion about Christianity if you like. You don't need to like it to have one, and you don't need to convert by the end of it. Merely sharing ideas can be quite enjoyable and interesting.

Also, how much can you bench press?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCvMMSTOl4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=JUwQGcNJyQo
youtube.com/watch?v=VpPDVqMltx8
youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just because there's merit in following a set of guidelines for living doesn't mean magic is real. If Peterson was honest and not reliant on Christian donations he'd finally admit he doesn't *actually* believe in god.

lmao 1.5 pl8 pls no h8

Didn't read 90% of your post sorry, but yes God wants you to get ripped.

I had been going to church sonce I was 6. Stopped going because I realized Christians are the most hypocritical, vulgar, and degenerate type of person you can be. Everyone in my youth class would sneer and yell at me if I just happened to question someone, like for example, how is not murdering a 10 commandment, but god is fine with the military and their murdering. Church used to be one of my favorite places, until I realized how fucked up the people are there.

Are you saved? Can you tell me how you know you have eternal life?

>how is not murdering a 10 commandment, but god is fine with the military and their murdering

Because the 10 commandements apply to the individual, not the state. It's a set of rule that garantees a somewhat stable relationship between individuals, don't steal, don't kill, respect your elders and your superior, don't lie, remain faithful to god only (this one is there to perpetuate the adhesion to the 9 others) etc.

it says nothing about the state, but ideally the state should encourage and enable those principles

It works pretty well. Christianity is a 2000 year old organized school of reminding people that they will never live up to what Jesus would want you to be, yet still demanding that they do their best, despite eventually failing due to the cursed nature of our being.

So it's a lot like fitness. Keep trying to make it, even though you never will, because that's what shows your dedication to the ultimate benevolent good.

Edgy underage
Warfare and execution are not murder
Close
All of sin applies to everyone regardless of if you're a state actor

I've wondered are these actual quotes in those muslim pics?

youtube.com/watch?v=gCvMMSTOl4Q

I got to admit, muslims can be pretty based. Wish they would just stay out of my country

>god
Nice try ((((brah)))).
Lmao plateaued at 3 & 1/2pl8, can’t break 360.

Also go fuck yourself.

i'd rather think a sinful leader's actions taint the state but when the state survival is at play then war might be a necessity. you might also accept state sponsored murder as a necessity to protect people against dangerous individual

You might rather think of it that way, but that's not the narrative of the Bible. God ordains war, and God ordains execution.

It's in the noahic covenant, restated many times in Exodus, Deuteronomy and Leviticus. If man sheds blood, by man shall his blood be shed. God isn't contradicting himself when he says not to murder, therefore execution isn't murder

The role of government is best explored in light of Romans 13

Posting Veeky Forums's pastor:
youtube.com/watch?v=JUwQGcNJyQo
youtube.com/watch?v=VpPDVqMltx8

Are you saved, Veeky Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA

Used to be a militant atheist and anti-theist. I still know evolution and things like that are true, but I now realise that both sides have equal amounts of rational and logical evidence on the origin of the universe. I also think that atheists' belief systems are based on Judeo-christian values. Currently I'd class myself as completely agnostic; absolutely no preference for one or the other. Although I really like Christian values and choose to follow them, I don't feel like I could believe in, and worship, a god unless i had a tangible reason to do so

I hit 2pl8 about a month ago so pretty happy with that

Edgy underage at the time maybe. I'm 19 now. I was 16 when I asked that and liked to form my own opinions own things.

Look into Eastern Orthodox Christianity, the history of the early church fathers is missing from most modern churches and it really shows. If you read John Chrystotom, Theophan the recluse and John of Kronstadt you can gain a better view of Christianity's historical context and the interpretations of scripture people used before industrialization.

Also the mystic aspects of the church are retained and you can become very centered when using short prayers like the Jesus Prayer.

*tips tiara*
Anyway I bench 1.5 p8
I understand why religion was necessary in the past but we are a modern culture now and religion has become obsolete. It will only cause more harm than good from now on

Not having religion in the world will only increase the amount of thots tbqhwyf

Can you explain why it is valuable or beneficial to be a virgin until marraige? Im a virgin but all my friends want me to make a tinder and get laid.

0ibs, back injury.

Okay
Who said traditional values were good? Maybe we DO need more thots

According to some study it improves the likelihood that you'll stay with the person you marry until you die

>not wanting stable relationships or families
>wanting relationships to just be about sex
>wanting STIs to spread more frequently
Fuck off

But its so hard to find a qt3.14 thats still a virgin in this day and age. Hell, even church going bitches are losing their V cards nowadays.

He's not wrong tho seeing as lesbians cannot perform intercourse

Lol christfag. Enjoy getting cucked by Jesus. Then grow up and read some Nietzsche [spoiler]God doesn't exist[/spoiler]

Breeding camps sound pretty dope though

On a serious note, marriage and love are very different things. With love there's passion and a little danger in eventually losing it. With marriage there's stability but also stagnation. That is why love stories like Romeo and Juliet are popular, it never losses the excitement

nietzce is the ultimate cuck

read Confessions by Augustine
I prefer pic related copy
the english is somewhat cumbersome to read through, and I did not enjoy it while reading, but now I love it. I guess I just had to live with the knowledge I got from it for a while to appreciate the value of his words.

Gimme the TL;DR version

Fuck organized religion. Fuck the Jews too, but they got the right idea. They don’t care if you convert, unlike the majority of other religions, who preach “the word” like some people preach the newest fad diets/ meme exercises.
>”bro, you have to worship Jesus Christ, I’ve made amazing gains since I started 3 weeks ago, so I know what I’m talking about.”
Retarde bullshit.

Also, I’m 215 lbs and benching 1.5pl8s. I’m stalling because I don’t have a spotter, and the smith machine is gay. Might just have to get used to doing the Tilt of Shame.

>0lbs
>back injury
Listen broseph, I’m not trying to shot on your struggles, but I’ve broken my neck and back. I’m the living embodiment of back injuries, and I still progress on BP, DL, OHP, and rows. I’m not sure what circumstances you have to deal with, but there is no reason to be at 0lbs.

Bruh... I aint trying to be ANOTHER $4000 in debt. Im not gonna risk breaking my back a second time.

If you have Christian morals lightly but deeply imprinted upon your socio-sexual circuit of consciousness you may feel regret or grief that you won't be giving yourself to your "one true love". The regret or grief may manifest itself in the form of passive agressive or whatever the fuck and harm the relationship.

If you can re-imprint your core values even ones that are only swimming around in your subconscious then it doesn't mean shit though.

I've been a christian my whole life. I love it and I hope that even if people don't choose to believe that they can see that its objectively good to try and live a kind and loving life.

One struggle I do have is premarital sex. I'm a virgin by choice and its really really hard. Turning down girls because I want to wait till I'm married sucks and it really turns them off.

>using "god is dead" as a reason for atheism
Wanna know how I know you haven't read Nietzsche?

>choose to believe
this is what never made sense to me. You can like the message all you want, but the crux of the religion is that the message is mandated by a divine figure and belief in a specific mythology.
Just choosing an answer to the question "Is this most likely how the universe is structured?" because you like its implications is intellectually dishonest