/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

bench monkey edition

ITT: discussion on how to get better at bench press, squat and deadlift.

the following are allowed and encouraged:

routines
form checks
accessory discussion
appropriate memes
feels

the following are expressly forbidden and discouraged:

shit form
that one pudgy loser
5/3/1 meme shit
sumo deadlifts

let's get things started with a classic:

WAWTT?
WAWET?
WAWLTT?
WAWFT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HvRx2YZTcbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First

>that one pudgy loser
don't make fun of MA like that

And since I didn't answer the questions

>trenning

Well Monday I've got
Comp squat x1 @8, x7 @9, 2 down sets (load drop)
Comp bench x1 @8, x6 @9, 2 down sets (load drop)
Standing military x8 @6, x8 @7, x8 @8 repeat 3 sets
~15 minutes of as many reps of 1-2 accessories

>eating

Made bulgogi for dinner tonight was quite good

>listening to

The penguins lose :(

>feeling

Hungry, again

Frig off twink

you doing project mementum or something?

Pretty much yeah, meet on April 7th

>people that aren't legally considered retarded actually consider powerlifting a sport

>WAWTT?
Cardio tomorrow.

Monday:
Deadlift (beltless)
5@330
5@380
5+AMRAP @430
3x5-8@330

Front Squat
10@165
10@195
10@230

Hanging leg raises, shrugs.

t. insecure little manlet faggot with shit lifts who looks and stinks like shit

can I save this image?

It's all yours friend.

(That card is also almost $300)

>tfw biceps pump

who /arm isolation/ here

Reminder to do the frog stretch to keep your hips healthy

Pic related

Doing mobility work and chilling on a Saturday night is extra comfy

Also be sure to stretch out those hamstrings too

That's a lot of words for someone who is mentally retarded

i agree, the retard who thinks powerlifting isn't a sport used an awful lot of words for a retard. good job on picking up on that, squirt.

Did someone hurt you?

nah. feel free to keep obsessing if you want.

i dont get it

>i dont get it
It's a heterosexual thing.

Staked my bank at the duel arena and now I'm fucking broke

Get raped and kill yourself, you retard fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Nobody that speaks this way, even ironically, is remotely strong

Sub 200kg squatter, for sure

I got my bumpers. But man why the FUCK do steel plates have to be so god damned expensive. It shouldn't be that hard to find fucking 45 lb plates for $0.50 a lb. It's going to be ages before I get all my shit and can actually lift

My favourite

Second favourite

Deleted this one I disliked it so much

To say that I'm a big MA fan would be a ginormous understatement. You see, I'm
a ginormous MA fan to the core and I want everyone to know it. His new total has had me hypnotized for weeks!

But in all honesty my most favorite trip of all time is Garagebro. Hes fucking hilarious and has in my opinion some of the greatest squatting form in the business. I'd put him up their in the top three trips of all time.

Even my priest agrees. New orthodox bro here btw. Currently non practicing but it's so great to get back into the faith after years of being a degenerate agnostoshit. Now if only I could get my cathlocuck parents to stop being pagans!

That reminds me, am I the only one disappointed that trappy-chan is actually gone? Oh who am I kidding! Of course not! Sometimes I forget I'm so completely surrounded by intellectuals of mine own caliber. This isn't Reddit after all!

And um, I'd have to say my least favorite trip is sean. Hes far to edgy for me

another night on /plg alone withsean

>bench going up steady for weeks
>stop doing 100 reps of tris due time restraints
>bench progress stops
wew

chinup 3x6
pulldown 3x6-7

db row 4x8
fz pull 5x10

cable row 2x10
curl 2x10

very bad session frends
took a gargantuan 30 minute shit right before training
cold, no feel, no pump, deflated muscles, no prs :(

pring on something on bad days is key

Im switching gyms. Should I go to old school gym or some commercial one?

Old school

>3350 kcal left
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

its 10:39 am the fk u on

Word is, having stronger guys around is one of the best training methods.

Old school always, I travel 50 mins each way just so I can lift with stronger guys.

Whatever gym has better lifters and better equipment

>a few sandwiches with nuttela and peanut butter
wow that was hard

Mate. Come on. That's not hard.

Ok so old school wins. They have 5 squat racks, russian barbells, metal music and plates they gathered for 20 years so its like every set of weights is diffrent

>Go to gym.
>See this
What do?

sounds like lots of fun, have fun and get strong

Never, but never, the commercial gym.

The atmosphere doesn't exist.

The only nice thing about the commercial gym is the world stopping to watch you lift.
The issue with that is the cognitive dissonance between the ego wank of everyone thinking you're strong, and the embarrassment of knowing you're not.

Redpill me on Westside for skinny bastards

Tickle her bumhole at the end of the rep and see if she faceplants from the shock.

there are more nice things like cheap as fuck, next to you, open 24/7, people scared of touching your weights, but still lack of equipment and strong people experienced people sucks a lot. Also last week some high schooler walked to me and asked me "Excuse me mister can you help me out with bench press"

I'm running SL at the moment and having trouble progressing past my body weight with bench press. Would it make to use 75% of the weight 3x10 as an accessory after the other workout?

>progressing past my body weight with bench press
so it was your first day at the gym?

