/Martial Arts/ General

Post routines on heavy bags, thoughts on styles, technical questions, webms and gifs, also maybe just post cute MMA girls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=62ez3682Qe8
teamusa.org/usa-boxing/membership/find-a-club
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I suck

AxAxAxA
A:
3x10 hanging sit up
4x7 clean and press
2x7 pendlay row
5x7 squat
3x3 deficit deadlift
2x100second weighted dead hang
3x10 skullcrushers
X:
Foam rolling
Static stretch/splits
30min heavy bag -power/form
3x10min V02 max heavy bag/
20 min - heavy bag, worst strike
3x20 ab wheel

Training/class whenever else

Cute? No. Beating the shit out of each other? Yes.

Watch Sylvie's videos. She started training Muay Thai, then went to Thailand, married, succeeded in a goal of 100 fights in a year, and now runs a Muay Thai school for poor children in a village while still fighting. Bad ass.

www youtube.com/watch?v=yUICxlPLMXQ

Thug Rose is pretty great, but I saw a post the other day of her "conditioning" training and it was super disappointing. She was doing like... Half squat jumps with a barbell held in a half curl. Shit made me sad.

there are 2 in gym relationships going on at my jits club. One is living with a single mother. The other couple takes turns coming to class when they fight. Its pretty funny

R I C E D
and Thai's have the smallest dicks of all asians

>80 on my wrist
>100 on my wrist
>80 on my wrist
>100 on my wrist
>THUG ROSE
>THUG ROSE
>THUG ROSE
>THUG ROSE
>THUG ROSE
>THUG ROSE

Um, OK? Not sure what your comment was about, but whatever.

We all suck.

>local boxing tournie in a couple months
>couple weeks away completing current weight phase
>fuck it, joins boxing club
>¿¿¿
Wish me luck, Veeky Forums

My specific judo training is mostly rows and ab work.
I also train alot of squats, deads and bench other days.

>that footwork
He really does look he's floating

I just read the tactic barbell book. The whole thing seems larpy but the routines actually seem great. Anyone have experience running one of the programs?

Jesus fuck Mike was a goddamn monster.
Can someone find his old routine? It was some ridiculous shit with like 500 dips and push ups and shit.

He was only 15 years old when that video was taken

At 15 I was jacking off to rule34 of Mario princess and he was a literal hand to hand murderer

>At 15 I was jacking off to rule34 of Mario princess
I know that feel brah, could have been undisputed world champ by now if I started earlier
All the wasted years...

Routine of a poor fag without people willing to train because my work/school schedule is shit.
>>Every day before work(when time allows): 15 minutes of 30/45 second intervals of-
> pushups of varying grips
>sit ups
>squats
>back bridges
Sometimes(when time allows):
> squat jumps
>burpies
>heel raises
>alternating lunges

>>After work circuit A: (after warm up/burnout)
>pull ups
>skip rope for
>foot work drills
>advance/retreat drills
>falling drills
>stand up drills
>ducking/jumping drills
>bobbing and weaving drills
>strikes emphasising form on each side
+lead
+cross
+hook
+uppercut
+overhead
+close proximity strikes
+elbows
+knees
+ball/heel kicks forward
+side kicks
+instep kick
>parrying drills
>blocking drills
>combo strike drills
>free flow in 360°
>>>repeat as needed for \>Circuit B: (with equipment loaded ruck sack)
>heel raises
>lunges
>squats
> side lunges
>turning lunges
>pushups
>weighted bucket lift (40lbs)
>alternating platform stepping
>footwork drills w/ bag
>ready stance with form emphasized strikes

Rest day:
>yoga
>meditation
>cleaning
>additional hygene as needed

Same everything, training for judo is the most satisfying routine I've done

Pfft, I bet that kick hurt. Who the fuck kick's solid objects with their toes?

so i do
madcow 3x a week
bjj 2-3x a week
muay thai 2-3x a week (alternate with bjj)

stats
191cm
95kg
OHP 80x5
Bench 115x5
Squat 120x5
DL 150x3

am i going to make it brehs

its important to note that Mike is only a top 10-15 all time heavyweight as his best win is a geriatric Larry Holmes

dont shit talk tyson faggot

Mike Tyson in his prime before he went to jail would fuck any other heavyweight in history besides this eras giants of 6"6 260lb juicers.

im not he was a very good fighter but dont believe all the myths

you have to compare dominance in their prime like any other sport. Tyson has a lot of sympathisers constantly bringing up muh Cus i suspect these people are mma fans for the most part and have a very limited knowledge of boxing and boxing history.

iron mike and alexander karelin over any 2 on earth

You aren't anymore. Quit regretting starting late and focus on progressing now. Time spent in reflection on the past regrets will only rob the time you presently have to make efforts in refinement.