No need to be a dick man, I know my bench sucks.

does anyone have any exp with the incline bench as a variation

i know its old school to do incline but i never thought it has much carryover compared to lets say pin press. Might use incline for my next microcycle

I only do incline with dumbbells, with barbell it destroys my shoulders.

Redpill me on Westside for skinny bastards

>training
Going to be a /comfy/ 10 reps at 157,5kg for the squat and then 155 for 10x3, since I fell for the C6W-meme. Then for the accessory deadlift movement I will do sumo, I want to try it toes to plate and see if it works better than my fairly narrow current stance.

>eating
Spaghetti, self-made tomato sauce of course and with choice vegetables, that little extra comes from dried mushrooms.

>listening to
Currently watching the Mark Bell powercast with Big Ray, in the gym will be Eminem probably.

>feeling
Frustrated, why can't women just be effective?

what % of your low bar back squat should you be able to front squat?

i want to start working them into my routine and need a place to start

just work up to a 1@8 jeez dude it aint that hard

Squatted 351 last week and moved like a warmup, things looking good for my meet

dunno I dont do low bar squats

>powercast
I miss when this used to be good

>Frustrated, why can't women just be effective?
What does that even mean?

>tommartinplBit of practice in wraps using some natty IPF 2m shit because I'm scared of the big boy wraps and easing myself in. 305kg here. Not as fun as I remembered it...
kek what did he mean by this

Would be interested too. I checked the template and it seems that a lot of stuff is missing.

I never watched it before, I just saw that Ray was on and I wanted to know more about him. It was a bit bad actually, lots of dead moments in the conversation, but overall it was nice.

In anything. They always drag out the time because they are tired or because they need attention.

Form check my squat pls.
thank u.

>torso rising early
>hips moving forward
>cant even hit depth
is this that louie simmons sheet

I just like idea of working up to 1@8-9 and than doing normal sets based of it for comp lifts. Also fun for very coś variations like cgbp, paused squats etc. Just wouldnt use for tempo beacuse Im sure I would broke tempo

I can’t load planks alone properly. Instead of weighted planks to assist lifts, would something like front rack holds have the same effect?

using it for everything would be retarded

On barbell medicnie they said they use it for every comp lift so atleast 3x a week {squat, dl, bench} than more into cycle they also use it for one variation of their coice to its upped to 6x a week (2x squat, 2x dl, 2x bench). I like it beacuse If for eg. you stall on lowbar comp on given day, but other day you hit great numbers on paused squat you know that anyway you are getting better

Sup /plg/, gigatwink here
Is this depth?

Yes

Probably

You can use it for any assistance (works the similar movement pattern/joint angles as the comp lift), not a good idea for accessories (trains the muscles through different joint angles) even if they're compound movements.

One of my lifters coaches too, didn't explain this well enough and his client tried an @8 single on hamstring curls

>is my hip crease below my knee?
>hides hip crease with towel
lad

I'd probably give you the benefit of the doubt

did you see your bench going up because of the incline

stop using RPE and just lift

Yes exactly its good for measuring strength without causing too much fatigue

That last part is what i meant exactly

theoretically you could use it for tempo squats but youll probally just rush the tempo

Yeah, I prescribe tempos '@7' but give the caveat that they just need to pick a weight that's reasonably difficult but maintains the tempo above all else. It's never going to be the main squat session of the week so it's not too important.

Just because you lack self awareness doesn't mean RPE isn't valid.

Maxing every day > RPE

>6k calorie left
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sounds like a good way to get injured and let your form go to shit when you're not a beginner anymore

Need more deadlift assistance volume. Been doing heavy squats, bent over rows, RDLs. DL 1RM is 220kg

Nah I'm mostly joking I just think that MOST lifters don't have a clue about their own bodies and just write random numbers are RPE.

Every day I see people grinding out the shittiest squats ever and calling it RPE 7.5.

Just the other day I saw someone cut a squat half a foot high AND need a spot and he wrote RPE 9.

random numbers AS RPE.*

jelly tbqh

>6k
how much you weigh

Do people still think RPE is based on how you feel and not just a rating of performance?

Those people aren't being objective with themselves and are fucking up their own training.

They say it out loud to themselves and have never actually done it before. That's why I always record my difficult sets so I can be objective with myself and the bar speed of my single or set.

Good watch for anyone who actually wants to learn more.
youtu.be/HvRx2YZTcbQ

I always record working sets so after getting away from the bar I can tell better what RPE it was judging by the speed

>Do people still think RPE is based on how you feel
Perceived.
>and not just a rating of performance?
Exertion.

"How many reps left in the tank" was used for 70+ years prior to RPE.

I bet Mike regrets ever mainstreaming the idea of RPE. It's main purpose is for Instagram when you call your grinder a 7.5

I call 8-8.5 a 9.5 on insta

Has anyone ever actually managed to permanently solve hip flexor pain from squatting? I've taken the past month off to:
>improve mobility
>stretch for at least half an hour every day
>avoid sitting still for more than half an hour
>do good/bad girls
>warm up properly
>do glute activation activities

First session back today, hurts just as bad as before. Is it time to quit? I don't want to.

did you went to actual good physio?

So, did you give him the mating press on the bench or not?