>when the dmt hits just right

such a basic bitch lol bet you own a bruce lee shirt

nope cause mike would whoop bruce lee too and because id be loyal to him regardless of if he was the best fighter or not

what do you feel was Mikes best outing?

his outing from prison

I basically train for a combination of strength and explosiveness. Lots of medium weight shoulder work when I was starting out, gradually heavier as I got used to the extended stress. I do a lot of upper body work, but I make sure I try to get my deadlift/legwork in when I can. Always have a core workout as well.

>Tyson was the hardest puncher and best HW of all time
Um try again sweaty

Will squats increase my kicking power or is it too bad for flexibility?

Try out explosive movements like squat jumps

That's slick. Does he have prior Judo experience?

She isnt married to a thai

Every morning is 20 minutes of flexibility and drilling on a graplling dummy, mainly focus on rubber guard stuff to help with flexibility. Then I play around with some bag/ combo work for another 10.

M - Muay thai/Jits class
T - Upperbody strength and 4 mile run
W - Muay thai/ Jits class
T - Wrestling/ mma grappling class
F - Maybe some light drills and easy run
S - Open mats / upper body hypertrophy
S - lower body strength

Started bjj last year, really fun. It's also more fun to lift when you're actually using your body for something outside of the gym.
Gonna change up my routine a bit, I've already started doing Zercher deadlifts, gonna add Jeffersons now too. There's really no point training like a powerlifter/bro when I'm neither.

Do you guys have any more pointers for Judo specific training. My coach told me to thro my jacket over a bar, grab ends and do pullups for grip strength. Then we both laughed bc I can't do a basic pullup.

I had the same problem like you. There are some rubber bands that assist you when u do pulls ups.
Buy one of them and do pull ups till you get the feeling that u dont need it anymore.
Judo Wrestling and BJJ all do a very simailar training. focus on upper body(Shoulders, chest, abs) and on ur back as it will give you the stability that you need in judo.

What's good full body routine for a kickboxer?

How to train endurance? Almost blacked out after pushing myself too hard on ground work

HIIT

Thx mate!

Rower sprints or plain old running / swimming for time.

That's straight up muay thai

>>the hardest puncher and best HW of all time
>Posts a meme grill
Shiggy

Has anyone practiced a useful version of a Tekken style leg sweep? I know recently in MMA the low leg kick, where you aim for the opponents calf as become popular (ie Miocic vs Dos Santos or Macdonald vs Lima) but does anyone have any footage of a real legit video game style leg sweep? Also discuss how it would be used effectively in MMA ? The closet thing I can come to would be Andy Hug and his fucking insane low wheel kick that he called the hug tornado.

Who would win a fight Jackie Can or Bruce Lee?
>Arena is a pit 8ft deep solid concrete all around
> No weapons
> No bullshit kung fu magic
> Do the death
> Both in their respective primes
>They are wearing Pride style MMA gloves and Vale tudo shorts.

Neither of them are real fighters, but I'm guessing Jackie. Pretty sure he's stronger and more athletic, and he's more accustomed to pain.

Jackie chan would for sure be the better athlete. Was Bruce a rice cuck who was only known for Wu Wu kung fail bullshit?

any fellow Americans who would gladly suck Mike Tyson's dick?

The best thing about training any decent martial art is when you go back into a regular gym. You realise that guy who always uses the heavy bag doesn't actually know anything about fighting. Despite wearing all the fight gear and staring people down.

Is jackie chan holding a baby?

>"If I found Mike Tyson in bed with my wife, I'd tuck him in." -Ricky Hatton

What martial art to pick if one wants to be prepared to win against the ordinary bloke that provokes a fight? MMA, kick boxing/K1, Krav maga ...?

Boxing is the best against multiple opponents. Wrestling for 1v1. Ironically, boxers of the bareknuckle era did both, because there weren't any rules. Learning both arts won't even hinder your ability to practice the other, because the movements and stances are almost the same. I'd take up boxing first though.

>Boxing is the best against multiple opponents
You mean Muay Thai

Learn how to punch and punch first. Nobody dedicates months and years to getting their ass kicked just on the off-chance they will get in a fight with a stranger. If that's your motivation you will quit.

Are you fucking stupid?

No, he doesnt.

Should I get into a boxing gym or should be cheap and just build the stuff I would need at home? Like out of rope and tire?

Fightlet here, someone pls explain

Is kyokushin karate legit? Done seven years of shotokan before but haven't done any for a while

Got my first kk session tomorrow

It's the only form of karate that's legit.

youtube.com/watch?v=62ez3682Qe8

>Tfw only boxing gym in my area is a Crossfit "fitness" club with a boxing ring and heavy bags
One pro guy in my area trains there, but I don't know if it's his primary gym or if he just goes there for the equipment.
How do I know if a gym trains amateur boxers?

Honestly? Because of the nature of boxing practice, and this might sound silly, try watching some youtube vids and following the same training style.
JUST DON'T get sucked into crossshit. I thought it was a cool new fad and was happy that people were going to workout, but I didn't know how dangerous and stupid it was until my friend got injured from single leg drops.

Want to find an actual boxing gym that teaches real boxing? Go to the ghetto.

I was taught to do the low kick in this stance, lowering the hips and delivering a near-horizontal strike to the knee.
It's effective as a kick but I doubt it would work as a leg sweep, the lever mechanics involved in a leg sweep mean the lower you go the better. A sweep on the upper half of the calves is more likely to make your opponent's knee bend.

Overall I don't think a Mishima style karate sweep would be possible in real life.

Would you recommend a full body routine when doing all this? I am thinking of doing 2xFull body 1 low volume and 1 high volume/hypertrophy.

How do I train abs for boxing so I don't get my ribs broken?

Not Tekken style, but Maui Thai uses sweeps quite frequently

Bent over rows, squats, ohp and dips. Best is to just go all out every session, nobody cares if you are bright red, breathing out your arse and still getting the shit beaten outta you just train and train hard. Also there are some things like forearms and grip that only actual judo can train properly

this

Keep pushing hard in groundwork. And standing for that matter. If you really need some cardio tho swimming is the goat. It is so nice to know that no matter how tired you feel your opponent feels more tired

No because most people have a good stance or develop one fairly early on in their fighting. That's why you constantly break the leg to the point that it gives

Get hit. Get hit again. Russian twists. Keep getting hit, remember it will always hurt less the next time and you will get used to it. Just don't start out sparring at full power with some dick

Her form is so clean, I'm having a boner right now OMG

>looking for a boxing gym
>find a great gym
>train and spar there for nine months
>gym owner wants me to box for them
>continue sparring and training, getting ready for an upcoming tournament
>get accepted into my college of choice
>give up my spot in the tournament because I'm leaving
>leave to go to college

>now
>USA boxing membership has long expired
>haven't sparred in months
>college has no boxing club
>want to get back into it
>one gym in the area
>feel a ton of loyalty to my previous gym
>don't know what gym I should put down on my USA boxing registration
What do?

kg for weights or pounds?

kg

t. never been in a ring

it's like the other guy is working against him or something

What do you mean alternate with BJJ? I'm trying to the same thing plus a full time job and i never end up doing all of it

I mean one week bjj is sun-tue-thur, muay thai is mon-wed, then the week after muay is sun-tue-thur and bjj is mon-wen
i have a full time job

all i have time for in my day is work/lunch/gym/training/1-2 hours to eat and relax then sleep, if its a 2 in 1 day.

You can't learn at home.

Instruction, class and drilling / sparring is number one.

Equipment means nothing.

You're a disloyal idiot. You should have fought for your gym, at least that once. If you go back there, I hope they spit in your face and tell you you're a piece of shit.

I suggest you try again

>David "no belt" Tua

Recently went to the finals for my state's golden gloves (boxing tournament) but lost. I've found a lot of success using RossBoxing's routines. Often involves weight training twice a week and doing interval runs 3x a week.

a bag routine i like:
rd 1: straight punches only (med intensity)
rd 2: Jab, Straight Right, Left Hook to the body - pivot, Jab, Jab (med intensity)
rd 3: 10s on at 100% intensity, 20s off at 30% intensity (increasing work rate)
rd 4: repeat rd 3

should drop by and ask. check teamusa.org/usa-boxing/membership/find-a-club as well

I do not have access to a gym, a sandbag, or even a fucking smooth floor room. How the fuck do I get myself back in shape for practicing martial arts?

I run and do calisthenics, and I've considered doing punch and kick reps in the empty air, but I really want to put some force behind my moves instead of it just being isometric.

Does anyone has the list from martial arts that goes from SS to shit?

Aside from what the other anons said, crunches and motions similar to it are great for the abs but also give you a feel for certain throws like seoi nage

Right here my guy

>Boxing above all else
>Krav Maga on top
smallbrainwojak.jpg

Thanks dude